PDA

View Full Version : Jailers?

12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Any jailers in here?

12-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Why do you want to know?
Are you a civillian ?
Do you really think you will get an answer to your question in the way you posed it?

12-12-2007, 12:53 PM
How does one become a jail guard?

12-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Apply

12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Collier County jailers!!!
Very best jailers!!!!!!!

veteranrookie
12-13-2007, 06:37 PM
How does one become a jail guard?

Visit our website at www.colliersheriff.org (http://www.colliersheriff.org) for more information.

12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
GIVE US 8) 8) SOME RESPECT. A LOT OF LEOS STARTED OUT IN THE JAIL.

YOU SOUND LIKE AN INMATE CALLING THEM JAILERS.

A GUARD WORKS AT WACKENHUT OR KENT.

A JAIL DEPUTY IS A CERTIFIED OFFICER.

I AM BOTH AND PROUD OF IT.

12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
You are a security guard as well??

12-14-2007, 04:59 PM
The Forgotten Cop

What would the average citizen say if it were proposed that Police Officers be assigned to a neighborhood which was inhabited by no one but criminals and those Officers would be unarmed, patrol on foot and be heavily outnumbered? I wager that the overwhelming public response would be that the Officers would have to be crazy to accept such an assignment. However, as you read this, such a scenario is being played out in all areas of the country, maybe right here in your own neighborhood.

We are Correctional Officers. Not Guards. (Guards are people who watch school crossings.) We work at minimum, medium and maximum security Correctional Facilities. We are empowered by the Federal/State Government to enforce its Penal Laws, rules and regulations of the Prisons. In short, we are Policemen. Our beat is totally inhabited by convicted felons, who, by definition, are people who tend to break laws, rules and regulations. We are outnumbered by as many as 105 to 1 at various times of our workday, and, contrary to popular belief, we work without a sidearm. In short, our necks are on the line every minute of every day.

A Correctional Facility is a very misunderstood environment. The average person has very little knowledge of its workings.

Society sends its criminals to Correctional Facilities. As time passes, the gravity of each criminal’s crime fades from memory. The collective prison population becomes hordes of “bad” people who are warehoused away from decent society to be punished for what they’ve done, and so that they can cause no further harm to law-abiding citizens. The prevailing notion is that prison inmates cease to be a problem while they are incarcerated. Wrong!

Correctional Facilities are full of violence perpetrated by the prison population against the prison population and facility staff. Felonies are committed daily, but rarely reported. They are called “unusual incidents,” and rarely result in criminal prosecution. Discipline is handled internally and, as a rule, the public is rarely informed of these crimes. In the course of maintaining order in these facilities, many Correctional Officers have endured the humiliation of having urine and feces thrown at and on them. Countless Correctional Officers have been kicked, bitten, stabbed and slashed with homemade weapons, taken hostage, raped and even murdered in the line of duty, all while being legally mandated to maintain their professional composure and refrain from any retaliation which could be the basis for dismissal from service.

In addition to these obvious dangers, Correctional Officers face hidden dangers in the form of HIV, Tuberculosis, and Hepatitis B and C. Courts are now imposing longer sentences and the prison population is increasing far beyond the system’s designated capacity. As the public demands more police on the streets, governments everywhere are cutting police in prison where violence reigns supreme, jeopardizing all those working behind prison walls. But society cant even tell Correctional Officers something as simple as a “thank you” for the job they do , so the next time you see a Correctional Officers remember he is risking his life and family to protect you from the very people society has locked away.

Although you will never see us on “911″ or “Cops”, we are Law Enforcement Professionals. We are the Forgotten Cops, hidden from public view, doing a dangerous beat, hoping to someday receive the respect and appreciation from the public whom “We Silently Serve.”

veteranrookie
12-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Those are reasons why I will always be FOR the Death Penalty.

12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Has anyone seen that new show, "Jail?" Pretty good show about jailers!!

12-15-2007, 02:23 AM
Guest, Stop trying to get a rise from people in here. Some don't understand, and are unable to handle your joking nature. I think your comments are funny, but many are obviously upset. Personally, when people make fun of cops (like Super Troopers Movie) I laugh my A$$ off. Some people just can't take it....

12-16-2007, 12:35 AM
For the ignorant ones that still live in the past...............
A Jail Deputy, Corrections Officer, JAILER, is what a cop wants to be when he grows up!

12-17-2007, 02:26 AM
The Forgotten Cop

What would the average citizen say if it were proposed that Police Officers be assigned to a neighborhood which was inhabited by no one but criminals and those Officers would be unarmed, patrol on foot and be heavily outnumbered? I wager that the overwhelming public response would be that the Officers would have to be crazy to accept such an assignment. However, as you read this, such a scenario is being played out in all areas of the country, maybe right here in your own neighborhood.

We are Correctional Officers. Not Guards. (Guards are people who watch school crossings.) We work at minimum, medium and maximum security Correctional Facilities. We are empowered by the Federal/State Government to enforce its Penal Laws, rules and regulations of the Prisons. In short, we are Policemen. Our beat is totally inhabited by convicted felons, who, by definition, are people who tend to break laws, rules and regulations. We are outnumbered by as many as 105 to 1 at various times of our workday, and, contrary to popular belief, we work without a sidearm. In short, our necks are on the line every minute of every day.

A Correctional Facility is a very misunderstood environment. The average person has very little knowledge of its workings.

Society sends its criminals to Correctional Facilities. As time passes, the gravity of each criminal’s crime fades from memory. The collective prison population becomes hordes of “bad” people who are warehoused away from decent society to be punished for what they’ve done, and so that they can cause no further harm to law-abiding citizens. The prevailing notion is that prison inmates cease to be a problem while they are incarcerated. Wrong!

Correctional Facilities are full of violence perpetrated by the prison population against the prison population and facility staff. Felonies are committed daily, but rarely reported. They are called “unusual incidents,” and rarely result in criminal prosecution. Discipline is handled internally and, as a rule, the public is rarely informed of these crimes. In the course of maintaining order in these facilities, many Correctional Officers have endured the humiliation of having urine and feces thrown at and on them. Countless Correctional Officers have been kicked, bitten, stabbed and slashed with homemade weapons, taken hostage, raped and even murdered in the line of duty, all while being legally mandated to maintain their professional composure and refrain from any retaliation which could be the basis for dismissal from service.

In addition to these obvious dangers, Correctional Officers face hidden dangers in the form of HIV, Tuberculosis, and Hepatitis B and C. Courts are now imposing longer sentences and the prison population is increasing far beyond the system’s designated capacity. As the public demands more police on the streets, governments everywhere are cutting police in prison where violence reigns supreme, jeopardizing all those working behind prison walls. But society cant even tell Correctional Officers something as simple as a “thank you” for the job they do , so the next time you see a Correctional Officers remember he is risking his life and family to protect you from the very people society has locked away.

Although you will never see us on “911″ or “Cops”, we are Law Enforcement Professionals. We are the Forgotten Cops, hidden from public view, doing a dangerous beat, hoping to someday receive the respect and appreciation from the public whom “We Silently Serve.”

I began to read this till I realized the text spanned beyond the boundaries of my 20” monitor.
Excellent point, a little long winded.

12-17-2007, 02:57 AM
You know you wrote too much when:
1) Your supp is longer than the O/I.
2) You see more than 5 people come and go from the booking report room while your still typing your narrative.
3) People in the booking hall start asking you if you’ve returned with a 2nd 10-15.
4) You’ve seen the trustees pass by serving chow… twice.
5) Every one from your shift including 10 is 87 when you go 10-8.
6) The marchman somebody bought in while you were there is now sober.
7) The green bologna sandwiches the trustees are serving become appetizing.
8) Your 10-15 doesn’t make first appearance because your still working on his booking sheet.
9) When you return to your car you need a jump start. (maybe that’s not too farfetched)
Keep it going people, I’m running out…

12-17-2007, 11:36 AM
...your opening line is "once upon a time".....and your conclusion is "based on the above-listed aggravating factors I request no bond"....i love fairy tales

12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Sounds to me that someone is a little sensitive about slang terms being directed at their profession. Corrections is an admirable profession however don't get your panties in a wad when someone uses the term "jailer."

Why is it that it appears that well over 50% of the certified folks that work in our jail system demand respect? What ever happened to earning it? Do we recruit these corrections deputies from Bayshore, the Manor or 601? Demanding respect?!

We have a ton of good folks that work in our jail system and rise to any challenge but then we also have those who hide, do as little as possible and use anyone to get ahead... of course we have people like that on the road.

If "jailers" can't handle a little fun...start a forum called COaffairs.com

01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Happy New Year, jailers!

01-01-2008, 08:52 PM
somebody lock up jl peggs and get him out of the way.