PDA

View Full Version : Medicaid fraud unit ?

12-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey, can someone advise what the Medicaid unit does, starting pay, and bennies. I'm retiring soon from the county and I'm interested thanks in advance.

12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Medicaid fraud investigates Doctors, Hospitals, and other health care providers who defraud the Medicaid system. It's paper intensive and you hardly ever get to shoot anyone. It can be pretty complicated. The bennefits are the typical state package: health insurance, vacation, sick time, I think 10 paid holidays.

12-16-2007, 03:46 AM
I noticed that your office is/was hiring for the cyber crime unit and medicaid fraud.

Coming from a state agency where we do not have different units, I was wondering if you are hired into one unit, are you able to transfer into other units after putting your time in?

For example, if I was hired into the cyber crimes unit and hated it , is it possible to transfer into medicaid fraud after a year or two?

Also, are there any other units than the two mentioned above?

Thanks.

P.S Those of you who work in these units, what would you say are the strong and weak points of each unit.

12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
Do you get a state car, equipment, weapon etc, what about o.t., are you " at will" employee or do you have union? please provide any info. thanks again

Rotten Herman
12-17-2007, 01:32 AM
In Medicaid fraud you get a car, firearm, the usual police equipment, and they also outfit you with some 511 pants and shirts etc. The car can only be used for work related stuff. Day is a 9 hour day counting your unpaid lunch hour.

12-17-2007, 03:14 AM
they give you all that stuff and then you go out and ask a real police agency do all the work for you

Rotten Herman
12-17-2007, 03:51 AM
they give you all that stuff and then you go out and ask a real police agency do all the work for you

Really? This is the first I've heard of this. Praytell, what is the name of that real police agency? What stupid-ass thing to say.

12-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, some real police officer who can not write a search warrant or doesn't know what a RICO Specified Unlawful Activity is!

Menace
12-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Or write out a speeding ticket without errors! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
So Herman would you say that the medicaid unit is a decent place to work compared to similar state positions, like ABT or Insurance fraud ?

Rotten Herman
01-05-2008, 02:15 AM
HEY HEY I'm baack! Sorry it took so long for my response. I'd say Medicaid Fraud is not traditional LE job. The environment is pleasant for the most part. The job is what you make of it.

01-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Herman is it safe to asume that you work for the medicaid unit or know someone there? thanks for input.

01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
How much is your medical insurance and what company do you use?