PDA

View Full Version : ofc of the year

12-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I have just been informed that the officer of the year award is not for achievements during the year. It is just receiving the popular vote during the year. Of the nominations only two have done above and beyond what was required and of those two, it was not the recipient. For those of you who would like to receive the award next year I implore you to show up to work. That's all that is required by the standards set by this years selection. Now I do look forward to hearing for any and all of you who choose to come on here and defend the selection. I do ask that you are honest with yourselves and those who come on here to read what you have to say. Please understand that I take nothing away from the person who received the nomination and was ultimately chosen. However, if we compare him to those who were nominated and those who were not I am sure we can find more than enough people to choose from that are more deserving. There are even people who come to work and DO WORK. This is just my opinion. BY comparison to the one chosen we should have nominated "Hey Buddy" he is just as hard a work as "The Chosen One".

12-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Yes, were goin places with the awarded people. When was the last time a grunt in patrol got an award? I mean a grunt to, not suck up...................

12-23-2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the big red letters.

I couldn't read it otherwise.

Wow shocking, people complaining in Pinellas Park. Patrol officers feeling slighted because they are overworked and under appreciated.....blah blah blah...

Merry Christmas!

Congrats Dean! That is what they meant to say.

02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
For those of us who do not know, who was selected (and why)?

02-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Does it matter who is officer of the year? It's something that every agency has an award for. I feel sorry for people (officer's) who MUST loose sleep over this issue.

NEW ENGLAND over NEW YORK!

31 - 10

03-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Stay out of the politics and continue to do your job!!! If you want the award then play the game, won't do you any good to bash the system, suggest a change......

03-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Stay out of the politics and continue to do your job!!! If you want the award then play the game, won't do you any good to bash the system, suggest a change......

03-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the party.....

I agree with you ....however....your a little late aren't ya..

04-01-2008, 02:24 AM
when is this award going to go to an OFFICER who deserves this? give an admin award, a supervisor award, and an actual officer of the year award. Chief, recognize your troops, not just your boys, This award is useless and baseless.

04-01-2008, 04:14 AM
You would think you could actually post a message that is somewhat current...That award was only given out last year.

Move on already...

04-02-2008, 04:27 AM
Hey "DESERVE", who do YOU think should have gotten the award then?