PDA

View Full Version : Off of BSO Forum

11-30-2007, 09:46 PM
During the course of our lives, each and every one of us will eventually get pulled over for doing something stupid. Not paying attention, speeding, rolling stops....... we are all guilty from time to time. We are not perfect and do not claim to be. Even cops, troopers, deputies can have bad days, domestic arguments, job stress..... just like the average joe blow we pull over. Joe Blow gets pulled over and depending on his attitude or excuse you can cut him a break if you want to, it's your choice.

So why should you not write another cop if we are no better than the Joe Blow you just wrote ? Here is how I like to look at it. I may never have met you before, don't know your personality, don't know how your co-workers feel about you, your ethics..... But I do know you are a fellow cop. I know that no matter what, when you are screaming for help, I am balls to the wall to help you. When you are getting shot at, I am the first to come running to your aid and take the risk of losing my life to help save yours. I know when I see you getting your ass kicked on the side of the road, I am the one who will skid to a stop and help you not mater what. I know when you run into a burning building (when rescue is staging) I will go in with you because I will not leave you alone. I know when everyone else is running away from danger leaving you alone, I will run to you and stand with you till the end.

We do the things that others are scared to do. We are the only profession where just simply doing your job will cost you your life. We are the only profession that asks us to put our lives on the line every day for people we don't even know. So I ask you this. If you can give a complete stranger a break from time to time, don't you think always giving a break to someone who is willing to risk his life to save yours a small favor to give ? I can not imagine the look on my face one day if I were getting my butt kicked and the person who just saved my life was the same guy I thought deserved a ticket so much just a short time ago. A moving/non moving citation is discretionary !

12-01-2007, 12:33 AM
During the course of our lives, each and every one of us will eventually get pulled over for doing something stupid. Not paying attention, speeding, rolling stops....... we are all guilty from time to time. We are not perfect and do not claim to be. Even cops, troopers, deputies can have bad days, domestic arguments, job stress..... just like the average joe blow we pull over. Joe Blow gets pulled over and depending on his attitude or excuse you can cut him a break if you want to, it's your choice.

So why should you not write another cop if we are no better than the Joe Blow you just wrote ? Here is how I like to look at it. I may never have met you before, don't know your personality, don't know how your co-workers feel about you, your ethics..... But I do know you are a fellow cop. I know that no matter what, when you are screaming for help, I am balls to the wall to help you. When you are getting shot at, I am the first to come running to your aid and take the risk of losing my life to help save yours. I know when I see you getting your ass kicked on the side of the road, I am the one who will skid to a stop and help you not mater what. I know when you run into a burning building (when rescue is staging) I will go in with you because I will not leave you alone. I know when everyone else is running away from danger leaving you alone, I will run to you and stand with you till the end.

We do the things that others are scared to do. We are the only profession where just simply doing your job will cost you your life. We are the only profession that asks us to put our lives on the line every day for people we don't even know. So I ask you this. If you can give a complete stranger a break from time to time, don't you think always giving a break to someone who is willing to risk his life to save yours a small favor to give ? I can not imagine the look on my face one day if I were getting my butt kicked and the person who just saved my life was the same guy I thought deserved a ticket so much just a short time ago. A moving/non moving citation is discretionary !

Maybe Motorman Deputy Bukkata should read this, he doesnt care about cops or their families!!!! he'd write his own mother.... Thats ok bro just go through the motions..jerk!