PDA

View Full Version : Morale, Employment, etc

12-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Hi, folks. I have submitted an app. Overall, how's the morale there? I hear ya'll are a real busy agency, but everyone is relatively happy.

How is the opportunity for OT? Are there any off-duty details? How long to get into a specialty unit, specifically DUI, Traffic, and or K9. Just an FYI, I have experience and am certified in FL. Just looking for a change and never heard anything bad about CCPD. Thanks and be safe guys and gals.

12-11-2007, 07:16 AM
...Well no one has replied to me saying things like "run!" or "don't do it!", so I guess that's a good sign. :lol:

12-11-2007, 10:37 AM
no time to answer. Gotta goooooooooo

02-27-2008, 03:35 AM
Oli don't do it

09-21-2009, 04:37 PM
This place is the great. :devil:

09-21-2009, 09:55 PM
If you like jamming up good citizens over every little thing you can just to justify your job, and do it with an attitude, then you'll fit right in down here!

Since the economy went south the cape cops having been raping the public on every little violation they can to justify their bloated ranks, bloated pay checks and pay off the massive new luxury police station they just built.

In short law enforcement takes a backseat to revenue enhancement down here. That and theres no shortage of dirty cops here who'll violate your rights just to bring in a few more bucks, or pad out the last few hours of their shift by taking you to jail on trumped up BS.

The mayor, city council, city manager and Petrovich all need to be given their walking papers because living in Cape Coral sucks anymore and they are to blame for allowing it to come to this.

09-24-2009, 08:42 AM
If you like jamming up good citizens over every little thing you can just to justify your job, and do it with an attitude, then you'll fit right in down here!

Since the economy went south the cape cops having been raping the public on every little violation they can to justify their bloated ranks, bloated pay checks and pay off the massive new luxury police station they just built.

In short law enforcement takes a backseat to revenue enhancement down here. That and theres no shortage of dirty cops here who'll violate your rights just to bring in a few more bucks, or pad out the last few hours of their shift by taking you to jail on trumped up BS.

The mayor, city council, city manager and Petrovich all need to be given their walking papers because living in Cape Coral sucks anymore and they are to blame for allowing it to come to this.
Sorry you got caught molesting your doberman. Nope we did not rump that charge up.

09-24-2009, 08:45 AM

Hey you even made the news, sorry about that buddy. I will say sorry about the mis-id though, or are you really a woman. Anyways, you can read about yourself here......
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/sp ... n_who.html (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/2009/09/no_contest_plea_for_women_who.html)

09-24-2009, 11:57 PM

Hey you even made the news, sorry about that buddy. I will say sorry about the mis-id though, or are you really a woman. Anyways, you can read about yourself here......
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/sp ... n_who.html (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/specials/weirdflorida/blog/2009/09/no_contest_plea_for_women_who.html)
Great, another overpaid cape cop who can't even do something as simple as post a working link. Here's a clue, use the URL tag next time. Do you need me to explain how to turn your dash cam on too? Or have you finally figured that one out on your own?

09-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Sorry you got caught molesting your doberman. Nope we did not rump that charge up.

At least i don't beat my K9 to train him. Oh wait, sorry, that's LCSO.

The Cape cops just train their K9s to alert on everything. It makes life so much easier! We all know what a hassle it is to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant. Especially when we don't have any probable cause to start with! Don't ya just love fishing expeditions?

You guys are such a joke. The only thing your good for is writing tickets. After the Bobby Noonan daycare shooting a mother had to disarm the perp for you guys. Then it took over an hour and a half, and 3 searches of the building, before you asshats found the children huddled in fear in the bathroom. A real class act there...

Now STFU and go do what you do best. Write tickets and munch donuts at 7-11, becuase that's all your good for.

11-16-2009, 07:52 AM
This department is WAY overkill and its gonna catch up to them eventually. The people who are paying taxes and loosing their homes will realize this department is OVERKILL. You can probably lay off 50 officers and still function without a problem. Look at how many deputies patrol an area at a time. Look at how many officer per shift fort myers has, and they actually have crime to fight!

By having every officer have a take home car thats no more than 4 years old, a multimillion dollar building, and than alls they do is write tickets for lawn watering and stop every vehicle thats going 2mph over the limit is NOT police work. And its NOT smart spending.

Eventually someone will realize that theres no need for a traffic nazi squad when the patrol officers are so underworked they can enfore traffic, since they do anyway, you can eliminate that. you can eliminate the 5K worth of LED lights that go into every traffic and K9 car. The regular patrol cars just have top lights, and they seem to get along fine. You can save money on the take home cars for the people who drive from home to the station and back. Patrol Officers can park their cars at the station and share them, why are people lossing their houses yet a patrol officer can have a brand new car sitting in his driveway on his days off. the capes day will come!

11-16-2009, 06:25 PM

Thank you for proving my point. In order to discredit me you just went and made something up, which is exactly what i'm saying you guys do. :wink:

Since i posted this the Mayor and several city council members have been given the boot. How long before they kick Petrovich out to the curb too? For his sake he should resign before they let him go.

Then they need to clean out rest of the ranks out too. I'm beginning to think the feds need to come in and take over...because the dept really does seem to be that corrupt.

11-20-2009, 01:21 AM
You people within the CCPD need to get on the phone with the feds and start talking. Message board banter doesn't solve shit. Fix the problem by reporting some solid facts. It doesn't make you a rat. Noone signs up to work for a shit outfit.

11-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Calls are being made. Letters are being written.

It's only a matter of time.

11-20-2009, 09:14 PM
that is a bunch of crap. nothing is being done. just a bunch of talk. do something or don't expect change!

11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Your just bitter because your dumbass broke the law AGAIN and got caught.

11-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Yeah, whatever dumbass. That's the same old BS i here form message board cops anytime someone doesn't kiss their butt for their valorous service, cops never do wrong, if you don't love them you must be some bitter whiney thug that got caught. LOL, like there's no such thing as a bad cop who'll jam you up just because he can. F you to have have a nice day...

11-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, whatever dumbass. That's the same old BS i here form message board cops anytime someone doesn't kiss their butt for their valorous service, cops never do wrong, if you don't love them you must be some bitter whiney thug that got caught. LOL, like there's no such thing as a bad cop who'll jam you up just because he can. F you to have have a nice day...

According to the National Citizens Survey for the City of Cape Coral, 67% of those who came in contact with city employees rated 62% of the interactions as "excellent" or "good."

11-27-2009, 09:55 AM

According to the National Citizens Survey for the City of Cape Coral, 67% of those who came in contact with city employees rated 62% of the interactions as "excellent" or "good."

Huh? 62% of the 67% of those who had contact with city employees?

No, of the 100% who had contact with any city employee (not just police) 63% of them rated their overall impression of city employees as good to excellent, while 38% rated it as fair to poor. Now that adds up to 101% of respondants, which btw only totalled 414, So excuse me if i don't put to much faith in their statistics.

With regard to the Cape cops, you might want to look at this question on the survey.

Question 18a: Policy Question 1 - To what extent would you support or oppose an increase in taxes to maintain or support the following services?

Police Services

Strongly support 17%
Somewhat support 32%
Somewhat oppose 20%
Strongly oppose 31%
Total 100%

So... only 49% support increasing taxes to maintain current levels of police services while 51% oppose it, and 31% of those strongly oppose raising taxes to do so, while only 17% strongly support doing so.

In comparison 54% support raising taxes to maintain Fire Services while only 46% oppose, and only 27% of those strongly oppose it.

When it comes to public safety and percieved value for taxes paid you guys are fighting a loosing battle.

11-27-2009, 10:23 AM
More telling, let's look at The National Citizen Survey's benchmark comparisons: Cape Coral VS. other Benchmark Communities.

Benchmark Comparisons

NRC’s database of comparative resident opinion is comprised of resident perspectives gathered in citizen surveys from approximately 500 jurisdictions whose residents evaluated local government services and gave their opinion about the quality of community life. The City of Cape Coral chose to have comparisons made to the entire database. A benchmark comparison (the average rating from all the comparison jurisdictions where a similar question was asked) has been provided when a similar question on the City of Cape Coral Survey was included in NRC’s database and there were at least five jurisdictions in which the question was asked. For most questions compared to the entire dataset, there were more than 100 jurisdictions included in the benchmark comparison. Where comparisons were available, the City of Cape Coral results were noted as being “above” the benchmark, “below” the benchmark or “similar to” the benchmark. This evaluation of “above,” “below” or “similar to” comes from a statistical comparison of the City of Cape Coral's rating to the benchmark.

When it comes to respondents opinions of the Cape cops and the city of Cape Coral in general the benchmark comparisons are rather telling... look at some of these "below" rankings.

FIGURE 35: COMMUNITY AND PERSONAL PUBLIC SAFETY BENCHMARKS
Safety from violent crime (e.g., rape, assault, robbery) - Below
Safety from property crimes (e.g., burglary, theft) - Below

FIGURE 39: PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES BENCHMARKS
Police services - Below
Crime prevention - Below
Traffic enforcement - Below
Courts - Below

FIGURE 81: PUBLIC TRUST BENCHMARKS
Value of services for the taxes paid to Cape Coral - Below
The overall direction that Cape Coral is taking - Below
Job Cape Coral government does at welcoming citizen involvement - Below
Job Cape Coral government does at listening to citizens - Below
Overall image or reputation of Cape Coral - Below

In fact the city of Cape Coral consistently scored below average compare to other benchmark communities, and the Cape cops and our courts are no exception to that.

Ratings of community characteristics were compared to the benchmark database. Of the 31 characteristics for which comparisons were available, two were above the benchmark comparison, six were similar to the benchmark comparison and 23 were below