PDA

View Full Version : I see you're hiring...

12-07-2007, 12:51 AM
What's the scoop? Seen lots of complaining going on here in the past. Is it just a disgruntled few? How many openings? I'm considering applying.

12-10-2007, 10:05 AM
The officers have no confidence in the Chief, almost eveybody wants out, and nothing is being done about it. We have new people wanting to leave after being here for only months. Its not the work, the equipment, cars, or policies, its the administration. The micromanagement, the treatment, and the decisions they make.

For awile I thought it was because the higher ups didn't see the issues, they weren't conected, now I know its because they flat out just don't care. You have to ask permission to scratch your A S S! Its horrible, morale is so low you have officers that would rather be working for St. Pete. Officers dred having to take calls or do anything. Its bad, we need a new administration!

12-10-2007, 11:01 PM
I agree with the previous post, in that most of the problems with TIAPD rest squarely on the shoulders of an administration that treats its officers more like security guards than cops.

That being said, it is an easy job with decent pay and benefits. Just be sure you know what your getting yourself into before you get yourself into something you may have a problem getting out of. What I mean by that is, if you decide after a bit that that "kind" of police work isnt for you, the "powers that be" will make YOU appear to be the problem and it may affect your chances to get on elsewhere.

I know some good cops that feel stuck there and are afraid to apply elsewhere, because if that admin finds out they will be targeted and harassed.

GOOD LUCK!!

12-12-2007, 02:02 PM
This job is more along the lines of public realtions. If you want to make stats go to work for TPD,HCSO,or FHP. Espically FHP, it's all about numbers.

12-20-2007, 01:38 AM
It doesn't really matter what is said or posted in here. Remember, the people that are whining are too afraid to stand up for what they believe in. If they said it in here, would they say it to their supervisor? Yeah, think about it. If they are really worried about getting a job at another agency there were to stupid to do their homework in the first place. Do your homework, go and look for yourself.