PDA

View Full Version : When did this happen?

11-17-2007, 01:58 AM
I wz scrolling thru n saw SPD on the roster. Not th first menu, but th drop down. Whtz up in Sarasota? I hear some grp is comn in to monitor u??? see if you r doin a good job or some1 is doin a good job. What brought that on and how did the ball get rollin? Is it gd or bd??? :roll:

11-17-2007, 02:03 AM
I hear its cause of the survey from the union . . .don't know for sure. Could just b something to make everyone feel good but lots of cops r signing the blues at 2050 . . .

11-18-2007, 10:37 AM
either way game on whats the latest gossip???????????????????????????

11-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Nothing good will come of this review by the IACP. We need to ignore the political wranglings of the chief and start getting ready for the next contract. Our new city manager is openly anti-police and has already been voicing his "concerns" to our union prez. We can't afford to move backwards anymore, our violent crimes are through the roof, calls for service are up significantly, overtime budgets are already dried up and we are concerned about scrap-metal. The City is going to move to limit and or remove any headway we made in the last contract, lets get with our shift reps and start finding out what is in store this coming negotation.

11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
The review was asked for by the city commission during budget hearings. They want to make sure the PD is operating correctly and NOT WASTING $$$$$$

What a joke, there is NO money to waste. The only way is to get rid of people. and that's what I hear is going to happen next year.

11-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I looked at crime stats from FDLE and we have way more crime than the City of Bradenton. Who would of thought that.--we need to go forward

nppdx86
12-05-2007, 02:08 AM
I wish u guys did not have to worry about this bs.. I wish u the best of luck.. If you want to quit the worry then come join SK down here with us..

12-05-2007, 11:37 AM
HUMMM NORTH PORT, NO THANKS WHERE IS THAT LEE COUNTY?

12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
The review was asked for by the city commission during budget hearings. They want to make sure the PD is operating correctly and NOT WASTING $$$$$$

What a joke, there is NO money to waste. [b]The only way is to get rid of people. and that's what I hear is going to happen next year[/n].
If Governor Crist has his way, it could happen in counties and cities all across Florida. We could see some municipalities folding aka completing disappearing, as in "un"incorporating. Governor Crist is destroying this state. Anyways, if Crist has his way, we were told that SSO could also have some layoffs and if it happens to us, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will happen to SPD and all the other cities in Sarasota County.

News Flash
12-05-2007, 12:52 PM
If Governor Crist has his way, it could happen in counties and cities all across Florida. We could see some municipalities folding aka completing disappearing, as in "un"incorporating. Governor Crist is destroying this state. Anyways, if Crist has his way, we were told that SSO could also have some layoffs and if it happens to us, you can bet your bottom dollar that it will happen to SPD and all the other cities in Sarasota County.
The following may be too complicated for this board, but it's posted as a follow-up story for your evaluation:

Fund used by Florida League of Cities to be unfrozen
TALLAHASSEE -- Facing a growing crunch to pay employees and bills, local governments will regain access to most of their money in a state-run investment fund by the end of the week.

Tuesday's decision by the trustees for the State Board of Administration capped a chaotic month that began with a run on the pool as cities pulled $10 billion from the fund before it was frozen last Thursday amid concerns that losses from subprime mortgages would end in devastating reversals.

Local governments did not endorse the plan.

Jeannie Garner, the director of financial services for the Florida League of Cities, said "with our property taxes being cut this past year and the possibility of even more in the future, this pool and the interest earnings it has created for us is more important than ever."

Among the unanswered questions was the possibility that some of the state's $138 billion pension fund was also invested in troubled mortgage-backed investments.
Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071205/NEWS/712050528/-1/Help07) for the full story.