PDA

View Full Version : TARA THOMAS TPD

11-05-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey Tampa, its Broward SO we just got one of yours any insight???

11-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Mind your Ps & Qs and you'll be fine. Don't give her any reasons and she won't have any ammo.

11-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Why don't you step up and go and meet her instead of trying to find out dirt behind her back?
She not a morning person and she know's her sh*t. How about that! Is that enought dirt for you?

tuffstuff
11-06-2007, 04:34 PM
she must not be the only one who is not a morning person.....geesh

11-07-2007, 03:54 AM
WELL DUH I did not ask for dirt I was looking for insight...IE was she a dispatcher before she was a supervisor ...is she fair...does she support you if you were right or just side with admin...not dirt just a little info...we are going through a hard time here right now and its hard when someone comes from the outside...then again maybe some new ideas will be better. I am not someone who cannot think for themselves and with 20 YEARS of experience I think I can give someone a chance to prove themselves before I draw any conclusions. Save your nastiness for someone who deserves it....by the way
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

TPD60
11-09-2007, 07:42 AM
WELL DUH I did not ask for dirt I was looking for insight...IE was she a dispatcher before she was a supervisor ...is she fair...does she support you if you were right or just side with admin...not dirt just a little info...we are going through a hard time here right now and its hard when someone comes from the outside...then again maybe some new ideas will be better. I am not someone who cannot think for themselves and with 20 YEARS of experience I think I can give someone a chance to prove themselves before I draw any conclusions. Save your nastiness for someone who deserves it....by the way
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Tara had been working for TPD since I belive she was 18 or 19 and she started from the bottom and worked her way up to head of the communications training program (also get this... she remembers where she came from). She's a good-natured and fair lady, just so long as your courteous and mind the in-place rules. And that's something I always appreciated about her... she wasn't afraid to enforce the rules, but at the same time, she wasn't afraid to have a good time ether, just so long as the p's and q's were minded and nobody else's rights were infringed upon.

Anyway, as one of the past posters said, she does know her stuff. I hope she does you guys some good, it's strange not having her around with us anymore.

tuffstuff
11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Thanks TPD60 for the info. Thats all we are looking for is someone who is fair and will get our back when we are right and keep those in line who need it. Take care.

11-10-2007, 12:38 PM
Did you go and meet Tara yet ? or are you still lurking in her shadow?

11-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I have been off so I havent had the pleasure. It sounds as though she is just what the Dr ordered we have issues with discipline and uniformity and she sounds like the perfect fit. I heard they are sending her through an orientation so she hasnt been in the center...but if I see her I WILL make it a point to introduce myself. Thank you to all who responded to our request for info not "Dirt" as one of you like to refer to it as. We get enough bashing from the road it is sad that it has to come from a fellow dispatcher as well...keep em all safe Thanks Again!!javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

12-11-2007, 03:47 AM
Im a little late on this but yes tara is a wonderful, wonderful person and she is really missed around here.. she was my other "mother" as alot of u will find out in the future she is fair and will have your back,, so take care of my mama down there.. lots of love,,TPD 36 Cherisa

01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
tara?? fair??? hmm dont think i've ever seen both tara and fair in the same sentence. as long as ur in her clique then ur in ....oh be sure to bend over ....ALOT.... she likes that fresh kiss my butt feeling!

good luck! glad shes gone tho!

01-10-2008, 08:50 PM
hmmm funny! i think ive heard her speak all of 20 words so far, thanks for the fresh perspective......though i guess quiet is better that not....maybe????

01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
hmmm funny! i think ive heard her speak all of 20 words so far, thanks for the fresh perspective......though i guess quiet is better that not....maybe????

What did you want, someone to come in charging and making changes? Have you not never heard the statement of " Don't make change unless you have change in your pocket to give." She is watching and seeing the center to see what needs to be done instead of listening to others and jumping on their ideas. That would be the biggest mistake one could make. Give it 6 months and then post if you aren't pleased. At least then you know the changes are from what was seen and considered needed, instead of what was heard and acted upon! I think it's wonderful and welcome the changes when they come - they will be worth the wait!

02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
How is Tara Doing down there, Hope she is learning what your positives are and finding ways to fix your negatives. The job you guys do is not an easy one, but the smart LEOs Know how important you guys are.

Tell Tara I said HI.

"remember you are not responsible for the actions of others, but are for the re-actions to them"

Duggan
ret-tpd#52

02-01-2008, 10:43 PM
HMMM our positives....we got new pretty consoles, thats about it.