PDA

View Full Version : recent union meeting

11-30-2007, 02:52 AM
Who agreed and did not agree with the way the recent union meeting was ran

11-30-2007, 02:54 AM
I disagree with the forum. The items covered were out of line. I better shut up before they figure out who I am

12-01-2007, 06:13 AM
hey copper2. reach down and find some. Why didnt you speak up? I guess you think everything is PEACHY....

12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I disagree with the forum. The items covered were out of line. I better shut up before they figure out who I am

opinion:"belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge"

We value your opinion

12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
These meetings are useless. A bunch of whiners. We never get anywhere. Someone please take control.

12-07-2007, 12:16 AM
The whiners are loud but the problem children are the quiet, sit on the sidelines and egg it on people, like the meeting hosts.

It could be worse, it could be alot worse

12-07-2007, 02:31 AM
oh no the admin has joined our page :roll:

12-08-2007, 02:14 AM
oh no, a whiner has joined our page

12-14-2007, 02:45 AM
The whiners are loud but the problem children are the quiet, sit on the sidelines and egg it on people, like the meeting hosts.

I apoligize that I have temporarily lowered myself to comment.

I'm a "Problem Child"? We were asked (again) to open our house to our "family" because of the location, yet some anonymous coward feels the need to make a derogatory comment about my wife and I. I am open to, and very interested in, hearing your side (if you have the gumption). Unfortunately, I do not think I will hear from you (cowards rarely surface, and I've narrowed it down to 2). Please feel free to contact me in person, phone, Nextel, e-mail, messenger pigion, 3rd party, telegraph, etc... I am available 24-7, as I have been for 20+ years. My silence, although none of your business, was due to the topic(s) at hand. These meetings should be productive, not a gripe session. Plus, we could do without those that feign loyalty and walk out of my house and immediately call the brass, you're not fooling anyone. Those who truely know me, know that I will speak my mind.

In summation, I encourage everyone to cease making negative entries on this site, or at least use caution. Try something new... leave your name! I recognize the need to vent; however, this is not the proper venue, nor is it productive. This only sheds a dark cloud on the City, the department, your brothers & sisters and our PROFESSION. Stay safe and train hard!

PS... Do not use department computers

12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
what are you talking about, you ARE the brass.

You play nice with the admin but complain to anyone who will listen and then portray yourself as Mr. Stand Up?

Start being part of the solution and stop being part of the problem, be a positive leader, and really help this department.

12-14-2007, 12:02 PM

I'm a "Problem Child"? We were asked (again) to open our house to our "family" because of the location, yet some anonymous coward feels the need to make a derogatory comment about my wife and I. I am open to, and very interested in, hearing your side (if you have the gumption). Unfortunately, I do not think I will hear from you (cowards rarely surface, and I've narrowed it down to 2). Please feel free to contact me in person, phone, Nextel, e-mail, messenger pigion, 3rd party, telegraph, etc... I am available 24-7, as I have been for 20+ years. My silence, although none of your business, was due to the topic(s) at hand. These meetings should be productive, not a gripe session. Plus, we could do without those that feign loyalty and walk out of my house and immediately call the brass, you're not fooling anyone. Those who truely know me, know that I will speak my mind.

In summation, I encourage everyone to cease making negative entries on this site, or at least use caution. Try something new... leave your name! I recognize the need to vent; however, this is not the proper venue, nor is it productive. This only sheds a dark cloud on the City, the department, your brothers & sisters and our PROFESSION. Stay safe and train hard!

Hey Rick I appriciate you and Carol opening your house up, ove the years

E1

12-15-2007, 08:51 PM

Hey Rick I appriciate you and Carol opening your house up, ove the years

E1

me neither

12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
There's a right way and a wrong way to go about things. It was an embarasment.

12-16-2007, 06:16 PM

If you are unhappy about the results of a union meeting then don't condemn it here, get involved and work to change things. But be prepared, chances are what you do will be viewed upon as wrong too. Someone always has a "better way" but few step up and take the chance.

12-16-2007, 06:41 PM

UNION MEMBERS VOTING ON WHETHER TO OFFER A SHOW OF SUPPORT FOR A CANDIDATE FOR THE UPCOMING CHIEFS POSITON, (FACE IT WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING), AND ASKING UNION REPS TO SPEAK ON OFFICERS BEHALF REGARDING THE CURRENT DRIVE ON TICKETS IS AN EMBARRASSMENT? EITHER YOU ARE NOT AN OFFICER OR YOU HAVE NEVER ATTENDED A UNION MEETING. THERE WAS NOTHING INAPPROPRAITE SAID OR DONE THERE.

12-21-2007, 08:59 PM
real leaders stand up and take charge when there is a problem.....I did see someone doing that at the meeting.....don't cry on-line......man up.....

12-22-2007, 03:36 AM
Good point Rick