PDA

View Full Version : Shift bid is done. Are you happy...

12-16-2007, 12:58 AM
with what you got?

12-16-2007, 08:26 PM
NO

12-17-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm happy I have a job and don't live in El Jadin. I don't care that I have to work a few more hours per day.

12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Working the hours is no problem its the days off I will get in about 15 years. I wish I came up with this schedule so when I look in the mirror I can say "hi di##". Now hurry up and bash me.

12-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I think the biggest problem is that someone not working road patrol (Sgt. JN) came up with this crappy shift. Only a select few get the best days off. The other problem is that the entire PD voted for a contract that negatively affects only road patrol. Hopefully it will not work and we go back to 10's or try one of the other proposals.

avt12882
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
why did the union give in to 12 hour shifts? the problem is the only ones affected by the shift is road patrol. hopefully we will be back to 4/3s soon or there are going to be alot of unhappy cops around here.

i need to play lotto win some cash call it a day.

12-17-2007, 06:40 PM
why did the union give in to 12 hour shifts? the problem is the only ones affected by the shift is road patrol. hopefully we will be back to 4/3s soon or there are going to be alot of unhappy cops around here.

Uhh...you had a chance to vote against it. We OVERWHELMINGLY voted for it.

So, basically, shut up. It's over, it's done, and it's not going to change. We got an AWESOME contract and I'm (and I've heard this from MANY people) really sick of people talking crap like this. Look at the topped out Officer pay at the end of the contract and just think of ways to spend your $$... Otherwise, please, if you're so upset about the contract, don't let the door hit you on the way back to New York.

avt12882
12-17-2007, 08:25 PM
the money part of the contract was good but why didnt the union attempt to keep the 4/3s. most of the guys on the road hate the fact that we are going to 12s.

avt12882
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
if you read my post all i was saying is that there are going to be alot of unhappy cops on the road and if you talk to most of the cops on the road you would know that!

12-17-2007, 11:10 PM
the money part of the contract was good but why didnt the union attempt to keep the 4/3s. most of the guys on the road hate the fact that we are going to 12s.

LOL! THEY DID!! Did you go to one union meeting???????????

avt12882
12-17-2007, 11:39 PM
at what point in my post did i say i was upset about the contract? all i said was i rather work 4/3 then 12s as would most of the cops on c shift. ps if you have a problem because i want 4/3s just tell me why u like the contract and ill tell you why i dont

12-17-2007, 11:52 PM
And Mr Guest - get off of Aldo unless you post who you are also.... All he said was he prefers the 4/3s... Stop trying to start crap...

12-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Once again we have a dilemma with the pd. When we have a chance to get a great contract($ wise this is) we end up giving up our 10s for this terrible schedule which we probably would have gotten forced on us in the long run. But, it appears that we could have gotten more than we did. Im glad we have no morale to kill because this would have done it. Now hurry up and promote peppermint patty he deserves it .

12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
at what point in my post did i say i was upset about the contract?

Uhh... In three posts about it, all you did was complain about the shifts, which is part of the contract. You ask why they union didn't fight to keep the schedule which we already had (WHICH THEY DID). If that's not saying you're "upset," I don't know what is........

all i said was i rather work 4/3 then 12s as would most of the cops on c shift. ps if you have a problem because i want 4/3s just tell me why u like the contract and ill tell you why i dont

And I'M THE ONE trying to stir the crap???? What is the point of this? Other than to stir the pot?

12-18-2007, 06:13 PM
And Mr Guest - get off of Aldo unless you post who you are also.... All he said was he prefers the 4/3s... Stop trying to start crap...

I'd like you too look in the mirror as soon as you read this. What you will see there is a hypocrite who doesn't follow his(or her) own advice.

12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't care WHAT shifts they gave us if we could come together and be responsible adults that do our jobs. So sick of working a 10 hour shift that ends in me having three alphas in someone else's zone. When they have ZERO alphas at the end of the shift. Like when a lazy cop is on a loud music call and hear a violent crime with shots fired being dispatched in their zone. Not only do they not respond and handle the call but they don't even show up to back officers up. Then wait until I code the call alpha (an hour later) to code their 22 10-98 Juliet.

I guess what i'm trying to demonstrate is that we can complain about the shifts as much as we want now, it won't change anything. We should focus on the things that we can do better. Like officer safety, zone ownership and getting rid of some of the freaking laziness around here. Some of our employees would be fired from k-mart if they acted this lazy there.

I don't mind if your laziness kills YOU but don't have my wife holding a folded flag because you are a piece of sh*t. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Laziness only survives here because supervisors let it continue.

12-18-2007, 08:57 PM
with 20+ people per shift zone ownership goes out the window.

avt12882
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
at what point in any of my post did i say i was upset or pissed about the contract. all i said is i prefer 4/3 over 12s because i did 12s with pbso and on your 4th one all you want to do is hide under a tree. ps at all the meetings all i heard is we are going to 12s at no point did i hear only road patrol is going to 12s. there would have been alot more no votes if it was understood that only road patrol is going to 12s.

12-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Good point Aldo - it was pitched as something the "department" was going to have to just take - the 12 hr shifts.. Well - everyone just kept saying - but look at the money.... yeah - and during your days that you are working- or rather road patrol is working - you have no time to do anything but work - nice....

Whatever.... the backbone of the Dept. gets shafted again..... now pull some more guys from the road and make sure you fill the DB & SIU & every other specialized unit... We will enjoy the extra work..

12-19-2007, 12:16 AM
What I would love to know is where in the hell does it have a zone numbered on my patch. It states Davie Police, this zone bullshit is that exactly, bullshit. I understand some of us do stay on B.S. calls but the attitude of just handling my zone is BULL. Remember you work for Davie the whole city, not 34 zone or 11 zone, help each other out because no one else will!!!!!!!!1

12-19-2007, 12:58 AM
What I would love to know is where in the hell does it have a zone numbered on my patch. It states Davie Police, this zone bullshit is that exactly, bullshit. I understand some of us do stay on B.S. calls but the attitude of just handling my zone is BULL. Remember you work for Davie the whole city, not 34 zone or 11 zone, help each other out because no one else will!!!!!!!!1

You are right einstein, you do work DAVIE and not only a specific zone. So very observant of you to figure out. I guess that it doesn't upset you when your zone partner is sipping red bull at the mobil while assigned to a 22 that is going to be a code out? All while you get to handle the paper in his zone? If you read the post correctly you would see "ZONE OWNERSHIP" That means; you handle the paper in your zone (when possible) not sitting on a non-paper signal until that other codes YOUR call ALpha. You are a true lazy piece of sh*t. I was not b*tching about doing my job, just about doing my job and YOURS while you sit on an infinite 10-40. Or take a lie 13p to get out of responding to YOUR paper call. I get paid one salary, that's enought to handle my zone(s) and respond to whatever calls I am dispatched to or BACKUP other officers, reguardless of how I feel about them.

You are right, I am a DAVIE police officer.... so is the other person who is milking out their 22 at the mobil and never even budged an ass cheek when a shots fired call went out in their district.

It comes down to safety and if you don't care enough about my life to at least DRIVE BY a shots fired call with a possible barricaded suspect... then F*CK U. This place is full of lazy piece of shit won't back u up mother f er's. U know who you are out there.... taking paper isn't the issue... U don't care if I live and that is the problem with this department. People too worried about how they look in their swat uniform instead of getting the job done so ALL IS SAFE. People who when they are asked to back someone up u hear is crickets...

I read a book once where it described the mentality of a SWAT officer as, "A silent warrior". That is sure not the case here. Too much in a hurry to change on a shooting scene or to sit in a gas station instead of back up a fellow officer, reguardless of your personal feelings for them. Or maybe they are just in SWAT so they can pick up girls. Maybe in it so that they can milk out their workout until their zone is clear of holding calls.

There are plenty of times when you can't get to a call in your zone. This is understood. But when the responding officer who is assigned in a completley other district passes a gas station with ALL of that districts officers are 97 and none of them even drive NEAR a shooting scene??????? IT'S JUST A SAFETY/LAZINESS ISSUE.

12-19-2007, 12:59 PM

You are right einstein, you do work DAVIE and not only a specific zone. So very observant of you to figure out. I guess that it doesn't upset you when your zone partner is sipping red bull at the mobil while assigned to a 22 that is going to be a code out? All while you get to handle the paper in his zone? If you read the post correctly you would see "ZONE OWNERSHIP" That means; you handle the paper in your zone (when possible) not sitting on a non-paper signal until that other codes YOUR call ALpha. You are a true lazy piece of sh*t. I was not b*tching about doing my job, just about doing my job and YOURS while you sit on an infinite 10-40. Or take a lie 13p to get out of responding to YOUR paper call. I get paid one salary, that's enought to handle my zone(s) and respond to whatever calls I am dispatched to or BACKUP other officers, reguardless of how I feel about them.

You are right, I am a DAVIE police officer.... so is the other person who is milking out their 22 at the mobil and never even budged an ass cheek when a shots fired call went out in their district.

It comes down to safety and if you don't care enough about my life to at least DRIVE BY a shots fired call with a possible barricaded suspect... then F*CK U. This place is full of lazy piece of shizzat won't back u up mother f er's. U know who you are out there.... taking paper isn't the issue... U don't care if I live and that is the problem with this department. People too worried about how they look in their swat uniform instead of getting the job done so ALL IS SAFE. People who when they are asked to back someone up u hear is crickets...

I read a book once where it described the mentality of a SWAT officer as, "A silent warrior". That is sure not the case here. Too much in a hurry to change on a shooting scene or to sit in a gas station instead of back up a fellow officer, reguardless of your personal feelings for them. Or maybe they are just in SWAT so they can pick up girls. Maybe in it so that they can milk out their workout until their zone is clear of holding calls.

There are plenty of times when you can't get to a call in your zone. This is understood. But when the responding officer who is assigned in a completley other district passes a gas station with ALL of that districts officers are 97 and none of them even drive NEAR a shooting scene??????? IT'S JUST A SAFETY/LAZINESS ISSUE.

you should have gotton on the radio and punked them out or told your sgt., yiur not a rat if it saves your life.

12-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Your wrong about the 20, look at the numbers, we vwil aaverage closer to 18 but then you minus tthe useless training(and training unit, 4 peopl to watch frailing work) and vaca/sick/etc we are right baack to what we have now, Im just glad Im not on the road anymore.

12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
just be glad that we all now have a president who is for us not the chief, wait wrong president

12-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Your wrong about the 20, look at the numbers, we vwil aaverage closer to 18 but then you minus tthe useless training(and training unit, 4 peopl to watch frailing work) and vaca/sick/etc we are right baack to what we have now, Im just glad Im not on the road anymore.

It is people like you, that make this site bad. People like you give units a bad name. I BET YOU ARE A LAZY (^^%*^%*%

12-20-2007, 12:59 AM

Very true. We will be working with the same numbers, but now for 12 hours a day. Stay safe, and drink a lot of coffee.

P.S. Leave Aldo alone. He's a good guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Thin blue line boys.

12-20-2007, 01:23 AM

last time I was at training, it looked like they all worked. :D
guess you are upset because you got call out for being lazy..... too bad
those guys have given us some of the best training in last 3-4 years.

12-20-2007, 02:31 AM
Yeah- lets make training from 12-10pm so the trainers are the only ones getting OT & going to any school they want.... best training - not quite - but it is very good when compared to other Departments....

12-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah- lets make training from 12-10pm so the trainers are the only ones getting OT & going to any school they want.... best training - not quite - but it is very good when compared to other Departments....

why don't you become a trainer, if you are so concerned about OT????? or maybe do some work and go to court for OT.............

12-21-2007, 08:22 PM
I cant wait for the new scehdule that I voted for in the contract. Wait, I dont work the road but I get a huge raise and everything stays the same???? Wow,am I glad I DIDNT vote against it and nothing in my life has changed suckers. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12-21-2007, 09:06 PM

It comes down to safety and if you don't care enough about my life to at least DRIVE BY a shots fired call with a possible barricaded suspect... then F*CK U. This place is full of lazy piece of shizzat won't back u up mother f er's. U know who you are out there.... taking paper isn't the issue... U don't care if I live and that is the problem with this department. People too worried about how they look in their swat uniform instead of getting the job done so ALL IS SAFE. People who when they are asked to back someone up u hear is crickets...

you should have gotton on the radio and punked them out or told your sgt., yiur not a rat if it saves your life.

YOUR POST IS FULL OF ALOT OF ANGER AND MOST OF IT I GUESS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ....BUT DONT DROP TO THE LEVEL OF THE PERSONS YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT...NOT ALL THE SRT GUYS ARE LIKE THE ONE YOU MAKE REFERENCE TO....MOST OF THEM NOT THE ONE YOU MAKE REFERENCE TO WERE SOMEWHAT TROUBLED BY THE NEWS OF CHANGING CLOTHES ON AN ACTIVE CALL OF SHOTS FIRED. THIS INDIVIDUAL NEEDS TO BE SINGLED OUT AND NOT CLASSIFIED WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM THAT TRY THEIR BEST AND PUT IN ALOT OF EFFORT INTO THEIR TRAINING..FOR WHAT A FEW HOURS OF FLEX TIME THAT THEY CAN NEVER USE.

12-21-2007, 11:55 PM
wow a post that makes sense who would have thought....

12-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Are you guys working 4 12 hour days, and then 4 days off. Or are you guys on the other 12 hour shift schedule, something like 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off, and 3 on, or something like that.
I am just wondering because our department has been on 12 hour shifts for the last 3 years, on 4 on 4 off schedule. I will tell you this much, if you are on that schedule and you dont work that many off duty jobs, then this schedule is great. If you do work details then you might have a problem, like some of our officers.
We used to be in 4/3 schedule and that was great, specially if you work details. They told us the same b.s. about having more officers on the road with the 4 12 hour shifts. That was a load of garbage. The first month or two was great, but when people start going to training, vacation, and you add sick calls, you are back to minimun man power. Which for us is 9 officers, YES 9. :?:
So I guess my point is that even though for most of the year my squad worked with 11 or 12 officers (in a good week), I love the 4 straight days off. It is like a mini vacation and if you take an extra day off then you dont need to actually take that much of your vacation time.
By the way it sounds like you guys have the same problems most of the other depts. also complain about. So the grass is never greener somewhere else.

12-23-2007, 04:36 AM
I am just wondering because our department has been on 12 hour shifts for the last 3 years, on 4 on 4 off schedule.

Ok, what agency do you work for???????

12-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Are you guys working 4 12 hour days, and then 4 days off. Or are you guys on the other 12 hour shift schedule, something like 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, 2 on, 2 off, and 3 on, or something like that.
I am just wondering because our department has been on 12 hour shifts for the last 3 years, on 4 on 4 off schedule. I will tell you this much, if you are on that schedule and you dont work that many off duty jobs, then this schedule is great. If you do work details then you might have a problem, like some of our officers.
We used to be in 4/3 schedule and that was great, specially if you work details. They told us the same b.s. about having more officers on the road with the 4 12 hour shifts. That was a load of garbage. The first month or two was great, but when people start going to training, vacation, and you add sick calls, you are back to minimun man power. Which for us is 9 officers, YES 9. :?:
So I guess my point is that even though for most of the year my squad worked with 11 or 12 officers (in a good week), I love the 4 straight days off. It is like a mini vacation and if you take an extra day off then you dont need to actually take that much of your vacation time.
By the way it sounds like you guys have the same problems most of the other depts. also complain about. So the grass is never greener somewhere else.

WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THIS POST BEING SENT A FEW DAYS AFTER SHIFT BID? GOLLY GEE I DONT KNOW GOMER BUT IT SEEMS A VERY UNLIKLY COINCIDENCE

12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
We are going to be working:

4 on 3 off then the next week 3 on 4 off

12-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Your agency seems to have alot going for you guys. I am envious that I don't work there but you all whine entirely too much. You should be happy, I bet all the gripers never worked anywhere else and cannot enjoy the good you all have. It's too more hours, gimme a break we can't even staff a minimum manning shift we so low in numbers.....

It must be nice sitting in On The Run drinking free soda, that would never happen in our city, we'd lose our jobs before the end of that shift.

12-25-2007, 08:37 PM
It's too more hours, gimme a break we can't even staff a minimum manning shift we so low in numbers.....

No, it's TWO more hours. And I don't think "manning" is a word. Unless, of course, you're referring to the last name of a NFL player. "We so low in numbers"... I'm not even going to touch that one.

As if it's not obvious already, the vast majority of posts on here are only from a few people. They are the ones who think that "this place" is out to get them. They are the ones that will never be happy and that would like everyone else to be miserable as well. They are also the ones that will spend their entire career on the road (not that there's anything wrong with that), but YEARN to go elsewhere in the agency. However, until they change their ways, they won't go anywhere.

The sad thing is, with our new Chief, it may have actually been possible for some of these guys to change their "image" and actually be defined by positive qualities instead of their negative attitudes... But, most (if not all) of them will remain the same and just be unhappy until they quit, get fired, or retire. Until then, we just have to deal with them....

The other scary thing is all of the new people (under five years on) that ALREADY have these attitudes...

12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
They are also the ones that will spend their entire career on the road (not that there's anything wrong with that), but YEARN to go elsewhere in the agency. However, until they change their ways, they won't go anywhere.

The sad thing is, with our new Chief, it may have actually been possible for some of these guys to change their "image" and actually be defined by positive qualities instead of their negative attitudes... But, most (if not all) of them will remain the same and just be unhappy until they quit, get fired, or retire. Until then, we just have to deal with them....

The other scary thing is all of the new people (under five years on) that ALREADY have these attitudes...[/quote]
I hear what your saying, but dont blame a few people for a problem that persisted before and during the prior chiefs tenure. The reason alot of people are unhappy is because we have an us/them mentality here that if you "play ball" you will be rewarded. If not, you will be told what you want to hear but eventually be passed over. We just hope the new chief makes some serious upper leve; changes so we can get a fresh start and let the work speak for itself.

12-26-2007, 05:53 PM
They are also the ones that will spend their entire career on the road (not that there's anything wrong with that), but YEARN to go elsewhere in the agency.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY OFFICERS WHO HAVE WORKED HERE (IN THE PAST AS WELL ) THAT HAVE REMAINED ON THE ROAD BY CHOICE. BELIEVE ME. GO AND ASK SOME LONGTIME SUPERVISOS IF THEY HAVE THE BEST QUALIFIED COPS WORKING FOR THEM. WHY NOT ASK THEM IF THEY WERE FORCED TO TAKE PEOPLE BASED ON RACE, SEX FRIENDSHIP KISS ARSE ETC...

12-27-2007, 04:58 AM
I work for the city of Miramar, been there for the last 7 years. Actually your schedule sounds pretty good, maybe even better than ours. The way it works for us is one pay period you work a total of 92 hours and the next pay period you work a total of 69 hours. At the end of the day they made it where we get paid for 80 hours each pay period. The only OT that is paid is when you worked pass your normal shift hours. Other than that on the 92 hour work period, you are only getting paid for 80 hours. The same goes for the 69 hour work period.

12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I work for the city of Miramar, been there for the last 7 years. Actually your schedule sounds pretty good, maybe even better than ours. The way it works for us is one pay period you work a total of 92 hours and the next pay period you work a total of 69 hours. At the end of the day they made it where we get paid for 80 hours each pay period. The only OT that is paid is when you worked pass your normal shift hours. Other than that on the 92 hour work period, you are only getting paid for 80 hours. The same goes for the 69 hour work period.

Great,now go back to your site before you give our sgt who is trying to get promoted anymore great ideas

12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
This sucks for you in Miramar. You work 161 hours a month, but only get paid for 160 hours. You need to re-negotiate that.

12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
THERE HAVE BEEN MANY OFFICERS WHO HAVE WORKED HERE (IN THE PAST AS WELL ) THAT HAVE REMAINED ON THE ROAD BY CHOICE. BELIEVE ME. GO AND ASK SOME LONGTIME SUPERVISOS IF THEY HAVE THE BEST QUALIFIED COPS WORKING FOR THEM. WHY NOT ASK THEM IF THEY WERE FORCED TO TAKE PEOPLE BASED ON RACE, sex FRIENDSHIP KISS ARSE ETC...

First, please take of the CAPS LOCK.

Second, these people are NOT the ones I was talking about. Like I wrote, there is nothing wrong with staying on the road your whole career. I was talking about the people that WANT to go places, but cannot (because of their own issues). If you want to spend your career on the road, and are happy there, by all means, that's an awesome choice. But, I think the "cancers" of the department are the ones that fail the promotional exams or specialized unit interviews over and over again and complain and think that "this place" is out to get them....

12-28-2007, 12:26 AM
"But, I think the "cancers" of the department are the ones that fail the promotional exams or specialized unit interviews over and over again and complain and think that "this place" is out to get them...."

Great post ex-chief...now rot in hell!!

12-28-2007, 05:14 PM
"But, I think the "cancers" of the department are the ones that fail the promotional exams or specialized unit interviews over and over again and complain and think that "this place" is out to get them...."

Whu does it seem that if you are considered out of favor, or a 'cancer" its probably because they still have a backbone and they dont embarass themselves by being a kiss arse. Keep wasting the taxpayers $ by most of the promotions that have been made over the past 10 years.

12-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Whu does it seem that if you are considered out of favor, or a 'cancer" its probably because they still have a backbone and they dont embarass themselves by being a kiss arse.

Yeah, that's it. If that's how you justify it to yourself and it makes you sleep at night, think that. Blame everyone else but yourself. Accept no responsibility for your own failures. Think that you have a "backbone" to justify your lack of skill, (real) experience, dedication, or your ability to study for an interview/written exam/or whatever. And surely all those that have been promoted or that have been assigned to any specialized units are all kiss asses and have all done NOTHING (especially compared to you) to deserve what they've gotten. All of our Detectives (CIU and SIU), COP Officers, Traffic guys, K-9 guys, Dive Team members, FTOs, Honor Guard members, SROs, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains, (and anyone else I'm leaving out) have only gotten their positions because they're kiss asses. And poor little you remain on the road because you have a backbone and expect everything to be given to you. Why should you have to prove yourself? Why should you have to actually do your job? Why doesn't everyone kiss your butt for the excellent job you do all day, every day, with no regard for yourself...

Wake up, man. Get your head out of the sand and take some responsibility for your own issues. The biggest problem with our department (and society in general, I guess) is that everyone only cares about themselves and blames their own problems on everyone else. No one accepts any responsibility or does anything to better themselves. After all, it's a lot easier to blame all those "kiss asses" anyway, right?

12-28-2007, 08:20 PM
SAD BUT TRUE.................Sooooo much assssss kissing going on, there is not many men left in this dept.

12-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Whu does it seem that if you are considered out of favor, or a 'cancer" its probably because they still have a backbone and they dont embarass themselves by being a kiss arse.

Yeah, that's it. If that's how you justify it to yourself and it makes you sleep at night, think that. Blame everyone else but yourself. Accept no responsibility for your own failures. Think that you have a "backbone" to justify your lack of skill, (real) experience, dedication, or your ability to study for an interview/written exam/or whatever. And surely all those that have been promoted or that have been assigned to any specialized units are all kiss asses and have all done NOTHING (especially compared to you) to deserve what they've gotten. All of our Detectives (CIU and SIU), COP Officers, Traffic guys, K-9 guys, Dive Team members, FTOs, Honor Guard members, SROs, Sergeants, Lieutenants, Captains, (and anyone else I'm leaving out) have only gotten their positions because they're kiss asses. And poor little you remain on the road because you have a backbone and expect everything to be given to you. Why should you have to prove yourself? Why should you have to actually do your job? Why doesn't everyone kiss your butt for the excellent job you do all day, every day, with no regard for yourself...

Wake up, man. Get your head out of the sand and take some responsibility for your own issues. The biggest problem with our department (and society in general, I guess) is that everyone only cares about themselves and blames their own problems on everyone else. No one accepts any responsibility or does anything to better themselves. After all, it's a lot easier to blame all those "kiss asses" anyway, right?

I never wrote that I was on the road so thanks for validating my point. Also, I never wrote about every officer, I only made a general statement of perception . I assume that you have not spent time in the pd because if you believe that every person has been promoted by merit, then you should have tried harder while you were scuffing your knees.

12-29-2007, 03:48 AM
Does anyone know why the new 12 hour shifts have been postponed until Jan 10th?

12-29-2007, 12:28 PM
DONT KNOW BUT UNTIL THEY GET BETTER DAYS OFF FOR GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 15+ YEARS THEY SHOULD POSTPONE IT FOR GOOD . CRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Better days off? Who needs better days off when you can just pick up and go on vacation even though your vacation days were denied. You don't have to worry about being disciplined. Just don't show up for work.

Hell, you don't even have to worry about making sure your taser works for over a month. Why bother helping your female partner when you can just stand there and watch her roll around on the floor with some dude while you do nothing?

Yes, these are just a few examples of the fine work ethic that one of our stellar female officer possess.

12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Better days off? Who needs better days off when you can just pick up and go on vacation even though your vacation days were denied. You don't have to worry about being disciplined. Just don't show up for work.

Hell, you don't even have to worry about making sure your taser works for over a month. Why bother helping your female partner when you can just stand there and watch her roll around on the floor with some dude while you do nothing?

Yes, these are just a few examples of the fine work ethic that one of our stellar female officer possess.

They sound like future sgts to me!! Just look at the ones we already have that did the same thing...

12-30-2007, 12:42 AM
quote]

They sound like future sgts to me!! Just look at the ones we already have that did the same thing...

They ? I believe the entire thread was about one person.

12-30-2007, 04:17 AM
DONT KNOW BUT UNTIL THEY GET BETTER DAYS OFF FOR GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 15+ YEARS THEY SHOULD POSTPONE IT FOR GOOD . CRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Hah, everyone was so quick to vote for the contract. $$$ were in everyone's eyes now the ones that wanted set day's off are starting to sing a different song.

12-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Set days off are fine and better for making personal plans but we needs mo weekned slots on alpha

12-30-2007, 08:10 PM

Hah, everyone was so quick to vote for the contract. $$$ were in everyone's eyes now the ones that wanted set day's off are starting to sing a different song.

We are still waiting for those who pushed hard for the 12s but arent going to work it to come back to the road....well.....

12-30-2007, 10:59 PM

Whu does it seem that if you are considered out of favor, or a 'cancer" its probably because they still have a backbone and they dont embarass themselves by being a kiss arse. Keep wasting the taxpayers $ by most of the promotions that have been made over the past 10 years.

the promotions you speak of will guide this PD for the next 10 years. We have good bossess at each level. Stop crying and try doing some work.

12-30-2007, 11:00 PM

We are still waiting for those who pushed hard for the 12s but arent going to work it to come back to the road....well.....

who is "WE" over 80% voted for this contract, get your facts right......

12-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah if I knew the road would be getting srewed by a sgts schedule, I could have voted against it. Go PBA like my old agency (now hurry up and tell me to go back,kinda late though Ive been here over 10 years)

12-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah if I knew the road would be getting srewed by a sgts schedule, I could have voted against it. Go PBA like my old agency (now hurry up and tell me to go back,kinda late though Ive been here over 10 years)

Sgts schedule???? I would not say go back. I want to hear your thoughts on what you wrote.

12-31-2007, 02:58 AM

It's NEVER too late. Now hurry up and go back.

12-31-2007, 12:28 PM
I think that person was referring to the new 12s that supposedly a sgt(pres) suggested that he got from another agency. Whether he did or not is stupid because its waht we have and its bad for being flrxible.

12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
awesome how a person who is not going to be affected by the schedule change makes the new schedule, doesnt even let the members vote on what they want.

this guy is our new union pres. another person with there own agenda (trying to get Lt.)

12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
awesome how a person who is not going to be affected by the schedule change makes the new schedule, doesnt even let the members vote on what they want.

this guy is our new union pres. another person with there own agenda (trying to get Lt.)

everybody who gets promoted wants to move up. Do not blame that Sgt(Pres) He does what is best for the majority and not himself. I use to feel that way about him and he and others proved me wrong. He is a good person. You should worry about others and not him.

12-31-2007, 05:59 PM

This is about the dumbest post on this board. The schedule was made by the Road Patrol Captain, not the Union. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth. The schedule issues were CLEARLY AND REPEATEDLY discussed at the union meetings, and everyone there knew that the union did NOT control the actual implementation of how many slots were on each shift, how many persons got which days off, etc. This was (and HAS ALWAYS BEEN) up to the Road Patrol Commander and the Chief.

So, PLEASE, do a little research and find out the truth before you bash people. And if you have a problem with our union president, go talk to him. He's a big boy. You should be one too.

12-31-2007, 06:17 PM

This is about the dumbest post on this board. The schedule was made by the Road Patrol Captain, not the Union. Get your facts straight before you open your mouth. The schedule issues were CLEARLY AND REPEATEDLY discussed at the union meetings, and everyone there knew that the union did NOT control the actual implementation of how many slots were on each shift, how many persons got which days off, etc. This was (and HAS ALWAYS BEEN) up to the Road Patrol Commander and the Chief.

So, PLEASE, do a little research and find out the truth before you bash people. And if you have a problem with our union president, go talk to him. He's a big boy. You should be one too.

well said........

12-31-2007, 09:06 PM

It would be well said if it werent for the fact (just before im opening my mouth) that its the same schedule the sgt proposed at a past fop meeting that the admin decided to just i,plement. So before youuuuuu open your mouth get your facts straight. ta ta

12-31-2007, 11:26 PM
It would be well said if it werent for the fact (just before im opening my mouth) that its the same schedule the sgt proposed at a past fop meeting that the admin decided to just i,plement. So before youuuuuu open your mouth get your facts straight. ta ta

Dude, your original post stated that our FOP President made the schedule and implemented it without giving anyone the chance to vote on it.

HE did not make or implement the schedule. A similar schedule was submitted by a member for consideration. Additionally, ALL members were asked to submit any proposed schedules that they would like to see. TWO people actually proposed something. So, you WERE given the chance to have your voice heard. You didn't take the opportunity, but now you're going to say you didn't get a chance to vote? C'mon...

ULTIMATELY, the schedule was decided on and implemented by the Road Patrol Captain and the Chief. THAT is a fact.

But, what the heck are you complaining about, dude? After the change, there's only going to be 14 Officers on the road that DON'T have either Saturday or Sunday off. Right now there's dozens of Officers without a Saturday or Sunday off. If you're one of the bottom 14, don't worry, you'll be up there by the fall and you'll get a piece of the weekend off, too.

02-17-2008, 07:25 PM
i believe that if everyone worked a part of the weekend(rotating), the newer guys (who do all the work) would at least have equal days off.
i pay equal dues so give us equal days off?
at least the captain agrees with us and he will change the future schedule to reflect that so morale can improve with the senior guys

02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
no rotating days off, you either wait till you are senior enough to get the days off you desire, or leave to another department.

p.s. get a box of kleenex so you can wipe away your tears.

02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
oh im so wrong to want to br treated the same
i guess tht is why when a felloow cop is fired, you senior guys are no where to be found?
i guess all the other poosts are right you only care about yourself here

the new times for days will pretyy much stop the weekends off anyeays so you better go to winn dixie and buy some kleenex to cry on day shift

02-17-2008, 11:33 PM
i guess tht is why when a felloow cop is fired, you senior guys are no where to be found?

Yes, you are wrong to be treated equally as far as days off are concerned. You are new. We all had to deal with crappy days off for the first few years of our careers. You know what? It sucked. You know what else? We didn't ***** about it. We did it because that was what the new guys did. The senior guys have done their time here. They deserve to have better days off. By your rationale, there should be no pay steps, either. We should all be paid the same and there should be no incentive for sticking with the town and not going somewhere else.

As far as your comment about a fellow cop being fired, who exactly are you referring to? There have been dozens of people who have been fired during my time here. There were only a very few who I would say didn't actually deserve it (and the others probably did, too, but friendships and not knowing the whole story probably influenced my though process). If you're referring to Mize or Necolletos, what exactly would you like me to do? I will be at the Town Hall meeting on the fifth. But, let's face it, most everyone is upset about their firings because we want to be sure to prevent it in the future. This is selfish.

Ultimately, my friend, we are all selfish. You call me selfish for wanting to have seniority count for a few small benefits. But you want to have rotating days off because that's what you want. Ok, so how is THAT not selfish? You may want rotating days off now because you have crappy days off. Well, as has been said several times before, wait a few years (or maybe less) and you'll get great days off. If you did get rotating days, I imagine in a few years you'll want to go back to fixed days off because you'll have the time in then to get weekends.... Or here's a better idea, go drop in an application with the Sheriff's Office. You can go have Tuesday-Wednesday off (in Lauderdale Lakes or Oakland Park, maybe) until your 10th anniversary. Then you MAY get Thursday-Friday off.... You've got it made here, kid. Just sit back and relax and you'll see...

02-17-2008, 11:45 PM

Yes, you are wrong to be treated equally as far as days off are concerned. You are new. We all had to deal with crappy days off for the first few years of our careers. You know what? It sucked. You know what else? We didn't ***** about it. We did it because that was what the new guys did. The senior guys have done their time here. They deserve to have better days off. By your rationale, there should be no pay steps, either. We should all be paid the same and there should be no incentive for sticking with the town and not going somewhere else.

As far as your comment about a fellow cop being fired, who exactly are you referring to? There have been dozens of people who have been fired during my time here. There were only a very few who I would say didn't actually deserve it (and the others probably did, too, but friendships and not knowing the whole story probably influenced my though process). If you're referring to Mize or Necolletos, what exactly would you like me to do? I will be at the Town Hall meeting on the fifth. But, let's face it, most everyone is upset about their firings because we want to be sure to prevent it in the future. This is selfish.

Ultimately, my friend, we are all selfish. You call me selfish for wanting to have seniority count for a few small benefits. But you want to have rotating days off because that's what you want. Ok, so how is THAT not selfish? You may want rotating days off now because you have crappy days off. Well, as has been said several times before, wait a few years (or maybe less) and you'll get great days off. If you did get rotating days, I imagine in a few years you'll want to go back to fixed days off because you'll have the time in then to get weekends.... Or here's a better idea, go drop in an application with the Sheriff's Office. You can go have Tuesday-Wednesday off (in Lauderdale Lakes or Oakland Park, maybe) until your 10th anniversary. Then you MAY get Thursday-Friday off.... You've got it made here, kid. Just sit back and relax and you'll see...

02-18-2008, 12:20 AM

Well said, the only part I dont agree with (not your fault) is that under the current schedule for the 2 shifts. only 12 or 13 of us get weekends off. That is a killer for the officers who are on the road and they have to wait over 15 years to get those days off on days and 12 or so on alpha. There have been a few officers who have recently submitted new schedules (after shift bid) and the captain has ignore them. I guess shift work does s...

02-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Just a note to the new guys about crappy days off. I had to wait 7 years before I saw a weekend day off and another 7 years before I saw a full weekend. I also worked charlie shift for 13 years before I moved to bravo.

I don't know how it works with the 2 shifts now , but most officers saw weekend days off a lot sooner than I did when I worked there.

Years ago we had rotating days off and rotating shifts, that was really crappy.

So don't complain!

02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for you input now go back to writing my family members tickets

02-19-2008, 12:04 AM
I AM GLAD IM NOT ON BRAVO/ALPHA BECAUSE YOUR NEW SCHEDULE IS GOING TO REALLY SU@@. OH YEAH, THANKS FOR THE RAISE !!!!!

02-19-2008, 12:15 PM
The schedules arent as good as the 10s but we all work together as a union not as one person each so if you dont like it leave.

02-19-2008, 05:41 PM
The schedules arent as good as the 10s but we all work together as a union not as one person each so if you dont like it leave.

Your message would be better received it it was infused with a bit of punctuation. This would allow the reader to know when one thought ends and the next thought begins. Punctuation has been a part of the written English language since its creation, so I am not sure why this is a foreign concept to you.

Additionally, contractions (words that are "short for" two other words - like "don't," and "aren't") require an apostrophe. This apostophe is substituted for the missing letter(s) in the word.

Thanks! You may proceed.

02-20-2008, 01:12 AM
Additionally, contractions (words that are "short for" two other words - like "don't," and "aren't") require an apostrophe. This apostophe is substituted for the missing letter(s) in the word.

Excuse me English 101, but either you are not sure how to spell "apostrophe" or you are typing with two fingers, thus, forgetting a letter. Just trying to help you once again.

Continue.....

02-20-2008, 05:37 AM
For a agency that has alot of perks and benefits unlike others, you guys sure ***** a whole lot. I bet most of you have never worked for another agency and seen what its REALLY like to work for a dump.

You all are worse than a bunch of menstrating 9th grade softball players at Western High.

English 101
02-20-2008, 06:24 AM

Excuse me English 101, but either you are not sure how to spell "apostrophe" or you are typing with two fingers, thus, forgetting a letter. Just trying to help you once again.

Continue.....

Obviously, he is an imposter! I would have spelled apostrophe the proper way. I would have also ended my thread with my "signature", you may continue with your nonsense.

02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
For a agency that has alot of perks and benefits unlike others, you guys sure ***** a whole lot. I bet most of you have never worked for another agency and seen what its REALLY like to work for a dump.

You all are worse than a bunch of menstrating 9th grade softball players at Western High.

Thanks now go back to your dump so we can continue with our menstrating

02-20-2008, 12:50 PM

We have several officers that are from other agencies. I would say 99% of them realize how good we have it. The other 1% was misberable at his last agency and continues to spew his dissatisfaction every chance he get's. Nothing will ever make this person happy until the day comes that he can do whatever he pleases and still collect a pay check. Even then, he will still want more.

02-20-2008, 02:26 PM

We have several officers that are from other agencies. I would say 99% of them realize how good we have it. The other 1% was misberable at his last agency and continues to spew his dissatisfaction every chance he get's. Nothing will ever make this person happy until the day comes that he can do whatever he pleases and still collect a pay check. Even then, he will still want more.

Will you marry me?

02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Obviously, he is an imposter! I would have spelled apostrophe the proper way. I would have also ended my thread with my "signature", you may continue with your nonsense.

It is very cheesy to take on someone else's persona... Please, leave the insulting (for grammar, anyway) to me. Yes, I messed up and missed a letter in the word "apostrophe." I usually spend time proofreading my posts in order to make sure that no typos occur, but I got lazy. I also did not end with "you may continue your nonsense," because I felt it was getting a bit over done. Plus, I agreed with the writer's point, so I didn't really feel that it was nonsense.

Now, to the person who decided to register as "English 101," you should be ashamed. There is only one true English 101. While I am flattered that you would want to impersonate me, it's really lame and actually pretty pathetic. Now, I can't post messages using MY created username, because you have stolen it. That angers me. But, I understand that you are probably too stupid to create an idea like "English 101" on your own, so you have to steal other people's creations and ideas in order to validate your own self worth. This, my friend, is very sad.

This all being said, I think I'll slip back into retirement for a while. My work here seems to be done for the time, anyway. You crazy kids keep up your insulting, degrading, bashing, and impersonating all you want.

Oh, and to the registered imposter, keep up with the nonsense, my man. But be yourself, don't try to imitate others...

02-21-2008, 12:28 AM

No offense but only 1%? You must not ne paying attention to the former leos on the road...

02-21-2008, 03:24 AM
Huh??