PDA

View Full Version : Merger info II

11-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I have been told that the hold up at this point is purely financial. It does not have anything to do with the actual cost of the contract with PBSO, but with the ability of the city to pay out the officer’s reference their pension money and be able to continue to provide benefits for the retirees. I was told that the city would literally bankrupt the pension fund if they had to pay out all of the current officers and continue to pay benefits if the S.O. took over. The funny thing is though I was also told that no matter what they do at this point they will have to cross that bridge eventually either way as the decrease in tax revenue will force this issue either sooner or later.
I will also tell you that in the SW corner of PBSO motor pool there are approximately 40 to 50 marked green and whites which have been serviced and placed into a holding area. These cars are being held in reserve in anticipation for the possible merger. These cars along with the current LWPD vehicles which would be obtained in the merger and then converted into green and whites should be the right amount based on the officers that would be coming over. This should give you a good idea of what PBSO’s thinking is, they are ready, willing and able whenever LW makes a decision.
I believe that ultimately without the merger LW will face some serious problems even worse than the problems they would face with the merger. There is no easy solution. I wish everyone at LWPD luck and hope to see the city make a wise decision and bring you guys over to PBSO soon.

11-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I second that!, take a look for yourself. The vehicles were serviced and re-striped. I think its now like 50-60 cars ready. Also a shipment of new cars arrived a few days ago meaning they will have more cars turned in to prepare for the merger.

Well see you guys & girls soon.
Stay SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-10-2007, 03:26 PM
OK, whats next? Lake Worth is getting Cadillac Escalades with big piles of money in the back seat?

11-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Did the Lake Worth Fire Rescue merger deal fall through?

11-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Did the Lake Worth Fire Rescue merger deal fall through?

Lake Worth city is so afaird to spend money on the pensions that they are pushing everything away. What they don't realize is either way they are going to have to pay for pensions.

11-17-2007, 03:41 AM
Now hear this,

Stand fast.

Deal isn't dead yet. Both sides are standing their ground waiting to see who will blink. I think the city will blink first and have to fold. Think about it. Merge now or merge in 10 years when the city's financial problems are even worse. Makes sense to do so now.

As for the cars in the MP, there are 60, I counted them.

Carry on, that is all.

11-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Wow, you sound like a financial genius. You should apply for the finance director job! Where have you been all this time?

11-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Let us face it, we aren't going Green! :roll:

11-20-2007, 03:14 AM

it's not over yet

11-20-2007, 08:50 AM

it's not over yet

County Fire told the city they weren't dealing with them. Something about Lake Worth misusing pension funds. Lake Worth was looking for the fire to save some money and now the county fire told them no thank you. That leaves the Police to merge to save money. It's still open, we'll see what happens.

11-20-2007, 10:55 PM
To the poster who stated "FACE IT WERE NOT GOING GREEN"

You WILL BE ONE OF THE VERY FEW IN LAKE WORTH THAT WILL NOT PASS BACKGROUND TO ENTER PBSO. GOOOOD!

So start looking I hear Riviera Beach, PD is looking for LOOSERS AS YOURSELF!!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

11-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Can't even spell "Loser" correctly. How embarrassing. :lol:

11-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I heard from a very good source that someone in the PD was asking whether or not it was true that the city was using the police pension as collateral for some type of loan. I can't believe what people will say just to fire up everyone over something so stupid. Obviously this stupid rumor was started by someone attempting to save the faltering and downhill plunge of the PBSO merger, nice try Prez....

While we are on that subject of the Prez.....when are we having an FOP meeting!! The body of the FOP has been demanding a meeting for some time now and the Prez and his board are not listening. This is not how it is supposed to work. Are we just waiting for the PBA to take over now that the vote is coming. Does the Prez actually believe he will be voted in again after the switch...hardly. Hey prez, there's cheese on Mar's....you'll probably have better luck with that rumor. I'm sorry if you all think my comments are crast or belittling, but I am sick and tired of the whiners, complainers, and malcontents that are always trying to bring this department down. Does anyone remember when we all used to get along and loved doing our jobs so much that we would of probably done it for free. Does anyone remember when it was fun to come to work and work together to put away bad guys and celebrate it when we did a good job. Does anyone remember the choir practices and the platoon parties when we all cared about each other and looked out for each other. Take a look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, you are among some of the best trained, knowledgable, experienced, and respected police officers in Palm Beach County. Don't believe me? Check out some of the postings from our PBSO brothers on this thread and theirs, nothing but positive remarks about us. Guy's, WE ARE GREAT COP'S. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against PBSO, but I love Lake Worth and I love our Police Department. Times are tough for everyone out there wearing a uniform especially since the Govenors tax roll back which obviously has affected our budget as well as everyone else's. Everyone should be greatful for what they have been blessed with, job security, medical insurance, a great contract, and an excellent pension. Enough said, I could go on all night about the benefits of working here, but some people will never be convinced of how good they really have it until they don't have it anymore. Be safe and "Let's be careful out there'.

11-21-2007, 04:13 AM
I heard from a very good source that someone in the PD was asking whether or not it was true that the city was using the police pension as collateral for some type of loan. I can't believe what people will say just to fire up everyone over something so stupid. Obviously this stupid rumor was started by someone attempting to save the faltering and downhill plunge of the PBSO merger, nice try Prez....

While we are on that subject of the Prez.....when are we having an FOP meeting!! The body of the FOP has been demanding a meeting for some time now and the Prez and his board are not listening. This is not how it is supposed to work. Are we just waiting for the PBA to take over now that the vote is coming. Does the Prez actually believe he will be voted in again after the switch...hardly. Hey prez, there's cheese on Mar's....you'll probably have better luck with that rumor. I'm sorry if you all think my comments are crast or belittling, but I am sick and tired of the whiners, complainers, and malcontents that are always trying to bring this department down. Does anyone remember when we all used to get along and loved doing our jobs so much that we would of probably done it for free. Does anyone remember when it was fun to come to work and work together to put away bad guys and celebrate it when we did a good job. Does anyone remember the choir practices and the platoon parties when we all cared about each other and looked out for each other. Take a look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, you are among some of the best trained, knowledgable, experienced, and respected police officers in Palm Beach County. Don't believe me? Check out some of the postings from our PBSO brothers on this thread and theirs, nothing but positive remarks about us. Guy's, WE ARE GREAT COP'S. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against PBSO, but I love Lake Worth and I love our Police Department. Times are tough for everyone out there wearing a uniform especially since the Govenors tax roll back which obviously has affected our budget as well as everyone else's. Everyone should be greatful for what they have been blessed with, job security, medical insurance, a great contract, and an excellent pension. Enough said, I could go on all night about the benefits of working here, but some people will never be convinced of how good they really have it until they don't have it anymore. Be safe and "Let's be careful out there'.

Lake Worth is horrible. Open your eyes and see. Yes well trained due to experience, but get over your hype. Lake Worth doesn't compare to surrounding agencies. It's inevitable, we will be going green one day.

Don't believe the info about the pension money being misused? Speak to the county fire rescue guys who pulled out so they didn't get caught up in a mess called Lake Worthless. You can be Lake Worth Loyal forever, but it's going to be hard when Lake Worth PD is gone. You must be the only idiot who wants to stay in this cesspool. So many people are leaving for a reason. Stop with all your BS propaganda and get off your soapbox. FHP is better than Lake Worth. I can’t believe how naïve and gullible you are. Get your nose out of the Chief’s butt.

I’ve seen your post before and it’s full of the same frivolous BS. You shouldn’t be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. This county needs a metro agency or at least continue to get bigger because crime is more abundant and resources are needed to combat these rising crime rates. Lake Worth can’t do it alone, we need to combine law enforcement so we can have the resources to combat gangs and other issues. I know, it’s all about you, which is sad. I’ll be happy to go green, because I see beyond the better benefits of going green and realize this needs to happen in a county of 1.2 million people. With all the police departments, there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

11-21-2007, 04:22 AM

Lake Worth is horrible. Open your eyes and see. Yes well trained due to experience, but get over your hype. Lake Worth doesn't compare to surrounding agencies. It's inevitable, we will be going green one day.

Don't believe the info about the pension money being misused? Speak to the county fire rescue guys who pulled out so they didn't get caught up in a mess called Lake Worthless. You can be Lake Worth Loyal forever, but it's going to be hard when Lake Worth PD is gone. You must be the only idiot who wants to stay in this cesspool. So many people are leaving for a reason. Stop with all your BS propaganda and get off your soapbox. FHP is better than Lake Worth. I can’t believe how naïve and gullible you are. Get your nose out of the Chief’s butt.

I’ve seen your post before and it’s full of the same frivolous BS. You shouldn’t be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. This county needs a metro agency or at least continue to get bigger because crime is more abundant and resources are needed to combat these rising crime rates. Lake Worth can’t do it alone, we need to combine law enforcement so we can have the resources to combat gangs and other issues. I know, it’s all about you, which is sad. I’ll be happy to go green, because I see beyond the better benefits of going green and realize this needs to happen in a county of 1.2 million people. With all the police departments, there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Very well said. We need a metro and need to go green. To Lake Worth Loyal, learn how to spell. It looks bad to the city when you come on here with your nonsense and can't even spell properly. I'm sure the Chief would be disappointed.

11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
To the last poster, saying that you should not be Lake Worth Loyal, Let me paint a picture. I was home on leave looking to get applications to fill out for when I got back. I went everywhere, SO, Greenacres, Palm Springs, and of course Lake Worth. Well wouldnt you know the only department that would even give me an application, was Lake Worth. Because I was not certified yet. When I was going thru the comparative compliance acadamy, everyone one was saying that they had applications out all over the place. And I would say, I have only one out there and I am going to get that job. And I am still here today because I am loyal to the department, my fellow officers, and the citizens. Lake Worth is where I earned the right to be called a Police Officer and it is where I will stay. If the city decides to go with the Sheriffs Office, fine, I have no problem with that. But, dont ever tell me or anyone else in this department that they should not be loyal to LWPD.

11-21-2007, 04:12 PM
It is all politics! It all comes down to PBSO vs. LWPD. If you don't think so, you're being naive. The Sheriff's Office started it. We aren't talking about the indians, but the top brasses.

And how is it I hear if LWPD does not merge, the Sheriff's Office is going to do a mass hiring when it comes to Lake Worth cops putting their apps in. I hope this all just rumors!

11-21-2007, 06:45 PM
To the last poster, saying that you should not be Lake Worth Loyal, Let me paint a picture. I was home on leave looking to get applications to fill out for when I got back. I went everywhere, SO, Greenacres, Palm Springs, and of course Lake Worth. Well wouldnt you know the only department that would even give me an application, was Lake Worth. Because I was not certified yet. When I was going thru the comparative compliance acadamy, everyone one was saying that they had applications out all over the place. And I would say, I have only one out there and I am going to get that job. And I am still here today because I am loyal to the department, my fellow officers, and the citizens. Lake Worth is where I earned the right to be called a Police Officer and it is where I will stay. If the city decides to go with the Sheriffs Office, fine, I have no problem with that. But, dont ever tell me or anyone else in this department that they should not be loyal to LWPD.

Just b/c we gave you an opportunity to be a police officer, doesn't mean anything. The other poster is right; we need to by loyal to the job, of being a law enforcement officer, not to where we work. This county is out of control, and we more resources and manpower to cover it. Departments don't work well together because of politics, and they only way we will is to combine our resources. Trust me, I've been here for 11 years; this agency is a sinking ship. The merger may not happen now, but it will.

11-21-2007, 06:51 PM
It is all politics! It all comes down to PBSO vs. LWPD. If you don't think so, you're being naive. The Sheriff's Office started it. We aren't talking about the indians, but the top brasses.

And how is it I hear if LWPD does not merge, the Sheriff's Office is going to do a mass hiring when it comes to Lake Worth cops putting their apps in. I hope this all just rumors!

Where do you get these BS rumors from? The Sheriff didn't start anything, he was approached by the city. The same thing that has been done in every merger with the Sheriff. The Sheriff refuses the approach a city, the city has to approach him. Delray Beach police wanted a proposal from the Sheriff and the Sheriff said he must be approached by the city. City officials are dragging their feet, so the SO officials said take it or leave it. It's a benefit to city, an it cost the Sheriff's office a lot of money.

Also the Sheriff would never engage in a hostile merger by hiring all the Lake Worth applicants. Stop making the Sheriff's office look like the bad guy, it was Lake Worth who started this crap. The only hostile merger came upon the Sheriff's Office was Belle Glade because it was forced upon them by FDLE. Get your facts straight before you post bogus information. Stay safe and have a great Thanksgiving.

11-21-2007, 08:34 PM

Where do you get these BS rumors from? The Sheriff didn't start anything, he was approached by the city. The same thing that has been done in every merger with the Sheriff. The Sheriff refuses the approach a city, the city has to approach him. Delray Beach police wanted a proposal from the Sheriff and the Sheriff said he must be approached by the city. City officials are dragging their feet, so the SO officials said take it or leave it. It's a benefit to city, an it cost the Sheriff's office a lot of money.

Also the Sheriff would never engage in a hostile merger by hiring all the Lake Worth applicants. Stop making the Sheriff's office look like the bad guy, it was Lake Worth who started this crap. The only hostile merger came upon the Sheriff's Office was Belle Glade because it was forced upon them by FDLE. Get your facts straight before you post bogus information. Stay safe and have a great Thanksgiving.

On

Very well said. I work for PBSO and know our Sheriff personally. He will NOT approach a city, he has to be approached. Rumors start all the time, and 90% of them are frivolous. Both agencies are great places, but I do agree we need a metro sheriff/police force. I'm loyal to PBSO, however if they decided to make us where blue a become a metro Sheriff/Police department like JSO it wouldn't bother me one bit. We need more resources, more cops, and the bigger we are the better collective bargaining we have. Look at the Northern cities like Boston and New York. The days of the local cop on the beat and Mayberry days are over. This county has become a big city and criminals don't have to worry about jurisdictional boundaries, either should we. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

11-21-2007, 11:44 PM
I work for Lake Worth and I couldn't agree more with PBSO. I like working here, but I think we'd be better off going green. I also agree, with the way things are, we need to consolidate and have a bigger union and more officers on the same team. We all play the same game, but every agency is a different team. Stay safe and have a great holiday.

11-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I dont think you understood my point. I have a group of values that I follow. Those being: Loyalty, Duty,Respect, Selfless-Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Anyone who knows me knows where I stand and where they stand with me. I am not blind, I can see that there are problems/issue within the PD and especially in the Union. But instead of complaining and whining about them, I try to find solutions or alternatives. Anyone can say this PD sucks and jump ship to another. But what is needed is for us to put all the BS aside and try to find the solutions or alternatives. If PBSO is the answer, then I have no problem with that, I look good in green. But to say that you shoud not show loyalty to a department/city that gave you a start, when you had nothing, and paid your bills for however long, is wrong.
I can say that the officers, Sgt's, and LT's working at LWPD have the above values, however, some have allowed the politics and personal issues to get in the way. I am not trying to start any kind of an arguement with anyone, besides argueing over the computer is pretty stupid, I just would like to acknowledge my point of view from others.
I enjoy working at LWPD, not because of the department, but because of the people. I trust and care about everyone within the PD as if they were my brother/sister, some even more because of personal bonds. And each and everyone of them know that when it comes down to it, I will be there, whether it be on the street as a 94 or as a friend, I will be there. That is what matters.
Lastly, I have worked with several who now work with the PBSO and other agencies, I know several PBSO Deputies and officers from various other jurisdictions, but have never worked with them. I might not have as close a bond with them as I do with the officers of LWPD, but, if the situation should arise, I would be there for them, too.

11-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I dont think you understood my point. I have a group of values that I follow. Those being: Loyalty, Duty,Respect, Selfless-Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. Anyone who knows me knows where I stand and where they stand with me. I am not blind, I can see that there are problems/issue within the PD and especially in the Union. But instead of complaining and whining about them, I try to find solutions or alternatives. Anyone can say this PD sucks and jump ship to another. But what is needed is for us to put all the BS aside and try to find the solutions or alternatives. If PBSO is the answer, then I have no problem with that, I look good in green. But to say that you shoud not show loyalty to a department/city that gave you a start, when you had nothing, and paid your bills for however long, is wrong.
I can say that the officers, Sgt's, and LT's working at LWPD have the above values, however, some have allowed the politics and personal issues to get in the way. I am not trying to start any kind of an arguement with anyone, besides argueing over the computer is pretty stupid, I just would like to acknowledge my point of view from others.
I enjoy working at LWPD, not because of the department, but because of the people. I trust and care about everyone within the PD as if they were my brother/sister, some even more because of personal bonds. And each and everyone of them know that when it comes down to it, I will be there, whether it be on the street as a 94 or as a friend, I will be there. That is what matters.
Lastly, I have worked with several who now work with the PBSO and other agencies, I know several PBSO Deputies and officers from various other jurisdictions, but have never worked with them. I might not have as close a bond with them as I do with the officers of LWPD, but, if the situation should arise, I would be there for them, too.

I work for the SO and feel this is the greatest place. I have lots of pride in this agency just as you do in yours. I do feel we need one combined police force to combat these thugs. With that being said, whether or not Lake Worth merges, we'll always be there for you. From all of us at PBSO, Happy Thanksgiving.

11-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Things are changing. Our department is going 11.5 hours with rotating weekends off. More manpower coverage on the road. A total of about 10 police officers hired within the past couple months. A lot of promotions and more opportunities than ever to get on a specialize unit. They're still more changes to occur. We are becoming more fiscal responsible and the necessary cuts have been made. We are not going green! And those of you who don't like it, tough luck. Why don't we start making productive threads on ideas or things we can make better in the organization.

11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Things are changing. Our department is going 11.5 hours with rotating weekends off. More manpower coverage on the road. A total of about 10 police officers hired within the past couple months. A lot of promotions and more opportunities than ever to get on a specialize unit. They're still more changes to occur. We are becoming more fiscal responsible and the necessary cuts have been made. We are not going green! And those of you who don't like it, tough luck. Why don't we start making productive threads on ideas or things we can make better in the organization.
Don't act like going green is a bad thing, PBSO is a great agency. You need help

11-25-2007, 02:15 AM

Yea this place will always suck. Don't act like going green is a bad thing, PBSO is a great agency. You need help[/quote

oh please you have drank to much of your agency coolaid .... how pathetic talk to some of you co workers dude every time we rin into a LW guy they ask you hiring

11-25-2007, 11:33 PM

If the FOP board and detective XXXXX (keep it professional Mod 425) have their way, we won't get the 11 hrs days. The detectives are afraid that their new LT will see them for what they are and will send them back to the road (where they might have to work 11 hrs). The FOP wants 8% from the city for us to go to 11 hrs. This "What's in if for me" mentality will tank this deal! How about the benefit of more uniforms in the history of LWPD on the road at one time. How about 4 on/4 off! How about the fact that yyou have a good job w/ great benefits. The small group of professional victims at the PD need to suck it up and move on!

11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
I have had it with you whiners wanting to go PBSO so bad!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING AT THE LAKE WORTH POLICE DEPARTMENT, GET AN APPLICATION FOR THE SO AND LEAVE!!!! Leave the people that want to stay in Lake Worth alone. Nothing against the SO, it is a great agency, but we need to get this behind us and end this crap on this blog. I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future of the pending merger, but I would sure have to say it appears pretty dead in the water, the city is not truly motivated or interested, and the pension cost will not allow it to happen. Please!! Someone from the city needs to say it is over, it's not happening. We need to get on with our jobs and deliver the service we are known to deliver, and stop being distracted by this crap and the FOP leadership.

Thank you to those who have donated their time and energy in coming up with the alternative shift plan, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

And to the guest that made a comment about my spelling and calling me an idiot because I don't agree with going with PBSO, do us all a favor and quit, get a job in your true calling as a elementary teacher, and leave the police work to the men.

11-26-2007, 09:41 PM
I have had it with you whiners wanting to go PBSO so bad!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WORKING AT THE LAKE WORTH POLICE DEPARTMENT, GET AN APPLICATION FOR THE SO AND LEAVE!!!! Leave the people that want to stay in Lake Worth alone. Nothing against the SO, it is a great agency, but we need to get this behind us and end this crap on this blog. I don't have a crystal ball to predict the future of the pending merger, but I would sure have to say it appears pretty dead in the water, the city is not truly motivated or interested, and the pension cost will not allow it to happen. Please!! Someone from the city needs to say it is over, it's not happening. We need to get on with our jobs and deliver the service we are known to deliver, and stop being distracted by this crap and the FOP leadership.

Thank you to those who have donated their time and energy in coming up with the alternative shift plan, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

And to the guest that made a comment about my spelling and calling me an idiot because I don't agree with going with PBSO, do us all a favor and quit, get a job in your true calling as a elementary teacher, and leave the police work to the men.

Yep I have to agree, you’re an idiot. It's sad the two good for nothings posting in favor of Lake Worthless PD are the very slim minority. Grow up and maybe you should consider getting out of Law Enforcement. I'm not sure what you're afraid of, maybe you couldn't get hired anywhere else. I wish the SO would take over my city. With your attitude you’ll always be a Lake Worth “loser” forever.

11-27-2007, 12:16 AM
To: "Blah, Blah, Blah"

8% sounds like a good start. By your standards we should "suck it up" and let the city save a substantial amount of budgetary funds without passing it on to the officers that will now be working longer shifts. Other PD’s have passed on perks for longer hours. Let's also ask for more sick and vacation time with a higher cap. But this probably infuriates a company man like you. I bet your a Sgt or LT....probably newly promoted. I would also guess that prior to your new promotion you were "Pro S.O." Now you're towing the company line. Typical.
Alternate scheduling should be discussed…just not blindly like you suggest, “For the good of the City”.

11-27-2007, 03:54 AM
you guys crack me up .....you talk of brotherhood and call the detecives slugs How low would you all go to get your way.

11-27-2007, 11:03 AM
you guys crack me up .....you talk of brotherhood and call the detecives slugs How low would you all go to get your way.

You may be surprised how many don't want the 11 hour shifts .

11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
If thats true; then let have a vote to find out. What are you scared of? Why is the FOP scared to have a meeting. 11 hr shifts will happen because that is what MOST of the cops want. When it comes down to it WE will win. Remember; its not the FO"ME" any more.
Who screwed up the contract? The city or the FOP?
Who's scared to have a meeting or have a vote? The city or the FOP?
The city FOP is a joke. It should be about US; not ME,ME, ME.

11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Don't worry the PBA will be doing the negotiations on this in January

11-27-2007, 10:57 PM
To the six plus positive responses about LWPD, thank you, keep writing in. To the FOP leadership and board, you are history as soon as the PBA vote goes through. The good guy's will prevail by eliminating the current FOP board of idiots (BOI). I heard today that the FOP wants more money from the city for the eleven hour switch, are you serious? That alone shows how incompetent the FOP board is. By the way FOP Prez and board, which one you CPA's came up with the $3,000,000.00 savings for the city if we went to 11 Hr. shifts? you people can't possibly be that stupid and remain employed by LWPD, well then maybe you can. Show us these figures on paper and make it public, or better yet let's have an FOP meeting and discuss it........RIGHT!!! That's wishful thinking. Come on, be adventuress, let's take a vote on the 11 hr. shifts and let's see what everyone wants to do. But noooooo, the BOI wouldn't do that, that would make sense to do what the body of the FOP wants. Wow...made it all the way through this without mentioning the pending merger. Why you ask? BECAUSE ITS NOT HAPPENING!! GET OVER IT ALREADY. Anyway, I am expecting the usual BOI responses calling me an idiot, moron, or whatever you feel like calling me today, no problem I can handle that. I just have a problem handling complete incompetence and lying by the BOI. By the way Prez, I see Mr. Bates set you straight on your inaccurate e-mail to the FOP body reference the pension cost. Shame, shame, shame on you. Well got to go for now, sleep tight BOI.

11-28-2007, 12:31 AM
I have one question? who in the City authorized the Chief to re open negotiations on the 12 hour shift. HMMMM interesting question did anyone everthink to ask the CIty Manager if he wanted the police department to go to longer shifts. maybe someone (the Chief) should get his answer first........ since it is his department. You might also be surprised what else is being said about the police department and the merger. Then again you guys now it all .

11-28-2007, 12:36 AM
The alternate shifts were voted on at least twice in the last few years and never got a majority vote. I guess you'll just keep ignoring the majority as long as it doesn't fit what the minority wants.

11-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I have one question? who in the City authorized the Chief to re open negotiations on the 12 hour shift. HMMMM interesting question did anyone everthink to ask the CIty Manager if he wanted the police department to go to longer shifts. maybe someone (the Chief) should get his answer first........ since it is his department. You might also be surprised what else is being said about the police department and the merger. Then again you guys now it all .

I've been trying to say this for a while. However, (keep it professional mod 425) like Lake Worth Loyal come on here and have their head so far up the chief’s butt he can't hear or read properly. However since the rest of the Lake Worth think they know it all, they are in for a big surprise. Lake Worth , go back to New York. Apparently you're not that loyal since you left from up there.

11-28-2007, 01:48 AM
The merger ain't happening. Just wishful thinking. There is a lot new guys willing to replace the dead wood. A lot of apps being filled out in HR fellas. I even heard we got one or two coming back. So all the malcontent ones can leave. We got warm bodies coming in to replace ya. Good luck!

11-28-2007, 03:29 AM
First of all Lake Worth Loyal, the fact that someone of your position in the PD, is on this board spouting off about the union, anonymously no less, is somewhat unprofessional to say the least. As for calling a meeting to vote on the eleven hour shifts, this is a little premature, wouldn't you say. I for one am for the the eleven hour shifts, but it is a contract issue and must be negotiated. As is typical of our body, we are divided and willing to give away the farm without discussing. Things need to be ironed out before we decide to jump into this new schedule. Believe me, I think its good for the troops, good for the City, and most of all, good for the citizens. After all, it is the citizens whom we took an oath to serve and protect. However, you seem to forget that because its all about the PD and the City. As for the F.O.P., I agree some piss poor decisions have been made by certain people, but are we not having a PERC vote beginning in two days? We are obviously going to be PBA very soon, what's the point of trying to re-negotiate until we get this taken care of. First thing first! I also vow that I will never again seek a position on any board of any union. You people suck the life out of me!! I came from Pittsburgh where the first police union, the F.O.P., was created. I'm sure those two city cops who started the whole thing would be rolling in their graves if they could see what we were doing to eachother. I know what I have written here is going to stir up some name calling and more anonymous posting. Especially the as@#&le that used the term slug detectives! Anyway, how about having the balls to sign your name to what you write.

Sincerely Yours,

Det. T.J. Barbusio, Sr.

11-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Nice...I got mad respect for you brother.

11-28-2007, 06:03 AM
First of all Lake Worth Loyal, the fact that someone of your position in the PD, is on this board spouting off about the union, anonymously no less, is somewhat unprofessional to say the least. As for calling a meeting to vote on the eleven hour shifts, this is a little premature, wouldn't you say. I for one am for the the eleven hour shifts, but it is a contract issue and must be negotiated. As is typical of our body, we are divided and willing to give away the farm without discussing. Things need to be ironed out before we decide to jump into this new schedule. Believe me, I think its good for the troops, good for the City, and most of all, good for the citizens. After all, it is the citizens whom we took an oath to serve and protect. However, you seem to forget that because its all about the PD and the City. As for the F.O.P., I agree some piss poor decisions have been made by certain people, but are we not having a PERC vote beginning in two days? We are obviously going to be PBA very soon, what's the point of trying to re-negotiate until we get this taken care of. First thing first! I also vow that I will never again seek a position on any board of any union. You people suck the life out of me!! I came from Pittsburgh where the first police union, the F.O.P., was created. I'm sure those two city cops who started the whole thing would be rolling in their graves if they could see what we were doing to eachother. I know what I have written here is going to stir up some name calling and more anonymous posting. Especially the as@#&le that used the term slug detectives! Anyway, how about having the balls to sign your name to what you write.

Sincerely Yours,

Det. T.J. Barbusio, Sr.

Very typical of Lake Worth Loyal. He's loyal to himself that's about it

11-28-2007, 06:09 AM
The merger ain't happening. Just wishful thinking. There is a lot new guys willing to replace the dead wood. A lot of apps being filled out in HR fellas. I even heard we got one or two coming back. So all the malcontent ones can leave. We got warm bodies coming in to replace ya. Good luck!

Man you can tell you're not to educated on politics. The merger will eventually happen.

11-28-2007, 06:13 AM
This whole line of BS makes me sick. I said it before and I will say it again. Why are we airing all of this for all of god and creation to read. Enough is enough. Second, getting into an arguement over the computer is just plain stupid. Third, I end up having to leave and the whole FOP and everything else appears to have gone to crap. If you guys did not want the current President, then you should have stepped up and made another nomination when I called for it . But, no-one did or would. Lastly, Timmy I am sorry to see what position you have been put in, and I fully understand your feelings. I for one, do not hold anything against you. You have fully supported the FOP and the Lodge during your tenior. For that I thank You. I look forward to getting back and start working, but I do not look forward to the BS.
From the writings you should be able to tell who this is.

11-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Congratulations Sarge! :D

11-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Congratulations Sarge! :D
Congrats Bill, to bad your not here to walk the gauntlet, but no one does that here, you know what I mean though.

11-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Bill,

Thanks for the pick me up! Guys like you are sorely missed at times like these! You, Cintron, and Bogie keep your heads down. Sgt. Dan's gotta package headed your way. I know it's no consellation for being home for the holidays with your families, but we're always thinking of you guys and we wish you a safe and quick return. Congrats on your promotion, you deserve it.

Tim

11-29-2007, 06:33 AM
DELETED MOD 425-KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL

11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
COWARD!

11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
you guy's will never learn how to stand up for each other.

When officers are picked out and attacked nobody whats to get involved ,some of you guys are nothing but pupets.

DELETED MOD 425-NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL

12-01-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey let's get 11 hours shifts , but it will cost the city some of the savings they will get, bargin smart boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You no it's funny that the chief never wanted 11 hour shifts until now, but it is a way to save his job and not go SO - maybe he should of thought of it years ago.

Don't worry when the PBA gets in they will get it for us, but the city will have to fork over some $$$$$$

12-01-2007, 12:11 AM
Watch out Timmy, or you will be the next booted out because you speak the truth....

12-01-2007, 02:58 AM
oh"let me mention some- Ken, Frank,Tom, Bob, Lorenzo, Mel, Bernie ,the 2 from NYPD ,just to mention a few.

12-01-2007, 07:17 AM
you people are the lowest of the low. its hard to believe they give you guns. i can only hope you shoot yourself in the femoral artery when you put it into your hoster

12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
DELETED MOD 425, KEEP IT CIVIL

12-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Okay, what's up with the censorship on this site? I saw some posts on here this morning that no longer exist. If a moderator is deleting them, I thought it needed a notation that that is what happened and why. Granted they were very obnoxious and personal but that's the whole problem here, isn't it? As long as the mud is being slung in someone else's direction, it's fine because after all, it's the truth. Isn't that how we justify the backstabbing and the gossip about each oither? I have heard the same person make comments about another officer's disability and laugh about it. Makes me wonder who the LW monitor is????

12-01-2007, 09:21 PM
yea moderator whats up ? Slamming can only go one way calling someone a slug or more is okay

12-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey what does it take to make Lt in this department? Well some do it by hard work like KW and DM-SS and CL and some make it by being the D'C s friend DM - because he failed the test originally then the D/C changed the rules and got him to pass. Then there's LT PE that would burn anyone that he is told to burn, And let's not forget TB (deleted MOD 425)

WOW good job KW , CL and DM_SS for doing it the rightway.

12-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey Tim let them call you want they want behind your back, there not man enough to call it to your face or sign there name to it.

I've worked with you and your a better cop then there ever be. :lol:

12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
TB's a great guy! I learned a lot from him. I don't think he cares about the cynics.

12-02-2007, 07:13 PM
everyone read the post on the 12 hour shifts board posted today 12/ 02 very good makes a great point

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
let's go PBSO

12-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Hobosexual

Adjective. The opposite of metrosexual; one who cares little for one's own appearance.

12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Lake Worth is not going green. End of discussion!!!!!

12-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Lake Worth is not going green. End of discussion!!!!!

Lake Worth is not going to 12 hour shifts. End of discussion!!!!! (Doing my best to sound like the pinhead administrator on the last post)

12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
First they said we were going green October of 2007. Then they said we are going green in January 2008. So now does anyone want to give out another merger date??? LOL

I guess I was right...

It ain't happen'in this year green wannabees...

12-29-2007, 01:22 AM
First they said we were going green October of 2007. Then they said we are going green in January 2008. So now does anyone want to give out another merger date??? LOL

I guess I was right...

It ain't happen'in this year green wannabees...

You have a problem with Deputies?

The city and county fire resuce merger just fell through. Now since the city can't save money that way, they'll have to merge the police. The fire rescue merger can't happen until the end of 2009.

It's appartent you have a problem with Deputies calling your co-workers green wannabees. Thanks for keeping the brotherhood alive :twisted:
It's officers like you who shouldn't be wearing the badge. It doesn't matter what uniform we wear we are all on the same team.

01-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Lake Worth...what a joke!!! :twisted:

01-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Lake Worth...what a joke!!! :twisted:

WOW, what an insightful post. Good thing you stayed home from work to think that one up. Did you get any help?

01-14-2008, 03:37 AM
Boy, just a fine example of why we need to go to PBSO, a Lt with over 24 year's of experience and an acting Deputy Chief of Police with 25 year's of experience allow the department to work a crime for over 3 hour's using Lake Worth Police only to determind that the crime they are investigating belong's to PBSO. This is something they should have relized within the first 10 minutes of the call.

We have enough crime in the city, we don't need to waste time investigating a crime that occured in PBSO jurisdiction.

Let's see an experienced or rookie officer would have ran the address and found that it didn't appear in our computer system , I quess that there was no question like that on the Lt's test, oh I forgot this Lt failed the Lt's test.

Then the public information Sgt. with over 20 year's of experienec show's up and he doesn't relize that the case isn't our's, now you have over 60 year's of experience on scene and nobody figure's it out , WOW!!!!!!!

The department's entire criminal investigation unit is called out and they work the case for over 3 hour's before the new's media tell's Lake Worth that this isn't thier case.

And during this where was our chief . oh maybe trying to find a job for his friend Kelly within the city who know's not like he would have known if the location was in our jurisdiction or not.

My Mayor please wake up we need leadership please bring in the SO.

01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
That is so sad. Really sad! WOW! :cry:

01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
It amaze's me how some people cant go thru a day without bad-mouthing the PD and its leadership. If you dont like it, leave. Instead of being a whiner and complainer about everything, you should be giving plausible suggestions or a course of action to fix the problem. Getting on a website where anyone and all creation can read how much you dislike working at LWPD and bad-mouthing the PD is childish. Do I agree with everything going on inside the PD or the city for that matter, NO, but you dont see me whining about it on this iste and making all of us look bad. Be an adult and stop.

01-14-2008, 10:32 PM
To the poster at 1702/ I would like to suggest things but the chief removed the suggestion box over 8 year's ago and he also did away with the HRC meeting's- his comments were I don't need anyone to tell me how to run my department. Well quess again chief that's why you had to leave York.

And posting negative thing's on this site doesn't make us all look bad just those dummies who do the dum stuff. Also it show's outsiders what is really wrong with the department.

I know that if it was up to the chief and his boy's they wouldn't want any of the blunder's to get out this way the can tell city hall everything is just ok we have no problems "only a few bad apples".

Wrong again most of us like doing our job we just don't like the B---S--- and we need new direction.

We need either a new chief or PBSO.........

And for anyone that want's to hide the mis-use of man power the other day, well then shame on you. The answer isn't to hide blunder's and poor suspervision , the answer is to correct them and these type's of blunder's have been going on and covered up for far to long.

Let's see what kind of disapline will be handed down to the acting D/C KW, LT DM and Sgt RP for this blunder , let's see what is put in thier file's.
I know that if one of us did this big blunder we would suffer.

01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
to the poster who said we should post salutions to problems , well here's one get rid of the current administration and get someone in hear , either PBSO or a new chief that will not let this stuff kept happening.

This cheif has let so much wrong go on and he has covered up so much it make's me sick. But then I see him attack other's for voicing thier opintion's.

EDIT MOD 425

01-15-2008, 07:43 AM
Ok let's just say that the chief new that someone in the department took a free truck and free storage from a tow company in exchange for extra towing jobs would this be wrong?

EDIT MOD 425, no personal attacks from anonymous posters.

P.S. Should be "knew", not "new".

Or would it be wrong that the same employee came to a scene of a arrest for a DUI and let an arrested subject go and then took the tape from the arrest and roadsides and distroyed it ,then ordered the officers not to write a report or issue a citation even though the persin in question was on his 3rd DUI and was driving under restrictions for a DUI less than 1 month before this incident , would that be wrong not to have it investigated well that's our chief.

I'm not saying that any of this happened but if it did and the chief new about this should he have had it investigated?

I think so.

04-09-2008, 04:22 PM
WE'RE GOING GREEN!!!!!!!!!

04-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Crap like this starts rumors. Keep your fingers crossed and your mouth shut. Hopefully we all will be saved by PBSO. It is NOT a done deal like so many said it was for the pastyear. Good luck to us all and be safe.

04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Crap like this starts rumors. Keep your fingers crossed and your mouth shut. Hopefully we all will be saved by PBSO. It is NOT a done deal like so many said it was for the pastyear. Good luck to us all and be safe.

Crap like this? I think that an article on the front page of the paper does a lot more to "start rumors" than a posting on this site.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/ ... _0410.html (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2008/04/10/c1b_skpolice_0410.html)

04-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Good luck to you all. Looks more promising than ever to hear the City Commissioners voted unanimously to go back to the table.

From the Article in the Post:
This month, Lake Worth city commissioners voted unanimously to rekindle merger talks that began last year.

When property tax revenue was zooming from the bullish real estate market, the city's budget increased by more than 20 percent a year. But the department hired no new officers, as additional money covered pension contributions and overtime costs, said City Commissioner Dave Vespo.

With tax revenue down, the city will have to struggle to cut expenses, he said.

He supports the merger for more than just financial reasons.

"I believe in regional policing," Vespo said. "Criminals don't recognize boundaries."

Lake Worth Mayor Jeff Clemens said a merger would provide a better service at a better price.

"What it allows you to do is tap into resources that the city just doesn't have," he said.

Bradshaw said he needs to review budget numbers provided by both departments before making a decision.

If the police departments contract with the sheriff's office, they would join Mangonia Park, Royal Palm Beach, Belle Glade, Pahokee, Wellington, South Bay and Lake Park.

"All the jurisdictions are extremely happy," Bradshaw said. "There was a cost savings to them (and) they got excellent service and more resources. Officers' pay went up. They got better training."

04-13-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 2129.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flp3bdigest04100pnapr10,0,1742129.story)

04-14-2008, 05:44 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Another loss for the wonder twins!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Anything happen at city comm meeting about the PBSO?

04-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Here we go PBSO, it's close

05-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Lake Worth is merging with PBSO!!!!!!!!!!!

05-02-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... 3921.story (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-flpsheriff0502pnmay02,0,3743921.story)

05-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Heard the proposal from the Sheriff was given to the City and that it was a good offer. Any truth to this?

05-25-2008, 04:49 AM
Heard the proposal from the Sheriff was given to the City and that it was a good offer. Any truth to this?

I spoke to a well placed person the other day at the stockade, he told me that it's a done deal. The city does have the proposal and it does look really good according to him. He says we should expect to hear something within the next week or two. He says that he has seen the order for new uniforms and cars. He said to get ready for new equipment and bigger checks......Oh, did I forget to mention that he was an inmate in for fraud and forgery?

It ain't done, till it's done!!!!

05-31-2008, 03:00 AM
NICE! So whats the deal???? Is it going to happen or not? Anyone ever go to the CVS across from the PD by the way????

06-07-2008, 11:35 AM
This merger will never happen if the CHIEF is involved in the negotiations. He will torpedo everything to save his and his boys (Lt) jobs.
The citizens have to be involved and demand that the city do it.

06-07-2008, 09:29 PM
The Chief has placed himself square in negotiations and the process is going to grind down to no merger.The men and women of the police department and the Community of Lake Worth must contact their rpresentatives and demand the negotiations be conducted without the Chiefs presence.

06-07-2008, 10:12 PM
If the Chief can run an effective police department and keep cost at a minimal, then there really isn't a need for a merger. Wasn't that the whole idea? :roll:

06-08-2008, 01:40 AM
It is obvious that some have already formulated reasons for the mergers outcome:

If there is no merger: They'll blame those they hate. Continue to whine and cry poor me.

If there is: They will take credit on how they "made it happen" and count their expected windfall.

Can't we just catch bad guys.

06-08-2008, 02:28 AM
This merger isn't going to happen. Sorry, maybe next year. To the crybabies, just be happy that you have a job. If you haven't noticed, our economy is taking a toll. Try to make the best with what you have. If you can't stand it, then leave. There are several applications in HR waiting to be processed.

06-08-2008, 04:06 AM
This merger isn't going to happen. Sorry, maybe next year. To the crybabies, just be happy that you have a job. If you haven't noticed, our economy is taking a toll. Try to make the best with what you have. If you can't stand it, then leave. There are several applications in HR waiting to be processed.

Oh that is the answer, just hire a new person. Let's keep the experienced and trained ones here.

Lets get rid of the top brass that TB,Pe CR, DM and others who do nothing but start the B/S around here.

06-09-2008, 04:15 PM

Oh that is the answer, just hire a new person. Let's keep the experienced and trained ones here.

Lets get rid of the top brass that TB,Pe CR, DM and others who do nothing but start the B/S around here.

AMEM BROTHER

06-12-2008, 11:00 PM
It's a done deal. Lake Worth is going green!!!!

06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
yeah ok......when n how?

06-13-2008, 01:32 AM
yeah ok......when n how?

It's not a done deal, but it's close. It could go either way.

06-13-2008, 01:46 AM
I don't get it. How is the union going to chip in and pay the 12 million $$. I pay $40 a month in dues. Way short of anything million.

06-13-2008, 06:30 PM
Well here we go folks, keep your fingers crossed. Was I the only one that noticed that the Chief did not seem so opposed to the idea now, which is not what I have heard in the past. Hum, I wonder whats up.

06-14-2008, 12:43 PM
He was probably offered a job ?

06-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Why is that anyone needs any convincing that going green is better for all of us? I cannot understand it for the life of me. Does it take a rocket scientist to see what has happened to the morale around here? Just look at the morale over there, and look at what the sheriff is doing for them. People, you just need to open your eyes and engage your brain.

It's time that we start becoming more involved in taking an interest in our futures. We are clearly in financial distress and the situation, which involves our salaries, benefits, and pensions is not going to get any better until we merge over with our brothers and sisters in green. The vast majority of the people over there respect us for the experience that we have gained by working here in the city.

Stop your whining and crying and become committed to standing united so that we can get this merger accomplished so that we all win.

06-15-2008, 03:10 AM
Any word on the final date for a final answer on whether we are going green or not?

06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
It's going to be like Royal Palm. Unexpected.

07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
so what is going on with every thing now? does anyone know?

07-02-2008, 10:39 PM
so what is going on with every thing now? does anyone know?

Why don't you ask the PBA reps? Hey, why aren't we having PBA meetings to discuss whats been going on? The only action thats happened since we went PBA was a dues increase that nobody was notified of.

07-03-2008, 11:57 AM
You hit the nail right on the head GreenMeadows. The PBA reps are all sgt's. They dont have the same interests as the rest of us do.

07-04-2008, 05:50 AM
You hit the nail right on the head GreenMeadows. The PBA reps are all sgt's. They dont have the same interests as the rest of us do.

Everyone shouldn't of voted for SGT's. No one learns.

07-04-2008, 06:38 AM

Hey morons, more officers should have run. 5 people ran and all won. Go talk to your rep and ask for a meeting.

07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
[quote="LW Gal":zkfv4lup]You hit the nail right on the head GreenMeadows. The PBA reps are all sgt's. They dont have the same interests as the rest of us do.

Hey morons, more officers should have run. 5 people ran and all won. Go talk to your rep and ask for a meeting.[/quote:zkfv4lup]

Hey you have one officer as a rep RB, he will back you not like the rest .

08-27-2008, 01:10 PM
[quote="Guest"]The merger ain't happening. Just wishful thinking. There is a lot new guys willing to replace the dead wood. A lot of apps being filled out in HR fellas. I even heard we got one or two coming back. So all the malcontent ones can leave. We got warm bodies coming in to replace ya. Good luck!

JACKASS!

08-27-2008, 02:23 PM
Whoever this moron is must not be following the recent events?

Vote=Yes Signed Contract=Yes

Now go back to elementary school and help yourself. Read newspapers, do your best to get your IQ a bit higher than 5. You are on the "plus or minus" IQ list. :devil:

For the rest of us "Lake Worth Deputies". We Made It !!! :snicker:

[quote="LW Gal":3rga00v3]You hit the nail right on the head GreenMeadows. The PBA reps are all sgt's. They dont have the same interests as the rest of us do.

Hey morons, more officers should have run. 5 people ran and all won. Go talk to your rep and ask for a meeting.

Hey you have one officer as a rep RB, he will back you not like the rest .[/quote:3rga00v3]

08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone WELCOME, I was at the LW City Commission meeting last night and saw your soon to be ex-chief try one more of his attempts to block the merger, how pathetic, now we all can see what kind of person he really is. It was so obvious that he is only out for himself.

I heard that earlier in the day he sent an e-mail to city officials stating nothing but opinions and false figures in an attempt to get them not to vote for the merger, only to later on in the day attempt to recall the e-mail or have his name removed from it.

It was great to see him squirm when he was called on the carpet at the city commission meeting and asked if he wrote the e-mail, and like he has done in the past, he attempted not to take responsibility for the entire content, boy talk about no backbone !!!!

Well that type of management is gone, you now have a boss that will back you and do what is right for the agency, it’s employees and the citizens they are here to protect.

For those of you that were at the meeting you saw the persons (KW, DM, TL, just to name a few) that were huddled around the chief at first but once the vote was completed and the merger was a fact they were the first to kiss up to the sheriff office brass at the meeting, boy they surely showed their true colors. These are the individuals that we have to watch because we may be able to change the color of their uniforms but we will never change their methods of playing both sides of the fence.

Anyways welcome to the PBSO family.

08-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Thanks to the poster at 08/27/08 at 1725 GREEN GREEN.

Now every one can see what we had to put up with this chief for years. I know that the PBA knows the kind of BS this chief can come up with as they have experienced it over the years.

I have to say to the soon to be ex-chief, hey Bill you bought this all about yourself.
You didn’t care about your employees or the city and its citizens, you only cared about yourself and the few puppets around you.

The vote we conducted at the PD for the merger was actually a vote of NO CONFIDENCE on you because we were tired of seeing you drag the department we all love so much to into the ground.

When you came here you removed the employee suggestion boxes, saying you didn’t need anyone telling you how to run your department. (WRONG)

You then took away our officer of the month program and even had your friend Kelly attempt to throw away the officer of the month name board, which was proudly displayed, in our lobby. (WRONG)

You then removed all of the Citizens on Patrol volunteers from our building and you even stopped the Citizens Academy program. (WRONG)

When the residents of zone 4 requested you to attend their neighborhood meetings to hear their concerns, you refused to show up or have any department from the department go in your place. (WRONG)

Then you convinced certain members to get rid of the PBA because you couldn’t control who they defended or didn’t defend. And once the new union was in (FOP) they showed you that they could not be controlled by you either, again you had them removed and changed back to the PBA. (WRONG)

When crime was increasing in the city you attempted to hide this fact by reclassify reports, and not being a leader and redirecting some resources.
(WRONG)

We needed a breath of fresh air for a long time, now that the merger is a done deal your probably sitting there asking yourself what happened and where did I go wrong? = Refer to above.

The answer is simple look in the mirror after reading this and MAN UP, remember an important lesson.

Oh by the way, the union/PBA that you fought so hard to get rid of is back and not only did they play a very important part of getting rid of you, but they made sure that you weren’t taken into the sheriffs office because of your antics.

So like the old saying goes, don’t go away mad, just go away.

09-04-2008, 08:44 AM
I want to thank the City Commission on voting out the police chief and voting in the SO, with the new process and policing along with its many recourses we can now give the attention to the cities many concerns and move this city forward.

With the change the citizens won’t only see a color change in the uniforms and stripes down the sides of its cars they will see a “I care attitude”. Don’t get me wrong we have always had this inside but we weren’t aloud to direct these energies because of the “old type of thinking around the department”.

We have such good people hear some young and old but we needed such change in thinking and management.

Thanks again.

09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
I want to thank the City Commission on voting out the police chief and voting in the SO, with the new process and policing along with its many recourses we can now give the attention to the cities many concerns and move this city forward.

With the change the citizens won’t only see a color change in the uniforms and stripes down the sides of its cars they will see a “I care attitude”. Don’t get me wrong we have always had this inside but we weren’t aloud to direct these energies because of the “old type of thinking around the department”.

We have such good people hear some young and old but we needed such change in thinking and management.

Thanks again.