PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this police department?

12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
How can all of you manage working at that police department. I think I'd shoot myself before I would deal with it. First lets start with the fact that at least half of the officers who work there seem to be very good officers who truly care about their job. I appreciate all that they do, it takes special people to make a difference. But then you have a few backward ass, racist, uneducated few who seem to want to do things in their old fashioned, outdated way. Wouldn't it be to everyone's advantage to learn how to be real men and talk to each other like humans, instead of backstabbing each other? Why are certain people trying to find any way to destroy the very place they work? Why would you intentionally go behind your fellow officers back and make accusations about them, spread foul lies about them, and try to knit pick and find any excuse to get them in trouble? This stuff has to end, or the department will lose all of the good officers they have. The chief needs to stand up and put his foot down and make changes. That is the only way that department will survive. Standing by idly while your employees try to destroy you is not helping anyone's situation.

12-18-2007, 02:44 AM
I agree 100%. While I appreciate the time of service some of the individuals posting on here have given to our city, it is time to move forward. Leave what happened in the past in the past. It can't be changed and it can't be fixed. We need to move ahead and get back to doing our jobs. If the few bad apples we have spent as much time doing police work as they spend trying to backstab and badmouth their co-workers, could you imagine what we as a department could get done??? But, you are correct it all starts with the Chief stepping up to the plate, putting his foot down and saying "You will not run my department into the ground". Stand up, take control, and lead this agency. If you cannot get these bad influences under control, then be a man about it and step aside and allow someone who can get them under control to take over. That person certainly doesn't work for our department, but maybe we can find someone who can fix this place if you won't. Chief, I'm calling you out... If you can get this place under control, focused and back to working as a TEAM, then stay. If not, do a favor for those of us who want to be here years down the road and simply bow out gracefully and allow someone else to take over. Quit trying to please everyone around you and get control. You say you love this city and the people in....here's you chance to prove it.

07-11-2008, 04:11 PM
People are KNITTING on the job??

08-01-2008, 03:09 AM
I worked ther years ago under Chief Eiland, what a great leader he not only was a boss but would help in a young Officers personal life if he was asked to be involved. Bob Howell was a serious no non scense (sp)boss, if he didnt agree with you, you had two choices change your mind or your job. Im not sure whats going on now, I have met the Chief and he seems ok to me, but thats not the same as working for him. Wish you all the best. Joe keep your head up.

08-01-2008, 03:37 PM
The chief needs to stand up and put his foot down and make changes. That is the only way that department will survive. Standing by idly while your employees try to destroy you is not helping anyone's situation.

He is the reason the department is the way it is the moral is so low because of him.....
If you really listen to the talk it boils down to a few and the main one is the chief... the officers really dont want him destroyed they just want him gone

08-01-2008, 05:32 PM
The Chief is part of the problem.....yes. But how can you fault someone for making a decision whether good or bad when the two people who are supposed to be on his side are constantly back stabbing him and everyone else in the department? NOBODY can make a good decision if they aren't given good information to make that decison. Plain and simple. Hey, by the way any media personnel reading this.....Why don't you request a copy of the survey recently done by the officers and take a look at the comments to see where the officers believe the problem actually lies. May be suprised what you find. By the way Clem...how's Tennessee????? Been to Kroger lately???? Remember we don't have that grocery store here. They only come as south as north Georgia. :roll:

08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Clem is more than one person havnt you figured that out.... I dont know how it is up there but I will tell you I would love to know but first things first is to clean up down here. Listen cry baby people get stabbed in the back all the time I'm sure you know how it goes youve done it many of times, while the media is getting copies why dont they get copies and info about the damage on chefys car and nothing was done about it, the info about the officers who lied on their application and were still hired and no longer work there because they shouldnt have been hired in the first place, how bout the copy of the letter saying not to hire the officer who talked about how huge his member was to an explorer and got fired from the school board for the same kind of talk before he was hired on at ZPD, the illegal search and seizures, about the restraining order one officer got against the other because he threatened to shoot himself and the officer and was put on light duty because chefy felt sorry for him (its public record) or maybe they should look into the reason an officer was fired not because of job performance but because so many of you cry babys couldnt handle working with a guy who was not into women..... so go stick up for someone who deserves it and spew your ignorance at someone else! By the way the last names Odom ask the city mgr who I am! I am the one who helped him find out about the illegal purchases.....
Clem is everywhere and having a great day!

11-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Clem is more than one person havnt you figured that out.... I dont know how it is up there but I will tell you I would love to know but first things first is to clean up down here. Listen cry baby people get stabbed in the back all the time I'm sure you know how it goes youve done it many of times, while the media is getting copies why dont they get copies and info about the damage on chefys car and nothing was done about it, the info about the officers who lied on their application and were still hired and no longer work there because they shouldnt have been hired in the first place, how bout the copy of the letter saying not to hire the officer who talked about how huge his member was to an explorer and got fired from the school board for the same kind of talk before he was hired on at ZPD, the illegal search and seizures, about the restraining order one officer got against the other because he threatened to shoot himself and the officer and was put on light duty because chefy felt sorry for him (its public record) or maybe they should look into the reason an officer was fired not because of job performance but because so many of you cry babys couldnt handle working with a guy who was not into women..... so go stick up for someone who deserves it and spew your ignorance at someone else! By the way the last names Odom ask the city mgr who I am! I am the one who helped him find out about the illegal purchases.....
Clem is everywhere and having a great day!

This thread is over a year old and the same stuff keeps going on -- Do you still stand by "the department is getting better" crap?