PDA

View Full Version : Question about Miami Office

11-08-2007, 05:05 AM
I was wondering if the Miami office has any openings. Also, I would like to know if they work narcotics or organized crime cases. I was told by an officer from the Miami-Dade Police Department that as far as he knew ABT had a narcotics squad that worked along Miami-Dade Police Narcotics. What about the pay? Any help is very appreciated.

11-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I was wondering if the Miami office has any openings. Also, I would like to know if they work narcotics or organized crime cases. I was told by an officer from the Miami-Dade Police Department that as far as he knew ABT had a narcotics squad that worked along Miami-Dade Police Narcotics. What about the pay? Any help is very appreciated.

Yes. ABT (Divison of ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES and TOBACCO) works everything except alcohol and tobacco. We work narcotics and vice crimes. Lewd, prostution and human trafficking. We work under super duper top secret high profile mentally challeging extra secret squirrel task forces and if hired chances are you will be assigned out to a federal or local agency on a full time basis, and that will be undercover of course. I think our Divison is actually ficitious so we dont blow our cover working for our real agency which you will be assigned to after you complete our 12 1/2 week field training program. Hope this answers your question.

11-09-2007, 01:19 AM

ABT is undergoing a much needed transition. To answer your question, we do work narcotics and other types of violations as they relate to a licensed premise. There are some agents assigned to task forces, but I wouldn't come to ABT with that as your goal.
Starting pay for a Law Enforcement Investigator II in the Dade, Palm Beach, Monroe, Broward area is around $ 44,600 (39,600 + 5,000 competitive area differential.) Check the www.myflorida.com (http://www.myflorida.com) web page for more detailed information about state vacancies.
It is a good job and most of us are happy and pleased with the prospect that things will certainly be better under the new administration. I think I'll stick around and see what happens. If you have any particular questions, please ask.

11-09-2007, 11:28 PM

[quote:2zscaqqp]I guess you got your answer,,,,however, the truth is this division has never been a real law enforcement agency .....and never will ....This agency is a political pawn for politicians to play as they see fit without any concern for the citizens of the state of florida.... This division has always been the whore in law enforcement because they pay for other law enforcement agencies to come over and play...narcotics, prostitution, etc...any kind of assignments the other agencies couldn't and wouldn't allow thier officers to work, the divisios was called for to assit and to pay for it....just ask your Major............[/quote:2zscaqqp]

11-12-2007, 10:00 PM
ABT is a joke

11-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I agree - look at all of the stuff going on down there right now - nobody is happy - and the command staff does not care...hopefully all the agents there get out before it gets really bad!

11-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Its embarrassing for me to see some of the posts here that give such a negative impression to those outside the agency.

If ABT is such a joke of an agency and everyone is so disgusted with it then why in the world do you stay employed here. If it truly has no value and is the "whore" of State law enforcement then why do people even care enough to post here. The only answer can be that the employees, all 200 of them, lack ANY amount of self esteem and/or self worth. I can't believe that this is true.

I think its far more accurate to say that ABT has tremendous potential as a law enforcement agency. Unfortunately, there is a high amount of frustration because we fail to meet our true potential as an agency. And truth be told many of us fail to meet our potential as people and as investigators. For that we can only blame ourselves. At the end of the day, its time for each of us to take some ownership in making things better. Taking ownership will give us a sense of pride in our accomplishments both singularly and collectively. We are loaded with some extremely talented people, its pride that we lack!!

11-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Its embarrassing for me to see some of the posts here that give such a negative impression to those outside the agency.

If ABT is such a joke of an agency and everyone is so disgusted with it then why in the world do you stay employed here. If it truly has no value and is the "whore" of State law enforcement then why do people even care enough to post here. The only answer can be that the employees, all 200 of them, lack ANY amount of self esteem and/or self worth. I can't believe that this is true.

I think its far more accurate to say that ABT has tremendous potential as a law enforcement agency. Unfortunately, there is a high amount of frustration because we fail to meet our true potential as an agency. And truth be told many of us fail to meet our potential as people and as investigators. For that we can only blame ourselves. At the end of the day, its time for each of us to take some ownership in making things better. Taking ownership will give us a sense of pride in our accomplishments both singularly and collectively. We are loaded with some extremely talented people, its pride that we lack!!

Thanks Oprah!

11-17-2007, 03:16 AM

Thanks Oprah!

Oprah aint got nothing on this place. Jerry Springer has called and wants our agency supervisors to be on his show. The show title is "Jokers, Wannabees, Back Stabbers and those that are Useless".

11-17-2007, 04:09 AM
Jerry wants your mama too!

08-01-2008, 04:33 AM
I have it on good authority that Montel will be our nexr director and will run the agency from Miami. He also has cones in his trunk and is prepared to lead.