PDA

View Full Version : The results are in

11-10-2007, 05:14 PM
From the PBA website:

The following are the results from the poll that was recently sent out in the newsletter to our members. To the question of who you are mostly like to support at this time for Sheriff out of the four named candidates the results were as follows:

Scapecchi: 73%

McNesby: 21%

Lucas: 3%

Morgan: 3%

Another ballot will be sent out early next year to track the opinion of the membership. This in no way is considered to be an endorsement at this time, merely a way to find out which way our membership is currently leaning.

11-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Niiicccceeeee :D

11-10-2007, 08:08 PM
From the PBA website:
The following are the results from the poll that was recently sent out in the newsletter to our members. To the question of who you are mostly like to support at this time for Sheriff out of the four named candidates the results were as follows:

Scapecchi: 73%
McNesby: 21%
Lucas: 3%
Morgan: 3%

Another ballot will be sent out early next year to track the opinion of the membership. This in no way is considered to be an endorsement at this time, merely a way to find out which way our membership is currently leaning.

The numbers dont mean that much without knowing how many ballots were mailed and how many votes were actually cast. This lack of information is an indicator of a small pool of voters.

Before anyone insinuates differently, I am a PBA member, I did vote and it was for Scapecchi.

11-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Whatever. At least they are asking us what we think rather than not caring in the prior elections.

11-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I would like to commend each and every board member for helping to bring support for Larry up to 73%. Your work behind the scenes and leadership is exactly what Larry needs to rebuild the agency. The courage you exhibit when making all of those record requests knowing that it upsets the Sheriff is simply amazing.

I thank all the board members for their hard work. Your support for Larry does not go unnoticed.

11-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I would like to commend each and every board member for helping to bring support for Larry up to 73%. Your work behind the scenes and leadership is exactly what Larry needs to rebuild the agency. The courage you exhibit when making all of those record requests knowing that it upsets the Sheriff is simply amazing.

I thank all the board members for their hard work. Your support for Larry does not go unnoticed.

Anyone else sense sacrasm and veiled threats in this post?

11-11-2007, 12:16 AM

Anyone else sense sacrasm and veiled threats in this post?

Anyone else sense paranoia?

I've reread it three times and don't see anything but appreciation from a Scapecchi supporter. Lighten up a little.

11-11-2007, 12:31 PM
“This in no way is considered to be an endorsement at this time, merely a way to find out which way our membership is currently ]leaning.”[/[/b]u]

]“Leaning” is an understatement. A 73% vote even if only 100 out of 400+ voted is a landslide and a mandate by any definition in the political vocabulary.

For an 8 year incumbent to only get 21% of the vote from his own personnel is a clear message that we do not trust him or have confidence in his ability to head up the department.

It’s time for some real leadership to take over so the Department can get back on the right track. It is time for a change.

11-11-2007, 08:26 PM
The previous poster is right about the incumbent getting lousy numbers. The people have spoken and we want Scapecchi. I hope the board listens to the membership this time.

We need to attend the next PBA meeting to demand the endorsement of Larry Scapecchi now. There is no excuse to wait and any delay in granting the endorsement is suspicious.

11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Scapecchi is a great guy and will change this county in a positive way. 73% to 21% should be embarressing to mcnesby. Morgan should probably be on suicide watch after hearing about 3%.

11-14-2007, 05:27 AM
It is a true rflrction that people are tired of the guys in office now. In a recent staff meeting Smack ran down the PBA for not giving him any support. I would ask him ow if he still feels he doesnt need the PBA. Ill give im this........you may not need all of the employees to get elected but you cant have all of the employees against you. McSmack you attitude looks as if it has caught up with you.

Just a thought......will Rex run before this election is over, I was just in a conversation where I witnessed him make some comments that were not so great for the sheriff. It seems he was a bit upset about the sheriff giving high pay to Capts at the fair. We were all shocked that he would say anything bad about the sheriff......but he did.

The fun is going to be watching the elite of the admin distance themselves from a loser. It is sad that he allowed so many to use him until he is no good to them.

Does anyone know how Linda got Nans job or how she seems to be so tight. That seems to be a strange relationship.

11-16-2007, 02:00 AM
What is so great about Larry Scapecci, isn't he one of the good ole boys that will be the same old 76 as far as the department? It does not look as though the public has much to choose from in this race.

11-16-2007, 02:21 AM
What is so great about Larry Scapecci, isn't he one of the good ole boys that will be the same old 76 as far as the department? It does not look as though the public has much to choose from in this race.

Define "good ole boy"

If you mean that he has been around a long time yes he has. If you mean that he has no integrity to do the right thing every time you are wrong and either one don't know him or two "PRO" someone else...

11-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Scapecchi is the Willis of 2008 and has the same crew of misfits backing him which is reason enough to stay away. Rex was right about them then and even more so now.

11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Scapecchi is the Willis of 2008 and has the same crew of misfits backing him which is reason enough to stay away. Rex was right about them then and even more so now.

Isnt that the same crew of misfits that suported the Shieriff in his reelection bid once Willis lost in the primary?

11-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Lets look back in history a bit. Ron Mac ran for sheriff and lost before he was elected. Now, some of the people that supported him then supported him with his win. All sheriffs were un-elected in our history People just get tired of the same trash day after day. The only sheriff that was not unelected was Bill Davis. He was removed (x3). By the way this is who this sheriff wants to be like........he has said it in a crowd.

Point is this any of the three running now has a chance. Smack is the underdog. People like REX running around with his terror style rumors and threats causes people to run from who he supports. You can look around the garage and see the worms that wiggle around there. No person with any taste would choose those guys as friends. The likes of Roger who has been proven to be a liar in federal court for the support of a dope dealer turns people off. This sheriff has always asssociated with people who are shady. If we go way back some will remember Ed Gregory. Was this a guy LEO types should hang with.......NO.

Then our sheriff tells a 30 minute long strory about how he was abuse with his hunting deal. Many could tell you that he said "I want to go to a jury" then he enters a dirtbag plea of NO CONTEST. This is the same plea that the trash we arrest out on the street uses when they are guilty but they want a deal. What makes it really bad is he told nothing but lies about it. Look at Clinton was any man pissed that Clinton got a BJ in the Oval Office? Not at all. We all were pissed at him because of all the lies he told and the BS he gave us about it.

Our sheriff is a bad man. He is evil. His people are evil. His people are sad excuses of humans. I have searched for good things to say about Smith, Steve, Joan, Willie, Linda and have found nothing good to say.

Now, I am not a true old timer at 61 (no jokes) but I have seen some. This group has to go. I wish all the guys running for sheriff the best of luck. Your hearts are in the right place and you have the courage to stand up. I dont know who is the best but I can see this one is the worst. Ronnie Mac......you should be ashamed of what you have turned out to be.......you are a true disgrace to all.

11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Very Nice PBA Supporter....well spoken...

11-21-2007, 03:27 PM
“This in no way is considered to be an endorsement at this time, merely a way to find out which way our membership is currently ]leaning.”[/[/b]u]

]“Leaning” is an understatement. A 73% vote even if only 100 out of 400+ voted is a landslide and a mandate by any definition in the political vocabulary.

For an 8 year incumbent to only get 21% of the vote from his own personnel is a clear message that we do not trust him or have confidence in his ability to head up the department.

It’s time for some real leadership to take over so the Department can get back on the right track. It is time for a change.
How funny it seems! Now that the results are in (73% for someone else) and support for the current administration is at an all time low, the Sheriff and the Chief have signed the MOU's to give employees what they deserve! Trying to win back support from the troops? I think it's alittle to late for that! Fire the Chief and trim the "fat" from the payroll like, Joan Clayton, Willie, Larry and Rick along with several other "do nothings"...yeah you "Roger","Rex","Tom" to mention a few and the rest of the "blood suckers", put the garage in their place so they don't act as if they are the deputies "bosses" and maybe one or two percent of support may come back. Don't treat me like "Sh#t, starve me to death, put me in these "death trap" cars we drive and pay me with "comp" time when my life is more valuable than an "hour off for an hour worked!" then come back and try to do something good to win my support! Thanks for giving too those who have long deserved it, but as far as winning back my support.....too late......I've seen too many "true colors" come out over the last eight years!.......