PDA

View Full Version : Take Home Cars

11-06-2007, 08:52 PM
This topic has come up again. Can't happen soon enough!

Crude hits $97; traders brace for $100

Crude oil hit another record today on growing concern about domestic supplies, and speculation was building that the price could hit $100 a barrel as early as Wednesday.

11-06-2007, 09:42 PM
This topic is brought up several times a year !! IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, IN ANY CAPACITY !!! They mention it just often enough to keep the dream alive, and a glimmer of hope.

ENJOY THE TAKE HOME KEYS, THATS ALL WE GET.

11-07-2007, 12:44 AM
That last post is soooo true. But, then again the way the whacky USF/state/government budget works, cars are equipment, and there all ways seems to be a lot more money available typically for equipment then salaries.

11-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Come on now! They are willing to give you a 1.5% raise in 2009.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Come on now! They are willing to give you a 1.5% raise in 2009.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And show your USF ID and you can take the bus for 1/2 price

11-17-2007, 07:28 PM
But you have to stand in the back

11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
It will not happen period and never will. If we did get take home cars, you still have people that couldn't get far from their driveway without making some kind of traffic stop or get tied up for a while on something. Considering we are short on manpower the way it is, I don't see how it would help our situation. This is another rumor gimmick period, and that crap needs to stop.

11-18-2007, 05:05 AM
all the bs gimmicks got me, thats why I took the job here!

11-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Wait a minute. I can't ride your motorcycles to your Boat??? That sucks.

11-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Campus police. There is no reason for you to take cars home. Get bent.

11-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Just a suggestion... you need to show the benefit to the administration of having take home cars. That includes showing the cars will be better maintained, last longer, and the ones assigned will be available for any emergency. It will improve moral and is only a slight cost if any.. In other agencies around the State they are charging mileage to and from work usually at around 11 cents a mile per IRS rules as a benefit. Still a bargain
If you just go under "gas is expensive" .. that is a reason for admin to say no. Present the facts in a benefit way to your agency and the officers.
This from a S. Fl. LEO who worked to keep take home cars for our officers. Good Luck ! It is a nice benefit.

11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Last I heard, Lt. D is working on this proposal, to include everything you just mentioned. Thanks for the positive comment.

11-22-2007, 01:52 AM
I believe that UCF has them.

11-23-2007, 07:11 AM
http://www.break.com/index/court-report ... tmare.html (http://www.break.com/index/court-reporters-worst-nightmare.html)

WE ARE THINKING OF HIRING HIM AT METRO DADE AS A STREET CRIMES UNIT. DID HE LOOK LIKE THIS WHILE AT USF? IT APPEARS HE LOST SOME MUSCLE TONE :lol:

11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Did K. Moore brush off your advances or something. Guess you were tired of the bathroom stall scene.

01-11-2008, 03:38 AM
UCF PD has take home cars for the majority of officers. Newer officers may not get a car for a year or two but they will get one.
The hurricanes of 2004 got us our take homes. We had a boatload of cops all over the place with no cars to drive. During shift change you couldn't walk through the building because everyone was trying to trade keys and get their gear loaded. With our "Ready Car" program the benefit is the University's. Officers can respond from home in an emergency ready to hit the road running. For those officers that take advantage of the system by making traffic stops five times on the way to work there is always discipline for that officer. We have had very few problems and a lot of compliments.

When I started at UCF I was told that we would never get take homes. The Chief was the only one who did, hang in there and convince the University that it will benefit them and get them positive PR. The only way for cops at a university to get anything is to make it benefit them. We are a necessary evil that they will always under fund and disrespect!

Good luck.

01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
The chief and his staff are trying tirelessly to try and get them. BUT YOU GUYS HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED THE USF ADMIN !!!!!!

01-12-2008, 02:56 AM
The state money works exactly like the government money. Plenty of good for equipment, but nothing towards employee salaries. It's funny how quick they did an evaluation of the existing police building for fix ups, as old as it is. They have useless thousands to fix an old building or thousands to fix up a junky car to keep it going.

Cars are equipment, so the take home car policy should work, they are equipment, why isnt it happening?

01-13-2008, 03:23 AM
Again, please understand that the community has no need, nor does the state of Florida have the need, for you guys to have take-home vehicles, period. Imagine the amount of civil liability that would be incurred if one of you took action off campus without first notifying the appropriate jurisdiction. Furthermore, we(outside of USF) HAVE NO NEED FOR FOR YOUR MARKED UNITS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS! You will try to argue the cost benifits to no end but realistically it has little effect on state budget. You are small, think small, know your place in this community! QUIT TRYING TO GET MORE AND BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE! YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE THAT. Your posts are embarrasing to yourselves and you don't even see it, GEEZ. You are campus police, hell, I bet you are embarassed to yell "STOP, USFPD, LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!". Then, while patting down, you yell "PALM PILOT, TAZE,TAZE!" :oops: :oops:

01-13-2008, 04:53 AM
Don't you get tired of posting so many derogatory comments? You constantly change your name on here in what appears to be an attempt to show broad dissatisfaction with USFPD. The truth is, you are a sad pathetic person who feels a need to lash out at men and women who perform a necessary and dangerous job for little compensation. You are a miserable human being who is not fit to be compared with them. Crawl back into your hole. FYI, USFPD has a Joint Cooperation pact with HCSO and TPD. If you aren't aware what that means, they do not have to notify HCSO (which has authority over every jurisdiction in hillsborough county) of a traffic stop. There is no civil liability.

Again, please understand that the community has no need, nor does the state of Florida have the need, for you guys to have take-home vehicles, period. Imagine the amount of civil liability that would be incurred if one of you took action off campus without first notifying the appropriate jurisdiction. Furthermore, we(outside of USF) HAVE NO NEED FOR FOR YOUR MARKED UNITS IN OUR NEIGHBORHOODS! You will try to argue the cost benifits to no end but realistically it has little effect on state budget. You are small, think small, know your place in this community! QUIT TRYING TO GET MORE AND BE SATISFIED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE! YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE THAT. Your posts are embarrasing to yourselves and you don't even see it, GEEZ. You are campus police, hell, I bet you are embarassed to yell "STOP, USFPD, LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS!". Then, while patting down, you yell "PALM PILOT, TAZE,TAZE!" :oops: :oops:

01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
I beg to differ scooter: SOP states that when u r off campus, you MUST notifiy the department whose jurisdiction u r in. Knowing how some of your officers have responded to certain calls lately, leaves several of us concerned... Having a masters in crim. and pscych. allows me the ability to clearly support Funk's statement relating to CIVIL LIABILITY.Please stop bashing all who give varying opinions that do not support your narrow "lil' thinkin'" ways. Your small department(7, maybe 10 vehicles) will not nick the University budget by getting take-homes, silly lad. OH, ALMOST FORGOT YOU CHOSE TO WORK FOR PEANUTS WHEN YOU GOT HIRED. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT NOW, YOU SHOULD BE SERVED CASHEWS???????? I know, what's a Brabus???? Again, your choice to work for peanuts limits your paradigms...hehehe :cry:

01-14-2008, 12:46 AM
I beg to differ scooter: SOP states that when u r off campus, you MUST notifiy the department whose jurisdiction u r in. Knowing how some of your officers have responded to certain calls lately, leaves several of us concerned... Having a masters in crim. and pscych. allows me the ability to clearly support Funk's statement relating to CIVIL LIABILITY.Please stop bashing all who give varying opinions that do not support your narrow "lil' thinkin'" ways. Your small department(7, maybe 10 vehicles) will not nick the University budget by getting take-homes, silly lad. OH, ALMOST FORGOT YOU CHOSE TO WORK FOR PEANUTS WHEN YOU GOT HIRED. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT NOW, YOU SHOULD BE SERVED CASHEWS???????? I know, what's a Brabus???? Again, your choice to work for peanuts limits your paradigms...hehehe :cry:

Maybe you have been gone a little too long. The mutual aid policy or should I say “cooperative agreement” policy is not as restrictive as you might remember if you were in fact once a lowly USFPD employee as you might put it. For someone who claims to have done so well for him/her self, it saddens me that you keep coming back to bash us. Your insults do not make us feel any worse or any better but give us a glimpse into your pathetic little existence. Enjoy your condos, millions, and better life. Your protection of anonymity is your only strength on this forum. I am one of the few that have actually admitted who they really are on these posts so I give to you a challenge. Step up. Be secure in you existence and come forward with an identity. Be secure in who you are and or what you have been and have become. Don't be afraid.

01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
WOW 1 HR 46 MIN, AND 19 SECONDS AFTER ROLL CALL AND ALREADY SCRATCHIN' YOUR REAREND WONDERING WHAT TO DO. LOOK FOR ME, I AM ONLY 286 FEET FROM THE STATION! Please tell me what good it would do for you to know me? Can I ride along with you and watch you fail at your task at hand? snarf snarf.............do you still go to Ryans and get a meal deal? Don't forget to let admin. know of the gratuities you recieve....All it takes is a pop in the door to speak to the manager ORRRRRRRRRRRR look on youtube and see USFPD GETS DISCOUNT RING-UP AT REGISTER.............silly goose............. it's only the beginning.....JUST A REMINDER: use commas where appropriate........be productive and stay safe mouse :oops:

01-14-2008, 02:23 AM
WOW 1 HR 46 MIN, AND 19 SECONDS AFTER ROLL CALL AND ALREADY SCRATCHIN' YOUR REAREND WONDERING WHAT TO DO. LOOK FOR ME, I AM ONLY 286 FEET FROM THE STATION! Please tell me what good it would do for you to know me? Can I ride along with you and watch you fail at your task at hand? snarf snarf.............do you still go to Ryans and get a meal deal? Don't forget to let admin. know of the gratuities you recieve....All it takes is a pop in the door to speak to the manager ORRRRRRRRRRRR look on youtube and see USFPD GETS DISCOUNT RING-UP AT REGISTER.............silly goose............. it's only the beginning.....JUST A REMINDER: use commas where appropriate........be productive and stay safe mouse :oops:

Oh I’m embarrassed. :oops: The creators of Microsoft Word and their punctuation programmers must have failed your grammar requirements. I guess when you have nothing productive to say you must bash the irrelevant. Ryans, Lenny’s, Golden Corral, or wherever, I have never asked for anything but the price and have always paid what was required and always will. My computer works fine from where I am at and do not post from work. I don’t consider that appropriate. Anyways, I welcome a ride along any day of the week. Of course don’t forget to wear a disguise. 8) 286 feet?? Great Neighborhood, huh? And you are absolutely right. Knowing who you are wouldn't serve any purpose what so ever.

"be productive and stay save mouse" Thanks?

01-14-2008, 03:14 AM
Quit taking this guys bait and responding to his posts.

Take home cares were not feaseable under the Johnson/Uravich administration in no way. But Longo is more progressive, and studies have shown that take home cars may not be such a bad proposition. It adds to an officers annual benefits, and is considered eqiupment.

As I stated before, there is a lot of money for equipment in a state/fed budget, but not actuall pay raises in those same paramiters for pay raises. The take home cars are equipment and not in a pay raise budget, but would still help out (sadly as it seems), but it would still benefit us.

01-14-2008, 03:45 AM
My tiny Swee'pee...........ANYWAYS IS NOT A WORD, GHETTO YES BUT NOT A WORD....................--- ft from you is one of the properties I own. The rent I recieve fom the lower income folks spends the same and allows me to have not 1, but several take-home vehicles. Patrol your borders more and the area would be NICER. But he-- I don't care..........I don't have to look at the crap...hehe I beg to differ what you pay at the register. The cell video, as well as, in-store video will be provided to Admin. as have the other 'video' items of interest.\\tsk tsk pitooeeeyyyy mouse must have eaten moldy cheese..........ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSS....be safe and and remember the z-scan when searching rooms at Pizzo and, by all means, beware the FATAL FUNNEL :P

01-15-2008, 12:30 AM
WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT NOW, YOU SHOULD BE SERVED CASHEWS????????

I like cashews... :lol:

01-15-2008, 04:06 AM
Me likeum red pistachios maan; stain ma fill-lan-jees maan........yum yum eat um up rrrrrrrraaassssssstttttaaaaaaaaaa style maan :shock: