PDA

View Full Version : are you kidding me

11-15-2007, 04:51 AM
When was the last time I saw one of you guys stop a car on the highway somewhere, granted you are to be utilized in the state parks, I am not bashing but the deal is plai nand simple DEP units are state law enforcement officers but why can't you for instance conduct a detail along 301 per say a speed detail right at your park entrance, is this allowed or is it something you choose not to do. I had to chime in when I read the post about them putting decals on your car, quite frankly I would be proud to say I am state law enforcement for Florida's state parks you guys and girls have a nice job very gravy. Again no offense I am just curious why would it be bad to change decals on vehicles, and also give yourselves some street cred, try stopping one of those s-12's out there everyonce in a while to show the folks what your all about.

11-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Thank you for all the great advice on how to do my job. But it is obvious you have no clue about what DEP officers do during a shift. Feel free to come out and do a ride along before you pass any kind of judgment. Although, I'm sorry to say..if you have a criminal record..no ride along!

11-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Sounds like the Troopers are getting bored with their board and are trying to feel superior.

When was the last time I saw one of you guys stop a car on the highway somewhere, granted you are to be utilized in the state parks, I am not bashing but the deal is plai nand simple DEP units are state law enforcement officers but why can't you for instance conduct a detail along 301 per say a speed detail right at your park entrance, is this allowed or is it something you choose not to do. I had to chime in when I read the post about them putting decals on your car, quite frankly I would be proud to say I am state law enforcement for Florida's state parks you guys and girls have a nice job very gravy. Again no offense I am just curious why would it be bad to change decals on vehicles, and also give yourselves some street cred, try stopping one of those s-12's out there everyonce in a while to show the folks what your all about.

03-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Sounds like the Troopers are getting bored with their board and are trying to feel superior.

I see FDEP out on the highways a lot. I know they travel from park to park and also conduct environmental criminal investigations throughout the counties. I also know saw they participated in the Florida Move Over law week with my agency. There are not many of them but those guys conducted themselves very professional here in Sarasota County. I have also seen them running radar on the State Road 72 that cuts through the Park area out in a part of the county we tend not to get a chance to patrol becasue of backed up call volume in other parts.

04-23-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm a road working trooper and the county I work there is a very hard working "Echo" unit. I do not know him personally b/c he is usally on the northend. He is always getting into something , going to S.O. calls , traffic stops (same stuff I enjoy doing). The state should pay us all more and cut funding from save the wales and help the everglades.