PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shinn

11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
What the heck happened to Brian Shinn??? I just heard ...

11-29-2007, 01:09 AM
he passed away.

12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
its a shame that when a fellow officer passes away that the city/police department does not take care of the funeral for the family. not many know, but some of the family did not have a ride to the church on the day of the funeral. members of Brians unit were dispatched to the Shinn residence to pick up the family members so that they could attend the funeral. this is a shame. why couldnt the p.d. pay for some limos to take the family members to the funeral??

for an agency that preaches "do the right thig", the right thing hasnt been done in quite a while...

R.I.P. Brian
you will be missed...

12-02-2007, 01:04 AM
I agree, though I never knew Det. Shinn, a lot of members from the S.O. knew him and were sadden by his departure. I would only hope that the family members made it to the funeral to have their loved one rest in peace. I give his family my condolences for losing a member is tragic, especially unexpected.

My Godspeed,
Just a fellow brother

AFOR
12-02-2007, 03:29 AM
"Do The Right Thing" is nothing more than empty words from empty heads. It comes from those who are only consistent in the way they never do the right thing. They wouldn't know the right thing if it crawled up and bit them in the butt.

Goodbye Brian Shinn. You were one of the good guys. You will be missed.

Sparkie
12-02-2007, 01:10 PM
As I understand it, a "private" citizen and a member of the police department felt compelled to donate a limo to the family so that they could travel the procession together. Its great to see some folks "do the right thing".

Lonewolf1
12-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Please don't use this particular thread to politicize your personal feelings about the "Department". Instead, save it for another topical thread and focus on the "good cop" and family man that Brian was.

Brian worked for me in COPS and I have many good memories of him. He was and is an example that many of us could emulate for our own well being. He will be greatly missed.

12-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Rest in eternal peace, Brian, your work here is done ... and may God bless and comfort your family & friends during this difficult time.