PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Face?

11-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Would there be support for a Retired LEO from out of the area, who will bring a fresh outlook to the job? A new Sheriff who cares about the rank and file? Someone who does not owe anything to any of the local politicians? Please give your opinions here.

11-29-2007, 12:10 AM
This is the same old story. All candidates say this in order to get the support of the rank and file. Sorry but we hear this every 4 years.

12-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Such a person doesn't exist.

They're a fallacy.

Same BLAH BLAH BLAH every election and then when they get into office; 180* switch.

BAIT & SWITCH if you ask me. :(

12-29-2007, 10:50 PM
I know of someone with experience in the Criminal Justice System who wants to run for Sheriff in 2008, but he needs support. He is only willing to run because he believes that the other candidates are yesterday's news. He believes in bringing Integrity back to YOUR department. If he could speak to a group of dedicated and concerned members of the department, you would see that he is sincere. Would you be interested in hearing what he has to say? Or do you want to choose between Mr. Cameron and Mr. Worsch? Wouldn't you like an alternative to the same old choices?

12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
then run and let hte voters decide

12-30-2007, 01:28 PM
then run and let hte voters decide

12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
sure set up a gathering and we will get as many deputies there as we can and we wil meet the person and discuss the future of the agency with them. what can it hurt

DistrictDeputy
12-31-2007, 06:09 AM
To the members who would like to attend something like this, here is some advise for you. Do not wear anything that says you are a member of the agency when you attend the meeting. Keep your job seperate from your political view point. You have a right to vote and support who you want to, but be careful in how you support your candidate. Do not give any political opinions while you are working. I would not even take your patrol vehicle to a meeting like this. Just some advise from someone who have been here through over 4 elections.

01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Could someone in the department informally inquire as to how many officers would like to attend an informal get together with the man who could be your next Sheriff? He will obtain a local meeting room for the time and day that is most convenient for you. He would like to speak to a group of officers to see if he could gain your support in this very important race for Sheriff. Every day I read that many officers are not satisfied with the two main candidates. If you feel that someone else deserves a chance to be heard, this is your opportunity.

01-18-2008, 11:23 PM
You will not get anyone to attend a meeting without even knowing his name. Your best chance to introduce your friend or yourself would be to make a profile on a website or even a website itself to introduce what you feel you can bring to the table.

I wouldn't show up to see someone talk that I did not know. You need to give a little something before we can tell you who would show up.

Just my advice.

01-19-2008, 06:36 AM
IF YOU WANT A VOICE YOU NEED A UNION! "THAT IS THE VOTE THAT IS GOING TO COUNT THE MOST...... :)

01-19-2008, 12:43 PM
IF YOU WANT A VOICE YOU NEED A UNION! "THAT IS THE VOTE THAT IS GOING TO COUNT THE MOST...... :)

:shock: what the hell do unions have to do with gathering support for a potential candidate? :shock:

01-20-2008, 06:04 AM
The union has no teeth to do anything with. If we disagree on anything the final decisions all come back to the sheriff.

01-21-2008, 07:29 AM
If you really want change the only Vote that will count will be one for a UNION :D any Elected Official only really worries about themselves.

01-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Take your union back to New York, Longshoreman....

01-24-2008, 09:57 PM
People say whatever you want to hear. Then when they get into office they realize things like a budget and commisioners and residents and bureaucracy and cheese eating dinosaur administrators. Its the nature of the beast. Its nice to think that your gonna make things better for the collective bargaining unit members. But the reality is that your allegiance better be with the residents and keeping over head low (thats code for budget) or you'll be replaced. Its a self preservation technique.
So go ahead and run for office, aint nothin gonna change around here anytime soon with you or anyone else.