PDA

View Full Version : Applying

12-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm submitting an application and taking the required tests. I'm looking for some opinions on the agency and working for them. Personally, I have never heard anything negative, and in fact I hear you guys got your act together over there. So let's have it, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks, be safe

12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
You must be applying to a lot of agencies. I seem to remember the exact question formated the same way on several other threads. But anyways, this is good agency to work for. Starting pay as of Jan 1, is 40,00 plus incentives. Contact Sgt. Mohaupt, he is in charge of recruiting at the Punta Gorda Police Dept.

12-12-2007, 11:17 PM
You must be applying to a lot of agencies. I seem to remember the exact question formated the same way on several other threads. But anyways, this is good agency to work for. Starting pay as of Jan 1, is 40,00 plus incentives. Contact Sgt. Mohaupt, he is in charge of recruiting at the Punta Gorda Police Dept.

Correct, I've been throwing several "feelers" out there to agencies I have heard good things about. Thanks for the advice. Watch your 6.

12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
We work 12 hour shifts. One week you work 2 days the other you work 5. Take home cars. We have MDT's.
All issued equipment, incluiding nextel. Annual uniform and shoe allowance.
Retirement: Vetsed at 5 years. 70% at 20 years, can collect at age 41. Additional 3% for every year after 20 or you can do the drop program. We also have the buy back program, up to 5 years.
Specialty units include. Marine, Dive,Bike,CIS,FTO,SRO. The road is the place to be.
Salary is $40,000 come Jan 1. We are part of the PBA for our union. %6 annual increase.
Our agency is not political. The more you do the better. There is plenty of time to do traffic or play around it the dope area. Calls for service this years so far this year is approx 13,500.

You can visit us on the city of punta gorda web page, then click on the police dept.

12-13-2007, 12:24 AM
We work 12 hour shifts. One week you work 2 days the other you work 5. Take home cars. We have MDT's.
Retirement: Vetsed at 5 years. 70% at 20 years, can collect at age 41. Additional 3% for every year after 20 or you can do the drop program. We also have the buy back program, up to 5 years.
Specialty units include. Marine, Dive,Bike,CIS,FTO,SRO. The road is the place to be.
Salary is $40,000 come Jan 1. We are part of the PBA for our union. %6 annual increase.
Our agency is not political. The more you do the better. There is plenty of time to do traffic or play around it the dope area. Calls for service this years so far this year is approx 13,500.

You can visit us on the city of punta gorda web page, then click on the police dept.

Excellent information, thank you. I do a lot of traffic enforcement and narcotics enforcement, so I'm glad to hear there is plenty of time to be proactive.

12-13-2007, 12:52 AM

Excellent information, thank you. I do a lot of traffic enforcement and narcotics enforcement, so I'm glad to hear there is plenty of time to be proactive.

okay, who are you??????

12-13-2007, 01:00 AM

okay, who are you??????

Uh-oh...why? Am I getting taken for a ride? Someone trying to sell me a bridge?

12-13-2007, 01:25 AM

okay, who are you??????

Uh-oh...why? Am I getting taken for a ride? Someone trying to sell me a bridge?

12-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Like anything else in life, it is what you make of it.

12-13-2007, 11:19 PM
I would suggest you do real research, If you are going to decide wich agency to work for by looking at this web site then you are an idiot.

12-14-2007, 12:53 AM
I would suggest you do real research, If you are going to decide wich agency to work for by looking at this web site then you are an idiot.

I'm not making the decision to apply based solely on this website. Thanks for the kind words. Take care

12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
you have not heard anything negative yet, but if you get a job at the PGPD negative is all that your gonna hear. Oh and if your not certified dont bother the city is poor right now and prob wont pay for your school.

12-21-2007, 01:27 AM
Don't mind gonesoon. Hopefully he'll be gone soon.

12-21-2007, 03:43 PM
you have not heard anything negative yet, but if you get a job at the PGPD negative is all that your gonna hear. Oh and if your not certified dont bother the city is poor right now and prob wont pay for your school.

Haaa what an idiot. Where did you get this information. The city is poor? are you kidding me. Obvioulsy you havent been to Punta Gorda. Punta Gorda PD prefers persons that are certified. Although its not mandatory. The dept is strong, the pay and bennefits are great.