PDA

View Full Version : Police Car Towed

12-15-2007, 06:25 AM
Now this is just plain STUPID.

GRESHAM, Ore. -- A tow truck driver tried to tow a police car from an apartment complex early Thursday morning, according to the Gresham Police Department.

Police said officers responded to the Kempton Downs apartments on a domestic disturbance call, reported KPTV in Portland, Ore.

When Officer Tyson Conroy returned to his patrol car, he noticed a tow truck driver had hooked up another officer's marked car to the truck, according to police.

Officer Tom Pohlman said he was surprised to see his car hooked up to the truck.

"I asked him, 'What are you doing?" Pohlman said. "And he said I was parked in a fire lane."

Steven Syverson, 32, was ordered to release the car. He eventually did, but police said he otherwise refused to cooperate with them.

Syverson locked himself in the tow truck and then called his dispatchers, asking them to call police, according to officers.

Police said the towing company's manager eventually showed up and talked Syverson into surrendering to officers.

Gary Coe, the owner of the towing company, said Syverson was having personal problems. But he said he was a good employee.

"He obviously lacked common sense," Coe said. "It's not something you train (them for); (you) don't tow police cars."

Syverson was arrested on charges of unlawful use of a vehicle, obstructing governmental administration, interfering with an officer and criminal mischief. :idea:

12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I love it. The cops are there and he gets on the phone and calls 911.. What a baboon.

12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Guess he thought a few co-workers of the upset officer would come to the scene and rescue him from getting a beat down when he opened that door. They needed that "auto ejector" pepperspray system to gas him out. Just stick the needle through the weatherstriping and give him some air freshener.