PDA

View Full Version : Blowing smoke.

12-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Ok. Here's the deal... lets have an Officer committee to look at a design theory for the dodges that were selected. Oops BSO got dodges.

Joke.... a smoke screen! No not dodges that the committee selected or the design but what admin wanted. People they're trying to allow us to THINK we are part of the process.

Ok. Here's the deal.. Lets have a committee to look at a patch redesign.

Joke... a smoke screen. Another car and design ploy to once again allow us to THINK we are part of the process.

Ok. Here's the deal... a union smoke screen of course in conjunction with the admin. Let's have a committee to look at lateral transfers from one unit to another.

Joke.. Mr union rep! So you can go from one unit to another. How nice.. Do they wanna put 2 safe streets people in DB? What a timely request. Ever think about managements rights. Or doing it for the good of the department?

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Something smells around here.

I say we have a policy to put sgts into DB in the event the new ones don't make probation. Well if that ever happens let just put the into youth services.

Please feel free to discuss your idea for an officer committee....

12-02-2007, 06:18 PM
nobody has complained about our patches so why change something thats not broken.....

the whole idea of a patch is that it has history because its been around for a long time withstanding through the good and the bad times.....

i think our time could be useful in other ways instead of a patch committee

who came up with changing the patch

12-02-2007, 06:21 PM
how about we worry more about putting more officer on the streets and creating more effective assignments for safe streets unit to protect the citizens

12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Whoever submitted the past two quotes must not talk to many of their co workers. People have been asking for years to change the patch idiot. And if you asked or knew anything about cars the Dodges are not being used by BSO in patrol because there is no cage made that is safe for prisoner transport which is why our chief decided not to get them. I have only been here a few years and can not believe how many jerks we have that are clueless.

If you are not happy then leave because you are truly an idiot.

12-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey nebe... open your admin rosey eye glasses. BSO DUI task force. (Deputies) who transport prisoners have dodges (hemi's too) not the watered down version of less limit out liability model fords. And the chargers are being phased in through out that agency. Maybe the PD didn't get enough of a kickback from Dodge. And as far as our patches go we just got new patch designs a few years ago.

Hey my vote is to get a white patch with a green star on it!

12-02-2007, 11:18 PM
I find it ironic how people who claim to be intelligent continue to form their opinions on rumors and 5th hand information. These same people bash other for not having the same opinions. Unfortunately some of us base our information on the facts and not misinformation from malcontents who will find something to ***** about no matter what anyone at the top of our organization does.

The issue with Dodges was that the cages would not allow the side airbags to deploy properly. I believe that is a safety concern for the officers driving the vehicles. So lets be honest you are *****ing about not having Dodges because someone else got them and that is the only reason why. Next you'll say that they are better in pursuits than the Crown Vic and I would definetly agree. But if you have been here long enough you would know that you are never gonna get into a serious pursuit here...it is not allowed.

As far as the patch goes...who gives a damn either way it is gonna look like crap anyhow.

If this place is so bad I don't believe anyone is forcing you to stay.

12-02-2007, 11:19 PM
And before it is brought up, no I am not in admin.

12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Whose talking pursuit I'd just like to get out of my own way.

Jump123
12-05-2007, 11:35 PM
nobody has complained about our patches so why change something thats not broken.....

the whole idea of a patch is that it has history because its been around for a long time withstanding through the good and the bad times.....

i think our time could be useful in other ways instead of a patch committee

who came up with changing the patch

I must admit that our patches arent the coolest on the block, but if we are going to change anything we should change our badge designs. I think we have the ugliest badge in the county. Lets take a look at Davie PD's badge. Like an LAPD style badge. That too me is more clasier than our gold badge. I remember when you had to get promoted or be a detective in order to get a gold badge. Our's are so generic, and cheap looking. Lets get a committe together for that. I mean if we are changing things lets change our tin to something that looks great and not something we got out of a cereal box. Ours is almost like a wackenhut badge. Please, if you are a major/ chief/ captain/ reading this take that into consideration.

If they change our badges will we get new shirts to put them on? Just wondering.

12-06-2007, 04:29 AM
Actually I got ALOT of compliments on the anniversary badge when we wore that a few years ago. We should get something more colorful with Old Glory on the front. And as for the patches, they are ugly. They remind me of the 1970's. Time for a change.

Jump123
12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Actually I got ALOT of compliments on the anniversary badge when we wore that a few years ago. We should get something more colorful with Old Glory on the front. And as for the patches, they are ugly. They remind me of the 1970's. Time for a change.

well I think our anniversary badges looked cool, but only for that purpose. Not for an everyday type thing. There's nothing tradition about that badge accept that it is an anniversary badge. Maybe something two-tone. Like a silver badge with the banners gold, and the letters blue inside. I think sunny isles has something like that. Whatever it is, it would be an improvement from what we currently have.

12-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Please STFU about the patches and badges...I am sure the scum we deal with would be put in awe if we had a "cooler" badge, I bet the change in badge would cut crime be %50 citywide!!!! DUMBASS!!!!!!!

12-07-2007, 01:23 PM
The first batch of Chargers BSO got had a lot of problems, but the 07 Charger fixed it. We have cages and airbags. Each district got four Chargers for regular patrol, not just DUI (which got two). A total of 75 were issued this past round, and 25 the first round. It is a very nice car.

12-07-2007, 05:03 PM
The first batch of Chargers BSO got had a lot of problems, but the 07 Charger fixed it. We have cages and airbags. Each district got four Chargers for regular patrol, not just DUI (which got two). A total of 75 were issued this past round, and 25 the first round. It is a very nice car.

Did they fix the problem with the overheating brakes? I'm pretty sure they didn't make the size of the windows bigger so the blind spots are still there. It's a cool looking car but not practical for the job we need to do.

Jump123
12-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Please STFU about the patches and badges...I am sure the scum we deal with would be put in awe if we had a "cooler" badge, I bet the change in badge would cut crime be %50 citywide!!!! DUMBASS!!!!!!!

Hey man,

Im not saying that a new look would cut crime 50%, or that any scum bags would be in awe. Thats what our safe streets are for. But it would be nice to look better. Whats wrong with looking better? Our badges look like they came from a Mr. T garage sale.

12-08-2007, 01:47 AM
All of you that are talking crap about safestreets- be prepared. WD got promoted to DB so now there is an opening for you to come and do a better job than the people who are there now. I can't wait to see how many of you toughguys (or gals) put in. Get your skinny little portfolios ready, and prepare for the assessment. :D

12-08-2007, 02:27 AM
When did WD work in SS. I thought he was a full time light duty cop.

12-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Hey DUMBASS,

Concentrate on things that matter, not whether our patches and badge are asthetically pleasing.

12-09-2007, 01:17 AM
When did WD work in SS. I thought he was a full time light duty cop.The full time light duty cop is TR but he never puts in for anything anyways so I guess it doesnt matter. Once in a while he will take a break from his position and work mids for a few weeks.

12-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey Safe Streets aka. Decoy Cop, just worry about Operation Bend Over.