PDA

View Full Version : Karma

12-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Sometimes she takes forever to get here, but when Karma finally shows up ... aint she a beetch !

THE LAW OF KARMA

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.)

Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Karma literally means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction which governs all life. Karma is not fate, for man acts with free will creating his own destiny. According to the Vedas, if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concomitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate reaction. Not all karmas rebound immediately. Some accumulate and return unexpectedly in this or other births

12-06-2007, 02:00 AM
I dont like waiting around for Karma, someone throws a rock at my glass house I start launching boulders at his glass house

12-06-2007, 02:00 AM
Are you paying attention Sergeant Marek? Brodsky?

12-06-2007, 02:02 AM
if we are quoting buda, then "go to sleep with itchy butt wake up with stinky finger"

12-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Well if it is Karma we are talking about then there is another Sergeant that fits the bill besides these two...

12-06-2007, 05:02 AM
There once was a policeman who lost his job and then found that he was rejected wherever he applied because he was either over- or under-qualified. Totally dejected and becoming desperate, he eventually landed a job with a local carnival. His task was a simple one: to stick his head through a hole in a tent wall and have people throw baseballs at him--three baseballs for one dollar.

Two police officers patrolling the carnival observed the ex-cop and remarked, "What a sad commentary--one day a cop, the next day a target for people throwing baseballs." The officers watched for a few minutes and finally approached him on one of his breaks, saying, "Man, this must be a tough job." To which the he answered, "Well, yes and no. You see, it's not the baseballs--you can see them coming and have an opportunity to dodge and duck them. The really tough part of the job is the dart game that's going on in the back."

12-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Well if it is Karma we are talking about then there is another Sergeant that fits the bill besides these two...

really WHOOOOOOOOOOOO???

12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
Sometimes she takes forever to get here, but when Karma finally shows up ... aint she a beetch !

THE LAW OF KARMA

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.)

Therefore, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Karma literally means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction which governs all life. Karma is not fate, for man acts with free will creating his own destiny. According to the Vedas, if we sow goodness, we will reap goodness; if we sow evil, we will reap evil. Karma refers to the totality of our actions and their concomitant reactions in this and previous lives, all of which determines our future. The conquest of karma lies in intelligent action and dispassionate reaction. Not all karmas rebound immediately. Some accumulate and return unexpectedly in this or other births

listen, cutting and pasting from somewhere else is a no no.. get your own quotes or at least give credit to the real author. and depending what part of the world you are from Karma has "many" meanings. So Research before you go off thinking what Karma really is.

12-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Citing your work is something you learn in college. Half of these people that post here don’t even know where a college is, unless it’s University of Phoenix (which is not a real college). All this bickering is from uneducated dumb ass’s who have nothing better to do then pretending to be cops and bash everyone else making something with their lives.

12-06-2007, 11:11 PM
THANKS MIKE :D :D :D :D

12-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Citing your work is something you learn in college. Half of these people that post here don’t even know where a college is, unless it’s University of Phoenix (which is not a real college). All this bickering is from uneducated dumb ass’s who have nothing better to do then pretending to be cops and bash everyone else making something with their lives.

Oh thankgod you showed up, my Leo Affairs knight in shinning armor. The educated among the uneducated. Your my hero, here to set whats right and battle all the wrong doers with an opinion. Riding in valantly on your trusty steed with your diploma swinging ! You sir, are all thats good and right in this world, and allow me to dream of a better world led by men like you with their mastery of the english language and superior morals. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep thinking, how is it possible how is it so unfair, that a god like yourself that I to worship, has to fill out the same damn alarm slip that i do.
Just keep articulating the "call out" or "remarks" section with you ivy league skill, someone will recognize... oh yes, recognize then you are bound for the greatness you deserve.

12-07-2007, 11:44 PM
College Grad. How sad it must be to have no one respect your comments or ideas. To stoop to puffing yourself up in order to have anyone give you the time of day. So you know, there are plenty of people at this department that don't have college degrees and would smoke you in an i.q. test, common sense or even better on the road where it counts the most. By the way, did you catch your spelling error? We did. So much for that college degree...