PDA

View Full Version : Campus Security Report

12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
http://usfweb2.usf.edu/univsvcweb/USF%20Report.hallcrestssystems_dec_07.pdf

Amazing how even they say we need to get paid more!

12-18-2007, 03:59 AM
OK, USF....THIS WAS THE EXPERT YOU HIRED TO DUE A ANALYSIS. HE HAS JUST STATED WHAT WE HAVE BEEN FIGHTING FOR ALL THESE YEARS....A COMPETETIVE SALARY....BALL IS IN YOUR COURT NOW, AFTER ALL HE IS YOUR HIRED EXPERT !!! DO THE RIGHT THING, LETS GET THIS OVER WITH.

2. Bring the University Police (UP) to full authorized strength and conduct a
study to determine the proper size of the department.
Hiring and retention of police personnel is an immediate and growing problem
brought about, in part, by a non-competitive compensation package.
Compensation should be increased to approach the compensation packages
offered by the Tampa Police Department (TPD) and the Hillsborough County
Sheriff?s Office (HCSO) and other surrounding police agencies. The
compensation package need not equal the other departments, however, it should
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
HALLCREST SYSTEMS: REVIEW FOR UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA
approach their levels and the Department should be assured that the University
is determined to keep police compensation competitive in subsequent contracts.
The hiring program should put a priority on recruiting qualified minorities. The
UP needs more persons of color as officers to better reflect the community that
they serve.
Currently, the Department is understaffed for the policing program they would like
to deliver to the university community. They have no surge capacity for special
events and critical incidents. Personnel are being exhausted by overtime
requirements.
The UP may embark on a grant-funded project to patrol an off-campus

12-18-2007, 05:56 AM
Wonderful report. Will the USF Admin. listen? I doubt it. Timing was typical, let's wait until classes are over, Oracle is not printing, and all the students are gone for break. Hopefully the story will still be hot topix when the students get back. I for one think the report hit our concerns dead on pretty well. Ms. Lovins, Ms. Frecker please read the report. It's not just the UP. An outside, paid consultant is saying what we've been saying for some time. It was your money not ours. Now let's see if it was money well spent. Will USF take the report's recommendations? :roll:

12-19-2007, 01:40 AM
A lot of this report sounds like the letter Longo sent Meningall in the first place. What a waste of money. Consolidating the departments may not be a bad idea, but adding another Executive to manage it?, sounds like more bureaucracy and wasted money to me.

12-19-2007, 05:21 AM
It is an excellent report, although I also question the timing of its release. In typical USF fashion, wait till most of the students and staff have left for the Holidays ... But

I would love to throw this report on the desk in front of Trudy, (I understand what your saying ) Sandy, and the rest of them who sit there and look down their noses at us as we beg for a decent wage package and watch our Department shrink.

I'm so proud to be a part of this Department, I'm proud because we have stood together and REFUSED 100%, each one of those EMBARRASSING offers that they have tried to give us. This report confirms everything that we have said, everything that they have refused to acknowledge. This is the report THEY PAID FOR. The report THEY WANTED.

Lets see what they do now.

[/u]

12-20-2007, 01:43 AM
That new Executive will need an assistant under him, a head secretary, and a secretary under her. By the time its all over with we could have funded half a police department. Why is another Executive position needed in this entire plan? why can't the Chief of Police to run all these agencies, and give him a bump in pay?

The first thing that came out was how we need to combine all these university agencies and make an executive to run them all. Did that come out a while ago or and was one of the first things to come out of this report? Or had the entire report been out and they were just keying in on that suggestion?

They seem to be wanting to act on the first part of the report, but not the rest of it. Where does Allied Barton fit into this released report on the part of suggesting them to be hired at all? Again was it in an earlier unpublished report? The final release of the report had to be a shock to the USF Admin. The las time we met with Fechter, she only talked about a portion of the report being released. It seems it was a major backfire.[/list]

12-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Trim the fat was a suggestion posted earlier, sounds like a good idea.

12-21-2007, 12:13 AM
From the St Pete Times

"USF administrators paid Hallcrest $13,000 for the assessment, said university spokesman Ken Gullette.
Gullette said the goal was to get an ?objective look? at USF?s security needs, in light of the controversial contract negotiations.

?During times like police contract negotiations, sometimes emotion comes into it,? Gullette said. ?So we wanted an independent view"

EMOTIONS KEN???? YOUR LINE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE PROCESS SEEMS TO BE CLOUDED BY FACTS

USF NEVER TOOK THE WORD OF THEIR OWN POLICE CHEIF WHO THEY HIRED!!!! HE SAID THE SAME THING THE REPORT SAID A YEAR AGO !!!!!!!

DO WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS ALL OVER AGAIN KEN?????!!!!!

USF, YOU LOVE TO SPEND MONEY ON STUDIES AND OTHER B.S WHEN THE ANSWER WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!

12-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Thank you USF for not listening to Chief Longo. As a result the entire community will soon learn of your negligence and failure to act on these issues and it is my hope that USF?s administration will have to answer to the media, students, faculty, and staff.

I?m of the opinion that the proverbial noose just got a little tighter around the USF administration?s neck. They can plead all they want but the jig is up. They can try to spin the report all they want but I don?t think it will even hint of working any longer. If USF even wants to save face they should act now, before the spring semester starts to avoid any more bad press on this lingering issue. But, on the other hand, part of me wants them to sit stagnant until the spring so all of this becomes fresh news to the incoming student, faculty, and staff of USF.

12-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Its a, Bad boy. You're a naughty boy. The USF community already knows that he is a bad boy, a naughty boy. I'm going to speak out for the rest of the USF community, who in the majority think that he is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.

12-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Haha, he's not Larry Craig in the Andros restrooms.

12-23-2007, 08:18 PM
http://www.tampabays10.com/images/docs/USF2.doc

Heres the Chiefs Memos to Menningall.

Looks like USF could have saved a few grand and just used his ideas. Look at the report and look at the Chiefs memos from over a year ago.

01-02-2008, 02:55 AM
I should have started a consulting firm, or I should have went with my great knowledge of sports and been a coach at the university level! Why did I stay in the police field, especially a university cop :(