PDA

View Full Version : policy question?

11-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Is it against any dept policy for a supervisor, (perhaps an LT) to have a relationship with a newly hired officer, and to bring said officer to an off-duty function (halloween party) at which there are other departmental employees? Also, is there any prohibition against that supervisor (perhaps an LT) to ever (potentially) be the direct supervisor of this newly hired officer? I'm just curious. I wouldn't want anyone to get in jam over this sort of (on-going) poor judgement. {I'm not implying that this supervisor (perhaps an LT) has ever done anything of, lets say, an improper nature in the past.} [This scenario is strictly hypothetical in nature. No actual persons, sworn or onsworn are suggested to be depicted in the preceding scenario.]
Have a nice day.

11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
I don't think it's a policy violation as it has happened many times over the years and nothing has ever happened. But then again, no punishment around here is done uniformly.

It all depends on who you are if they use the broom or the hammer. Are you feeling LUCKY ?

11-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Once you have stars, bars,or stripes, it appears that you are ifree from any punishment for infractions of policy or other perhaps lapses in moral judgement. These are our leaders, the creme of the crop, or is it a crock??

11-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Here we go again - the Clearwater Cowards will post their Holier than thou points of view and remain nameless. I'm sure you have a Big Blue policy book, please advise of the violation, don't waste your time, there ain't one.

11-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Think again. Others got time off for the similar circumstances. As for the coward part, where is your name COWARD.

11-08-2007, 05:55 PM
No name needed, I'm not bashing a particular person. As for "others got time off", you don't speak for them, and I know they don't want you to.

11-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Hey WWJD, take it easy! You should have known this was going to happen sooner or later. First theres the email pissing contest with JT and now this. Looks like the Ironman needs a vacation before he cracks.

11-10-2007, 09:14 PM
How come when you hit a nerve by speaking the truth, you are a coward? Anyway, it looks like the sleeping CPD volcano is starting to rumble. Maybe us "cowards" are going to start spewing out some of the crap that the CPDs golden-boy Lt's, and Sgts continually get away with, all the while rising to the top! Watch out boys...the scams and cheats and bullcrap is coming to an end. By the way, does anyone have any photos of so-and-so's "daisy dukes" she was wearing at the infamous Halloween party? Come, why not share them with the rest of us, if there is nothing to hide? :twisted:

11-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I will take a wait and see approach on this one. If the punishment is equally applied than I don't think there is an argument.

If the Big Broom comes out than I think Staff will lose any respect it has left. Imagine if an FTO or somebody in the Training Section was conducting the same activity. They would be thrown out of the program and would assuredly get days off. Why is this any different?

Either way it's an embarassment and an unfortunate position to be in. Where is the trust? Staff should have seen it coming though as it has been his Modus Operandi forever. If there is no punishment than I guess the rest of us don't have to live by standards. This moral dilemna directly affects the morale of the department as everyone is waiting to see if there is equal punishment amongst us or is it only selective enforcement.
Go one way and everyone will understand that there are rules, go the other way and there will always be questions and accusations.

11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
of course the name I am using here does not matter, what matters though is that there will be no punishment to this Lt. Just watch. Nothing like what has happened to the two examples CPD made of two particular Sgts. not that long ago. So CPD set these Sgts for example of what would happen when you have a relationship with another officer under you? Now they aren't going to do the same thing to this Lt? Way to go CPD. Class act! What morales? I wonder what the St. Pete Times will think about this newst scam. Maybe the writer who wrote all about the last large adultry scandel will enjoy doing a Piece on the "piece" that yet another officer is getting.

Thank gawd she did have Daisy Dukes on at the "infamous" Halloween party....it distracted us from her hound dog face! Anyway and why won't she step down or walk away and get another job somewhere else at another agency? It can't be because she wants to work somewhere , where they have high moral standards......instead she is really going to make it as rough as she can on this particular Lt. and dig her heals in and stay? Good move. Boy you really are young and unexperienced aren't you? Hey Daisy....are you going to be "unavailable" or having lunch with the Lt. when it is time to serve and protect, you know when duty calls? Also no one wants ANOTHER female officer doing the buddy bump with the male married police offiers of CPD. Oh wait maybe they do want you to stay......CPD.....no morals.....married or not...sound right Lt? Sound right Sgt? Men, I have seen some of your wives and or girlfriends........you are lucky they will even have you.......beautiful women you destroy or take for granted.........then you go and screw up BIG TIME causing embarrasment to EVERYONE, including your employer, THE CITY, casting shame as well and all the while going home to your wife or girlfriend and lying straight to her face........well not until she finds out first at least. These boards are so great though because all she has to do is know about LEO AFFAIRS and read some of this crap you all put on here and your dirty name will eventually show up here in some form. Right Lt? You all won't be able to resist spewing something about this post. You won't be able to help yourselves. Watch, ready, set go.......Got it? Good. :twisted:

11-13-2007, 06:19 PM
You guys need to ban all parties...they seem to turn into orgies and scandels :shock:

11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Always seems that the same people "host" these parties!! Maybe you should just be smart and stay away!

11-20-2007, 05:13 AM
Take it to the Spouse Page - Wife With No Life 3