PDA

View Full Version : proactive community policing

11-29-2007, 01:09 AM
I know there are a good hand full of OFCs that are proactive in terms of doing walk throughs, going to with p's and doing the traffic stops...

But i also notice that there isn's alot of us taking a moment to sit and chat with the local business owners or at least take the time to get out and walk through the businesses and show a little face time.

so the question is, if some of us are not into being proactive, why aren't more of us dedicating some of our down times to the businesses? Not the usual quick picks but the banks, dealerships, and beauty supply stores, etc...

LAM

11-29-2007, 01:12 AM
i think it depends on the individuals but I really don't think the business owners give a f@%k anyways.... but keep on doing the right thing... :wink:

11-29-2007, 01:43 AM
I know there are a good hand full of OFCs that are proactive in terms of doing walk throughs, going to with p's and doing the traffic stops...

But i also notice that there isn's alot of us taking a moment to sit and chat with the local business owners or at least take the time to get out and walk through the businesses and show a little face time.

so the question is, if some of us are not into being proactive, why aren't more of us dedicating some of our down times to the businesses? Not the usual quick picks but the banks, dealerships, and beauty supply stores, etc...

LAMIs this a joke? No really is it? Tell it to me straight, are you for real? I dont know where to begin... DO NOT DO THIS "PROACTIVE COMMUNITY POLICING" UNTIL THE CITY PAYS US RIGHT! Dont do walk thrus, or 13 ps or traffic. They dont deserve our service. Anyway Delgado, Pubien, Marto and Lumpkins are here to do that.

11-29-2007, 08:03 PM

LAMIs this a joke? No really is it? Tell it to me straight, are you for real? I dont know where to begin... DO NOT DO THIS "PROACTIVE COMMUNITY POLICING" UNTIL THE CITY PAYS US RIGHT! Dont do walk thrus, or 13 ps or traffic. They dont deserve our service. Anyway Delgado, Pubien, Marto and Lumpkins are here to do that.

I AGREEEEEEEEE

11-29-2007, 10:45 PM
It is very sad that you are the only person who agrees.

12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
So much for actully doing the job because it has to be done and not worrying about a paycheck.

12-01-2007, 08:32 PM
So much for actully doing the job because it has to be done and not worrying about a paycheck.

you are kidding right?

12-04-2007, 02:48 AM
So much for actully doing the job because it has to be done and not worrying about a paycheck.No, It is not just about a pay check. You maybe rich and pay not matter to you but alot of us cant afford a house in shallow side or deepside. We live paycheck to pay check. Some officers here have forclosures and repos because of low pay.

The city is ripping us off plain and simple. It is obvious and people like you let them do it. We have officers who cant afford to live here leaving for some of our bordering agencies. It is hard to find good officers because of the low pay. Now you gotta really watch your back with incompetent officers or short shifts.

Plus dont you want a permanent street crimes unit or a better swat team or more openings in all the specialized units? A training facility of our own? More take home cars? More toys to do your job better and efficent? More professional and better zone partners?

Also it is not all about you, there is like 50 more officers here besides you that NEED not want higher pay and other things as they near retirement. That is the problem with you rookies, it is always me me me. We are supposed to be a team but everyone is out for themselves and only expect everyone to fight when it is effecting them. The city loves the fact that we cant get it together and fight them. We would win if everyone did thier part. Go to the fop meetings even if nothing is going on. Go to the commision meetings.

Do you like chasing chicken heads all night? It will be kinda hard when you have no 10-94. Just for once, can we all get onto the same page?

01-16-2008, 02:59 AM
So much for actully doing the job because it has to be done and not worrying about a paycheck. Granit I think Teachers and Cops should be one of the highest paid professions. However, keep in mind that most cops have only a high school diploma. So when I hear whining alllllllll the timmmmme about salaries--I think to myself where else could you go with barely a GED and start off with $40 grand. Don't be so quick to say how bad the salary is as most people with a HS diploma and/or GED make around $15 thousand annually if they r lucky. Just food for thought.

P.S. 17 yrs in the business and I have never met a Cop who was satisfied with their salary.

01-17-2008, 02:58 AM
I guess we know who's got the GED. It spelled and pronounced "Granted."

01-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I guess we know who's got the GED. It spelled and pronounced "Granted."

Hey, Stay Sane, You work for the hill? If you answer, no, then go away with your crap.

01-18-2008, 03:24 AM
So much for actully doing the job because it has to be done and not worrying about a paycheck. Granit I think Teachers and Cops should be one of the highest paid professions. However, keep in mind that most cops have only a high school diploma. So when I hear whining alllllllll the timmmmme about salaries--I think to myself where else could you go with barely a GED and start off with $40 grand. Don't be so quick to say how bad the salary is as most people with a HS diploma and/or GED make around $15 thousand annually if they r lucky. Just food for thought.

P.S. 17 yrs in the business and I have never met a Cop who was satisfied with their salary.Ummmm....Flippin' hamburgers or stocking shelves at Publix with a h.s diploma is a tiny bit different from getting shot at, getting killed and getting beat down physically, mentally and emotionally every day at work by the people you work with, the people you work for, the people you help and the media. So go sit down somewhere and contemplate your umbelicus.

01-18-2008, 03:40 PM

P.S. 17 yrs in the business and I have never met a Cop who was satisfied with their salary.Ummmm....Flippin' hamburgers or stocking shelves at Publix with a h.s diploma is a tiny bit different from getting shot at, getting killed and getting beat down physically, mentally and emotionally every day at work by the people you work with, the people you work for, the people you help and the media. So go sit down somewhere and contemplate your umbelicus.

YOU SAID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!