PDA

View Full Version : Check out this post from the Dispatcher's thread...

12-19-2007, 02:48 AM
I believe that dispatchers should be given the option to be trained and certified to carry handguns, at least while working. This is a major concern for most dispatchers and as a dispatcher for over 7 years, I think I can safely speak for most of us. Allowing us to work armed would not only empower us as women but would allow us to assist if our police stations were ever attacked by terrorists. Further the Dispatch Supervisors could be issued long-guns and we could check our firearms in and out before each shift. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.

12-19-2007, 02:57 AM
I believe that dispatchers should be given the option to be trained and certified to carry handguns, at least while working. This is a major concern for most dispatchers and as a dispatcher for over 7 years, I think I can safely speak for most of us. Allowing us to work armed would not only empower us as women but would allow us to assist if our police stations were ever attacked by terrorists. Further the Dispatch Supervisors could be issued long-guns and we could check our firearms in and out before each shift. IT ONLY MAKES SENSE.

That's scary on so many levels I'm not even gonna start.

12-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Ahh yeah!!!! Even season police officers don’t have the training to engage a full blown terrorist attack but a 300 pound dispatcher with Xbox experience will surely handle Osama’s boys.

12-19-2007, 11:33 AM
This troll is posting this dispatcher thread in every forum. Who cares what they write. We all have a job to do. Grow up, this isn't high school anymore.

12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
This troll is posting this dispatcher thread in every forum. Who cares what they write. We all have a job to do. Grow up, this isn't high school anymore.

It's a high school mentality here... did you hear that so and so is doing so and so? and so and so is leaving. and so and so is on a performance plan. blah ... blah... blah... blah

blah

Copper
12-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Is that post stupid? Yes

Do I care at all? No