PDA

View Full Version : SGT LIST OUT

12-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Good job BUTCH AND SCOTT

12-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Good job BUTCH AND SCOTT

Were they promoted?

If so, Congrats!

Wonder who all was promoted for the other reservations?

12-08-2007, 02:09 PM
jarret in hollywood and rick in bc :)

12-08-2007, 09:21 PM
How about a congrats to those that were promoted, it was a good selection process and I commend the agency for doing it the way they did.

JR, good job... you scored highest and deserve to take what ever rez you like... bottom line, end of discussion.

RC, congrats to you too... we will see you back in Hwd soon I am sure.

Congrats to those of you from the other reservations also, dont know you all that well but am sure you will do fine.

As for the haters and the gripers I have heard so far, maybe next time you should strive to be the number 1 canidate so you can take the post of your choice.

Congrats folks, job well done!

12-10-2007, 04:09 PM
For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

12-13-2007, 05:07 PM
For the first time we geta fair promotion board. Was the promotion board fair when Chief Tiger made Sgt. How was the test?

Wow, that was deep man! Were you able to get that all out on your own or did you get some assistance?
I dont think anyone else in this agency accept for you would deny that Tiger was the best canidate for the job.... On the other hand, you seem to have a problem dealing with any sort of govt politics.... its amazing, they take place in just about every police dept. Perhaps you should try working for a happy place like Wilton Manors or BSO, check out their blogs.... very similar to your post and you should feel right at home!

12-13-2007, 08:24 PM
For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I worked with Scott at the prison, and he will make a great SGT.

12-14-2007, 01:22 AM
[quote="Guest 69":3cx1gfzk]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:3cx1gfzk]

Here we go, let me guess you didnt get promoted so it wasnt a fair board. Quit *****ing and go back to work. The best candidates got promoted and thats the way it should be.

01-01-2008, 05:59 PM
it was fair ,chill out, let it go, woosaba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-02-2008, 03:38 AM
PROVEN BECAUSE WEARING STRIPES ON THE 4TH PROMOTION GOT THE TIGERS EYE. ADD-CHEVRONS CANT TAKE THE PLACE OF KNIGHTS IN ARMOR BUT THE FIGHT WILL BE FOUGHT. GIVE TO THE RISING SUN AND BEHOLD MOTHER EARTH. THUS MY POINT SHALL BE PROVEN. PROVEN. PROVEN.

01-03-2008, 12:00 AM
How about Zamora's test for Sergeant... Oh thats right he didn't take one. Ok well then how about Zamora's Lieutenants test... Oh thats right he didn't take one for LT either. FAIR my arse. Well at least we got a pension at Seminole,, Oh thats right never mind. A Sergeants test only measures who is a good test taker and a great BS artist, NOT a quality cop or potential supervisor. Don't believe me look around you at whos wearing stripes these days. By the way you wanna know if Seminole is fair just ask Campo, Sherman or Middleton. Gettin srcewed over for doin your job! :x

Here is an idea..... get out! Zamora is a great guy that deserves what he got, sorry he makes you accountable for your inability to do your job. As far as the other guys, good guys also.... lets be realisistic, they are victims of politics on the rez but will be fine in the end. You are obviously upset cause you didnt make the cut, either you get over it or you go elsewhere.... nobody beggin you to stay!

Z is a great guy. But fair is fair. If other employees are testing for promotions then everyone else should as well in the department. It's either wave your magic wand or testing. Which is it and quit changing the rules. Their is a lot of staff in the department who got wanded with rank from both regimes. I know we all see it.

01-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Stop beating a dead horse. Life is not always fair. Move on to a new topic.

01-03-2008, 08:57 PM

That right listen to the new sgt, he is already barking orders in bold print. Micro-Manager!?!?!?!

01-04-2008, 12:13 AM

That right listen to the new sgt, he is already barking orders in bold print. Micro-Manager!?!?!?!

Wow, already. He must have been influenced by someone or someones holding his hand.

01-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Hello my name is “Old SPD” or “Guest” and I am disgruntled. I am disgruntled because I came from the jail / state prison, have no true road experience, have been sitting in the Glades for the past 10 years, and people with less time on the job at SPD and more experience then me get promoted. Meanwhile in the past 10 years I have done nothing to get promoted and been in several IAs.

Or Maybe I did work at SPD achieved rank and lost it due to not conforming with the new administrations policies. I either banged every chick at SPD or broke the chain of command.

This place has been mismanaged until the new chief and Deputy Chief took over. Now that there is more of a sense of stability, professionalism, and structure you are disgruntled. You see the only way “Guest” or “Old SPD” did get or would get promoted is by the magic wand. That went out the window with the lost captain bars from Immokalee/ Hollywood and with Latchford.

Finally this place is run like a professional law enforcement agency.

01-04-2008, 04:25 PM
:D That about says it all.

01-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Hello my name is “Old SPD” or “Guest” and I am disgruntled. I am disgruntled because I came from the jail / state prison, have no true road experience, have been sitting in the Glades for the past 10 years, and people with less time on the job at SPD and more experience then me get promoted. Meanwhile in the past 10 years I have done nothing to get promoted and been in several IAs.

Or Maybe I did work at SPD achieved rank and lost it due to not conforming with the new administrations policies. I either banged every chick at SPD or broke the chain of command.

This place has been mismanaged until the new chief and Deputy Chief took over. Now that there is more of a sense of stability, professionalism, and structure you are disgruntled. You see the only way “Guest” or “Old SPD” did get or would get promoted is by the magic wand. That went out the window with the lost captain bars from Immokalee/ Hollywood and with Latchford.

I've been here a long time, you may say what you want, but we did have a good chief and Charlie will agree, so will the deputy chief and many more of us. Mike did a good job and treated us all with respect, so lets be careful about talking about the past. Mike helped us through some hard times and made a lot of good changes.

01-04-2008, 08:16 PM

I've been here a long time, you may say what you want, but we did have a good chief and Charlie will agree, so will the deputy chief and many more of us. Mike did a good job and treated us all with respect, so lets be careful about talking about the past. Mike helped us through some hard times and made a lot of good changes.

Wasn't talking about Mike.

01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
[quote="Britneys's Drug Counselor":30ck0s5o]Hello my name is “Old SPD” or “Guest” and I am disgruntled. I am disgruntled because I came from the jail / state prison, have no true road experience, have been sitting in the Glades for the past 10 years, and people with less time on the job at SPD and more experience then me get promoted. Meanwhile in the past 10 years I have done nothing to get promoted and been in several IAs.

Wasn't talking about Mike.[/quote:30ck0s5o] OK, just giving credit where credit is due. We had some issues in the pastt, but Mike was always there for us and we could talk to him. Charlie and the deputy chief also care about us and we know it takes a special person to fit with the culture. Mike was well liked by the tribal members as is Charlie. Thanks for your comment, I may have misunderstood you.

01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
[quote="Guest 69":ur6qchrf]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:ur6qchrf]

Hope I dont have to work by your side.... talk about disgruntle! I dont see how the promotions could have been any more fair. The agency is going to do what is best for the agency... not the individual. If you think you should have been promoted then you should step back and see what you could have done better to make yourself better for the agency. Until you make that move, shut your pie hole and ride the wave. Remember, nobody keepin you in this house, feel free to move out at any time!

01-05-2008, 06:23 PM
[quote="Fair, Yeah Right":1sy41fp3][quote="Guest 69":1sy41fp3]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:1sy41fp3]

Hope I dont have to work by your side.... talk about disgruntle! I dont see how the promotions could have been any more fair. The agency is going to do what is best for the agency... not the individual. If you think you should have been promoted then you should step back and see what you could have done better to make yourself better for the agency. Until you make that move, shut your pie hole and ride the wave. Remember, nobody keepin you in this house, feel free to move out at any time![/quote:1sy41fp3] SLAPSHOT, LETS BE NICE, HE WAS ONLY ASKING A QUESTION. We should always reach out to help each other. We sometimes see things different when it comes to promotions. The agency should do whats best for the employees and the community. The person they promote should be of good leadership ethical character. The agency's philosophy should be based on good leadership and ethics. The right thing to do is that which is likely to produce the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people, I think we all agree with this. It is the simplest form of utilitarianism. I think one of the most important things in life is to have best friends, which we should all be or at least try to be, it would make things a lot better.

01-05-2008, 06:56 PM
[quote="Fair, Yeah Right":3hfw7kct][quote="Guest 69":3hfw7kct]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hope I dont have to work by your side.... talk about disgruntle! I dont see how the promotions could have been any more fair. The agency is going to do what is best for the agency... not the individual. If you think you should have been promoted then you should step back and see what you could have done better to make yourself better for the agency. Until you make that move, shut your pie hole and ride the wave. Remember, nobody keepin you in this house, feel free to move out at any time![/quote:3hfw7kct] SLAPSHOT, LETS BE NICE, HE WAS ONLY ASKING A QUESTION. We should always reach out to help each other. We sometimes see things different when it comes to promotions. The agency should do whats best for the employees and the community. The person they promote should be of good leadership ethical character. The agency's philosophy should be based on good leadership and ethics. The right thing to do is that which is likely to produce the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people, I think we all agree with this. It is the simplest form of utilitarianism. I think one of the most important things in life is to have best friends, which we should all be or at least try to be, it would make things a lot better.[/quote:3hfw7kct]

SO IM SURE WE ALL CAN AGREE THAT THE INDIVIDUALS THAT WERE PROMOTED POSSESS GOOD LEADERSHIP SKILLS AND MAKE ETHICAL DECESIONS. FROM WHAT I HEAR ON MY REZ IS THAT THE OFFICERS ARE HAPPY WITH THE CHOICE.

01-05-2008, 07:05 PM
[quote="Fair, Yeah Right":3roka0kw][quote="Guest 69":3roka0kw]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:3roka0kw]

Hope I dont have to work by your side.... talk about disgruntle! I dont see how the promotions could have been any more fair. The agency is going to do what is best for the agency... not the individual. If you think you should have been promoted then you should step back and see what you could have done better to make yourself better for the agency. Until you make that move, shut your pie hole and ride the wave. Remember, nobody keepin you in this house, feel free to move out at any time![/quote:3roka0kw]

The evidence was emialed to all officers. First the evidence was in test form. A challenging test that you could pass, but not ace unless u study. Second the evidence was evaluated by three independent ranking officers from other departments during oral board. What could be more fair. The list is good for a year, and if you did not do so hot, study hard and next yeasr you will do better. With this department there is going to alot of oppurtunity for growth. I wish you luck in the future.

01-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Uhall good post very professional and positive lets keep it up, thanks good job.

01-07-2008, 01:56 AM
[quote="Slap Shot":g2a3w6nw][quote="Fair, Yeah Right":g2a3w6nw][quote="Guest 69":g2a3w6nw]For the first time we geta fair promotion board.

How do you know it was really fair? Wheres the evidence. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:g2a3w6nw]

Hope I dont have to work by your side.... talk about disgruntle! I dont see how the promotions could have been any more fair. The agency is going to do what is best for the agency... not the individual. If you think you should have been promoted then you should step back and see what you could have done better to make yourself better for the agency. Until you make that move, shut your pie hole and ride the wave. Remember, nobody keepin you in this house, feel free to move out at any time![/quote:g2a3w6nw]

The evidence was emialed to all officers. First the evidence was in test form. A challenging test that you could pass, but not ace unless u study. Second the evidence was evaluated by three independent ranking officers from other departments during oral board. What could be more fair. The list is good for a year, and if you did not do so hot, study hard and next yeasr you will do better. With this department there is going to alot of oppurtunity for growth. I wish you luck in the future.[/quote:g2a3w6nw]

Yes three from other departments and one from SPD. So Three independant people and one SPD employee. A total of four people. It was quoted that no SPD employee was not supposed to be on the board due to BIA regulations. I have never written on this site before and I usually just read the post. Since the above statement is truly a lie I had to reply to correct something false and make it the truth. If you want to lie about things your only hurting the department's reputation and future recruits who would love to join our law enforcement agency. Please get your facts straight before posting false information.

01-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Boys...Please play nice or everyone will have to get out of the sandbox! Just remember...intelligence and experience=success/promotion.

01-07-2008, 09:48 AM
the spd employee on the oral board was the human resources manager, a non sworn civilian. You just cant make everybody happy.

the testing process was consistent with how most major departments evaluate candaites for promotion and was the first time at SPD that there was an in depth test / oral board process.
The cream of the crop truely rose to the top.

01-07-2008, 09:51 AM
"It was quoted that no SPD employee was not supposed to be on the board due to BIA regulations"

Well maybe you didnt pass the oral board b/c u went in there and spoke in double negatives. At least u can count to 4.

01-08-2008, 01:56 AM
Boys...Please play nice or everyone will have to get out of the sandbox! Just remember...intelligence and experience=success/promotion.

Bro what department does the above reflect. We all would like to know.

01-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Sorry you didnt make the cut, no matter how you look at it.... good choices were made. This is a growing agency so just hang in there, wait your turn and you will some day make the cut.... there will certainly be more promotional opportunities.

01-11-2008, 01:54 AM

Sorry you didnt make the cut, no matter how you look at it.... good choices were made. This is a growing agency so just hang in there, wait your turn and you will some day make the cut.... there will certainly be more promotional opportunities. If any more promotions are made we won't have any officers. The dept. is already top heavy just ask the major, he is pretty honest.

01-12-2008, 10:57 AM

Sorry you didnt make the cut, no matter how you look at it.... good choices were made. This is a growing agency so just hang in there, wait your turn and you will some day make the cut.... there will certainly be more promotional opportunities. If any more promotions are made we won't have any officers. The dept. is already top heavy just ask the major, he is pretty honest.

You have to grow on the top before you grow on the bottom. With the anticipated growth of this agency, A strong command staff needs to be in place to supervise the new officers. If not you will have a bunch of individuals doing their own thing, not adhering to policies and procedures, and running around w/o supervision. Kind of like how it has been run in the past. Wake up! SPD is moving foward and if you can't accept change or do not like the direction the agency is moving I will write u a nice reccomednation letter.

01-13-2008, 12:12 AM

You have to grow on the top before you grow on the bottom. With the anticipated growth of this agency, A strong command staff needs to be in place to supervise the new officers. If not you will have a bunch of individuals doing their own thing, not adhering to policies and procedures, and running around w/o supervision. Kind of like how it has been run in the past. Wake up! SPD is moving foward and if you can't accept change or do not like the direction the agency is moving I will write u a nice reccomednation letter. I don't think I want a recomendation from you. I think your only thinking of yourself. It would have been more of an honest quote if you would have said lets make a good dept. better. You are always cutting our past down to justify your means. Why? This is Indian country educate what we have and make rank. Let's get together and do an assessment based on the culture and population. So many new Capt.'s etc who are actually recruits when it comes to the Seminoles. Your strategic planning needs to be evaluated. Be honest look at the whole picture. We have some good people but lets not sugar coat it.

01-13-2008, 01:45 AM
[quote=305]Boys...Please play nice or everyone will have to get out of the sandbox! Just remember...intelligence and experience=success/promotion.

You have to grow on the top before you grow on the bottom. With the anticipated growth of this agency, A strong command staff needs to be in place to supervise the new officers. If not you will have a bunch of individuals doing their own thing, not adhering to policies and procedures, and running around w/o supervision. Kind of like how it has been run in the past. Wake up! SPD is moving foward and if you can't accept change or do not like the direction the agency is moving I will write u a nice reccomednation letter. I don't think I want a recomendation from you. I think your only thinking of yourself. It would have been more of an honest quote if you would have said lets make a good dept. better. You are always cutting our past down to justify your means. Why? This is Indian country educate what we have and make rank. Let's get together and do an assessment based on the culture and population. So many new Capt.'s etc who are actually recruits when it comes to the Seminoles. Your strategic planning needs to be evaluated. Be honest look at the whole picture. We have some good people but lets not sugar coat it.[/quote:20u54im2]

So promote from within and breed incompetence. Sort of like the prior CPT that was “pushing” our retirement. How can U get a retirement when you do not have the know how to do so. So the Chief brings in a CPT that is an expert in retirement and has successfully managed retirement before. Then he brings in a D/C that was # 2 at the largest police department in Broward. Then he brings in a CPT OPS HWD that was the # 2 at the largest nationally accredited sheriff’s office in the Country. Then he brings in a Major that was # 2 at Davie. So why not have the best lead have the best. I know it temporarily clogs the promotional latter but it is better then the alternative…. Promoting from the motor unit.