PDA

View Full Version : hiring process

11-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I was wondering what is involved in your hiring process. I saw there is a physical and backgound but how about a neighborhood survey or a pollygraph?

Grumpy SA
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
There is an extensive background, to include all financial info, running your spouse as well as a neighborhood canvass. I haven't seen any polygraphs in my almost 10 years, but have been told that one could be used for a special issue and/or significant break in LEO service.

nflboy71
12-06-2007, 06:34 PM
I have a question about a timeline on the hiring process. I sent in my app. in July of his year. I received a call where a guy went over my app and asked me a series of questions. That was on August 31. It all sounded positive; the guy said he didn't know my place in line, but said to sit tight. I'm assuming a waiting game. Haven't heard anything since. Anybody have any input as to when the rest will start to happen? Would I be overbearing to call recruitment in tally? I've just seen a few posts where people are progressing in there process. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

12-06-2007, 06:59 PM
It took me a while to get hired, but I wouldn't bother Tally,This will not get you anywhere quicker, just be patient. The state does not move very fast. Good Luck

nflboy71
12-08-2007, 04:02 PM
I figured as much, being a state leo. I am familiar with the state being slow as Christmas. Thanks for the reply and the info....

BOSMIA
02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I have a question about a timeline on the hiring process. I sent in my app. in July of his year. I received a call where a guy went over my app and asked me a series of questions. That was on August 31. It all sounded positive; the guy said he didn't know my place in line, but said to sit tight. I'm assuming a waiting game. Haven't heard anything since. Anybody have any input as to when the rest will start to happen? Would I be overbearing to call recruitment in tally? I've just seen a few posts where people are progressing in there process. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Academy is the end of March

02-22-2008, 12:08 PM
did fdle cancel their most recent hiring announcement that was supposed to close in june? it is no longer listed on the myflorida website

if so does this suggest budget issues ?

02-22-2008, 07:04 PM
did fdle cancel their most recent hiring announcement that was supposed to close in june? it is no longer listed on the myflorida website

if so does this suggest budget issues ?
its there

https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html ... rmCode=any (https://jobs.myflorida.com/viewjob.html?optlink-view=view-233013&ERFormID=newjoblist&ERFormCode=any)

02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
with the budget being what it is, does it look like there will be a freeze on hiring new SA's ?
it seemed to me initially that mroc was in need of a lot of bodies.

02-26-2008, 03:28 AM
with the budget being what it is, does it look like there will be a freeze on hiring new SA's ?
it seemed to me initially that mroc was in need of a lot of bodies.
No need racino officers

Dade will be up in running soon as well

03-02-2008, 03:32 PM
where do current applicants stand in the hiring process (oralboard/background/psych)

03-02-2008, 09:06 PM
If someone could let us know, I also just heard from an Agent that they saw an e-mail that all positions are frozen. Can someone verify and plans for the future if any in 08. Thanks !

03-03-2008, 01:23 AM
I hear that those slated for the March 31 Academy (high liability March 24) will be notified this week. Seems like it might be hurry up and wait. The wait may be over and time to hurry up for the psyche, drug screen, dr. exam and report to tally. Just a guess. Good luck to all applying.

03-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Posted: 03/02/08 20:23:14 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear that those slated for the March 31 Academy (high liability March 24) will be notified this week. Seems like it might be hurry up and wait. The wait may be over and time to hurry up for the psyche, drug screen, dr. exam and report to tally. Just a guess. Good luck to all applying.

That's some pretty quick processing there. Barely enough time to get the psych and exam and still give 2 weeks notice to my agency. I guess a few days in the office and then it's off to Tally? We get issued a vehicle to take to the Academy?

03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
not sure about vehicles. Someone stated earlier that the agency pays for 2 trips home during the academy, this makes me think that you use your pov until after the academy.

High liability is also in Tally (I think).

Posted: 03/02/08 20:23:14 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's some pretty quick processing there. Barely enough time to get the psych and exam and still give 2 weeks notice to my agency. I guess a few days in the office and then it's off to Tally? We get issued a vehicle to take to the Academy?

03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
If someone could let us know, I also just heard from an Agent that they saw an e-mail that all positions are frozen. Can someone verify and plans for the future if any in 08. Thanks !

any further info on this?

03-04-2008, 03:24 AM
rumor

03-09-2008, 08:42 PM
any truth to the claim that the new requirement is one year sworn LE experience and a 4 year degree. if so, does this apply to applicants who have already submitted their applications and had the telephone interview?

03-10-2008, 12:02 AM
And I remember when you needed five years experience as an investigator, and even then, had to fight to get on.

03-15-2008, 02:22 PM
any movement for SA applicants recently?

03-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Well SATA 29 is up to 32 people... Sounds like a big class. Budget cuts get everyone into the dorms !!!!!

03-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Are any of the 32 for areas outside of S. Fl.

03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I was just contacted by the background investigator, from this point can someone tell me how long it takes to do ? I have heard stories of 1 year ?

03-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Unfortunately at this point, if you didn’t make March's academy it may be a while... I was told by HR personnel that after March there is a hiring freeze and unk if they will have a second academy this year... might have to wait till next year.... So at this point they are probably not in a rush and this will prob slow the process down...

04-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Based on the news out of Tall. all new hires are on hold. Does anyone have any info on when the hiring will begin again. Its been over 6 months and all we had is one interview and was told we are moving on, but no oral or pats have been scheduled. I guess we should look at other agencies who are hiring ? Any suggestions ?

04-06-2008, 12:45 AM
If I were you I'd check with the locals. Look at a S.O. because more than likely your local S.O. is on state retirement and if you get tired of the job, or the area you can transfer your retirement. And who knows maybe in a couple of years the state might be a place to work???