PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone tell me if I can get hired with this issue?

Spook
12-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Can I get hired by Ft Lauderdale PD? I need honest opinions! Here's my overview:

FL certified in good standing with FDLE
No arrests, no IA's, no disciplinary problems with my past agencies
Clean driving record, good credit, 0 past drug use.

Over 10 years ago I resigned from my first police dept. I resigned in mutual agreement with the agency after I was unfairly evaluated by a Redneck FTO who was driving me up the walls constantly calling me a SPIC. I got so fed up with it! I requested another FTO, but the agency had so many lawsuits in court for discrimination against minorities, that they denied my request. I'm Cuban and this was a small agency in the Orlando area. After resigning, I was hired by an agency in Dade County. I excelled in FTO and was released early.

The problem is that I never finished probation with either agency. I had no dosciplinary problems at all. I was 25 and kept looking for the "greener pastures", not realizing that this would hurt my employment history in local law enforcement. I have been denied employment by a load of local agencies because of this issue, which they characterize as "unstable employment history". I'm now employed as a federal LEO with excellent training and even awards.

The feds didn't care about this issue and they conducted the most rigorous background I've seen. I have a Top Secret clearance. They told me that it was my right to leave a job I didn't like as long as I didn't have any disciplinary issues in my file and I was hired. What the hell is happening to local law enforcement that they hire drug users, people w/ criminal pasts, but deny a clean applicant like me employment.

Will Ft Lauderdale PD give me a shot? I have to relocate back to FL to help care for my sick father because my agency denied me a compassionate transfer to the Miami Field Office. I have every tactical training conceivable, I'm a hostage negotiator, intelligence officer, interrogator, and the list is too long to name.

Any opinions or advice from my brothers/sisters at Ft Lauderdale PD would be appreciated!.

PS. I'm well aware of the problems at your agency. Don't get discouraged! The finest agencies go through this. My buddy works for Coral Gables PD, who never had problems and now they're miserable. Hialeah PD had about 5 years of missery with their last mayor, and now they're on the rebound and much happier. You're the finest cops in Broward Co. I wouldn't be applying to your agency if I didn't believe this. Keep your heads high and watch your 6 out there.

12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I don't think you should have a serious issue, especially with the manpower problems we are having now

Copper
12-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Come on by.....you'll fit right in. Everyone here stays for 2 years then leaves for "greener pastures" also.

Spook
12-20-2007, 09:46 PM
I hope you're right! I just got denied within the last 2 months by Pembroke Pines PD and Hollywood PD for the same thing. It just eats me up to see some of the garbage these agencies pick up to wear a badge, but deny a clean applicant like me employment.

:roll:

12-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Depends on who does your background investigation, honestly. I don't think you'll have a problem, but they don't ask for my input.

12-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Can I get hired by Ft Lauderdale PD? I need honest opinions! Here's my overview:

FL certified in good standing with FDLE
No arrests, no IA's, no disciplinary problems with my past agencies
Clean driving record, good credit, 0 past drug use.

Over 10 years ago I resigned from my first police dept. I resigned in mutual agreement with the agency after I was unfairly evaluated by a Redneck FTO who was driving me up the walls constantly calling me a SPIC. I got so fed up with it! I requested another FTO, but the agency had so many lawsuits in court for discrimination against minorities, that they denied my request. I'm Cuban and this was a small agency in the Orlando area. After resigning, I was hired by an agency in Dade County. I excelled in FTO and was released early.

The problem is that I never finished probation with either agency. I had no dosciplinary problems at all. I was 25 and kept looking for the "greener pastures", not realizing that this would hurt my employment history in local law enforcement. I have been denied employment by a load of local agencies because of this issue, which they characterize as "unstable employment history". I'm now employed as a federal LEO with excellent training and even awards.

The feds didn't care about this issue and they conducted the most rigorous background I've seen. I have a Top Secret clearance. They told me that it was my right to leave a job I didn't like as long as I didn't have any disciplinary issues in my file and I was hired. What the hell is happening to local law enforcement that they hire drug users, people w/ criminal pasts, but deny a clean applicant like me employment.

Will Ft Lauderdale PD give me a shot? I have to relocate back to FL to help care for my sick father because my agency denied me a compassionate transfer to the Miami Field Office. I have every tactical training conceivable, I'm a hostage negotiator, intelligence officer, interrogator, and the list is too long to name.

Any opinions or advice from my brothers/sisters at Ft Lauderdale PD would be appreciated!.

PS. I'm well aware of the problems at your agency. Don't get discouraged! The finest agencies go through this. My buddy works for Coral Gables PD, who never had problems and now they're miserable. Hialeah PD had about 5 years of missery with their last mayor, and now they're on the rebound and much happier. You're the finest cops in Broward Co. I wouldn't be applying to your agency if I didn't believe this. Keep your heads high and watch your 6 out there.

Stay the hell out of here FED! We don't need you and your Hollywood PD boys ratting about what goes on with us! We treat FED's like we treat mushrooms....FEED THEM SH1T AND KEEP THEM IN THE DARK.

12-20-2007, 11:04 PM
The only way to really know is to apply. We really can't answer anything. I guess you can call backgrounds. We all know the hiring process sucks.

I think that 16xx has watched The Departed one to many times.

Spook
12-20-2007, 11:18 PM
Let me tell you something Mr 16XX or XXX or whatever name makes your existence justifiable!

I was only asking a question and If if may say so, I did so in a courteous and professional manner. I was a local cop just like you and I'm proud of it because it made me a way better FED. Now that I'm done being nice I'l tell you to take a close look at my screen name and that should give you an idea of what I do for "BIG DARK UNCLE". I've been assigned to every sh-t hole of this planet specifically to neutralize some real "BAD ASS TANGOS" that still live & practice methods of ancient civilization. Therefore, I DO NOT FEAR ANY MAN!

So please, Sir go BARK at the parameciums of society that you deal with everyday in our beloved & noble profession. To the rest of the more cordial & professional officers on this forum, I will continue to take your opinions.

Thank You!

Spook :D

12-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Pay no attention to 16XX. He was late for his shift on the Strike Team. He doesn't represent the rest of us. And, if it makes you feel better, he's only been a cop for 2 months....6 if you count the academy. He's never "seen the elephant" and has no clue what a "tango" is. If you're from where I think you are, you'll know what I mean.

Spook
12-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Aaah! That explains it!

Well, this shadow warrior has seen that "Elephant" many times over! So, just curious, what is this "Strike Team" that our young pup belongs to, if I may respectfully ask?

12-21-2007, 12:24 AM

Just curious, was the city near Orlando Ocoee?

Spook
12-21-2007, 12:35 AM
My brother! Occoe is one that I've heard has its own shit load of problems in the area of "cultural diversity". But, no the place is "Kissimmee PD".

12-21-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey Spook,
Are you really a spick?

12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
There's a thread that focuses just on the job that the Strike Team has been tasked with. Feel free to browse.

Spook
12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
LAMO! Yes my brother JBL I'm really a Spick, LOL! I have really thick skin man, I began my local LE career in 1995 and I know when someone is messing with you and when someone is being hateful!

But, since you're so curious JBL I'm Caucasian. I was born in Cuba and so were my parents. My grandparents are Spaniards from Canary Islands. But, my nationality makes me Hispanic. Do I know any Spicks, sure, plenty of them. I was assigned to the South Texas Border on CT operations for a while and saw many of them throwing stones at some very patriotic and hard working brothers/sisters in the Border Patrol.

Any other questions JBL? :D

12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Ok ok every one relax, it was just a joke, a poor attempt at humor and quote from The Departed. And for the record i'm not on the stike team! As for someone who has recently been through the FLPD hiring process, with in the last two years, I think you might have a problem with that issue. Despite the shortage, FLPD is very finnicky about the smallest background details. It's really a craps shoot and depends on whether or not your specific backgrounds guy has an issue with it. Just be prepaired to be battered with questions in your oral board about that specific issue.

Let me tell you something Mr 16XX or . or whatever name makes your existence justifiable!

I was only asking a question and If if may say so, I did so in a courteous and professional manner. I was a local cop just like you and I'm proud of it because it made me a way better FED. Now that I'm done being nice I'l tell you to take a close look at my screen name and that should give you an idea of what I do for "BIG DARK UNCLE". I've been assigned to every sh-t hole of this planet specifically to neutralize some real "BAD ASS TANGOS" that still live & practice methods of ancient civilization. Therefore, I DO NOT FEAR ANY MAN!

So please, Sir go BARK at the parameciums of society that you deal with everyday in our beloved & noble profession. To the rest of the more cordial & professional officers on this forum, I will continue to take your opinions.

Thank You!

Spook :D

Spook
12-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Good! I hope they ask at the oral board because it is my intention to articulate my experiences. There's no one pickier in local than the federal agency that I work for and not only was I hired, but was re-investigated head to toe to get my Top Secret SCI clearance. There's no stricter, more anal investigation than the one my agency does for clearances, especially for its spooks.

I have faith in God and I'm confident they can't simply overlook my record with the federal government, not to mention the over $1 million dollars worth of training that I've received and would be bringing it to FLPD.

12-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Federal Agencies and Municipal Agencies work in a different scope and they care very little for the other. Example: When I applied with FLPD, I had an active TS Clearance and my BI couldn’t have care less for it as it doesn’t matter one bit since, as a local cop you’re not working with sensitive information. In average a local BI will take anywhere from one month to six month doing a background check. A special agent with a FED agency can take up to a year working on a thorough background the will required everything that happen in your life since the day you were born.

Now, the only thing I see here my friend is why are you jumping ship from local to federal then back to local? If indeed you have received $1 million worth of training; why are you not content with your employer? I can tell you that FLPD has some reckneck FTOs just like Kissimmee, even though we’re definitely more diverse than that f#cking place. Also everyone here is jumping ship and with your indecisive mindset of looking for the perfect agency, I doubt that you will find a cozy home here buddy. The average gun swinger here stays for two years and then split, that you tell you all about the current conditions here at FLPD.

12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Spook- Sounds to me like your attitude is what got you removed from the other processes, not your backgorund. Try and take it down a notch, stop bragging about your TS clearance (no one cares) or your $1 million worth of training (no one cares again.) As an FNG, nobody gives a crap about where you came from- you have to earn your spot just like everyone else.

Foledale- And red neck FTO's? Everyone jumping ship? Average gunslinger staying 2 years? Yeah, keep spreading crap like that about the PD- very useful to everyone. Sure good way to help attract good candidates moron.

Spook
12-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Sir! I wasn't trying to boast about my training or TS clearance. BELIEVE ME! I don't need to brag about anything. I was just making a contrast to some of the people these local agencies pick up. I brought my training into play because I feel it makes me somewhat of an asset to your fine agency. I'm figuring it has to count for something! I scored a 98 on the CJBAT at BCC. I was just trying to give you guys a slight picture of me as an applicant because I needed opinions and guidance.

I love the agency I'm at now! I'm actually in my dream job. My sister says I'm Jack Bauer & Jason Bourne all in one, LOL! But, seriously, my father is critically ill and my mon can't care for him financially or otherwise on her own. My current agency denied me a compassionate transfer to the Miami Field Office and denied my appeal as well. Taking a leave of absence is not the answer, he will always need me and his condition will not change. I can't turn my back on my dad! The man busted his behind working to for my sibblings and I and is 5 times the man I could ever be. If choosing to be a good son and not turning my back on my best friend and father makes me a bad candidate, then so be it!

12-23-2007, 03:15 AM
Ok, sorry then, maybe I misread some of your comments. Ignore most of the drivel you see posted here by some of the posters here. I'm not even convinced some of them even work at the FLPD. Ok, so the agency has its problems right now, just like most agencies do but we also have some exceptional people who will, eventually, bring this place back. You'll never hear that from the *****ers, whiners, moaners & groaners on this site tho. All you'll hear is "woe is me." Apply, bring your "A" game in the process, be truthful & w/a score like that on your cjbat, you'll be ok.

Spook
12-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks Man! That's what I'm hoping for. FLPD has alway sbeen a great department. As I stated in my forst post, I think you gusy are the best damn cops in Broward County and possable South FL. I've never worked for Ft Lauderdale, but all I can tell you is to hang in there and stick together and your department will bounce back.

Politics always bring waves of changes, some popular, some not, but you guys made the agency what it is and only you can either destroy it or improve it. Its the same concept as real estate. The reason neighborhods go to shit is because as soon as some scumm bag moves in everybody sells their property and values go down thus allowing the scumm to take over. But, when the neighbors stick together, implement neighborhood crime watch and bring the police in the process, the neighborhood bounces back and the scumm can't make a home there.

You get the picture, you sound like a sharp guy!

12-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Foledale- And red neck FTO's? Everyone jumping ship? Average gunslinger staying 2 years? Yeah, keep spreading crap like that about the PD- very useful to everyone. Sure good way to help attract good candidates moron.

You are just another ***** cheerleader that drank from the koolaid and now you can’t get enough it. I tell it like it is, if this fellow really wants to work for our department he’ll do it regardless what anybody says. I heard plenty of $hit about FLPD b/f I applied but I still went ahead and gave it a try.

Being of mix race myself I can tell you that FLPD has some FTOs that have no business training recruits. They would prefer an all white police force and keep the good-boy system if they only could. But since you’re so f#cking high on the koolaid you drink everyday it has impaired your vision.

I was unfairly evaluated by a Redneck FTO who was driving me up the walls constantly calling me a SPIC.

Spook, every police department in South Florida has A David Duke in their ranks that is always lurking in the shadows trying to start some $hit against minorities. I can tell you that FLPD has plenty of everything among their ranks including women in high brass. So what you experience in Kissimmee is nowhere to be found here but, we do have our wasps here and there and some happen to be FTOs.

12-23-2007, 09:52 PM
My mommy says that I'm a cross between Austin Powers and Johnny English.

Oh, and I fear no beer!!! Beware the "Unicorn!"

I get my movie tickets at Fandango.

12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Why is it any time someone has something positive to say about the FLPD, they're described as kool aid drinkers? Are you trying to say that no one in the PD is happy? No one's ever been happy? Grow up you jerk. Better yet, go ahead w/your "chip on the shoulder" attitude Foledale- that'll get you far in life.

And an all white police force??? That is such utter nonsense I can't believe you'd actually say something as asinine as that. If it's that bad for you, there's exit doors on three sides of the building. Just leave your stuff in a bag at one of them and I'm sure one of the maintenance staff will gladly pick it up. Won't take you long in South Florida to find a lawyer to take your case for discrimination. Idiot.

Spook
12-24-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm not one of those clowns that pulls the race card for anything. I could have sued that agency along with many others that won settlements. But, there were many good cops in the department that didn't deserve to have raises, training money and equipment taken from them just so I could go go around being the Al Sharpton of latinos, screw that!

Its always the boys/girls in blue that take the hit from those lawsuits. I was only 25 at the time and it was first LEO job. I'm a ALOT more experienced, wiser & tactically squared away this time around to put up with the same crap.

As far as FLPD goes, I re-iterate, I've never worked there. But, I'm a very optimistic person and I think the department will be OK. What makes or breaks an agency is its people. Thats you guys/gals. The way you win is to go out there and kick butt every day, treat every "good, hard working citizen" the way you'd like to be treated. Show city hall why you really wear that badge of honor and courage. Citizens that care do "observe and listen" and some, actually a shit load, attend city commission meetings. Be the professionals you truly know you are, represent your badge with pride and you will triumph in the end.

Trust me! Just protect & serve honorably and the rest will take care of itself. In the mean time, give Thanks to the Lord for having a good civil service job this Christmas with a good pension, health benefits for the family and if you're the kind of cops I think you really are; give Thanks for getting paid "not too bad" for doing what you really love. Stop bickering and calling each other names and take care of each other and have some fun for God's sake. This has been a rough year for Law enforcement across the nation. We've lost alot of cops in the line of duty. FLPD rules and will rulew even bigger in 2008. I promise you!

Stay Safe Brothers & Sisters and Have a Merry Christmas.

12-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Geez you better be careful what you say or you'll be branded a kool aid drinker before you even get hired.

Oh and by the way, I'm a minority too (no, I won't tell you which minority) and NO ONE has ever held it against me in my career. I've never even heard another FLPD officer ever utter a negative racial or ethnic comment.

12-24-2007, 04:09 AM
OK boys and girls, free koolaid at Barak’s house.

Special guests of honor:
George Gretsas
Chief Roberts

Halftime Show:
When the wind blows performs; We are the world, Let’s hear it for the boys and I’m too sexy.

Don’t forget your pom-poms when we gather to sing Kumbaya.

12-24-2007, 12:03 PM
you just proved his point numbnut

12-27-2007, 01:26 PM
If you've never made an arrest you'll fit right in we are just sitting out there in our cars taking the delayed crime reports.

12-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Spook you're full of sh!t. Sometime around 1997 you were treated poorly at Kissimmee so you left without finishing probation. You were probably hypersensitive with a chip on your shoulder. Kissimmee has a huge diverse group of people in its city and predjudice is almost non-existant. I know cops from there from your timeframe. Thin skin is a liability in this job, maybe you're not cut out for it.
Anyway, so now you're around 25 and you head down to Dade, where you're a wonderboy released early yet you don't finish probation there either. Hmm.
Your claim to being a local cop just like us is bullsh!t; where in your stupendous list of achievements have you taken a cop job and held it? Fed work doesn't count. Most of us with buku time on have had extensive interaction with Feds and don't hold them as equals much less higher regard. Bookkeepers with badges and washed out real cops.
The Feds need a Hispanic so they hire you. After washing out of two cop jobs the Feds take you, and give you a million dollars worth of training. Figuring it took you three years to get settlled into your Fed job after the start of your saga in 1997, its now 2000. Your a Fed and in addition to you duties, which apparently include picking a scary screen name "take a close look at my screen name and that should give you an idea of what I do for "BIG DARK UNCLE"." and neutralizing bad ass tangos in sh!tholes. While all that looking at the elephant stuff was going on you had time for
extensive training as a hostage negotiator, intelligence officer, interrogator, etc., the government saw fit to pay, in addition to your salary, an additional $391.38 per day, every day, for your supersleuth training. Now you're bailing on them too. Since then, you've been turned down by Pembroke Pines and Hollywood. So far, your extremely sh!tty and over-inflated work history has been the fault of everyone but you. Why in the hell would we want a thinskinned un-dependable lying ex-Fed in our ranks? You are truly deluded! And so is anyone who supports your coming aboard! We have our own problems, you are a complete nightmare. Apply elsewhere Shadow-Warrior.
And for "and the wind blows"; "fo-laledale" is just telling the truth "everyone here is jumping ship and with your indecisive mindset of looking for the perfect agency, I doubt that you will find a cozy home here buddy. The average gun swinger here stays for two years and then split, that you should tell you all about the current conditions here at FLPD."
"and the wind blows", If you feel the need to lie and paint a rosy picture of this place it's you that's deluded; open your eyes, talk to your
co-workers, and you'll see "fo-laledale" is right. Also, people like you always have the same response; "if you don't like it leave". Many of your co-workers have too much time invested to pick up and leave; they're stuck with riding the sinking ship, bailing, and hoping for the best. Don't expect them to do it with a smile on their face.
Are you Barak with a new screen name?

12-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Spook you're full of sh!t. Sometime around 1997 you were treated poorly at Kissimmee so you left without finishing probation. You were probably hypersensitive with a chip on your shoulder. Kissimmee has a huge diverse group of people in its city and predjudice is almost non-existant. I know cops from there from your timeframe. Thin skin is a liability in this job, maybe you're not cut out for it.
Anyway, so now you're around 25 and you head down to Dade, where you're a wonderboy released early yet you don't finish probation there either. Hmm.
Your claim to being a local cop just like us is bullsh!t; where in your stupendous list of achievements have you taken a cop job and held it? Fed work doesn't count. Most of us with buku time on have had extensive interaction with Feds and don't hold them as equals much less higher regard. Bookkeepers with badges and washed out real cops.
The Feds need a Hispanic so they hire you. After washing out of two cop jobs the Feds take you, and give you a million dollars worth of training. Figuring it took you three years to get settlled into your Fed job after the start of your saga in 1997, its now 2000. Your a Fed and in addition to you duties, which apparently include picking a scary screen name "take a close look at my screen name and that should give you an idea of what I do for "BIG DARK UNCLE"." and neutralizing bad ass tangos in sh!tholes. While all that looking at the elephant stuff was going on you had time for
extensive training as a hostage negotiator, intelligence officer, interrogator, etc., the government saw fit to pay, in addition to your salary, an additional $391.38 per day, every day, for your supersleuth training. Now you're bailing on them too. Since then, you've been turned down by Pembroke Pines and Hollywood. So far, your extremely sh!tty and over-inflated work history has been the fault of everyone but you. Why in the hell would we want a thinskinned un-dependable lying ex-Fed in our ranks? You are truly deluded! And so is anyone who supports your coming aboard! We have our own problems, you are a complete nightmare. Apply elsewhere Shadow-Warrior.
And for "and the wind blows"; "fo-laledale" is just telling the truth "everyone here is jumping ship and with your indecisive mindset of looking for the perfect agency, I doubt that you will find a cozy home here buddy. The average gun swinger here stays for two years and then split, that you should tell you all about the current conditions here at FLPD."
"and the wind blows", If you feel the need to lie and paint a rosy picture of this place it's you that's deluded; open your eyes, talk to your
co-workers, and you'll see "fo-laledale" is right. Also, people like you always have the same response; "if you don't like it leave". Many of your co-workers have too much time invested to pick up and leave; they're stuck with riding the sinking ship, bailing, and hoping for the best. Don't expect them to do it with a smile on their face.

Owned.

12-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Owned.

OUCH....That's HARD CORE owned right there.

12-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Guest3 that was truly awesome. You should write for The New Yorker....except that no one at The New Yorker has an anus.

12-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Hey, I wrote for the New Yorker, but got fired once they found out I attended Brown University.

As for the Fed.....
Stop craming my mail in the mailbox. You bent my sports illustrated swim suit issue last time.

And to Barak, we all know it's you. Don't bother changing your screen name cause the deep smell of crap gives you away every time.

12-28-2007, 10:08 PM
You didn't actually graduate from Brown. And, while we're on the subject, I'm still mad about the wheelchair sex scene.

Spook
12-29-2007, 12:15 AM
Listen Mr Guess3! I've never been disrespected any officer on this board! I left my second agency because it sucked! I left instead of poisoning the rest of the officers with the same crap you speak in here. As far as Kissimmee PD, you don't have the slightest clue what the place was like. Stop acting like an a--hole. If this is the way you talk to other LEo's regardless where we're from you deserve a batch. I was a an INTEL officer serving my country and dodging more bullets than you could possibly fathom you big mouth. I'm leaving to care for my sick father, read all my posts before posting your garbage here. You don't know anymore about KPD than I know about about any problems in your agency.

At least have the balls like I did at my second agency and leave if you don't like it. You're going to get an ulcer or a stroke before retirement.

12-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Listen Mr Guess3! I've never been disrespected any officer on this board! I left my second agency because it sucked! I left instead of poisoning the rest of the officers with the same crap you speak in here. As far as Kissimmee PD, you don't have the slightest clue what the place was like. Stop acting like an a--hole. If this is the way you talk to other LEo's regardless where we're from you deserve a batch. I was a an INTEL officer serving my country and dodging more bullets than you could possibly fathom you big mouth. I'm leaving to care for my sick father, read all my posts before posting your garbage here. You don't know anymore about KPD than I know about about any problems in your agency.

At least have the balls like I did at my second agency and leave if you don't like it. You're going to get an ulcer or a stroke before retirement.
Thanks for the medical advise; I guess they fit medical training in with your multitude of other ninja-like training schedules. I'll be ok. I did read your posts, and that's how I know you're full of sh!t. Also, as I pointed out, you're not a LEO, you're a wannabe. This board is full of them. And instead of terming it your "second agency", you could just say your only agency (outside of Feds, which I pointed out doesn't count). You quit one, quit another one, and were turned down by two more. Explain again why anyone would want you?

Spook
12-29-2007, 01:21 AM
LMAO! Yeah you're right Guess 3, I'm just a wannabe. I mean after all, I guess you have the balls to be smuggled in as an illegal alien in a train and in the bed of a pick up truck through Central America by coyotes with a GPS capsule in you ass risking being made by Mexican coyotes that kill just for fun. Or to operate in the jungles of Colombia with DEA and Army Special Forces to eradicate coke labs along the Magdalena River region so that less of the garbage makes it to your streets in Ft Laud and many other cities and risk being macheted to pieces if you get caught and Big Uncle denying your presence there.

I guess you have the balls to operate with an 8 man fire team in the mountains of Afganistan with little back up other than your SOFLAM to paint targets for F-18 pilots or kicking doors in the red zone of Iraq like Sunni dominated Falludjah. Lets not mention the shit load of undercover drug deals, weapon smuggling deals, etc, etc. I know guys like you, you run your mouth all day long when you have the troops with you and when you're alone, you treat scumm bags with so much respect and love! Yeap I'm a wannabe! Just remember this wanabe may be your only back up one day! and you know what I think I'm a damn good one because I don't bail out on my people.

Grow up dude! For crying out loud behave like the professional LEO I still would like to believe you are. I'm not your problem, so take all your anger and go tell all your shit to George Gretzas or whatever his damn name is at city hall. I have no idea how bad things are at FLPD. But I do know this, I'm amost 40 years old man and I can remember the time when FLPD was the place to be and known to have the best cops in Florida and your behavior is not the way to bring FLPD back! Guess 3, Be safe and have a prosperous New Year! I hope you get a great contract.

"The Wannabe"

12-29-2007, 03:39 AM
LMAO! Yeah you're right Guess 3, I'm just a wannabe. I mean after all, I guess you have the balls to be smuggled in as an illegal alien in a train and in the bed of a pick up truck through Central America by coyotes with a GPS capsule in you ass risking being made by Mexican coyotes that kill just for fun. Or to operate in the jungles of Colombia with DEA and Army Special Forces to eradicate coke labs along the Magdalena River region so that less of the garbage makes it to your streets in Ft Laud and many other cities and risk being macheted to pieces if you get caught and Big Uncle denying your presence there.

I guess you have the balls to operate with an 8 man fire team in the mountains of Afganistan with little back up other than your SOFLAM to paint targets for F-18 pilots or kicking doors in the red zone of Iraq like Sunni dominated Falludjah. Lets not mention the shizzat load of undercover drug deals, weapon smuggling deals, etc, etc. I know guys like you, you run your mouth all day long when you have the troops with you and when you're alone, you treat scumm bags with so much respect and love! Yeap I'm a wannabe! Just remember this wanabe may be your only back up one day! and you know what I think I'm a darn good one because I don't bail out on my people.

Grow up dude! For crying out loud behave like the professional LEO I still would like to believe you are. I'm not your problem, so take all your anger and go tell all your shizzat to George Gretzas or whatever his darn name is at city hall. I have no idea how bad things are at FLPD. But I do know this, I'm amost 40 years old man and I can remember the time when FLPD was the place to be and known to have the best cops in Florida and your behavior is not the way to bring FLPD back! Guess 3, Be safe and have a prosperous New Year! I hope you get a great contract.

"The Wannabe"

Yeah, I think I read that book. You say you don't bail out on people; you bailed on three agencies, and were turned down for two. What are you talking about? I'm supposed to depend on you to have my back?
I don't want to get into specifics. but I've been up to my ears in shit with my life and others on the line and am highly respected in my profession, in this department and others. Leave it at that I don't need to lay out my resume. I don't know you from Adam, but if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. You present yourself as a self promoting wanabee (that may sting but its very true) you have a shit track record, and drone on about supposed clandestine operations that have got nothing to do with being a local street cop (which once again you are not and never have been) and I for one dont want to work with you. Don't trust you, don't trust your story, don't need a Fed (if you are one) anywhere near where real police work takes place. That's the voice of experience. Others may chime in for or against, but that is the unvarnished opinion of a real street cop speaking from experience.

12-29-2007, 04:26 AM
Well I guess this million-dollar man is not getting any sympathy from us. However, there’s still hope, but I doubt that even if he gets picked up he’ll last here. I mean we don’t ride jet skis or wear lieutenant dongle shorts. We don’t look like pochellero or have testarossa take homes.

Here at FLPD we do real police work. We NTA bums and sent crackheads home. We write tint tickets and give dui drivers bubble gum with snickers. If you want to be a Hollywood cop, go to Hollywood.

12-29-2007, 06:27 AM

I guess you have the balls to operate with an 8 man fire team in the mountains of Afganistan with little back up other than your SOFLAM to paint targets for F-18 pilots or kicking doors in the red zone of Iraq like Sunni dominated Falludjah. Lets not mention the shizzat load of undercover drug deals, weapon smuggling deals, etc, etc. I know guys like you, you run your mouth all day long when you have the troops with you and when you're alone, you treat scumm bags with so much respect and love! Yeap I'm a wannabe! Just remember this wanabe may be your only back up one day! and you know what I think I'm a darn good one because I don't bail out on my people.

Grow up dude! For crying out loud behave like the professional LEO I still would like to believe you are. I'm not your problem, so take all your anger and go tell all your shizzat to George Gretzas or whatever his darn name is at city hall. I have no idea how bad things are at FLPD. But I do know this, I'm amost 40 years old man and I can remember the time when FLPD was the place to be and known to have the best cops in Florida and your behavior is not the way to bring FLPD back! Guess 3, Be safe and have a prosperous New Year! I hope you get a great contract.

"The Wannabe"

For all you know you could be arguing with your background investigators or people from your future oral board on here. Your making a stupid move by posting your resume in an argument against some anonymous person. I have a hard time believing any person who truly did any of the above listed stuff would actually post it on a public site. Anyway, that being said you could have shot yourself in the foot by mouthing off to the wrong anonymous person.

If you truly are 40 years old and have done half the things you say you have, then you would have had the sense to call a recruiter or the backgrounds division of the FLPD. You of all people should know that you never know who you're talking too.

I personally think you read to many Tom Clancy books and still play with GI Joes, often putting them in compromising positions.

Copper
12-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I've always found...in sports, and in the professional world...the person who TALKS about his own accomplishments and how good he is at something, is usually the person who sucks the most; the guy who keeps his mouth shut and SHOWS you how good they are, usually are actually good.

It may hurt to hear, but you honestly sound like a 15 year old trying to impress a girl online in hopes of getting an invite to view her private Myspace page.

12-29-2007, 06:47 PM
This just in... No one cares. And new at eleven, handsome man in pleasing baritone provides contract news. Or will he....?

12-29-2007, 07:17 PM
IT'S GON' RAIN!!!!!!

12-29-2007, 07:28 PM
This just in... No one cares. And new at eleven, handsome man in pleasing baritone provides contract news. Or will he....?

contract news? Shhh... now that's a secret.

Spook
12-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Let me make something very clear, I never came in here bragging about anything, as a matter of fact, those that really know me know that I'm a low key guy, especially about my job. I came in here hoping to get some advice from fellow officers and before I know it, without provocation some guy insults me for asking a simple question. Some courteous and profesisonal offciers responded, my thanks to them.

Then, all of the sudden the "LETS BEAT ON THE FED SO WE CAN FEEL GOOD" comittee comes in and I thought law enforcement was a family. Obviously, that appears not be the case anymore. I will remind those of you that want a good contract so badly: CITIZENS READ THESE BOARDS! So do good applicants. I guess you think that the way you've treated another LEO just for asking for some guidance is really supposed to attract any applicant that may be reading this board. I'm a good street cop! I've never abused my power, have always been a good back up and have always been there for any brother /sister that has needed me on or off duty. I don't need to brag to fellow officers, thats I came in here so I can ask questions and shoot the shit about things I can't share with civilians.

What a shame! I've always had such a great perception of your agency and its officers.

12-29-2007, 10:30 PM
If you're a good street cop but left your 1st agency before completing FTO and the second before completing probation, how much time as a street cop does that actually give you solo? 3 months, 6 months, what?

You see we are pretty fine officers here, and it's our ability to see through bs that makes us such. If it takes the average rookie 3-5 years to learn the job effectively and be a good cop. How did you become a good cop in 1/10 of the time?

Anyway, as you said anyone can post on here, so you don't even know who your talking to. Some of these people may not even be cops. Some may be cops but not work at FLPD. Some just may want to give you a hard time because it's the thing to do right now. As I said before, if you want answers call backgrounds or a recruiter. Stop arguing with people on here because you don't know who you're arguing with, and if you are tangling with someone from backgrounds, my guess is by the amount of information you've given up about yourself on a public site, the investigator will remember it. That's not good.

Keep in mind not everyone from FLPD posts on here, so it's hardly a representation of the officers. Although I have to admit that there are some people on here that make a good point, others are just angry.

I don't think anyone with a valid argument is beating on "The FED," they are just poking holes in the BS. You know like any good street cop would.

12-30-2007, 03:48 AM
U think all this bull on these pages is going to help ur cause. Get a clue dude. Give it up. U dont think someone in recruiting is reading.

12-30-2007, 07:20 AM
Your original question: "Can I get hired by Ft Lauderdale PD?"
Answer: We don't know ask Recruiting.

Thats it. No Deflating your stories or attacking you personally. Call Recruiting and stop tying up this post with nonsense we can't honestly answer. Although it was amusing verbally dueling with you in the end it's a waste of time. I should be reading or doing something productive. So stop bothering us and make the phone call.

12-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey Spook pick up an application from us online Hallandalebeachfl.gov. We have expanded our staffing and have 14 openings, we do laterals, takehome cars, and lots of police work. We have FLPD guys in our process already. FLPD is a great department but unlike them our City Manager and Commisssion like us and treat us with respect. Ps to FLPD if things get worse you can find a home right down the road we would love to have you guys you are the best.

12-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Let me make something very clear
Yes, you are bonafied looser dude! You also talk a lot of smack. Stop wasting bandwith in this forum we know what you do, mall security.

12-30-2007, 09:36 PM
This message is for Spook!

Do I know you? Are you perhaps someone that I know that knows of my application at FLPD? DID MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PUT YOU UP TO IT? Are you initials DF? If she did, you better stop or you're going to find yourself in a world of legal trouble. Just my advice!

I've been reading this forum now for several weeks and can't help but to feel for the FLPD guys. As far as you Spook! If you're not who I suspect you are, do me favor and DON'T APPLY at FLPD because I'm a FED and I already applied to FLPD and the last the thing I need is to be confused with you! Your "presumed resume" (with the exception of your work history) sounds alot like mine. You see I'm a Special Operations Officer/Spook for the G and just talking about what I do or my OPS would get me 10 years in prison.

Or did you forget about your "confidentiality agreement" that you signed over to your clearance handler. Either way, I better not get confused with you at FLPD or I will not be happy.

Spook
12-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Listen Guess!

I'm not trying to piss off anybody and I know about my confidential agreement that I signed for my TS SCI clearance.

Sandman1
12-30-2007, 10:06 PM
First of all you idiot!

It is a "confidentiality agreement". Second ther's no such thing as a TS SCI. We are given a TS with access to SCI which essentially means you get a TOP SECRET clearance with access to "Special Compartmented Information" (SCI).

DF! If this is you, stop posting on this board you. You're a hydrocephalic moron and you're exhausting my patience. Alot of good men have died, (some friends of mine) doing the shit you claim to have done and I'm taking it personal!

I don't want to see another post from you on this board. NOT ONE MORE! TAKE THIS ADVICE, TRUST ME! These cops don't have the time or patience for your crap. They have enough issues to deal with in trying to maintain unit cohesiveness and bring back what was once a great department you asshole! GET OFF THESE BOARDS, LAST WARNING!

Sandman1
12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh yes Spook or should I say DF! One omore thing! That last post was mine you dip shit!
My new screen name is Sandman1, I just want you to know who I am because I know you know my nick name. AGAIN STOP THE POSTS MORON!