PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone respect Cpl. Richard Mankewich

11-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey after seeing this episode on Court TV, where the MIAMI MAJOR was arrested..

Well I just want to know....DOES that Cpl. Richard Mankewich still have respect from his fellow Deps?

I mean ya the Major was a little "out of hand" but for someone who was a cop for 27 years of his LIFE, and getting pulled out of the car like that, I would be pissed as well. And then someone went for his face, which resulted in him getting sprayed.

What is writing a guy a ticket after 27 years really going to do.

Ya, def seems some profiling in there for the T-stop, everyone does it, but you should man up to it. The fact that you would write another cop a ticket is WRONG. I mean the ticket was stupid as well, changing lanes? PLEASE OMFG. That was messed up..

11-27-2007, 04:53 AM
I thought that horse was beat to death and buried. In the academy (1999) we spent hours debating that case. Who's right, who's wrong? Either way, it was an ugly day for law enforcement.

12-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I hate all you white racist cops. Why don't you come down to Miami and do some real police work. Traffic is not doing police work. You white devils are scared of the blacks and hispanics because they will **** you up. Real cuban cop. (305) in the mother ****in house.

12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
305, you are ignorant and you sound like a gangbanger. It was not a traffic unit, but a drug interdiction unit. They seized alot of drugs and made a difference. Thats how you get drugs on the pike, make alot of stops(with pc) and see what you find. Thats the only way to do it. Perhaps I'll go visit miami and see how it's done, but I've got to wait until my new passport arrives. Can an United States LEO carry a firearm in Miami?

12-13-2007, 02:33 AM
305, you are ignorant and you sound like a gangbanger. It was not a traffic unit, but a drug interdiction unit. They seized alot of drugs and made a difference. Thats how you get drugs on the pike, make alot of stops(with pc) and see what you find. Thats the only way to do it. Perhaps I'll go visit miami and see how it's done, but I've got to wait until my new passport arrives. Can an United States LEO carry a firearm in Miami?

actually that unit went to the turnpike made a few stops until DEA called and said your target is 5 miles south of the county line then they jumped it and took the dope.

12-14-2007, 04:45 AM
At what point do you let this issue go??? Black or white...it's old. Let it go.

12-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Both the Major and the Deputy were wrong in their personal thinking and actions. He MR. 305, grow up! You do sound like a Hialeah gangbanger. You should consider changing your label from "Real Cuban Cop" to American-Cuban Cop. Last time I checked in Florida, one must first be US citizen to become a police officer, therefore; that would make you an AMERICAN.

BTW: If you're trying to represent your nationality, make sure you show the best we American Cubans have to offer.

01-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Get your facts straight BSO tard, it was a written warning and it in no way warranted that racist biggoted Major to batter that deputy. If that Major pulled that crap in my county he would have had his azz handed to him and then stayed in jail. He was the criminal there. He above all should have understood that this deputy was trying to do his job. The Major should have shown better judgement and restraint then to show his african azz as if he was a hood rat getting shook down by the local top cop. But lets blame the white deputy for doing his job. F-U-C-K that Major and F-U-C-K you for bringing it up.

EXACTLY

01-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Isn't that ex-major now the CHIEF of the new Miami Gardens PD?

01-05-2008, 01:44 AM
Isn't that ex-major now the CHIEF of the new Miami Gardens PD?

No... he is a city councilman for Miami Gardens.....

http://www.miamigardens-fl.gov/Council/Seat1.aspx

01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I'll agree with the fact that both were wrong in the way they handled the situation. Understandably as much as it may pain some individuals of minority (I myself being a Black Officer), and even more individuals of the smaller minority (Minority Officers) to admit it the Major was indeed wrong in the way he escalated the situation after he was pulled over. We all need to realize that even though we are indeed Peace Officers and through certain wordings of our penal code are Peace Officers (24/7) when it come to public safety. We are however not the contact officer when being pulled over. It's virtually the same as the instruction that you are given while in the Academy while off duty an officer needs to assess the situation (i.e. being present at a bank robbery with 3 armed gunmen, are you going to draw your weapon and identify yourself or do what most of us are taught and become a witness, because there is no better witness than a police officer), because there is no better witness to a crime than a police officer. But back to the point regardless of how we feel about being pulled we have to remain professional in the way we handle the situation.

Now addressing the actions of the Cpl. He should have also maintained his sense of professionalism. That is the reason the Instructors in the Academy spend the first few months yelling and what not, to assure that we as officers remain professional and tactful while performing our jobs.

If the Major felt he was being profiled, you handle that situation by going in uniform the next day and having a professional conversation with the Chief/Sheriff/Station Commander. Trust me that works. {My father a Lieutenant with a Los Angeles Area P.D. walked into a L.A. County Sheriff's Station off duty and asked for a location of Business to which the Deputies working the front counter responded they "I Don't Know!!" in a very rude and disrespectful manner. Upon searching for the business location my father discovered the business was directly across the street from the Station. Now could my father have went back to the Station and spoke with the deputies? Yes. Did he "No". We instead waited until the following day, returned to the station in Class "A" uniform in a Patrol Car definitely to the surprise of both deputies as they immediately recognized us and proceeded to request a meeting with the Station Captain. As we all know shit rolls downhill from the Captain to Lieutenant to Sergeant to Senior Deputies to the deputies who worked the front counter that night}

You may not agree with how I feel regarding the situation, but so be it. Be safe out there wear your vest.

01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm tired of people trying to make this a black and white thing.

Next time your at work, go out onto the interstate at night and park in the median. Try to tell what race people are as they go past.

The Miami major was an asshat and caused the whole incident. He deserved a good old fashioned ass-kickin.

Britcop
01-27-2008, 05:13 AM
I'll agree with the fact that both were wrong in the way they handled the situation. Understandably as much as it may pain some individuals of minority (I myself being a Black Officer), and even more individuals of the smaller minority (Minority Officers) to admit it the Major was indeed wrong in the way he escalated the situation after he was pulled over. We all need to realize that even though we are indeed Peace Officers and through certain wordings of our penal code are Peace Officers (24/7) when it come to public safety. We are however not the contact officer when being pulled over. It's virtually the same as the instruction that you are given while in the Academy while off duty an officer needs to assess the situation (i.e. being present at a bank robbery with 3 armed gunmen, are you going to draw your weapon and identify yourself or do what most of us are taught and become a witness, because there is no better witness than a police officer), because there is no better witness to a crime than a police officer. But back to the point regardless of how we feel about being pulled we have to remain professional in the way we handle the situation.

Now addressing the actions of the Cpl. He should have also maintained his sense of professionalism. That is the reason the Instructors in the Academy spend the first few months yelling and what not, to assure that we as officers remain professional and tactful while performing our jobs.

If the Major felt he was being profiled, you handle that situation by going in uniform the next day and having a professional conversation with the Chief/Sheriff/Station Commander. Trust me that works. {My father a Lieutenant with a Los Angeles Area P.D. walked into a L.A. County Sheriff's Station off duty and asked for a location of Business to which the Deputies working the front counter responded they "I Don't Know!!" in a very rude and disrespectful manner. Upon searching for the business location my father discovered the business was directly across the street from the Station. Now could my father have went back to the Station and spoke with the deputies? Yes. Did he "No". We instead waited until the following day, returned to the station in Class "A" uniform in a Patrol Car definitely to the surprise of both deputies as they immediately recognized us and proceeded to request a meeting with the Station Captain. As we all know shizzat rolls downhill from the Captain to Lieutenant to Sergeant to Senior Deputies to the deputies who worked the front counter that night}

You may not agree with how I feel regarding the situation, but so be it. Be safe out there wear your vest.

Great post. Race should never be an issue in our line of work. We're all brothers. After reading your post I'd take you as my zone partner over some of these other Yahoos anyday. Stay safe my brother.

06-18-2010, 11:11 PM
The black cop is the one who had no respect! Lock his a** up. He acted like a crimminal and should be treated like one!

06-19-2010, 02:07 AM

If the Major felt he was being profiled, you handle that situation by going in uniform the next day and having a professional conversation with the Chief/Sheriff/Station Commander. Trust me that works. {My father a Lieutenant with a Los Angeles Area P.D. walked into a L.A. County Sheriff's Station off duty and asked for a location of Business to which the Deputies working the front counter responded they "I Don't Know!!" in a very rude and disrespectful manner. Upon searching for the business location my father discovered the business was directly across the street from the Station. Now could my father have went back to the Station and spoke with the deputies? Yes. Did he "No". We instead waited until the following day, returned to the station in Class "A" uniform in a Patrol Car definitely to the surprise of both deputies as they immediately recognized us and proceeded to request a meeting with the Station Captain. As we all know shizzat rolls downhill from the Captain to Lieutenant to Sergeant to Senior Deputies to the deputies who worked the front counter that night}

Very well said. I agree with BritCop. I'm LEO, not with OCSO. I came upon this bulletin and was greatly disheartened because I realized it wasn't just my department who had "those" cops. What happened to the brother-en? I'm more afraid of the people I work with than the people on the street. On the street I usually know who wants to stab me in the back.
It was quite refreshing to see a well thought out rebuttal that didn't have to have every other word be profanity, and didn't slam a co-worker in order to make his point.
Thank you, I'm glad to know that there are decent "Peace Officers" on this site.

06-22-2010, 12:25 AM
To answer the ORIGINAL question...I sure as he// don't respect him and he's a Sergeant now. Goggle his name and see some of the other crap he's done in the last ten years. TOOL

MOD 496
02-18-2011, 08:48 PM
I expect everyone who posts on this forum to be professional and abide by the Terms of Use. The last post was deleted due to a violation of the Terms of Use.