PDA

View Full Version : NWFPBA raising money for Lt. Ray Simmons

11-30-2007, 11:28 PM
The North West Florida Chapter of the Police Benevolence Association is encouraging members and non members to contribute to to a fund currently set up at Pen Air Federal Credit Union for the family of Lt. Ray Simmons. We are trying to get 100 deputies to pledge to work one eight hour side job and donotate the earnings to the family (or if you don't work side jobs donate $150.00). We would like for you to pledge to do this now and fulfill your pledge within 90 days so you can do it after the holidays. The NWFPBA will also be making a donation into this fund on top of what we can earn.

If you are willing to be one of these 100 deputies (we would be pleased to have civilians as well), please e-mail your name to nwfpbawebmaster@yahoo.com . Once you make the pledge we will send you the account information. I know it's difficult during the holidays to give, but it's also the easiest time of year to pick up extra side jobs. I thank you in advance for your help for his family. I know Ray would have signed up for you.

Eric Haines

MGilmore251
12-01-2007, 12:51 AM
email sent!

MWhite267
12-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Count me in...

12-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Anything to help.... count me in too.

12-01-2007, 03:56 AM
This is a wonderful idea but just one question, who are you including as family? All the children should be included and I do mean all or you'll be neglecting/rejecting one of your own members.

Frank Castle
12-01-2007, 05:15 AM
Email sent... $150.00 to assist any of Ray's children...

12-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Thank you for setting up the link and the account...

12-01-2007, 05:41 AM
When I was injured and down for a long count, many of my friends stood up and worked side jobs for me. This is something you NEVER forget. I still and will always remember who they are. I will gladly donate to assist any of Ray's children.

12-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Ray would have done it for any of us...Count me in....

12-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Count me in!

12-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Count me in also!

MGilmore251
12-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Lt. Eric Haines email , is currently down. He will respond to everyone that wants to participate as soon as it's back up and running..Thanks

12-01-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm on board too!

12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Count me in as well....

Jeff/402

BW
12-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Is Lt. Eric Haines email back up and running? Thanks in advance,

BW
12-03-2007, 04:54 AM
Is Lt. Eric Haines email back up and running? Thanks in advance,

12-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Yes its back up and running (dial up speed :( ). We are at around 25 people so far. We have a lot more to go. Again, please email your $150 pledge to nwfpbawebmaster@yahoo.com . You'll have 90 days to get the money together.

Eric

12-05-2007, 02:51 AM
I agree that all children(including unborn) should be included. I think we all know that this is a touchy subject but nevertheless,it still exists. All of his children are, or will be, in need of assitance and no one should be excluded. Those who really knew Ray know that he wouldn't want it any other way.

12-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Correct me If ,I'm wrong but I believe the money is being raised for Rays wife. She is the one with all the bills (mortgage,car payments,credit cards and etc.) . I don't think anyone disputes that any child should ever do without,but I dont believe they are starting a child support fund. I think its merely to assist with already incurred bills.

12-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Maybe you could discuss this at the office, or have a meeting and discuss the terms...this isn't the best spot for hashing out the details.

12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
The money raised is going into an account for Summer Simmons and family. If something is done for the children it will be done at a later date. If you'd like to know more or why, email me with your name and I'll be more than happy to explain it to you. I'm not about to debate the things that would need to be discussed in a public forum with anonymous people.

Eric

12-05-2007, 03:40 PM
The kids deserve the money for sure (in a trust fund) as for the unborn how do we really know that is't Ray's........

Summer Simmons will get insurance and she can work. The kids can't.

Payton, McKenna and her unborn sister/brother deserve ALL the money

Ray would agree !

12-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I am not in LE...but I have been completely confused by the LE profession. You guys rallied to honor Ray's memory by attending his funeral in numbers that completely amazed me. You setup a fund to collect your hard earned money to help Ray's family. All of these are extremely honorable and gracious. And yet to read some of the posts on this thread and other threads, it shocks me at how low some of you can stoop to dishonor Ray's remaining family and friends.

Out of respect, some things just don't need to be talked about in a public forum. If for no other reason, please honor Ray's memory by remaining honorable and gracious.

thank you!

12-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I absolutely agree, JAB. Its embarassing to watch fellow LEOs bicker in public about private issues. It is disrespectful and makes all of us look like trash.

Eric, I'd suggest posting your email again with the information and having the moderator lock this post down. If people want to help they can help without posting it here. The initial post requesting help instructed people to email you. Hash this out in email...not here.

MOD 353
12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I am going to lock this down. Again, I can't believe how thoughtless some of you people are. Some of you truly are an embarrassement to our profession. Eric, repost your email info and request and I will lock it so no one posts on it. I will then delete this thread.