PDA

View Full Version : WORK TO THE RULE

11-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Listen up.

Sunrise, Cora Springs, Pines are now some of the highest paid in the state. Fort Lauderdale is about to et an amazing contract too. WE HAVE NOTHING!

Everyone complains about their pay. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT besides talk about it. Pickit in front of city hall all day, get the media involved. Most of all, do what has worked in the past for many department. WORK TO THE RULE!
Thats means you truly only answer service calls. Let the drug dealers, murders and robbers run the city. You work for Lauderhill; It will only take a week for this city for burn. Besides, theres not even a street crimes unit to pick up the slack.

WORK TO THE RULE!!!

11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
like you said, everyone has to be on this boat.

We have an agency full of complainers, thats about it.

11-22-2007, 03:40 PM
You want to get the media's attention? Make "will work for food" signs and stand on all four corners and the medians of oakland park boulevard and 56 avenue wearing fop shirts.

Do it from 730 to 1200 and hopefully at least 1 commisioner will pass by and see it.

To add to that have someone annonimously drop a hint to the sun sentinel and miami herald and hell, channel 7 news.

11-22-2007, 03:52 PM
where is our retro checks for the OT we worked?

11-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Look at lfd's contract. they got everything they wanted becuase feranda was an fire fighter the lpd gets crapped on. they delayed our contract like they always do until this tax cut came about. now they play games with us. they gave us that crappy bonus and 3.8 percent raise which put us 3 year officers a couple thousand below a 1 year officer anywhere else.

The city thinks we are a joke, LFD thinks we are a joke and I think we are a joke! If we dont start doing something about it, we will always be the biggest joke in the county.

11-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Look at lfd's contract. they got everything they wanted becuase feranda was an fire fighter the lpd gets crapped on. they delayed our contract like they always do until this tax cut came about. now they play games with us. they gave us that crappy bonus and 3.8 percent raise which put us 3 year officers a couple thousand below a 1 year officer anywhere else.

The city thinks we are a joke, LFD thinks we are a joke and I think we are a joke! If we dont start doing something about it, we will always be the biggest joke in the county.

QUIT *****ING AND DO SOMETHING THEN. YES, WE ARE A JOKE. SO DO SOMETHING. WE CAN TYPE ON THIS THREAD ALLLLLLLLLLL DAY AND IT WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING.

I AGREE TO THE WORK TO THE RULE ANGLE. IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST FOR OTHER DEPARTMENTS. PROBLEM IS, WE HAVE OFFICERS LIKE RODGERS AND LAGRASTA WHO REFUSE TO SIT IN THEIR CARS AND JUST ANSWER SERVICE CALLS.

EVERY LPD COP HAS TO COME TOGETHER, NOT THE 5 THAT SHOW UP AT FOP MEETINGS. ALWAYS AN EXCUSE. I HAVE TO WATCH THE KIDS, I WAS BUSY, HAD TO WASH THE CAR, OOOPS, I FORGOT.

IF YOU WANT MONEY, WORK FOR IT LIKE OTHER DEPARTMENTS HAD TOO.

FT LAUDERDALE PD HAS 250 OFFICERS WALKING AROUND WITH SIGNS. IT MADE THE NEWS AND BAMMM, THEY GET A NICE 21% RAISE OFFER.

NOW ITS THE HILLS TURN

11-22-2007, 07:09 PM

QUIT *****ING AND DO SOMETHING THEN. YES, WE ARE A JOKE. SO DO SOMETHING. WE CAN TYPE ON THIS THREAD ALLLLLLLLLLL DAY AND IT WONT AMOUNT TO ANYTHING.

I AGREE TO THE WORK TO THE RULE ANGLE. IT HAS WORKED IN THE PAST FOR OTHER DEPARTMENTS. PROBLEM IS, WE HAVE OFFICERS LIKE RODGERS AND LAGRASTA WHO REFUSE TO SIT IN THEIR CARS AND JUST ANSWER SERVICE CALLS.

EVERY LPD COP HAS TO COME TOGETHER, NOT THE 5 THAT SHOW UP AT FOP MEETINGS. ALWAYS AN EXCUSE. I HAVE TO WATCH THE KIDS, I WAS BUSY, HAD TO WASH THE CAR, OOOPS, I FORGOT.

IF YOU WANT MONEY, WORK FOR IT LIKE OTHER DEPARTMENTS HAD TOO.

FT LAUDERDALE PD HAS 250 OFFICERS WALKING AROUND WITH SIGNS. IT MADE THE NEWS AND BAMMM, THEY GET A NICE 21% RAISE OFFER.

NOW ITS THE HILLS TURNI am one of the officers that shows up at everything our fop does. I am trying to motivate the other officers like the ones you mentioned.

11-22-2007, 07:10 PM
didnt a few already try to get us to do a work to the rule deal? If i remember, it failed because idiots kept doing 1050's and kept being proactive.

It will only work if ALL of us do it. And its gonna take a while, not a week

11-22-2007, 08:19 PM
didnt a few already try to get us to do a work to the rule deal? If i remember, it failed because idiots kept doing 1050's and kept being proactive.

AMEN!!!

11-26-2007, 11:55 PM

AMEN!!!

Lauderhill will be the last to get $$ because Lauderhill cops dont want more $$. All they want to do is ***** about how bad life at the LPD is, but thats about it. Just *****ing. No action. If your a LPD Cop, ask yourself right now.."What have I done to better our pay personally"? Bet you answer, "umm, nottin".

11-27-2007, 12:10 AM

AMEN!!!

Lauderhill will be the last to get $$ because Lauderhill cops dont want more $$. All they want to do is ***** about how bad life at the LPD is, but thats about it. Just *****ing. No action. If your a LPD Cop, ask yourself right now.."What have I done to better our pay personally"? Bet you answer, "umm, nottin".Not true, they give up and leave for other departments. They gain personally but lose in the end because they did not stay and fight. It is frustrating as an officer nearing top out becaue no one else fights.

11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Every cop in Lauderhill is guilty of this except Bigwood, Hennessey, Fifer, Torres, Banner, The Lucas's and just a couple more officers that I cannot think of rite now. The rest of the officers are just sorry for not showing up to FOP meetings and other activities. This is sad seeing that we have a 120 person department and on an average 10 officers are active in the FOP.

11-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Every cop in Lauderhill is guilty of this except Bigwood, Hennessey, Fifer, Torres, Banner, The Lucas's and just a couple more officers that I cannot think of rite now. The rest of the officers are just sorry for not showing up to FOP meetings and other activities. This is sad seeing that we have a 120 person department and on an average 10 officers are active in the FOP.

VERY TRUE

11-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Whers our fop lately? Are they doin anything with the contract? Cant wait to vote frick and flunk out of pres and vice pres.

12-01-2007, 11:14 AM
speaking of the FOP.... did anyone get their FOP shirts? cuz I didnt

12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
speaking of the FOP.... did anyone get their FOP shirts? cuz I didnt

They get handed out at the meetings that you dont attend. Why would you want one anyways? So you wear it around the house?

Barak
12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
For clarification purposes, Ft. Laud. has not settled the contract yet and the union & city are still in negotiations. There has been no talk of a 21% raise either. We're still working our way thru this mess too & we've been working w/out a contract since Sept.

03-22-2008, 05:08 PM
It's been a few months now. How did this work out for you guys?

03-22-2008, 11:15 PM
It's been a few months now. How did this work out for you guys?

The negotation is supposed to be going smooth between the city and union. Were on standby to see if the city is going to keep their promise of making us the top third highest paid in the county.

We'll see what happens.