PDA

View Full Version : Our radio

11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
When you guys at DEP you Echo units got our radios you show
no consern for other officers. I try to raise dispatch for a 10-27
and all of a sudden you here Ehco ### 10-50 parking lot number
4 in the park, on a florida tag ##### run me a 10-27 and 10-29p..

Can you guys at least wait until maybe the air is clear???

Learn how to use the darn radio please... thank you

11-13-2007, 10:41 PM
When you guys at DEP you Echo units got our radios you show

How about YOUR dispatch acknowledge that we exist! How about when we give YOUR dispatch our 10-20, why does it have to be road intersections? Why do I have to tell YOUR dispatch what county I am in after I tell them my 10-20? Why do I get a phone call at zero hundred dark hours asking me if I am still 10-8? When I went 10-42 over 6 hours ago and YOUR dispatch acknowledged my 10-42. See a pattern here? The scenario goes both ways friend.

Don't go thinking that all DEP officers are as rude and arrogant as what you have encountered. Many DEP officers have no other LEO experience than here at DEP. Kind of sounds like some FHP Troopers huh?

FYI, it isn't YOUR radio. It is refered to as SLERS. For you Troopers, that acronym means "State Law Enforcement Radio System". Key word here is State Law Enforcement, not Florida Highway Patrol Radio System.

Get over yourself and take a good listen to some troopers on the radio, it is very funny when a trooper encounters something other than a traffic stop. It goes something like this: "Call 10-49, I need to get this domestic stopped. The 10-27 is XXXXXXX " or "Is it 10-4 to go 10-6 at the Jiffy Mart to get a drink?" Pretty comical indeed.

P.S. You might want to learn how to spell and learn proper sentence structure.

11-14-2007, 02:06 AM
YEA!!! WHAT HE SAID :evil:

11-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Easy there FHP Trooper! Was there not enough going on in the FHP board that you had to come over here to stir the pot?!?!

First, lets all agree that it is NOT FHP's radio despite what you may think. get out of the hole you have been living in..the radio was consolidated several YEARS ago!! Where have you been?!?!

OK, now that's out of the way....on to the next point....Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones...I have been on the radio on several occasions where my transmissions were cut off in the middle by a Trooper....that's right..I said a Trooper!!! If you have a problem with another LEO..maybe you should man up and talk to THAT Officer...Hmmmmmm..there's an adult thing to do..instead of making an anonymous post on a message board!!!

SO, are any of us perfect? NO...Is it possible that an officer was so caught up trying to get someone 10-50'd that he didn't even know he was "stepping" on you? YES

Stop and think..we've all been there!! Track the "offending" Officer down and meet up with him..you might just make a friend that will save your arse one day!

11-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Stop and think..we've all been there!! Track the "offending" Officer down and meet up with him..you might just make a friend that will save your arse one day!

Sounds like a great idea, but one problem...Troopers need to be told how to do everything. Sometimes I wonder if they remember how to get home at the end of their shift.

11-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Check out the FHP board, the original message was copied to their site and like typical Troopers, they see no problem with bashing fellow LEO's. Reminds me of a shirt I've seen:

"Does not Play well with Others"

11-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Ever wonder why we have Alpha, Echo, Foxtrot, India, Lima, Oscar, etc. but no FHP designator?
Using a letter and a number proved to be too taxing, so no Hotel for FHP.
Carry on.

11-15-2007, 05:20 PM
I am a Trooper, and there is no excuse of the post. Troopers have CAD dispatching on their lap tops. Troopers can generate calls and 10-50's without even using the radio let alone running 10-27's and 10-28's. Some Troopers like hearing themself on the radio. As far as getting the phone call, welcome to our world. I have been a Trooper for 17 years and still get the call to see if your at home and ok.
The reason dispatchers ask for a road and nearest intersection is because they enter it into the CAD. The CAD can only read street names and intersections. If you give the physical address to the State Park that may help the dispatcher.

Again, sorry about the post from the Trooper who likes to talk on the radio. I learned a long time ago. The more you say the more stupid you look.

[quote="FHP Trooper":1t2z2zyc]When you guys at DEP you Echo units got our radios you show

How about YOUR dispatch acknowledge that we exist! How about when we give YOUR dispatch our 10-20, why does it have to be road intersections? Why do I have to tell YOUR dispatch what county I am in after I tell them my 10-20? Why do I get a phone call at zero hundred dark hours asking me if I am still 10-8? When I went 10-42 over 6 hours ago and YOUR dispatch acknowledged my 10-42. See a pattern here? The scenario goes both ways friend.

Don't go thinking that all DEP officers are as rude and arrogant as what you have encountered. Many DEP officers have no other LEO experience than here at DEP. Kind of sounds like some FHP Troopers huh?

FYI, it isn't YOUR radio. It is refered to as SLERS. For you Troopers, that acronym means "State Law Enforcement Radio System". Key word here is State Law Enforcement, not Florida Highway Patrol Radio System.

Get over yourself and take a good listen to some troopers on the radio, it is very funny when a trooper encounters something other than a traffic stop. It goes something like this: "Call 10-49, I need to get this domestic stopped. The 10-27 is . " or "Is it 10-4 to go 10-6 at the Jiffy Mart to get a drink?" Pretty comical indeed.

P.S. You might want to learn how to spell and learn proper sentence structure.[/quote:1t2z2zyc]

11-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Thank You Trooper for being very gracious and understanding. I work with quite a few Troopers and find them to be great hard working people. Thank you again for a reasonable explaination to the questions.

I am a Trooper, and there is no excuse of the post. Troopers have CAD dispatching on their lap tops. Troopers can generate calls and 10-50's without even using the radio let alone running 10-27's and 10-28's. Some Troopers like hearing themself on the radio. As far as getting the phone call, welcome to our world. I have been a Trooper for 17 years and still get the call to see if your at home and ok.
The reason dispatchers ask for a road and nearest intersection is because they enter it into the CAD. The CAD can only read street names and intersections. If you give the physical address to the State Park that may help the dispatcher.

Again, sorry about the post from the Trooper who likes to talk on the radio. I learned a long time ago. The more you say the more stupid you look.

[quote="FHP Trooper":2kdnm0nc]When you guys at DEP you Echo units got our radios you show

Get over yourself and take a good listen to some troopers on the radio, it is very funny when a trooper encounters something other than a traffic stop. It goes something like this: "Call 10-49, I need to get this domestic stopped. The 10-27 is . " or "Is it 10-4 to go 10-6 at the Jiffy Mart to get a drink?" Pretty comical indeed.

P.S. You might want to learn how to spell and learn proper sentence structure.[/quote:2kdnm0nc]