PDA

View Full Version : ''The officer did everything according to procedure,''

12-13-2007, 12:49 AM
After a Taser stun didn't work, a Miami police officer shot a ''deranged'' man in the shoulder during a brawl inside a Burger King on Wednesday night, authorities said.

Both were taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in stable condition.

The unnamed officer was treated for a ''nasty bruise on his forehead,'' Miami Chief John Timoney said. The man's shoulder wound was ''not life-threatening,'' Timoney said.

At 5:15 p.m., dispatchers got a call from the Burger King at 1700 Biscayne Blvd.

A shirtless man had entered, robbing customers' food, exposing himself and ''acting in a deranged manner,'' Timoney said.

A Miami police officer arrived, calling for back-up. Near the front counter, he ordered the man to the floor.

The man complied briefly, but got up again.

The officer shot his Taser stun gun. The prongs hit but the weapon had no effect, Timoney said.

A witness, Marc Jackson, told The Miami Herald the man pulled the prongs out.

''The officer did everything according to procedure,'' Timoney said.

In the ensuing scuffle, the officer believed the man was reaching for his gun. The cop shot him before he could.

Witnesses and an early review of surveillance video corroborates the officer's story, Timoney said.

''It was last resort,'' he said of the shooting.

12-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow and the chief supported this? Maybe he aint that bad after all?

12-13-2007, 02:23 AM
shoot those bakers. thank Glock the officer is okay, and thank Taser for making a product that works when it wants too.

12-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Wow and the chief supported this? Maybe he ain't that bad after all?

Timoney is a cretin, he speaks out of both side of his mouth, depending how the comment will benefit him! DON'T TRUST HIM!

12-13-2007, 03:00 AM
The fact that the baker isn't at the M E proves we need more range time. And tasers don't always put them down. Seen one incident where a baker spun around and knocked the taser out of the cops hands after he used it. And that one was working. thank God our cop isn't in ICU.

12-13-2007, 03:02 AM

And maybe elephants will fly someday too. T$ just got a no confidence vote of 80%. What do you think he would say? DUH

12-13-2007, 03:17 AM
The fact that the baker isn't at the M E proves we need more range time. And tasers don't always put them down. Seen one incident where a baker spun around and knocked the taser out of the cops hands after he used it. And that one was working. thank God our cop isn't in ICU.

Hear, hear! Next time, and certainly there will be too many next times, two officers should respond to this type call, one to deploy the TASER, the other ready to deploy lethal ordinance should the TASER fail.

12-13-2007, 03:39 AM

No choice twenty witnesses of every race and a survailence video thats what it takes

12-13-2007, 03:44 AM

Hear, hear! Next time, and certainly there will be too many next times, two officers should respond to this type call, one to deploy the TASER, the other ready to deploy lethal ordinance should the TASER fail.

No quarterbacking folks sometimes your steps from the scene and your backup is five minutes away you never know! nothing is text book

our worksheets should be fifty 15's and 0 35's sorry commander

12-13-2007, 05:10 AM
who is the officer? is he ok?

12-13-2007, 06:00 AM
who is the officer? is he ok? It was a officer who did a great job while bystanders in BK did nothing. Great job sorry I arrived to late to help, I'm glad he is going to be ok.

12-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Hear, hear! Next time, and certainly there will be too many next times, two officers should respond to this type call, one to deploy the TASER, the other ready to deploy lethal ordinance should the TASER fail. AMEN to that!!!!

12-13-2007, 03:05 PM
the ofc was a central midnight patrol guy and he was released from cedars last night he will be qru

12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
WHO DAMIT WHO?

12-14-2007, 02:22 AM
WHO DAMIT WHO?

yeahhhhhh who was it, I was off too

12-14-2007, 02:23 AM
who is the officer? is he ok? It was a officer who did a great job while bystanders in BK did nothing. Great job sorry I arrived to late to help, I'm glad he is going to be ok.

as usual, they enjoy the "show" and nobody aids us! but the question was, who is the officer!

12-14-2007, 02:56 AM
It was ofc. DON'T POST HIS NAME!

12-14-2007, 11:14 PM
If the press gave out his name, why not here? All police reports are public record and if anyone wants the name they can have it by paying records for the copies.

12-15-2007, 06:57 PM
If the press gave out his name, why not here? All police reports are public record and if anyone wants the name they can have it by paying records for the copies.Then we sujest you wait in line monday 8/5 records

12-15-2007, 07:05 PM
They aren't public record till the investigation is closed......ITS NOT CLOSED!!

12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Please, I'm a bit slow. What is there to investigate? Subject under arrest in ward D. Chief already said it was a QRU shooting. Investigating ?

12-16-2007, 03:51 AM
should of unloaded all 15 in that p.o.s. hope the ofc gets better
and all those slugs in that rest that didnt help him should get robbed and beat to death

12-16-2007, 03:57 AM
and all those slugs in that rest that didnt help him should get robbed and beat to death he did a great job and used good judgment he used just enough force to stop the subject 15 rounds could have hit a bystander there where kids and lots of people there! k maybe a double tap

12-18-2007, 01:08 AM
and all those slugs in that rest that didnt help him should get robbed and beat to death he did a great job and used good judgment he used just enough force to stop the subject 15 rounds could have hit a bystander there where kids and lots of people there! k maybe a double tap
i agree but the fact reamins that a dozen ppl saw the beating and no one jumped in. thats just a disgrace

12-18-2007, 03:15 AM
[quote="just looking":i6k46hmx]should of unloaded all 15 in that p.o.s. hope the ofc gets better
i agree but the fact reamins that a dozen ppl saw the beating and no one jumped in. thats just a disgrace[/quote:i6k46hmx]

Wake up! Ordinary people are generally cowards and will not jump in to help a police officer! We are on are own; that is why a 15 is a sacred signal, do not forget it!

12-18-2007, 05:48 PM
[quote="just looking":no6b6s1p]should of unloaded all 15 in that p.o.s. hope the ofc gets better
i agree but the fact reamins that a dozen ppl saw the beating and no one jumped in. thats just a disgrace

Wake up! Ordinary people are generally cowards and will not jump in to help a police officer! We are on are own; that is why a 15 is a sacred signal, do not forget it![/quote:no6b6s1p]I thought it was a signal 35

12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
[quote="just looking":1l0kt0l7]should of unloaded all 15 in that p.o.s. hope the ofc gets better
i agree but the fact reamins that a dozen ppl saw the beating and no one jumped in. thats just a disgrace[/quote:1l0kt0l7]

I saw a LEO pull over a car load of street thugs once I drove my car around and stayed behind the officer's vehicle just incase anyone ran or tried to put a fight, and was told by the officer to get the F&ck out before he'd throw me in jail for obstruction. I told him that I was just backing him up until someone else showed up. He told me to F-off, so maybe now you might understand the other side of the story why people may be hesitant to help. Because we don't know if we'll end up in cuffs ourselves.

12-18-2007, 06:59 PM
[quote=1greatjob][quote="just looking":18fajxi3]should of unloaded all 15 in that p.o.s. hope the ofc gets better
i agree but the fact reamins that a dozen ppl saw the beating and no one jumped in. thats just a disgrace[/quote:18fajxi3]

I saw a LEO pull over a car load of street thugs once I drove my car around and stayed behind the officer's vehicle just incase anyone ran or tried to put a fight, and was told by the officer to get the F&ck out before he'd throw me in jail for obstruction. I told him that I was just backing him up until someone else showed up. He told me to F-off, so maybe now you might understand the other side of the story why people may be hesitant to help. Because we don't know if we'll end up in cuffs ourselves.[/quote:18fajxi3] I guarantee that this is not the norm, when officers are stopping subjetcs there sense of sorrounding is multiplied. We dont know peoples intentions so dont take the incident to heart. Staying at a safe distance about half a block would have been good with your cell phone handy. Again we dont know what the officer was investigating and when dealing with crimminals our vocabulary sometimes changes. God bless you for stopping your intentions were good and Happy Holidays

12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
twice I have had citizens aid me. One in a foot chase and the other the manager of Denny's stood in front of the 35's friends keeping them from joining the fight. Each time at first I thought they were on the other side, but was found out otherwise. But 99.9% of the time it will be a cop who comes to help. John Q Public if your very lucky might call the station.

12-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Any word why the tazer didn't perform as designed? Faulty what?

12-22-2007, 05:35 AM

if it was city issued it was faulty

12-22-2007, 06:11 AM

if it was city issued it was faulty

IF IT'S FAULTY, Taser has lawyers and money. Get a lawyer, and get their money. But it has to be defective.

12-23-2007, 06:17 AM
the tazer is great....i used it the other day, i beat some guy over the head with it 3-4 time and he knocked right the **** out....completely immobilized....kudoz tazer int'l.....

12-23-2007, 03:03 PM
i used it to help out a stranded motorist, they needed a jumpstart and poof it worked, thanks taser