PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch - Oh yeah we left them in the moldy building

12-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Why can't we have our own string ?

12-15-2007, 11:31 PM
NO!!! That would require that dispatchers have internet access and that would be out of the question.

12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
...but nobody cares.

12-16-2007, 04:01 PM
What do you mean we don't care, sure we do at PPD, as long as it's good for ME, ME, ME! Self centered, yes WE ARE.

12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a little child that is not getting what he wants for Christmas, waaaa waaaa waaaaa. Is that all you people are good for up there ? Answer the phone, send out the calls and clear me for my f'ing 40 ! While I am at it for all in the name of things holy can you guys stop saying "Can you update your MDT!" I can not tell you how much I hate that ! Let me do my job and watch what's in front of me and not look at my mobile.

12-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Sounds like a little child that is not getting what he wants for Christmas, waaaa waaaa waaaaa. Is that all you people are good for up there ? Answer the phone, send out the calls and clear me for my f'ing 40 ! While I am at it for all in the name of things holy can you guys stop saying "Can you update your MDT!" I can not tell you how much I hate that ! Let me do my job and watch what's in front of me and not look at my mobile.

Most of you are able to push your enroute, arrival and cleared buttons. Not a terribly difficult thing to do and is now a requirement of your job. Sounds like you fall short in being able to multi-task, amongst other things. You're not expected to update your MDT on Code 3 calls, but on routine ones, yes. Don't blast the people up there and demean our jobs. I would say that is very unbecoming of you, but you've already proved how unbecoming you are.

Thanks and stay safe.

12-16-2007, 10:35 PM

I'm glad you live up to your alias, "cry baby." Why don't you go whine somewhere else where someone actually gives a $hit. Waaaaaaa!!! It would be an absolute shame if we put you in the position to develop carpal tunnel. Why don't you go talk to the LT and SGT's about that problem since we were given a DIRECT ORDER (do you know what that is, oh insubordinate one). No one is expecting you to push your idiot-proof buttons if at any point in time you sense danger... use some common sense before you post ridiculous, over-exaggerated comments . And for the love of god can you please stop saying, "Can you resend that to my mobile?"

12-16-2007, 11:30 PM
I knew that this would start a flame war. God forbid that a dispatcher actually ask an officer for any type of respect huh? The nerve.

12-16-2007, 11:58 PM
I honestly don't care if you officers use your mobiles or not, even they are idiot proof buttons, i like being a dispatcher and if feel that doing those things for you is my job. despite the fact that some dispatchers are anal about it....i say whatever.

12-17-2007, 01:53 AM
[quote="Cry Baby":3r87obvd]Sounds like a little child that is not getting what he wants for Christmas, waaaa waaaa waaaaa. Is that all you people are good for up there ? Answer the phone, send out the calls and clear me for my f'ing 40 ! While I am at it for all in the name of things holy can you guys stop saying "Can you update your MDT!" I can not tell you how much I hate that ! Let me do my job and watch what's in front of me and not look at my mobile.

I'm glad you live up to your alias, "cry baby." Why don't you go whine somewhere else where someone actually gives a $hit. Waaaaaaa!!! It would be an absolute shame if we put you in the position to develop carpal tunnel. Why don't you go talk to the LT and SGT's about that problem since we were given a DIRECT ORDER (do you know what that is, oh insubordinate one). No one is expecting you to push your idiot-proof buttons if at any point in time you sense danger... use some common sense before you post ridiculous, over-exaggerated comments . And for the love of god can you please stop saying, "Can you resend that to my mobile?"[/quote:3r87obvd]

I understand that some persons just dont belong where you guys and gals are. As for the most part like you too, it took time to learn the system and the hardware. And I know for a fact some of the operators up there with an IQ of 40 still dont undersatnd how to ask the right questions. And teletype. If we could get mids teletype to stay awake and at least sound like shes a little interested in her job, that would help. So not only do we go to the calls you send us to, we play with the new hardware and still handle a potentially dangerous situation then have to write it(sometimes), I grant there are a few and I mean a hanfull of good people working there, and I know how stressful your jobs are as well as ours on the road.
CDC doesnt need people who can only type fast and send it to main, please start using common sense (oops I said it!) and pay attention to the caller. you are the first line in out defense. and when you forget or neglect that information, that could mean one of us is not comming home. but you never have to worry about going home do you? so you whine about being stuck up there. Well at least thats safe. Multitasking like using your cell phone? is that what you mean. I see an accident happening due to the famous ability of multitasking. sounds if you think its a gender advantage. thats all good when your butt is in the chair all day. anybodies mouth and hands can multitask, but its a little more when your driving a car and making sure there are no park east bullets coming your way...
you stay safe, and we'll keep doing what keeps us ALIVE!

12-17-2007, 02:20 AM
Who would of thunk it that this would have struck such a deep nerve ! I am not going to give you where I work in the scheme of things. But I will offer you an insight into my thoughts on the issue. I would like to thank the city coucil for bringing us into the 19th century. I mean come on now how many times have you seen a 20 year old re-run of cops in po-dunk ohio and they had cad. It's like anything else you have the officers who will accept and embrace the new tool. Yes it is a tool and it is there to help us do our jobs. Officer Safety some of us scream ! You have to take your eyes off of your 6 and 12 to push a button. It does also tell dispatch where you are at all times. Well some of the people don't like that that, but those who don't like it are probably the ones that are not going to use the system anyway. You know what if you don't want to use it don't use it and let dispatch do it. I think it is better if they do it anyhow this way I don't do something to mess the system up. Hey here is a thought they might know where we are and feel like they are more of the part of the job. Call information ? What call information ? I know it seems like it is puling teeth most of the time getting information out of them. I know, I know it's not dispatch it really is the call taking. There are a ton of new faces up there. You really should think about handing out those hello my name is so and so and I will be gone in a week. Just so I can put a face to the person I am cursing. There are some exceptions up there. Trust me we can tell which person took what call, they give us a badge and a gun. We can tell the difference. You know I have to admit I am guilty of sending too many text messages to dispatch. If you can't multitasks then dont dispatch. I am not even going to into the teletype thing, did I wake you up ? I'm sorry I am asking you a question about the person that I am out with that may or may not be wanted. To wrap it all up, to those of you that are up there that actually care about your job. Thank you, you see that I said thank you. I know it's something that you don't really hear all too often but thank you. You know who you are and keep up the good work. Thank you for making sure I go home at night to my family.

12-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Can't we all just get along. You said god forbid the disptcher give the officer some respect. While god forbid the officer give the dispatcher the respect that they have earned. I respect each and every officer out there, there are a few that annoy the p#ss out of me but I still give that officer the respect that they have earned. It's a two way street ! There are those of you out there that will always take the time to stop in and say thank you. I can't tell you how much that means to us. We don't do it for the money, there aint no glory in it, hell we don't even have fancy uniforms to look good in. Most of us do it because it's what we do. So to those select few officers on the road who are pro-dispatch thank you.

12-17-2007, 03:04 AM
[quote="Cry Baby":1kg36wo7]Sounds like a little child that is not getting what he wants for Christmas, waaaa waaaa waaaaa. Is that all you people are good for up there ? Answer the phone, send out the calls and clear me for my f'ing 40 ! While I am at it for all in the name of things holy can you guys stop saying "Can you update your MDT!" I can not tell you how much I hate that ! Let me do my job and watch what's in front of me and not look at my mobile.

I'm glad you live up to your alias, "cry baby." Why don't you go whine somewhere else where someone actually gives a $hit. Waaaaaaa!!! It would be an absolute shame if we put you in the position to develop carpal tunnel. Why don't you go talk to the LT and SGT's about that problem since we were given a DIRECT ORDER (do you know what that is, oh insubordinate one). No one is expecting you to push your idiot-proof buttons if at any point in time you sense danger... use some common sense before you post ridiculous, over-exaggerated comments . And for the love of god can you please stop saying, "Can you resend that to my mobile?"

I understand that some persons just dont belong where you guys and gals are. As for the most part like you too, it took time to learn the system and the hardware. And I know for a fact some of the operators up there with an IQ of 40 still dont undersatnd how to ask the right questions. And teletype. If we could get mids teletype to stay awake and at least sound like shes a little interested in her job, that would help. So not only do we go to the calls you send us to, we play with the new hardware and still handle a potentially dangerous situation then have to write it(sometimes), I grant there are a few and I mean a hanfull of good people working there, and I know how stressful your jobs are as well as ours on the road.
CDC doesnt need people who can only type fast and send it to main, please start using common sense (oops I said it!) and pay attention to the caller. you are the first line in out defense. and when you forget or neglect that information, that could mean one of us is not comming home. but you never have to worry about going home do you? so you whine about being stuck up there. Well at least thats safe. Multitasking like using your cell phone? is that what you mean. I see an accident happening due to the famous ability of multitasking. sounds if you think its a gender advantage. thats all good when your butt is in the chair all day. anybodies mouth and hands can multitask, but its a little more when your driving a car and making sure there are no park east bullets coming your way...
you stay safe, and we'll keep doing what keeps us ALIVE![/quote:1kg36wo7]

It sounds like your main complaint is with the call takers and not "dispatch" as a whole. I completely agree with you that many of the people up there don't belong. Unfortunately, there is nothing that most people can do about it. It seems that the majority of operator trainers can barely function on the phones themselves, let alone train someone. However, they bring in several new hires at a time and have no choice but to make horrible call takers trainers. If you guys think it's bad now, wait till the few people that were trained on cards leave. Those who were actually trained to think "out of the box." I just have one comment to make about what you said... Multitasking is a major part of dispatching. No, it is not just talking on your phone. I know that every officer that has ever been placed in dispatch has acquired a new perspective of dispatch, and how hard the dispatchers work to get good info for you guys from the call takers. Officer safety is a #1 priority to many of the people up there, whether they are good at their position or not. It's very discouraging to those people who do work their a$$ off, when officers talk negative about dispatch as a whole, when in reality it is just the same people over and over again making the mistakes. As far as pushing the buttons on CAD, no one is asking you to do this if you can't! It's all in the wording, my friend. Instead of saying "enroute" why don't you say "put me enroute." Just because we have CAD now, does not mean that we became psychic.

12-17-2007, 03:32 AM
Can't we all just get along. You said god forbid the disptcher give the officer some respect. While god forbid the officer give the dispatcher the respect that they have earned. I respect each and every officer out there, there are a few that annoy the p#ss out of me but I still give that officer the respect that they have earned. It's a two way street ! There are those of you out there that will always take the time to stop in and say thank you. I can't tell you how much that means to us. We don't do it for the money, there aint no glory in it, hell we don't even have fancy uniforms to look good in. Most of us do it because it's what we do. So to those select few officers on the road who are pro-dispatch thank you.

If you're talking to me I actually said "God forbid a dispatcher actually ASK an officer for respect. Referring to the guy that said nobody cares.
BTW I am a dispatcher and really could care less about weather or not an officer uses his/her mdt or not. It would be nice for officers to stop asking me to resend/refresh his/her cad. That really annoy's the s#it outta me. That being said I think that for the most part it seems like the officers have a problem with the call takers and not dispatchers. Remember guys and girls if you want the information chances are that a good dispatcher is screaming her head off for that same info and either being ignored or waved off by the call taker.
Speaking personally the only thing that I care about is sending every single officer home every single night. I don't care if I dispatch 1000 calls or 1 call all I want is for you guys to be safe.

12-17-2007, 04:39 AM

If you're talking to me I actually said "God forbid a dispatcher actually ASK an officer for respect. Referring to the guy that said nobody cares.
BTW I am a dispatcher and really could care less about weather or not an officer uses his/her mdt or not. It would be nice for officers to stop asking me to resend/refresh his/her cad. That really annoy's the s#it outta me. That being said I think that for the most part it seems like the officers have a problem with the call takers and not dispatchers. Remember guys and girls if you want the information chances are that a good dispatcher is screaming her head off for that same info and either being ignored or waved off by the call taker.
Speaking personally the only thing that I care about is sending every single officer home every single night. I don't care if I dispatch 1000 calls or 1 call all I want is for you guys to be safe.

Thanks,
My point and gripe was with the operators for the most part. And well maybe "B" channel, just because we have david and ncic/fcic, doesnt release you of your job.. WAKE UP!!!!!
like I wrote before the troops are still learning the system, it takes time. just like it took CDC time to learn. Most of us do get it and the others who dont, shame on them for their lazyness or lack of an IQ.
I understand that with operators its almost to the point where the blind is leading the blind with training. Its not easy being up there in any position, I know, been there done that too.
Im almost to the point where I'll call the complainant on my OWN PHONE and get the info myself. Skip the middle person so to speek.

12-17-2007, 04:42 AM
...but my initial statment was true. Nobody cares, vent over a situation that has some merrit. Bunch of bubble headed dead wood up and lazy could care less on the street.

12-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Okay, skip the middle man and call the complainant yourself. Well maybe you just gave yourself away. Since the run of the mill cops around here do not warrant a cell phone. What are you going to do SkyTel the caller ? That's if the SkyTel even goes through. So you must be one of the chosen few that still have your department issued Nextel. I would hate to think that you would waste your own minutes calling a complainant. If you are who I think you are you should be okay since you are on midnights and on nights and weekend plan with your cell phone carrier. Don't forget to block out your number don't want to have somebody calling you at all hours of the night for some extra police protection. Here's a thought just 19 each time you need to call, or just visit a fire station. You think they should issue road patrol a sack full of quarters to call people ? Can you 10-21, uhm 54 you took my phone away and I aint paying to call you. You need me, switch me to Charlie or leave me alone.

12-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Okay, skip the middle man and call the complainant yourself. Well maybe you just gave yourself away. Since the run of the mill cops around here do not warrant a cell phone. What are you going to do SkyTel the caller ? That's if the SkyTel even goes through. So you must be one of the chosen few that still have your department issued Nextel. I would hate to think that you would waste your own minutes calling a complainant. If you are who I think you are you should be okay since you are on midnights and on nights and weekend plan with your cell phone carrier. Don't forget to block out your number don't want to have somebody calling you at all hours of the night for some extra police protection. Here's a thought just 19 each time you need to call, or just visit a fire station. You think they should issue road patrol a sack full of quarters to call people ? Can you 10-21, uhm 54 you took my phone away and I aint paying to call you. You need me, switch me to Charlie or leave me alone.
no too smart are you, you must be the lazy arse teletyper.... btw i dont have a nextel I use my own B.I.A.T.C.H and also no need to to worry about the # its called *82 before you call, look into that, but I guess your so smart thats why your there, hmm? Yes I would rather leave you alone so you can sit up there and file your nails, and who in the F%^&K cares is I give myself away no big deal. your still stupid and I'll just call the complainant myself.... dont bother working its just job security for me, sit back I'll do YOUR job too!

12-17-2007, 08:07 AM
That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
IS THERE ANYWAY TO HOOK UP THAT RED "911" LIGHT AND BUZZER TO TELE-TYPE CHAIR FOR MIDS ? OOH, OR ONE OF THOSE WATER SPRAYERS THAT HIT YOU IN THE FACE LIKE AT THOSE 4D RIDES IN ORLANDO ? AUTOMATIC CUBAN COFFEE DISPENSER THAT CONTINUESLY FEEDS INTO TELE-TYPE? RESCUE STANDING BY WITH THE PADDLES FOR WHEN WE SWITCH TO B CHANNEL ? JUST DOING MY PART TO GET YOU GUYS SOME TOOLS TO....

12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
...but my initial statment was true. Nobody cares, vent over a situation that has some merrit. Bunch of bubble headed dead wood up and lazy could care less on the street.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that nobody cares. If you don't like it go somewhere else.
Admittedly there are some bobble heads in dispatch but there are also quite a few on the road. Any time you wanna compare brain pans you let me know, we'll see who is dead wood.
LAZY?!?!?!? Are you sick, unless you are one of the 10 officers that actually do something besides sit at fire station #(insert your favorite here) you have no room to talk.

12-17-2007, 11:20 PM
Just Chiming in:

I think almost all of our dispatchers are great. We forget that almost all of the time those with no equipment provided to them will learn far quicker how to adapt then those pampered right from the beginning. I think a lot of us officers forget just how bad the CDC as a hole as been allowed to slip. There are officers here who are vested yet have never seen dispatch properly staffed. We cry when we run short on the road... imagine not being allow to take a pee break for eight hours. Instead of sneaking home ten minutes early every day after taking your forty: you have to wait unit one minute before your shift for the next crew to walk in, all without a break...

I think we need to follow some very basic ideas to begin with: If someone (say a rookie officer or dispatcher) is doing something you don’t like, act like an adult and talk to them about it.
I personally have taken the two seconds to talk to many dispatchers and phone operators about getting the darn call back numbers whether they want to be Mr/Mrs. anonymous or not. Just in case the call turns into the worst case scenario we have it somewhere. A lot of the call takers listened and now do that. Some explained the horse crap "respect peoples anonymity" policy that leads to us not having PC to stop people. Did it change the world? no, sure didn’t but it did alleviate a lot of frustration on both sides and made for a better work environment.
If you read this entire post: Get off the computer and spend time with you family damn it!

O’Doul rules!

P.S. Ill up date my damn CAD when I get back in the Damn car! Get off my back and stop asking!!!

12-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I was really tempted to reply with the oldest thread alive just to change the subject. This dispatch nonsense is getting me ready to jump over board. Call the Coast Guard please, I need a life raft or any other inflatable object that we can talk about in here. Does anyone know where international waters really begin. By the way, there is a serious water shortage here, lets cut back on bathtub usage, or at least respect yourself and remember to never shower alone!

SNL: Good night and have a very pleasant tomorrow.

12-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Why do I do this ? The money is great, the scenary changes and the let me play with explosives.

12-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Now that I've had time to cool off since the beginning of this thread, here are my thoughts.

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

Open this link and then think about how nasty and small-minded we are all being in these threads. It is very disheartening. Think about these men and women who are serving our country, living in harms way 24/7, far from their families and friends. Does it take another 9/11 to make us realize just how fortunate we are to live with the freedoms we have? To have our health? Try to put these things in perspective with what our armed services and their families are living with.

With that being said, you officers, too, put your lives on the line every time you wear the uniform, and I (and others in CDC) realize this and take our roles in your safety with the highest regard. When you are in a possible compromising situation, DON'T use your CAD for teletype inquiries, have us run it. Your priority is your safety, not trying to read the computer responses. I feel that the same holds true with the MDT buttons, however you DO need to communicate your status to us, if not by MDT, then by radio. We don't know if you're 10-97 or cleared a scene unless you communicate with us. We have several units to keep track of, not just one officer. When its busy, even the most seasoned dispatcher can lag behind in CAD, and we may just forgot what that 4th transmission was while trying to input the other ones.

There has always been some type of conflict between Dispatch and the Officers. I think most of it is due to not knowing what each other's responsibilities are. I don't think this apathy is intentional, it just is was it is. I know what you officers do out there, and how your attention is geared towards the situation you're presented with, ultimately your safety and getting the information you need from citizens/suspects, so you can conduct your investigation. Not everyone you speak with is cooperative and some are combative. When you don't answer your radio, I don't think, "oh there's so-and-so ignoring the radio again". My instant thought is that you are in trouble and CAN't answer it. I will do everything I can until you answer. Page your radio, alert tone, send units to your 10-20. We need to know that you are okay.

With the same thought, most officers don't know what we do in dispatch. It can be hours of routine calls, and then a hot call comes in, or one of you on-views something, and the chase is on. When you guys catch the suspect, we in CDC cheer! We feel that we have played a part in you catching the bad guy and are proud of the job that ALL of us have done.
Most of you don't know what we do when there's a priority incident in-progress, you take it for granted that we co-ordinate the incident other agencies, BOLO's, make notifications, etc. While this is going on, other lines are ringing and other calls come in. Its not just "the hot call" for us, its business as usual.

We have many new people upstairs. Some of them may not have the needed instinct to do the job. Only time will tell. We don't have the same extended training that you do, with an academy and the luxury of months with CTO's, nor the staffing for a "shadow" phase. Most of it is on-the-job, and these newbies need the support of not only their co-workers upstairs, but you on the road. A new dispatcher/operator is unsure to begin with, and if they have to deal with an officer who is nasty, it just makes it harder to train them. If an officer is rude on the radio, he or she is the one who should be embarrassed for their unprofessionalism, not the dispatcher. If you think being nasty on the radio makes you a tough guy, we'll you're wrong. You certainly don't earn respect by treating a dispatcher like dirt, and it is a VERY rare instance where a dispatcher will speak with a unit rudely on the radio. Personally, I have NEVER been rude to an officer on the radio. If I have an issue with you, I'll take it on with you in private, and not hide behind the anonymity of an internet bulletin board.

12-18-2007, 02:14 AM
P.S. Ill up date my darn CAD when I get back in the darn car! Get off my back and stop asking!!!

If you have a problem with them asking then take it up with Lt. G. Per Lt. G they are required to ask you to update the MDT because we are all supposed to be getting used to using it. Next year we will be doing silent dispatch and need to become familiar with the system now.

If you don't like them asking, when you transmit say something like, "Can you update my MDT to show me 10-98A?" or, "B34 I'm available radio can you show me 10-98B" or whatever you need them to do for you. They have no problem doing it but you need to tell them if you are still out of the car so they know who will be updating it.

12-18-2007, 05:05 AM
Now I wanna throw something out there, just some food for thought. I do agree that the officers on the road do have a more extensive training program then the dispatchers. Just keep one thing in mind. If you are out on the road and you pull a bone headed move your FTO can pull you aside and say "What the f##k where you thinking !?!" If you are sitting in dispatch and pull a bone headed move on the radio. Sure your CTO can say, "What the f@@k where you thinking !?!" Except that you can't hide your mistakes, it's out there for every officer with a radio to hear. There are some of us that can't hide at all. Most of you can't tell the difference between one dispatcher to the next, but then again some of you can. I got nothing to hide if I mess up, I am big enough to tell you I messed up and the only thing I can offer is this, no excuse and it won't happen again.

12-18-2007, 05:08 AM
I was really tempted to reply with the oldest thread alive just to change the subject. This dispatch nonsense is getting me ready to jump over board. Call the Coast Guard please, I need a life raft or any other inflatable object that we can talk about in here. Does anyone know where international waters really begin. By the way, there is a serious water shortage here, lets cut back on bathtub usage, or at least respect yourself and remember to never shower alone!

I rest my case. God forbid we give a dispatcher some respect huh? Yeah because let me tell you that talking about murphs sexual conquests and b.i.t.c.h.i.n.g. about kk are soooo much more interesting and professional too huh? What a j@ckass.

P.S. Ill up date my darn CAD when I get back in the darn car! Get off my back and stop asking!!!

If you have a problem with them asking then take it up with Lt. G. Per Lt. G they are required to ask you to update the MDT because we are all supposed to be getting used to using it. Next year we will be doing silent dispatch and need to become familiar with the system now.

If you don't like them asking, when you transmit say something like, "Can you update my MDT to show me 10-98A?" or, "B34 I'm available radio can you show me 10-98B" or whatever you need them to do for you. They have no problem doing it but you need to tell them if you are still out of the car so they know who will be updating it.

Flounder I don't know who you are and I don't care. You're making the rest of us dispatchers look worse than we already do. If you wanna tell the officers to refresh their cad so be it. And as far as I have heard the Lt's orders are verbal backed only by a "hot sheet" to follow the other 10,000 that nobody can keep straight. How about this when we receive a unified, clearly written and authorized addition to the g.o's then we'll worry about who's doing what, until then lets just try to keep everybody alive...ok?

12-18-2007, 09:30 AM
That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

You wanna pick on a teletype operator that's stuck sitting in the corner of the room by herself on the Alpha shift? Here's a start, let's talk about the shining example of an Alpha shift officer who is now riding the Desk. This fine veteran of 6 months, who treats everyone like they're crap on the bottom of his shoes, screws up and instead of taking it like a man, lies like a school boy to save his own ass and tries to blame dispatch. Yeah, that's a great example of how some of you think its okay to operate.

Don't throw stones, buddy boy, 'cause they can be lobbed right back at ya.

12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
CDC to Alpha ## - nice job my friend ! Score ten points to you. I think you were trying to say people in glass houses should not throw stones. No matter your point was well made.

12-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Dont worry his daddy will get him out of it...on the FOP's $$

12-18-2007, 08:37 PM
CDC to Alpha ## - nice job my friend ! Score ten points to you. I think you were trying to say people in glass houses should not throw stones. No matter your point was well made.

The subject line for this post reads: People who live in glass houses.
That was exactly what I was saying. Not trying. Using a little literary license to make my statement. Thanks for the kudos.

12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure when this became an "us against them"issue between officers and dispatchers. I do not take my job personally, and never have. I realize that you are dealing with people or issues on the other side of the radio that I cannot see. I also understand that I sometimes give you calls that mess up your agenda for the day. Sorry, nature of the beast.

There are so many issues in dispatch, the least of how dispatchers and officers get along. Why do you think that we have lost the majority of our senior dispatchers within the last couple of years? Did you know that we only have 4 dispatchers that are not on probation? Yes, you heard right. Only 4 dispatchers, not counting the supervisors, and all of them are on Bravo shift.

Let's start with respect. I read on this forum that Alpha shift thought that Joanne and her crew did a great job on the Boo's shooting call. Did you know that at the holiday luncheon, everyone involved including other agencies were commended, with the exception of Dispatch? How about when we first got CAD. A lady was walking her dog on Alpha shift and she noticed a veh burg in progress. She followed the suspects through various complexes. CDC was able to advise k-9 their step by step locations until they were able to catch all 3 suspects. K-9 recieved Officer of the month, well deserved, but dispatch was not even mentioned?? Hmm, isn't how they found them to begin with?? (Also, major kudo's to the lady, of course)

My point here is that the powers that be, do not know or care that we exist. Ask the many dispatchers that left, why? Working conditions? Most of you are aware that we are on mandatory overtime, we cannot leave the building on our breaks (if we get them), and the icing on the cake, on call on the weekends, without compensation. If we try to address these issues inside, we face retaliation. Outside, you're right, no one cares. Unionize? That was tried years back. The unions want all civilian emplyees, dispatch alone does not have the numbers they want, afterall they are a business. Records clerks, secretaries, etc. obviously do not have the same issues that we have.

The four Senior dispatchers would probably leave also however at this point would lose retirement benefits, or they're waiting until they reach 10 years. While a few of the newer dispatchers are doing a decent job, nothing beats experience. Most of them are smart enough to get their education on the City's dime and will them move on to become officers, or persue other careers.

The Cad was is a huge adjustment for all of us. Lets stop pointing fingers and help each other out. I don't have a problem updating your Mdt's, just let me know. I usually have my crystal ball, but not always! It helps us tremendously, when you remember to pre-advise your type of incident before you give us the address and additional info. We need to know where to type before we can put all the info in. I think most of you are doing a great job, and for those of you that try, or don't, we can tell!

Again, we need and want you to support us. You should care about the issues in dispatch because in a round-about-way, they affect you. Until administration becomes pro-dispatch and makes the needed changes, we will continue to lose good people.

12-19-2007, 10:17 AM

I rest my case. God forbid we give a dispatcher some respect huh? Yeah because let me tell you that talking about murphs sexual conquests and b.i.t.c.h.i.n.g. about kk are soooo much more interesting and professional too huh? What a j@ckass.

Flounder I don't know who you are and I don't care. You're making the rest of us dispatchers look worse than we already do. If you wanna tell the officers to refresh their cad so be it. And as far as I have heard the Lt's orders are verbal backed only by a "hot sheet" to follow the other 10,000 that nobody can keep straight. How about this when we receive a unified, clearly written and authorized addition to the g.o's then we'll worry about who's doing what, until then lets just try to keep everybody alive...ok?

Pyro I know you don't care who I am but now you know. Obviously you were thinking I am a dispatcher but I am not. I was trying to tell the other officer (who was *****ing that dispatch asks him to update his MDT) how he can easily alleviate that problem if it bothers him so much.

How is that making you dispatchers look worse? If anything I am sure you know I am very pro-dispatch and always try to relay info to the officers on the road about the workings of dispatch and why certain things are done. This being one of them.

From all the dispatchers I have talked to, my wife included, they all agreed it would be nice if the officers knew why they were asking certain questions and how simple problems can be fixed. Since no one likes to communicate in our police department I took it upon myself to be the sort of dispatch liaison between you guys and the road. Stupid me for trying to make things a little easier for everyone.

O yeah and the last time I checked violating a verbal order by a LT is insubordination.

12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I check this site a couple of times a week, just for a laugh. For the most part I take everything here with a grain of salt. I do not put much thought into the comments that are being said, if you are not big enough to put your name to what you are posting then it really is of no matter to me. I was very glad to see something posted in a positive manner. Whomever you are that praised Alpha Shift by saying Jo Anne and her crew did an great job with the Boo's shooting, thank you very much. You also said that Dorr won officer of the month for cacthing three 21 suspects, the total was more like 5. The night before he grabbed 2 subjects that took off in the Atriums for L & P, one of which was armed with a 0. The point I am attempting to make is this, the reason he was able to get the three subjects the next night was he took an active interest in CAD. He actually came into dispatch after the first night and wanted to see what CAD really could do. I showed him the system and explained it's limitations. Since he took an active interest in it, he was able to use it properly. As for not receiving any praise from the Department is of no matter to me. I was on the radio for both calls. I am not in this for the "at-a-boys" the only thing that mattered was he caught the suspects and he came up and thanked us for the help. My call taker did an outstanding job getting the information from the caller, so needless to say road patrol got oustanding information and was able to arrest all the outstanding suspects. I watch the posts on here moaning and groaning about who should be doing what on their MDT's and it is just laughable. We all were given a multi-million dollar computer system and it will take time for ALL of us to learn it and use it well. It's like anything else you will have those that are against any form of change and will complain about it. We were given direct orders on what we are too do with it, and we are doing our best to comply with those orders. We may complain about some of them but we will follow those orders as best as we can. I am aware that each shift should be on the same page as far as what we do, but I know it is not the case. The shift I work tends to do more for the officers then others on their MDT's and in part I know that we are in a sense spoiling them for the other two. We are working on it just as you guys on the road are working on it. I have made no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I know for myself I would rather do more of the CAD functions then the officers but I have orders on hand and have to follow them. As far as people taking shots at certian people upstairs and airing our dirty laundry for any member of the public to see, well it's just not right. Have you ever heard the expression, you don't know till you have walked a mile in their shoes. I know better then most upstairs as to what you guys on the road go through, as you can tell by my Username. Some of us upstairs do not however, how many of you know what we actually do? If you are not happy with what a dispatcher/call taker is doing please do not hide behind a phony name. Call upstairs and speak to his/her supervisor, it's what they are there for. You have an issue don't let it fall by the wayside and fester. Let us know so we can work on a solution to fix it and make it better. It's a give and take relationship, we don't know unless you tell us. I honestly not care if somebody called my boss and gave some constructive words of advice, if it helps you do your job better let me know. I hate this "us" against "them" attitude. The writing on my shirt says Plantation Police Department just like yours. I am here to support you in your job, all we ask is that you support us in our job. None of us have to work here we chose to work here, there are so many departments that are dying for trained dispatchers. Yes we have a whole slew of new people and they are learning how to do their jobs. It never helps to stop in and see us on a positive note, stop in see the people that have locked away for eight hours with no sun. It helps if you can put a face to a name. It always helps me, we all should afford each other the respect that we deserve. I know we are to treat each person equally but if you get to know the people that are giving you the information and develop a bond with them, those people tend to work harder for you. I end this post by saying this, both of us have stressful jobs, let's not make it any harder by bickering at each other.

12-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Way to go, Jo. Now go to sleep.

12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
As the call taker on your k-9 call, In case you forgot, I am a dispatcher with 18 years of experience, so I'd like to think I got the appropriate information. It also helped that the compl gave kick-a$$ info.I have worked many,many serious calls over the years, from ofc related shootings involving death, to officers seriously injured in explosions. Though I never expect praise from the dept, I am satisfied when the officers respect my work product and I'm happy when everyone goes home safe at the end of the day. I believe the point you missed from "back-on-track" is that moral is low in dispatch and a few positive comments would certainly boost dispatch's image when warranted. Especially when all the other departments were recognized.

12-19-2007, 08:03 PM

[quote="O’Doul rules!":1pwno18f]

Pyro I know you don't care who I am but now you know. Obviously you were thinking I am a dispatcher but I am not. I was trying to tell the other officer (who was *****ing that dispatch asks him to update his MDT) how he can easily alleviate that problem if it bothers him so much.

How is that making you dispatchers look worse? If anything I am sure you know I am very pro-dispatch and always try to relay info to the officers on the road about the workings of dispatch and why certain things are done. This being one of them.

From all the dispatchers I have talked to, my wife included, they all agreed it would be nice if the officers knew why they were asking certain questions and how simple problems can be fixed. Since no one likes to communicate in our police department I took it upon myself to be the sort of dispatch liaison between you guys and the road. Stupid me for trying to make things a little easier for everyone.

O yeah and the last time I checked violating a verbal order by a LT is insubordination.[/quote:1pwno18f]

Sorry, didn't mean to be so immature about the whole post. I should not have assumed that you were a dispatcher however the way it was written it sounded to me like you were one.
That being said, I'm very aware that you are one of the few pro-dispatch officers and I appreciate that greatly. I know that if more officers would simply spend a little time in dispatch or even talk to us this police department would be much better off.
I'm perfectly aware that violating an order verbal or otherwise from anybody superior to myself is insubordination. I realize now that what I said was not what I meant to say. Here is what I meant.
I've never received a direct order from the Lt. I've received several orders from my supervisor as well as my leads and unfortunately they all claim to have been from the Lt. and most are conflicting. For instance, I've been told that we were to request an officer to "update" his/her mdt by one person, then the same day been told to simply wait a moment or two after the transmission and then update it for them. I've had to sign a hot sheet with one policy on it only to have the policy contradicted on the next hot sheet. Ask someone to see the hot sheets, there are literally hundreds of them. I consider myself to be of average inteligence and as yet have been completely and hopelessly confused by this practice. I'm not reccomending nor am I admiting to disobeying a direct order. I'm simply saying that I have no idea what the Lt.s orders are and will do my best until I am given those orders in a clear, concise manner.

12-19-2007, 09:24 PM

Those of us who know the people in dispatch know very well that this was not written by Jo Anne. The writter apparently likes to dance around the concept that "back on track" was trying to make, while throwing himself kudos in the process. For those of us who were not there, perhaps you can explain how a K9 officer's active interest in CAD would help them catch a suspect (aren't they out of their vehicle?). If the dispatcher is correctly doing their job and updating the officer with the suspects location, then there is absolutely no need for the K9 officer to even be using their MDT. We get the point that YOU were the one who helped him learn how the CAD system works in dispatch. We get the point that YOU were an explorer so you know exactly where the officers are coming from. The point I don't get is the "airing our dirty laundry" statement. You of all people know that you are always airing out the laundry. In your position it is imperative that you keep certain information to yourself and not try to be everyone's friend. Just some advice... you can take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

12-20-2007, 04:08 AM

Those of us who know the people in dispatch know very well that this was not written by Jo Anne. The writter apparently likes to dance around the concept that "back on track" was trying to make, while throwing himself kudos in the process. For those of us who were not there, perhaps you can explain how a K9 officer's active interest in CAD would help them catch a suspect (aren't they out of their vehicle?). If the dispatcher is correctly doing their job and updating the officer with the suspects location, then there is absolutely no need for the K9 officer to even be using their MDT. We get the point that YOU were the one who helped him learn how the CAD system works in dispatch. We get the point that YOU were an explorer so you know exactly where the officers are coming from. The point I don't get is the "airing our dirty laundry" statement. You of all people know that you are always airing out the laundry. In your position it is imperative that you keep certain information to yourself and not try to be everyone's friend. Just some advice... you can take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

I don't know if you're correct. :?: The Explorer2 person you're talking about wasn't working in dispatch the night of the Boos shooting.

12-21-2007, 03:46 PM
[quote="Alpha## to CDC":2rgr2piw]That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

You wanna pick on a teletype operator that's stuck sitting in the corner of the room by herself on the Alpha shift? Here's a start, let's talk about the shining example of an Alpha shift officer who is now riding the Desk. This fine veteran of 6 months, who treats everyone like they're crap on the bottom of his shoes, screws up and instead of taking it like a man, lies like a school boy to save his own ass and tries to blame dispatch. Yeah, that's a great example of how some of you think its okay to operate.

Don't throw stones, buddy boy, 'cause they can be lobbed right back at ya.[/quote:2rgr2piw]

That shut you guys up. Musta been the Desk jockey (or his friends) making all those person-specific nasty comments.

12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
[quote="CDC to Alpha ##":3oa7st8b][quote="Alpha## to CDC":3oa7st8b]That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

Don't throw stones, buddy boy, 'cause they can be lobbed right back at ya.[/quote:3oa7st8b]

That shut you guys up. Musta been the Desk jockey (or his friends) making all those person-specific nasty comments.[/quote:3oa7st8b]

Its still no excuse. we dont care whos riding the desk. Thats not to you by the way to judge.. God forbid we ask teletype to do their job!!

12-23-2007, 02:26 AM
[quote="CDC to Alpha ##":2e60ghf6][quote="Alpha## to CDC":2e60ghf6]That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

That shut you guys up. Musta been the Desk jockey (or his friends) making all those person-specific nasty comments.[/quote:2e60ghf6]

Its still no excuse. we dont care whos riding the desk. Thats not to you by the way to judge.. God forbid we ask teletype to do their job!![/quote:2e60ghf6]

Then maybe you shouldn't judge the dispatcher, hypocrite

12-23-2007, 03:00 AM
Who let the dogs out? Yea this makes sense! Dispatcher smacking cops, cops trashing dispatchers...this is real productive!

12-23-2007, 03:50 PM
[quote="CDC to Alpha ##":1ove56li][quote="Alpha## to CDC":1ove56li]That's how it normaly goes when I need to run somebody. When that person does finally answer it usually with utter disgust and distain. 23 one let me get back to where I belong. Lose RP and it's a start, and let me run whatever I want up front.

That shut you guys up. Musta been the Desk jockey (or his friends) making all those person-specific nasty comments.

Its still no excuse. we dont care whos riding the desk. Thats not to you by the way to judge.. God forbid we ask teletype to do their job!![/quote:1ove56li]

Then maybe you shouldn't judge the dispatcher, hypocrite[/quote:1ove56li]

Call it what you will. I'll keep chasing bad guys while ur arse gets bigger in that chair!

12-23-2007, 06:06 PM
As a long time resident of the City of Plantation none of this looks very flattering to me. If there is so much in fighting at the Police Department who is looking out for the citizens ?

12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
As a long time resident of the City of Plantation none of this looks very flattering to me. If there is so much in fighting at the Police Department who is looking out for the citizens ?

As a long time veteran in Communications, let me assure you that Plantation DOES have one of the best police department's around. My apologies to you that along with these posts stating that officer safety is our highest priority, so is CITIZEN safety. Up in Communications, we ARE trained and DO get the emergency calls out to the officers and paramedics/fire department within SECONDS of receiving the calls. I would say that our arrest rate is very high in catching the criminals in crimes that are in-progress or just occured. We could not do that without the help of the alert citizens that call us. The officers and dispatchers want to catch the "bad guys" and lock them up and we are trained to help keep you safe while we do this.

This in-fighting is more like sibling rivalry. Its unfortunate that we children are fighting in public. Yes, we do have some employees that are difficult to work with, and yes,there is some management that doesn't look out for their employees, but this in no way compromises our belief and actions in protecting you.

12-23-2007, 11:17 PM
Thank you for addressing my worries, I shall sleep better at night knowing somebody knows what they are doing.

12-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Thank you for addressing my worries, I shall sleep better at night knowing somebody knows what they are doing.

Dont worry, your farm animals and horses are safe at night in the acres.

12-24-2007, 11:38 AM

If I was a Plantation resident reading these boards, I, too, would be questioning the professionalism of the PPD, as exhibited by the comments in these boards. This citizen's family and property deserve the same protection as yours or mine. No need to be snide to someone voicing their thoughts in this public forum.

12-25-2007, 01:48 AM
[quote="North Acres":yuljuzyq]Thank you for addressing my worries, I shall sleep better at night knowing somebody knows what they are doing.

If I was a Plantation resident reading these boards, I, too, would be questioning the professionalism of the PPD, as exhibited by the comments in these boards. This citizen's family and property deserve the same protection as yours or mine. No need to be snide to someone voicing their thoughts in this public forum.[/quote:yuljuzyq]
Whatever!

12-27-2007, 02:44 PM
God forbid we ask teletype to do their job!!

No one here has posted that teletype isn't doing their job. If this person that you seem to have a problem with isn't running your requests and giving you the 43, then you need to bring it to the attention of that person's supervisor who can address your issue. If you won't, then quit your attacks.

12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
It seemed this issue died until CDC reopened it 3 days later. Let it die.

12-30-2007, 02:13 AM
dispatch is a joke, they gonna get one of us killed! Im scared to come into work.

12-30-2007, 03:55 AM
dispatch is a joke, they gonna get one of us killed! Im scared to come into work.
if you depend on dispatch then i see why your afraid to come to work.Your suppose to listen to the raido and back up other offisers , instead of waiting to be called!!!! dumb azz!!!

12-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Instead of being titled Oh yeah we left them in the moldy building, it should be: "Oh yeah, we left them in the building while it was being exterminated for termites on a Saturday so no one else would breathe in the poison" Other agencies move their dispatchers out of the building and forward their phones. Nope, our department left their dispatchers in the building while everyone else who works in the building was told before they left on Friday to cover their desks and their belongings.

12-31-2007, 07:34 AM
And you carry a gun ???????????

12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
And you carry a gun ???????????Shut up! I carry yo momma's Phone number in my nextel too!

12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Instead of being titled Oh yeah we left them in the moldy building, it should be: "Oh yeah, we left them in the building while it was being exterminated for termites on a Saturday so no one else would breathe in the poison" Other agencies move their dispatchers out of the building and forward their phones. Nope, our department left their dispatchers in the building while everyone else who works in the building was told before they left on Friday to cover their desks and their belongings.So, are you telling me that all the dispatchers died on saturday from inhaling the poison? If that is not the case the STFU! Complainer!

12-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Instead of being titled Oh yeah we left them in the moldy building, it should be: "Oh yeah, we left them in the building while it was being exterminated for termites on a Saturday so no one else would breathe in the poison" Other agencies move their dispatchers out of the building and forward their phones. Nope, our department left their dispatchers in the building while everyone else who works in the building was told before they left on Friday to cover their desks and their belongings.So, are you telling me that all the dispatchers died on saturday from inhaling the poison? If that is not the case the STFU! Complainer!

You must have been the captain of your debate team in high school. Your ability to state your position is quite impressive. The "shut the f&%k up" adds quite a nice touch to your presentation and definately adds to your credibility.

12-31-2007, 10:49 PM

You must have been the captain of your debate team in high school. Your ability to state your position is quite impressive. The "shut the f&%k up" adds quite a nice touch to your presentation and definately adds to your credibility.

What a bunch of crybabies!!!!! Shut up, dispatch the call and keep getting BIGGER! we dont care about your thread. who cares

01-01-2008, 09:59 PM

You must have been the captain of your debate team in high school. Your ability to state your position is quite impressive. The "shut the f&%k up" adds quite a nice touch to your presentation and definately adds to your credibility.No, I was the captain of yo mommas vagina in high school. She molested me and I have never been the same! :cry:

01-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Mother of God ! What in the name of all things Holy ! Can you please just let it die !

01-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Mother of God ! What in the name of all things Holy ! Can you please just let it die !

haha!! Breath in deeply. ah do ya feel the goodness in that moldy section. can we all say cancer causing mold spores??????

01-04-2008, 09:12 PM
All I have to say is that I am glad I was not working that day they were fumigating the building. Thank you Sgt for scheduling that accordingly.

01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
All I have to say is that I am glad I was not working that day they were fumigating the building. Thank you Sgt for scheduling that accordingly.

Yep. It was planned that way so that the least amount of people would be exposed. They handed out cheap paper masks for dispatch to wear. Like you can't smell a fart through one of those. :lol:

01-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey, can you please pass along this message to one of your reserve dispatchers/wanna be fire marshal (he should be able to figure out I'm talking about him)

Just because your ****y a$$ has a phd doesn't mean you can go hooking up with a deputy's girlfriend, so watch it next time buddy.

01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey, can you please pass along this message to one of your reserve dispatchers/wanna be fire marshal (he should be able to figure out I'm talking about him)

Just because your ****y a$$ has a phd doesn't mean you can go hooking up with a deputy's girlfriend, so watch it next time buddy.

JLB has a PHD ??? :roll:

01-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Bso, keep your threats on your own site a$$hole. You got a problem deal wit it man to man. This site is for us. We can fight among ourselves, that's our right, but you but out jerkoff. Besides, deputies in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

01-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Maybe if the BSO 10-37 could work it right, she would not have hooked up with DJ JLB. Good for you JLB, and oh by the way K9-2 still says, "Shut Up!"

01-07-2008, 05:18 AM
Maybe if the BSO 10-37 could work it right, she would not have hooked up with DJ JLB. Good for you JLB, and oh by the way K9-2 still says, "Shut Up!"

Classy statement, well done I guess its a proud thing when your banging another guys woman. how about she's a s.l.u.t. ?

01-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Oh right, like now all of a sudden BSO deputies are the morale majority. You guys and gals at SO are soooooo pure, you can point the finger at Plantation dispatchers. What did the SO guy/girl have going for them if a so called "dispatcher reserve" could steal them away from their partner in the first place. Losers.....

01-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Who dat is ? What the h@ll is going on up in this mofo ? I was just talking to Craig n dem it could have been worse she could have been shacking up with my babies momma sister first cousin Dontavious

01-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Who dat is ? What the h@ll is going on up in this mofo ? I was just talking to Craig n dem it could have been worse she could have been shacking up with my babies momma sister first cousin Dontavious

Is your question, "who dat is?" asking who the dispatcher is? Can't really make heads or tails of your comment, Chartavious. :lol:
JLB's a good guy. I don't think he'd be with a girl unless she was in the final stages of her relationship with the deputy.

01-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Plantation PD is just a big orgy. sgts and officers sleeping around with eachother like there is no tomorrow. Too bad we cant keep it in house, so BSO 1037 doesnt have to get victimized by our bordello.

01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
[quote="Long Term Illness":qfmbebhh]All I have to say is that I am glad I was not working that day they were fumigating the building. Thank you Sgt for scheduling that accordingly.

Yep. It was planned that way so that the least amount of people would be exposed. They handed out cheap paper masks for dispatch to wear. Like you can't smell a fart through one of those. :lol:[/quote:qfmbebhh]I cant believe you still complaining! STFU and dispatch! Stop Whining. Go to dispatch at BSO if PPD treating you so bad. I swear, just a bunch of little girls up there. Wimps.

01-10-2008, 10:57 PM
They gave you all 12 hour shifts ??? too many dispatchers quit ??

01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow...we have some nasty comments to each other. Officer vs. officer and dispatcher vs. dispatcher. Maybe we should all sit down together and have Dr. Phil mediate our issues since we can't communicate ,like adults, and solve our own issues. Maybe if we are lucky, Bravo shift will share their, what seems almost weekly, luncheons with all of us during this meeting. Oh, I am sorry, would be mean that you actually do something for the other 2 shifts _ _ ? Being on the road, we need to get along with each other before one of does not go home to our families.

01-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Wow...we have some nasty comments to each other. Officer vs. officer and dispatcher vs. dispatcher. Maybe we should all sit down together and have Dr. Phil mediate our issues since we can't communicate ,like adults, and solve our own issues. Maybe if we are lucky, Bravo shift will share their, what seems almost weekly, luncheons with all of us during this meeting. Oh, I am sorry, would be mean that you actually do something for the other 2 shifts _ _ ? Being on the road, we need to get along with each other before one of does not go home to our families.
Thanks Phil, now there are some advance writing classes held at BCC.. go check it out.

01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
why don't you go check out applications for other cities. a$$.

Thanks Phil, now there are some advance writing classes held at BCC.. go check it out.

Andy Pipkin
01-29-2008, 02:21 AM
Do you think a mass meeting of the minds would do anything? It would just turn into one huge sh*t sandwhich and we would all take a bite. That's the trouble with wishes, sometimes they do come true. Anybody hungry ?

01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
why don't you go check out applications for other cities. a$$.
Cant biatch Im in the drop!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!! eat that!

03-24-2008, 11:41 PM
what is wrong with our spelling??