PDA

View Full Version : Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office

12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I recently read a news paper article that Okeechobee County Sheriff Paul May wants to be reelected. Are you kidding me he says he wants to be tough on drug dealers. His town is spray painted from one end to the other by none other than drug selling gang members. The funny thing is in this same paper his Gang Detective has his picture in the paper for none other than a civic organization, no gang arrests to speak of for this Detective. The tough Sheriff may need to be a little tougher on his employees that need to be out arresting the gang member responsible for the spray painting. Sheriff May is a politician as is his under sheriff. Okeechobee needs real cops running the Department. Dale La Flam is the best choice for Sheriff in Okeechobee.

12-19-2007, 01:29 AM
I recently read a news paper article that Okeechobee County Sheriff Paul May wants to be reelected. Are you kidding me he says he wants to be tough on drug dealers. His town is spray painted from one end to the other by none other than drug selling gang members. The funny thing is in this same paper his Gang Detective has his picture in the paper for none other than a civic organization, no gang arrests to speak of for this Detective. The tough Sheriff may need to be a little tougher on his employees that need to be out arresting the gang member responsible for the spray painting. Sheriff May is a politician as is his under sheriff. Okeechobee needs real cops running the Department. Dale La Flam is the best choice for Sheriff in Okeechobee.

What does this have to do with highlands county.

12-20-2007, 12:55 AM
I couldnt agree more. I know, you have to post on a different site because there is no forum for Okeechobee. if there were, Im sure people would have plenty to say.. I agree, enough with the gangs and the drug dealers, and the NEPOTISM!!!! Get some administration in there that can run a Sheriffs Office, not someone who is related.... Its gone on long enough, and the people in Okeechobee dont have a clue! BTW.. I havent heard of any possible candidates that may be running for this term besides May.. have you?

Sorry Highlands for using your forum....

12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Dale La Flam use to work for Highlands did he not? what do you guys at Highlands know about him? would he be a good sheriff?

12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
:shock: Dale LaFlam! Come on there are going to be some surprises coming very soon for Sheriff's Election in Okeechobee. Just set back, wait and watch... What happen to one term and turning the wheel over to the Spanky, I guess they are not sure he can get elected.

12-22-2007, 04:35 AM
:idea: What if Spanky ran against the high Sheriff? Let me answer that myself, he must get off the golf course first . There has to be someone out there that is concerned with the well-being of the community and not just certain folks in our great county. I heard a rumor that no-one got a raise but the executive sheriff of the administration, now this is just a rumor I heard. There is no way he could justify a $7000.00 dollar raise for her.. Maybe EAM could come back and clean house. Does anyone know if the captain of the road patrol even lives in the county? If he lives out of the county does he pay mileage for driving out of the county like the rest of the deputies? In the past you got promoted based on your golf score and your abililty to bar b-q. Less not forget if your a captain you can get time off for drivng while intoxicated and not be fired but many citizen of the community are arrested every week dui but he just got two weeks offs but years ago he was fired by the only sheriff okeechobee ever had for being unable to write a report relating to homicide years ago. So I guess I will not even waste my vote if those are our selection. Just give PM four more years and then just see what the spankster has because I would be willing to bet that there several individuals waiting to get in that race. So everyone just vote for PM and have four more years of nothing except bar b-qing and hunting trips to madison or is that a vacation? PS hows the poker games going?????

12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Come on now she works hard for her money her know she has to do her job the Sheriff's job and captain opps no the Jail Administrators job Heck give her a take home car too

12-23-2007, 06:17 PM
She received a $7000.00 pay increase and does not barbeque someone must be getting a hole in one then

12-24-2007, 12:59 AM
We have enough drama even though some of your's could be confused with HCSO. We don't need Okeechobee's. :?
Go to http:// forums.leoaffairs.com :wink:
Third blue topic down tells you how to add your agency. :!:
Good luck as it sounds to mirror image ours in more ways than one! :oops:

12-24-2007, 02:33 AM
There is way to much drama here...

Let he...or she that lives in the glass house, cast the first stone. I personally don't think any of us are perfect, and I'm sure it would be just as easy to drag each of us through the mud as well.

Use this forum for a positive means...officer safety, helpful tips, positive re-enforcement, or just a simple "thanks"

12-25-2007, 02:09 AM
:shock: Dale LaFlam! Come on there are going to be some surprises coming very soon for Sheriff's Election in Okeechobee. Just set back, wait and watch... What happen to one term and turning the wheel over to the Spanky, I guess they are not sure he can get elected.

I heard Donnie Yates is running for sheriff. He want get many votes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait a minute. You mean the same guy who can't get along with his own family.

12-25-2007, 02:15 AM

I heard Donnie Yates is running for sheriff. He want get many votes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait a minute. You mean the same guy who can't get along with his own family.

This is true. I hate to admit I'm related to him.

12-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Personally, I always thought that Joe Hazelleif would have been a great Sheriff. He knows that department in and out, and he doesnt have any family ties that hes trying to shove down anyones throat. I think he was a good Major, and he would be a great Sheriff. I met him a few times, and liked what he had to say when he was running. Thats just my opinion. I really havent heard of anyone else who may run. If DY runs : God help us!!! :D

12-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Here we go. If your going to post someones full name atleast be man enough to post yours you F*&^ing coward.

DY would probalby do a better job than the current sheriff. Maybe that's why everyone from Okeechobee is applying at Seminole.

12-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Here we go. If your going to post someones full name atleast be man enough to post yours you F*&^ing coward.

DY would probalby do a better job than the current sheriff. Maybe that's why everyone from Okeechobee is applying at Seminole.

oh no, feels like soneone hit a nerve here. I currently work at okcso and I can personally tell you it's not because of DY. It's called denero $$$$ providing for families, paying bills, and having something left over to spend now and then. DY is alright at times, but can fool you as well. To the six people who left our agency to go out and make better money, I tip my hat to all of you and your still in our family here. Good luck to you all.

12-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Well, I guess we all know who Guest 69 is.. if that doesnt give it away, I dont know what does...

OKCSO makes a very good point, people go out there so that they can afford their mortgage, and pay their bills, I dont think it has anything to do with the benefits of who the boss is...

12-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I have spoken to a couple of the officers who left OCSO for Seminole. The perception they gave was that it was an eye opening experience for them as they found that some are still family up there and some who acted like family could really care less. They said they really found out who they true friends and Family really are. I think they are probably a lot better off knowing the truth now. I know they are enjoying the pay checks.

12-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey, here is a thought if the HIGH SHERIFF would take the same approach with his men and women who put their lives on the line as he does with his secretary. With the $7000.00 pay increase she makes as much as a Certified Law Enforcement Captain with this agency, he would not be loosing his senior officers to higher paying job. The surrounding counties are all higher paying jobs but his secretary makes the same as the secretaries of the same surrounding counties, WOW, oh that’s right it is the old double standard it is alive and well here at OCSO. Yes I am a current deputy with OCSO, I see it everyday.

01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey, here is a thought if the HIGH SHERIFF would take the same approach with his men and women who put their lives on the line as he does with his secretary. With the $7000.00 pay increase she makes as much as a Certified Law Enforcement Captain with this agency, he would not be loosing his senior officers to higher paying job. The surrounding counties are all higher paying jobs but his secretary makes the same as the secretaries of the same surrounding counties, WOW, oh that’s right it is the old double standard it is alive and well here at OCSO. Yes I am a current deputy with OCSO, I see it everyday.

The secretaries probably have more life insurance than those putting themselves in harms way 12 hours a day, 14 days a months and 168 days a year without overtime or details included. THE OFFICERS IS WHAT MAKES THE DEPARTMENT NOT THE SECRETARIES. The secretaries do work, but how many times are they in harms way??????????

What's going on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Sounds to me like you need a new name on the front door of the Sheriff’s Office Door. One that will put the needs of his men above the one who helps him shuffle papers on a daily basis. Take note of how this man treats the men and women on the front lines. His track record speaks for it’s self, last year he took 2 percent from you to give to who, the secretaries. This year he gave his secretary her $7000.00 raise. But you did get your “bonus” raise. It is time to elect a man that can be loyal to his men especially when he is peaching loyalty. Remember this at election time

I Say 2 You OCSO
01-02-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure if a new sheriff would be better. I'd have to see what the choices are. But I do know the working people (Deputies) not the one sitting and playing with papers, need someone to fight for them. They are the one the public see the most. With the shortage we know new employees are not beating the door down with the LOW pay and poor morale.:roll: Deputies band together and fight for eachother and your future. Noone will if you fight for you if each don't fight for yourself. LOOK AT the Pass. "Just give him chance" three years later and who has the money? His sec.'s, who would of seen that coming to him and the spankster they are the only ones that count.

01-03-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure if a new sheriff would be better. I'd have to see what the choices are. But I do know the working people (Deputies) not the one sitting and playing with papers, need someone to fight for them. They are the one the public see the most. With the shortage we know new employees are not beating the door down with the LOW pay and poor morale.:roll: Deputies band together and fight for eachother and your future. Noone will if you fight for you if each don't fight for yourself. LOOK AT the Pass. "Just give him chance" three years later and who has the money? His sec.'s, who would of seen that coming to him and the spankster they are the only ones that count.

COME ON OKEECHOBEE COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, QUIT GIVING YOURSELF RAISES WHEN THE DEPUTIES NEED IT. THEY PUT THEMSELFS ON THE LINE FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT THEY DON'T GET APPRECIATED OR RECOGNIZED ENOUGH FOR IT. A NICE PAY INCREASE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

01-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Not only do you need to look at the head paperpusher for her raise, a close check needs to be made of all the paperpushers. One retires and the replacement to her recieved a 5000.00 a year raise. Is that job not able to be done at the pay rate it of the replacement or was it just another way to make sure the secretaries make more the the certified front line workers. The only way a deputy can get a raise close to that is make a first step supervisor (Corporal) after that from Lt. to Capt. it is only 500 to 1800 a year raise. Unless the the undersheriff or higher. It would be best for any deputy that needs to money to support their family, is to take an non-certified job with the OCSO. In the long run that deputy would get the most raises and make better money without having to risk their life, and for what a Sheriff and UnderSheriff that don't care. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, WE NEED MONEY AND A WAY TO GET GOOD HELP FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THA ARE LEAVING AND/OR WILL BE LEAVING. IF THE PUBLIC ONLY KNEW WHAT TROUBLE THE OCSO IS IN AND WILL BE IN SHORTLY.

Pist Off
01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
People complain about the gangs and drugs in Okeechobee but perhaps if we had more than 5 Deputies on at a time so crap could get done. This angency will never staff the road untill they spend some money and hire more Deputies at a "Decent wage". As it stands we might as well be working at Winn-Dixie......we would have better insurance and be able to pay your morgages. I am sick of being broke and plan on leaving soon like everybody else. Wake up Okeechobee.

01-04-2008, 02:48 PM
People complain about the gangs and drugs in Okeechobee but perhaps if we had more than 5 Deputies on at a time so crap could get done. This angency will never staff the road untill they spend some money and hire more Deputies at a "Decent wage". As it stands we might as well be working at Winn-Dixie......we would have better insurance and be able to pay your morgages. I am sick of being broke and plan on leaving soon like everybody else. Wake up Okeechobee.

I agree, get out now, this county is 30 years behind the times. Glades County is now starting Deputies off higher the Okeechobee. But the Sheriff, Undersheriff, the under the under sheriff- we all know who that Lt. is, and his sectaries all make more than the same positions in Glades, wow wonder why that is?!?!?!?!

01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
http://www.newszapforums.com/forum58

I hear what you all are saying...

You all need to post some of these comments on the site that I listed above. It is read by alot of Okeechobee Citizens, and also by the Okee news, and I wouldnt be surprised if some of the comments didnt make it into the speak out section of the paper. Also, more of the Public Will read what you all have to say, and understand whats going on, and possibly help make some changes... Its worth a try...

I have posted on that site several times, and some of my comments were printed in the speak out of the paper.

Ills tart a new thread on that site, if anyone else wants to post, please do so.

01-05-2008, 12:47 AM
I hope the sheriff's secretary did not get a $7000.00 raise. How funny is it this person got a $7000.00 raise, espically since several cheaper insurance ideas were submitted to her,which were declined or never followed up on. OCSO pays hers and her husbands insurance so the $7000.00 raise she obtained was pure profit. Not like the raises one recieves as a D/S @ OCSO, in which you get a raise only to lose it due to an insurance hike, thanks. It is time OCSO selects someone to fight for them, it is time for OCSO to go "Union"!! Look at the fire department and the way the county takes care of them and the raises they get. The same county that pays the fire department is the same county that pays OCSO. Look after yourself and family and Vote yes for Union!! 8)

01-05-2008, 02:51 AM
Angry1 or anyone else at OCSO, get the pay rates from the county courthouse. Then have it posted in the newspaper. That is how it is done in our county and others to the west. They must release it under the Florida Sunshine Law. Does your agency have that much to hide. I feel like they may :lol: .... I think the public would like to known how the payscale matches up to other counties around. That may explain the serve they get or the lack of help your office has. Also how some maybe over paid.

01-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Deputies Beware,
As you know the election is fast approaching and as in years past the Administration wants to cover that they have taken care of their self’s and once again screwed the loyal Deputies.

They will threaten to discipline you if you are caught talking politics in public, unless you are helping King Paul by getting his name or picture in the newspaper. Speak out in the news has been closely governed by the administration in years past, however beware in your opinions here, because you are crazy if the do not think they are not watching you with every new post.

Let me tell you that we as deputies are thought of as pawns by the administration, first on the front lines, first to be sacrificed. The union is the only way we can protect our selves. I was one of the ones against the union last time, but when King Paul proved he is no different than any of the others before him, I stand fully behind the union coming in and protecting the people that protect King Paul and the others when they sleep at night.

01-06-2008, 05:20 AM
THEN LETS VOTE Dale La Flam FOR SHERIFF.

01-06-2008, 05:28 AM
:idea: What if Spanky ran against the high Sheriff? Let me answer that myself, he must get off the golf course first . There has to be someone out there that is concerned with the well-being of the community and not just certain folks in our great county. I heard a rumor that no-one got a raise but the executive sheriff of the administration, now this is just a rumor I heard. There is no way he could justify a $7000.00 dollar raise for her.. Maybe EAM could come back and clean house. Does anyone know if the captain of the road patrol even lives in the county? If he lives out of the county does he pay mileage for driving out of the county like the rest of the deputies? In the past you got promoted based on your golf score and your abililty to bar b-q. Less not forget if your a captain you can get time off for drivng while intoxicated and not be fired but many citizen of the community are arrested every week dui but he just got two weeks offs but years ago he was fired by the only sheriff okeechobee ever had for being unable to write a report relating to homicide years ago. So I guess I will not even waste my vote if those are our selection. Just give PM four more years and then just see what the spankster has because I would be willing to bet that there several individuals waiting to get in that race. So everyone just vote for PM and have four more years of nothing except bar b-qing and hunting trips to madison or is that a vacation? PS hows the poker games going?????

TALKING ABOUT RACE, WHY NOT VOTE FOR JAY SMITH FOR SHERIFF ?

01-06-2008, 01:46 PM
THEN LETS VOTE Dale La Flam FOR SHERIFF.

What is the difference between Dale LaFam and the Under Sheriff or Jail administrator. They will all be on the golf course together or at a bbq. Not worring about the little people working.They all just want is power and the money in their pockets. If they tell you different, we know how politics are. They tell you anything they think you want to hear.

01-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Has Dale LaFlam even announced that he will run? If they are all so tight, would he run against his buddy and risk losing, and therefore losing a great position with the Sheriff's office... I havent heard of anyone who may run, but someone needs to... I think its really really sad that people are really hesitiant to speak out because it sounds like the Administration at the Sheriffs Office uses peoples jobs against them... They are basically bullies, and nothing will change as long as "King Paul" and "Spanky" have anything to do with it, they look out for number one, and number one only.

01-07-2008, 01:54 AM
ghnghn

01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
who is spanky? I have been out of it for a while.

01-07-2008, 02:04 AM
who is spanky? I have been out of it for a while.

Okeechobee has lost a lot of good officers. I know of at least 7 of them went to Seminole Police Department. Losing great officers should warn the citizens of Okeechobee that somethings not right at the Okee County Sheriffs Dept. (Working hard and under paid, except the people who sit in the office making big money).

All salaries are public record, feel free to take time to look at them at the court house

01-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Na everyone can see it it is plane as day, Now in the words of the $7000.00 secretary, you should all be glad you have a job and that the Sheriff lets you work for him. It is a privilege for you to work for them, if you do not believe it wait for another memo from the Sheriff that is written by her uneducated self.

01-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Dear OCSO, you have your own message board now. USE IT.

01-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for letting us use your board until ours became available

01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for letting us use your board until ours became available

I CAN ONLY REMEMBER ONE THER SHERIFF THAT WAS WITH THE FHP. AND ONLY LASTED FOUR YEARS, AND HE ALSO ONLY TOOK CARE OF NUMBER ONE. NEXT TIME A COUNTY COMMISSIONER NEEDS A COP. CALL ANOTHER COMMISSIONER FOR IT, OR CALL CLAYTON W.

THE DEPUTIES OF THIS COUNTY NEED IT. THEY PUT THEMSELFS ON THE LINE FOR EVERYONE ELSE BUT THEY DON'T GET APPRECIATED OR RECOGNIZED ENOUGH FOR IT. A NICE PAY INCREASE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THE OCSO NEEDS TO BE PULLED BACK TOGETHER.