PDA

View Full Version : Dept Meeting

12-14-2007, 02:50 AM
What do you all think about calling a Department Meeting. Invite the Command staff and all the Officers. Open discussion. Gets the truth and everyones concerns out in the open. No hiding, no bullsh**. Keep it organized and respectful. Voice the concerns and find out about the departments future. Anyone think it is possible?

12-14-2007, 03:14 AM
If the people at the top dont care it will not work. Look who muzzles safe streets. All they do is have BS meetings and get told how to do their jobs by someone that never workled the road. Its like a mini IBP. IBP is a joke and a waste of our time. Whoever came up with it must be a nerd.

Uniform352
12-14-2007, 03:22 AM
I think it's a good idea but simply put.....IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Why you ask....well the meeting itself may happen but people will not voice what they truly want/feel out of fear and mistrust. If you had a meeting with 100 people there would be 100 different views and wants. There's no way that everyone can be made happy. Command staff will never make everyone happy because everyone wants something different so it's an impposible task. Just ask around about what someone thinks the top 10 things are and the things or the order of the things will be different to what you think. Some people are content and comfortable with the way things are while others want change. When something changes that means someone who was secure with the way the things were will now be uncomfortable so now they're unhappy. As I said you can't make everyone happy.

The saying of the day is:

Be proud of your ink, it's in your blood!

12-14-2007, 03:36 AM
Well said, However if we put the right people in charge on the road we will at least see some positive changes. The ones on the road now are not doing very well and stop the real cops from doing police work. If they let us do our jobs and stop the micro managing (666) we might be able to prevent crime. Maybe we can vote them off the island (road lol).

We need proactive commanders not back stabbers!!

Jump123
12-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Well said, However if we put the right people in charge on the road we will at least see some positive changes. The ones on the road now are not doing very well and stop the real cops from doing police work. If they let us do our jobs and stop the micro managing (666) we might be able to prevent crime. Maybe we can vote them off the island (road lol).

We need proactive commanders not back stabbers!!

You are also forgetting Joey and his sidekick BG. Those two micro manage the S#!T out of the road officers, and they use their road sgts as their lackys to perform their own agenda. I have never heard of a Capt, or shift supervisor pick where everyone is going to go instead of allowing the Sgts and Officers pick where they want to go based on seniority. Hey Joey let your sgts do their job. Thats the only way they are going to learn.

12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Maybe a suggestion box, like they had in roll call @ 8915. Then you could put letters in their anonymously without fear of retaliation. Just a suggestion.

12-15-2007, 06:42 AM
There was a suggestion box at the old PD??? How did it work? Did the suggestions ever get followed up. Any changes for the good come out of it? :?: :?:

12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
Maybe someone could drop the suggestion to allow tactical vests for road patrol in there one day when it becomes available.

12-18-2007, 12:22 AM
there was a suggestion box at the old pd. i believe it was primarily used as a coffee rest for 1 or 2 of the 3 or 4 officers who noiced it. it was in roll call and i'm pretty sure it was not something the admin knew about. :roll:

12-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Just write your legit gripes on here. You know the admin reads this on a daily basis. Atleast get them out in the open. The box at 8915 was as useful as Grace! Or Febro for that matter.

Merry Christmas to all!

12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
What!!!! Are you one of the guys that I missed and now you are mad at me? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat! Dont be hatin on the Coops!

01-04-2008, 11:24 PM
whoever the asshole is thats using my name your nothing but a coward
so keep your shit out of my life i never heard of this site till someone called to let me know :evil:
THE REAL COOPS