PDA

View Full Version : Just Keeping them Honest

D'Artagnan
11-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Just so everyone is aware and clear on this issues, the sheriff is NOT the one responsible for the construction of the new jail, or sheriff office. This project was planned years ago and has been in the works since the last administration. For those who doubt this claim, read your old newspapers, or call your library and ask for old newspapers. It was basically a mandate by the state because our jail is the oldest in the state of North Carolina, and our county was going to be penalized if they did not upgrade. Cherokee County had no choice but to build this new jail. This Sheriff gets, and should get zero credit for this project. Reason I say this, its been said that the Sheriff now wants the new facility named after him. I would never expect that from our sheriff, would you?

Also, our sheriff continually tells the public and brags about all the drug forfeiture funds, well, those funds were from cases during previous administrations, and are only now being awarded in recent years by the federal government to our new sheriff. Sorry Sheriff, no credit for that too!

The only things this sheriff has done in recent years is move from a single wide trailer into a double wide trailer, and started a Victim's advocate program. There is nothing else new, and none of his campaign promises have been kept to date. Wait a minute, he did almost doubled his man power and almost doubled salaries for deputies. The moderator did delete the post on salaries, but I did have a chance to read it before deletion and the lowest paid deputy was $13.87 per hr, with the highest at $22.70. The average is $19.14 per hr. So this is a good change for the deputies, congratulations! I can now can see how such loyalty is inherited by some. Wait, I almost forgot, he did change the color of the police cars and their uniforms, plus purchased computers for the cars. And lets not forget the swat team, top of the line machine guns and every toy a big city cop would ever dream of. Good job sheriff, you are not all bad as some people would say.

What I have not seen is any progress with regards to our school system, making them any safer, or attempting to educated the children with regards to illegal drugs, or developing any program to work with our schools, with regards to the drug problems. These were the sheriff's campaign promises. Where is it? I am almost certain you will see a big push once again for new projects right before election in three years. What ever happen to operation "Second Frost"? I have seen nothing from our great past round-ups. Could it be its not an election year?

If you have any comments for me, or would like to contribute to any future posts, please feel free to email me. I will read and include your experiences, or stories.

Just keeping them honest!

D'Artagnan

11-30-2007, 01:49 AM
http://groups.google.com/groups/profile ... 7Z1GVQkNPw (http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=F26wzEUAAACxWGU3e-PIGNaITEz-rJEj9426gYszxxwQcjD0LkUbufAmsFIXeun1XG6zcGdiLC9iaQ pYM_vU2SOErO3jTBh-RPzlvHQDqG6_7Z1GVQkNPw)