PDA

View Full Version : fop

11-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Did you hear that were suppose to be voting on the contract next week?

11-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Did you hear that were suppose to be voting on the contract next week?

Two things:

First, "WERE" is the past tense of "are." For example: THEY WERE HERE, BUT NOW THEY ARE GONE. "WE'RE" is a contraction for "WE ARE." For example: "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

Second, the word "supposed" ends with a "d." We are not "suppose" to do anything. For example: YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNION (OR CONTRACT) THROUGH A UNION REPRESENTATIVE OR THE UNION BOARD, NOT LEOAFFAIRS. I SUPPOSE.

I am impressed, however, that you appropriately used a capital letter to start your sentence and the correct punctuation to end it.

Now, you may resume your nonsense.

11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks french 202 but is we all' votering next weak oh what bye the waye, why not teach in schoal not hear know one kares about spalling.

11-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks french 202 but is we all' votering next weak oh what bye the waye, why not teach in schoal not hear know one kares about spalling.

Did you think out that reply before you typed it? Honestly, it wasn't even remotely funny. Perhaps you should just read the messages and not try to reply if you can't come up with anything better than that....

11-01-2007, 02:54 PM
YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNION (OR CONTRACT) THROUGH A UNION REPRESENTATIVE OR THE UNION BOARD, NOT LEOAFFAIRS. I SUPPOSE.
/quote]
I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week. They also advised that they were never told consulted on the vote and they were unaware that it was even being posted. How are we going to vote on issues if we dont have the final contract language and our own board members dont have a clue whats going on?
I do agree with your corrections though.

11-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week.

I'm trying not to be a smartass here, but if you talked to four board members and they all said we're not voting on the contract next week, then what exactly makes you think that we ARE voting on it next week???? Since the board members have to set up the vote, wouldn't it make sense that THEY would know about it if it WAS going to mysteriously happen???

So, once you received THE SAME answer from four board members, you still posted the question here? As if some anonymous person was going to have more information about the contract than the board members you already spoke with?

This has got to be the silliest post I've ever read on here....

11-01-2007, 04:01 PM
I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week.

I'm trying not to be a smartass here, but if you talked to four board members and they all said we're not voting on the contract next week, then what exactly makes you think that we ARE voting on it next week???? Since the board members have to set up the vote, wouldn't it make sense that THEY would know about it if it WAS going to mysteriously happen???

So, once you received THE SAME answer from four board members, you still posted the question here? As if some anonymous person was going to have more information about the contract than the board members you already spoke with?

This has got to be the silliest post I've ever read on here....

You should listen to your own advice brainiac, its posted on the FOP board at the PD that the vote is next Tuesday you silly rabbit.

11-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Why are we in such a rush to vote on this when we have yet to review the FINAL proposal? Maybe some members do have a hidden agenda on our union board.

11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
You guys are amazing. The contract information has been posted on the FOP board for over a week. Detailed with what is being changed in each article. Be a little more attentive.

11-02-2007, 02:19 AM
wow, lets call a union meeting just to tell the not so senior people and the rookies their questions, let alone their opinions dont mean squat. let's recap shall we?
blah blah blah........ any questions?
thank you for the question, but you are obviously an idiot for asking about something you dont understand.... next question? oh did that answer your stupid question? no.....ok next question!!!

i mean really what was the point of that meeting? you had the board reading the contract that we all read....you had sgt. det "obvious" saying "wow that only affects the senior people" after every issue that mattered to the "membership".

if he actually knew the facts, the board actually put out information before they rejected the previous draft of the contract that failed to represent 67 of the most junior people in the agency. yeah a third of the dept. let me say that again. the board put that information out to the members. and yeah it pi$$ed alot of the junior guys off. again...... the junior officers were given that information by the board...... so please say it again capt obvious!!!!! 67 of the most junior officers were not going to get the 5% raise at the end of the 3rd year of the contract in the previous draft!!! gee that represents and benefits..... the senior officers at the time it was put out. as we all see now....because of the meeting..... the new step plan addressed that issue and now all is just peachy when it comes to the money.......

i believe every person that is a member of the union pays dues. and supposedly when you go into that meeting rank shouldnt matter.....but apparently it does. most of the new poeple are afraid to even goto the meetings because they dont even think they have the right to be there.....because the senior officers basically dont even talk to them when they are working so why put your neck out when it actually matters in a public forum...... yeah go figure.

did you notice that one of the board members even left the table at one point of the discussion? hmmmmm the lone decenter.... go figure......

just pick what you want, bully everyone who doesnt agree, and run the union as you see fit..... have at it.

11-02-2007, 05:16 AM
Ummm, what?

11-02-2007, 09:53 AM
wow, lets call a union meeting just to tell the not so senior people and the rookies their questions, let alone their opinions dont mean squat. let's recap shall we?
blah blah blah........ any questions?
thank you for the question, but you are obviously an idiot for asking about something you dont understand.... next question? oh did that answer your stupid question? no.....ok next question!!!

i mean really what was the point of that meeting? you had the board reading the contract that we all read....you had sgt. det "obvious" saying "wow that only affects the senior people" after every issue that mattered to the "membership".

if he actually knew the facts, the board actually put out information before they rejected the previous draft of the contract that failed to represent 67 of the most junior people in the agency. yeah a third of the dept. let me say that again. the board put that information out to the members. and yeah it pi$$ed alot of the junior guys off. again...... the junior officers were given that information by the board...... so please say it again capt obvious!!!!! 67 of the most junior officers were not going to get the 5% raise at the end of the 3rd year of the contract in the previous draft!!! gee that represents and benefits..... the senior officers at the time it was put out. as we all see now....because of the meeting..... the new step plan addressed that issue and now all is just peachy when it comes to the money.......

i believe every person that is a member of the union pays dues. and supposedly when you go into that meeting rank shouldnt matter.....but apparently it does. most of the new poeple are afraid to even goto the meetings because they dont even think they have the right to be there.....because the senior officers basically dont even talk to them when they are working so why put your neck out when it actually matters in a public forum...... yeah go figure.

did you notice that one of the board members even left the table at one point of the discussion? hmmmmm the lone decenter.... go figure......

just pick what you want, bully everyone who doesnt agree, and run the union as you see fit..... have at it.

You need to go back to your last agency, since is was sooo great. You need to grow up. The board made sure EVERYONE got the same money. You sat there last night (yes I know who you are) and said NOTHING. You are so wrong about the way YOU spread information. So I say again, go back and good luck :D

11-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I will begin with a complaint that I was unable to attend last nights meeting because of the sudden announcemnet that conflicted with my schedule. I know that alot of us also were unable to go and thats bs. Why not just delay it a few days like we normally do?
Now since I jread the above few exchanges I can only guess that the same meeting took place as usual. Why is it that when a dues paying member asks simple questions to other members/board members, that person QUICKLY becomes "trouble" or a "complainer" etc..
Why cant we just have a discussion without attacking those who take the time to ask questions. Some things are obvious to some of us but not to others, so let them ask their questions without shouting them down.
This union is very unique in that there is little to no input by the membership at meetings that goes against the grain and I'm to blame as well. This may be for a number of reasons and I'm sure that if I listed a few they would all be shot down for an equally good reason. We can only get better when we have an open discussion and the members dont feel like their question will be pushed aside.
Also, to answer a previous question, my opinion on new people not speaking up or attending is that somehow they are informed that they either are not supposed to attend or to keep their mouths shut. I can understand how this translates into being left out of the process or being ignored but it really explains a bigger problem that exists at our PD. I recall that for years alot of us wouldnt bother going to the meetings because a certain "got your back" Major was always there with his wingmen. That always made me feel so comfortable that I just wanted to challenge the leadership of the PD because I knew that there would be no payback. Yeah right that guy su#$%@#.
Just remember, they may be new now, but soon they will be the majority.

11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
They told us (BOARD) that the day of the vote, you can read the contract for as long as you want, before you vote. They also advised that you can ask a board member if you have any questions that day.
On the other issues, I dont think any"newer" people asked any bad questions but there were only a few members under 5 years there.
I also did notice that we still have 10 people answering a persons question that the board should answer by itself. Just my two cents.
Please vote.

11-02-2007, 03:05 PM
I am a newer ofc and i was at the meeting last night. i wanted to ask certain questions about the contract but felt intimidated by the supervisors and senior guys in the room.
At one point a LT was basically challenging ofcs to speak up as if he was going to chew them out for whatever they said.
I am going to try and speak with the board members in private but i will not attend another meeting.

11-02-2007, 03:26 PM
I am a newer ofc and i was at the meeting last night. i wanted to ask certain questions about the contract but felt intimidated by the supervisors and senior guys in the room.
At one point a LT was basically challenging ofcs to speak up as if he was going to chew them out for whatever they said.
I am going to try and speak with the board members in private but i will not attend another meeting.

This makes you a sissy. You were intimidated??? Nothing that LT said was "challenging" other than asking people what about the contract was so unfair. He was asking for people to educate him on what the problem was....as usual, noone answered up. You guys had your chance to voice whatever it was that was bothering you but pussed out and remained silent. You cannot continue to cry about how unfair everything is if you're going to continue to pretend people in the room are gonna "get" you. I guess if it was really all that important, you wouldn't be intimidated.

11-02-2007, 04:15 PM
dont throw me into this argument. i asked one question last night and was yelled at and after that i didnt say a word. the conversation i had with the future president was behind closed doors a day or two prior.

he explained the step plan to me because of the misinformation i recieved a month and a half prior to last nights meeting from a board member.

i have also told them all that the money here is fantastic, i had a large increase just walking in the door. as far as our contract goes, i tried to get alot of this contract in my old agencies contract and they laughed us out and me and three other board members left the department.

they always say the grass isnt greener.......but i have absolutely told officers at my old agency that it definately is. i enjoy working here and the contract is what it is.

this is the first time i have posted anything on here because this is not the place to voice any opinions about union matters. so dont assume people are stirring the pot. i could care less what you people do on here.

you want to say something to me go ahead....other members of the board had some questions and they seeked me out to talk about it.... a conversation. not what happened last night at all. i wont be attending another meeting.

11-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I too have gone to fop meetings and been blasted by other officers and supervisors for not being as smart or educated as our future fop president.
i will not attend another meeting as well and i spoke with the pba about our contract. some pba members said this is not a good contract and i will not vote on it.
i am not afraid of impass

11-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I too have gone to fop meetings and been blasted by other officers and supervisors for not being as smart or educated as our future fop president.
i will not attend another meeting as well and i spoke with the pba about our contract. some pba members said this is not a good contract and i will not vote on it.
i am not afraid of impass

That is why the PBA is not for us. The FOP has done a good job for us. How can someone say this is not a good contract? As far as impass is concerned, you should pray we do not go to impass, we will get NO $ and 12 hr shift shoved down our throats. I VOTE YES. Get this behind us and go on.

11-02-2007, 05:55 PM
The pay is awesome but the shifts are terrible so that seems to be the deal breaker for those who are voting no.

11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
The pay is awesome but the shifts are terrible so that seems to be the deal breaker for those who are voting no.

take the money. The shifts are coming no matter what. At least get something out of it. If you where there last night. If you heard our pres. this is a good contract. IF people vote NO based only on the shift, that would be a HUGE mistake. 12hrs are coming, we can not stop that and if you look at the 12hr deal on the table, you lose nothing. Do not let 1 or 2 people with a hidden agenda tell you otherwise. This is GOOD for ALL of us

11-02-2007, 06:36 PM
There was plenty of opportunity last night to voice your concerns. If you were there you should have said something. Coming on here and doing it makes you a puss.

I have to agree. It was annoying to keep hearing the HAIRY SGT repeat the same thing over and over.

11-02-2007, 07:20 PM
[. 12hrs are coming, we can not stop that and if you look at the 12hr deal on the table, you lose nothing. Do not let 1 or 2 people with a hidden agenda tell you otherwise. This is GOOD for ALL of us[/quote]
When you write that you lose nothing, your wrong. W lose 10 hour days. As for a hidden agenda, once again one or two peole are singled out but you fail to say who and why. The pay increase is obviously good for everyone, but the 12s only change the road peoples lives so how does it benefit everyone? Please explain it because I fail to see how 12s benefit those in th DB,Traffic, SRO, etc..
By the way, we are not FD, imapsse is years away from happening.

11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
[. 12hrs are coming, we can not stop that and if you look at the 12hr deal on the table, you lose nothing. Do not let 1 or 2 people with a hidden agenda tell you otherwise. This is GOOD for ALL of us
When you write that you lose nothing, your wrong. W lose 10 hour days. As for a hidden agenda, once again one or two peole are singled out but you fail to say who and why. The pay increase is obviously good for everyone, but the 12s only change the road peoples lives so how does it benefit everyone? Please explain it because I fail to see how 12s benefit those in th DB,Traffic, SRO, etc..
By the way, we are not FD, imapsse is years away from happening.[/quote]

This is police work, you work holidays, rain days etc. You miss your kids B-day. This is not k-mart. As far as DB, the Pres. asked for 12hr shift,Traffic maybe you have a point. SRO this is 5 days a week. We are so lucky this is a public service and not a private business. You would have NO say in anything. Vote YES. overall it is a fair contract. You will never please 100% of the people on all issues. JS,JN,ML,MD, SL did us fair. Sorry to see JS go. But JN will do fine

11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
If JN gets a set maybe he will be fine...... not sure if they even dropped yet...

11-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Sounds to me like we have some people who are on both sides and dont see eye to eye which is good and bad. The right vote is your own,not that of this forum. Those who praise some and rip others are cowards. Decide whats right for you.

11-02-2007, 08:00 PM
JS,JN,ML,MD, SL did us fair. Sorry to see JS go. But JN will do fine[/quote]

There seems to be a common thread amongst those people you refer to above. UHMMMMMMMMM..........whos yer mommyyyyy

11-02-2007, 08:29 PM
We have to remember that there is alot of junior guys making up the vote and therefore we should make sure they are educated as to the direction the contract is going.Even though the contract affects all of us we must remember that out of all the guys that are on the road at least 60% are guys that have been here 5 yrs or less.This will be the deciding factor in the vote.Some guys don't agree with the schedule(not rotating weekends) and some guys aren't happy with the money,based on the adjustment we must make. All I know is that the junior guys will be the majority here so lets educate them

11-02-2007, 08:45 PM
[There seems to be a common thread amongst those people you refer to above. UHMMMMMMMMM..........whos yer mommyyyyy[/quote]

Yeah they have one brain and JS has it,the others follow like sheep bahhhhhhhhhhh bahhhhhhhhh

11-02-2007, 09:38 PM
This is police work, you work holidays, rain days etc. You miss your kids B-day. This is not k-mart.
But JN will do fine[/quote]

Obviously your a PD di%% if you missed your kids b-day. Then again, your probably one of those leo's who are ALWAYS at the PD,instead of home with your family.
Your last statement above is the killer. JN as pres, are you kidding me. When did he get elected? Did every eligible leo in the PD resign/retire . Was he still begging to get promoted when he won? I guess there is a Vanilla Sky!

11-02-2007, 09:49 PM
I am a senior officer but remember when I was new. Forget who said it but whoever called the new officers a "Puss" for not speaking up obviously forgets what it's like to be a rookie. There are going to be questions that not everyone already knows the answer to. I guess some are so perfect they know everything. Props to you. Why were you even at the meeting then??? It was to clear up questions but you made those with questions afraid to ask them. It's unfortunate it has to be that way.

11-02-2007, 09:53 PM
The division that the chief hoped would happen is now taking place amongst the rank and file. If we could meet in a normal setting and speak like co workers things would be fine.

11-03-2007, 01:59 AM

We work 4/3 and you can not get weekends and now we go to 12 and you can not get weekends. What will make you happy? To give up this kind of $$$ offer is crazy. Vote Yes. As you say it only is good for the senior guys. You will be a senior guy one day and will benefit from the $$$ they are getting us. If we vote no, we will get nothing and the 12's wake up people.... VOTE YES

11-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I will educate the person who said PBA is not afraid of impass. I was here the only time we went to impass and yes the PBA was our union. The arbitrator ruled in our favor and since it is not binding the city quickly voted no and imposed a contract of us. In the beginning of negotiations for this contract the City said we are going to a more efficient shift and warned that we do not want to go to impass on this. The city wanted 8's not 12's. What would you rather work ? The funny thing with impass is both sides can declare impass not just us. If the City declared impass we would be screwed trust me. One other thing the PBA was not a good union, the attorney representation was good.

11-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Hey History lesson - please that was then this is now. Stop all this talk about how it was - who cares?? We need to worry about how it is now and in the future..... And the future ain't looking so good right about now... GO PBA

11-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey History lesson - please that was then this is now. Stop all this talk about how it was - who cares?? We need to worry about how it is now and in the future..... And the future ain't looking so good right about now... GO PBA

The PBA never got us $$$$ like this. I MEAN NEVER............................

11-03-2007, 04:44 PM
[ JS,JN,ML,MD, SL did us fair. Sorry to see JS go. But JN will do fine

Gee let me guess who wrote this, your first name either rhymes with roasted bean, snail,memory,snitch, moe or small

11-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Gee let me guess who wrote this, your first name either rhymes with roasted bean, snail,memory,snitch, moe or small

Ok, I understood Gene, Dale, ... Rich,Joe, Paul? But who the heck's name rhymes with Memory?

retsro
11-04-2007, 02:46 PM
[quote="History lesson"]I will educate the person who said PBA is not afraid of impass. I was here the only time we went to impass and yes the PBA was our union. The arbitrator ruled in our favor and since it is not binding the city quickly voted no and imposed a contract of us. In the beginning of negotiations for this contract the City said we are going to a more efficient shift and warned that we do not want to go to impass on this. The city wanted 8's not 12's. What would you rather work ? The funny thing with impass is both sides can declare impass not just us. If the City declared impass we would be screwed trust me. One other thing the PBA was not a good union, the attorney representation was good.

If we are talking about the same year, the Town's chief negotiator was named Joe (I forget last name) who is deceased. I was there when he told us (negotiating team) that the arbitrator was right, but the Town was rejecting it.

11-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Who is memory ??

we need some help with that one ?!!!??

Trivia Buff you out there ????

11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
When jn gets the pres job we will have 3 former pines employees that will do nothing but make this an extension of pp.goodluck

11-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Sorry fellas, you are all gonna have to figure this one out on your own. Last time I encouraged you all to guess, one of the mods got their panties in a wad...... think think.....

12-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Sorry fellas, you are all gonna have to figure this one out on your own. Last time I encouraged you all to guess, one of the mods got their panties in a wad...... think think.....

when are we to get new questions? come on you must have a few good ones that you have yet to ask.

12-01-2007, 05:16 PM

we are waiting

01-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Since the fop stood by while the last 3 were fired, what are they doing for the few leos that are either suspended or on admin leave? Or are they still just at davie for the contract and promotions?

01-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Since the fop stood by while the last 3 were fired, what are they doing for the few leos that are either suspended or on admin leave? Or are they still just at davie for the contract and promotions?

Best UNION we every had...............................................

01-31-2008, 01:04 PM

Best UNION we every had...............................................

Thats an opinion not an answer to a ? that many of us are wondering about, what is being done for those who are in some type of trouble? All i'm asking is are they helping yes or no not the details...

02-02-2008, 02:56 AM
I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL GET AN ANSWER ON THIS FORUM, PROBABLY JUST COMPLAINTS AND EXCUSES

02-02-2008, 01:09 PM

i DONT THINK ANY OF THE FOP BOARD MEMBERS SPEND ANY TIME ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS ON THIS FORUM THATS WHAT THE PIZZA MEETINGS ARE FOR

03-04-2008, 08:56 PM
I hope the board members stand up,clearly identify themselves without fear of retaliation and tell the council what we all feel. I will do the same and hope that you all attend on wednesday.

03-05-2008, 03:31 AM
I hope the board members stand up,clearly identify themselves without fear of retaliation and tell the council what we all feel. I will do the same and hope that you all attend on wednesday.

What WE all feel, you do not speak for ALL of us. For those that go, do it for the right reasons, not the wrong ones........

03-05-2008, 12:44 PM

What WE all feel, you do not speak for ALL of us. For those that go, do it for the right reasons, not the wrong ones........

THINK? YOU DONT FEEL LIKE THEY WERE MISTREATED? WHAT IS THE WRONG REASON?

03-05-2008, 01:08 PM

I will be there, but I guess I better get there real early. Otherwise, no place to park or sit. The only time these meetings get this crowded is when there are issues like this or the debate over opening a Super-Walmart, etc. Arrive early people.

03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT

PLEASE EVERYONE - LETS GO !!!!

03-06-2008, 02:20 AM
I attended and was disappointed in the lack of PBA members. I thought there was going to be a large number of PBA members there to support HEART ATTACK.

To me that says alot about PBA!!!!

03-06-2008, 03:49 AM
I would like to thank the one BSO guy who did show up tonight and speak his mind in the meeting. You are 10-8 in my book. Stay Safe

03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
I would like to thank the one BSO guy who did show up tonight and speak his mind in the meeting. You are 10-8 in my book. Stay Safe

Was he the one from CC?

03-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I would like to thank the guy that came in with the " Town of Davie doesn't have a heart (red heart) when it comes to it's employee's" shirt. He said it best when he told the council to fire Town administrator Shimun without giving him a severance package and force him to sue in order to be compensated.

I would also like to thank the guy that mentioned how the Town could save money by eliminating the "animal torture arena."

Last night was one of the rare occasions where all employees could have stood together to show a unified front on behalf of Lt. Mize and Sgt. Nicoletos. This could easily have been any one of us. Shame on those of you that could have attended but chose not to.

03-06-2008, 03:04 PM
I would like to thank the guy that came in with the " Town of Davie doesn't have a heart (red heart) when it comes to it's employee's" shirt. He said it best when he told the council to fire Town administrator Shimun without giving him a severance package and force him to sue in order to be compensated.

I would also like to thank the guy that mentioned how the Town could save money by eliminating the "animal torture arena."

Last night was one of the rare occasions where all employees could have stood together to show a unified front on behalf of Lt. Mize and Sgt. Nicoletos. This could easily have been any one of us. Shame on those of you that could have attended but chose not to.

I agree......I was there. Good post

03-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I am the person that demanded they fire the Administrator. I have been upset by the way these officers were treated since I first read the story in the newspapers. I have a brother who is a firefighter in another state, and God forbid something like this should happen to him, I would hope someone in his community were upset and not afraid to speak up. I do work with the M.E.'s Office, and know officers from all over, that I consider friends. I would like to do whatever I can to assist in any protests that are organinzed, I would carry a sign, do whatever is needed. I just hope the Town Council listens and gets rid of the little As* Hole Shimun.
Sorry to impose in here, but if I can do anything to help Sgt. Necolletos(spelling?) just let me know. Keith

03-07-2008, 12:20 AM

go build your pool

03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
[quote="Sgt Dude":3i5n51rb]I would like to thank the guy that came in with the " Town of Davie doesn't have a heart (red heart) when it comes to it's employee's" shirt. He said it best when he told the council to fire Town administrator Shimun without giving him a severance package and force him to sue in order to be compensated.

go build your pool[/quote:3i5n51rb]

What is that supposed to mean?

03-07-2008, 01:22 AM
Thank you Keith.. It is awesome to have citizens like you !!!! Now lets think of a way to get rid of Shimun,,....

03-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Get a life. Some of us were tired of all the crap. Both were treated fairly !!!! Thats why the turnout was so low. We have an opinion too !!!

03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
[quote="Sgt Dude":1r04mclo]I would like to thank the guy that came in with the " Town of Davie doesn't have a heart (red heart) when it comes to it's employee's" shirt. He said it best when he told the council to fire Town administrator Shimun without giving him a severance package and force him to sue in order to be compensated.

go build your pool[/quote:1r04mclo]

Although I agree with most of what "Sgt Dude" posted, I can't take credit for the above post. I would like to think that I could come up with a name that wasn't so obvious.

03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
i keep reading that there was a low turnout for the meeting but you have 30 that went to the meeting.20 to 25 that are on probation and are afraid to attend a meeting like this until they are off probation and most of the rest were working the road or details so 30 isnt that bad a turnout. ps the rest are in details and wont attend because they dont want to lose thier gigs.

lets all hope sgt n gets the disabilty he deserves!

03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
You my friend are on crack ! If people really cared there would have been hundreds. I think people are starting to get the message that these guys were taken care of !!! I spoke to Mize and he is satisfied with the way workmans comp has treated him. He also says the union did a great job. What was the city going to do.. Let them stay at home for the rest of their lives. The doctors are the final say in this type of case, not the town administrator. I bet the guys wanting to get promoted would also agree... If you can"t do the job your paid to do you should be fired!!!

03-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Can anyone say what Lt. Mize was given?

03-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Can anyone say what Lt. Mize was given?

Why don't you call him and ask him yourself instead of posting this on a public message board?

03-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Now your getting smart !!! Call him. He said workmans comp has paid all his bills and is even going to all his doctors appointments. They have done everything asked. He said he was also sent to different doctors and did not fight them and they have treated him great. He said his only problem was with the previous HR people. Not with the Town or the Police Dept. He said both treated him great !!!

03-08-2008, 12:29 AM
So I guess what is being said is that Sgt. N.. is not sick at all. In fact the reason that the Town has not paid is because in fact he did not suffer a heart attack.

Maybe he has made this whole thing up so that he can focus on what is most important to him, his limo business. Sounds like he is just trying to supplement his income at the expense of the rest of us.

Remember, if they do settle with him and he is to get his pension, that is our money. Let him take his contributions and run.

Enough is enough.

Say goodbye and move on.

03-08-2008, 12:31 AM
So I guess what is being said is that Sgt. N.. is not sick at all. In fact the reason that the Town has not paid is because in fact he did not suffer a heart attack.

Maybe he has made this whole thing up so that he can focus on what is most important to him, his limo business. Sounds like he is just trying to supplement his income at the expense of the rest of us.

Remember, if they do settle with him and he is to get his pension, that is our money. Let him take his contributions and run.

Enough is enough.

Say goodbye and move on.

Ok, goodbye

03-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Curious in Davie said he did not have a heart attack.... I guess those stents in his heart aren't real either.....

Yup - he made it all up.....

Go die you stupid asshole...

03-08-2008, 04:22 PM
STENTS ARE FOR BLOCKAGE OF ARTERIES.......... NOT HEART ATTACKS
IF YOU DONT GET THE BLOCKAGE FIXED.... THEN... YOU COULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK. We can continue to talk anytime you wish, but please educate yourself on what stents are for.
SOOOO , did these guys have heart attacks. Thats the big question.

03-09-2008, 01:18 AM
STENTS ARE FOR BLOCKAGE OF ARTERIES.......... NOT HEART ATTACKS
IF YOU DONT GET THE BLOCKAGE FIXED.... THEN... YOU COULD HAVE A HEART ATTACK. We can continue to talk anytime you wish, but please educate yourself on what stents are for.
SOOOO , did these guys have heart attacks. Thats the big question.

Yeah, educate yourself! The following is the definition of a heart attack as printed on www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)
Do your own research before you make such a stupid post

heart attack
–noun Pathology. damage to an area of heart muscle that is deprived of oxygen, usually due to blockage of a diseased coronary artery, typically accompanied by chest pain radiating down one or both arms, the severity of the attack varying with the extent and location of the damage; myocardial infarction.

03-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Well i'm glad you finally answered your own response. A stent is for the artery. It does not mean a heart attack !! If you dont get the blockage cleared you will have a heart attack. I am really enjoying talking to you.

03-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Well i'm glad you finally answered your own response. A stent is for the artery. It does not mean a heart attack !! If you dont get the blockage cleared you will have a heart attack. I am really enjoying talking to you.

I don't think he gets it

03-09-2008, 04:04 PM

No, he's obviously very very stupid. Let's not speak to him.

03-09-2008, 04:07 PM

No, he's obviously very very stupid. Let's not speak to him.

Ok, we will just talk amongst ourselves

03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
You guys amaze me at how uninformed you are... Yes, a stent is placed inside of a blocked artery to keep it open, AND this artery is inside of the heart..... You complain of the symptoms, are taken to the ER, they perform basic blood tests to check for "cardiac enzymes", WHICH ARE INDICATIVE THAT YOU HAVE HAD A HEART ATTACK !!!!!!.. Then they perform a cardiac catheter to check the inside of the heart for blockages & damage. If there is a blockage, they perform angioplasty and place stents. If the blockage is too severe or it involves too many arteries, they will perform bypass...

Any other questions... consult a cardiologist, not another idiot on this forum......

03-10-2008, 02:59 AM
We still are not talking to you... You need to understand that a stent placed does not mean you had a heart attack !!! You can have stents placed in your arteries and never have a heart attack.. Please leave us alone and finish medical school.

03-10-2008, 03:28 AM
He got his medical degree online

03-10-2008, 03:49 AM
Ask the doctor if having a stent is catastrophic. If not why cant they work

03-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Some of you may familiar with the work I have done on behalf our our community for over 22 years. I was the resident who received the unsolicited email from Gary Shimun where he stated "facts according to Administration".

He began his email to me:

"You would be a far more more effective advocate if you actually took the time to learn the facts before you opened your mouth".

As many of you know, I ALWAYS do my homework before I address any issue.

What is most disturbing is not only that Mr.Shimun's "facts" wrong, but also that he represents our Town, and wrote to a property owner who has done their civic duty far longer than he has been in any management position. And, that as the employee who holds the highest position in our community which our tax dollars pay for, he addressed a member of the public in one of the most unprofessional, disrespectful ways possible.

Some of you may know me through the many years I have been trying to mitigate the ongoing problems with the Seminole Tribe of FL, their non-native activities including the horrendous noise as well as the increased serious crime resulting from the non-native activities occurring on their property and spilling out into our community. I am sure you are all aware of what they are.

As a community, it is all our civic duty to stand by one another because "A community is built from the bottom up and not the top down".

While we may not always share the same opinions, we have a duty to respect each other and to show the utmost integrity, care, compassion and understanding even in the most difficult situations.

This is the foundation of community and civic duty. I do hope each of us
are compelled to find a common ground to make and keep our residents, employees and business owners whole, so we can continue to face whatever may come our way united as a team and a caring community.

It's my hope I have made a small contribution toward that end.

quote="keith L"]I am the person that demanded they fire the Administrator. I have been upset by the way these officers were treated since I first read the story in the newspapers. I have a brother who is a firefighter in another state, and God forbid something like this should happen to him, I would hope someone in his community were upset and not afraid to speak up. I do work with the M.E.'s Office, and know officers from all over, that I consider friends. I would like to do whatever I can to assist in any protests that are organinzed, I would carry a sign, do whatever is needed. I just hope the Town Council listens and gets rid of the little As* Hole Shimun.
Sorry to impose in here, but if I can do anything to help Sgt. Necolletos(spelling?) just let me know. Keith[/quote]

03-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Thank you for the support, Ms. Zoritzky. I think that you should retype the entire correspondence on here for us to see. Not that I mind you coming onto a website that was designed for cops about cops, but most of the people on her just want to swap information about Chance Ransom and Chance Ransom related events. Do you have any correspondence from CR that you can post? That would be awesome. Welcome to the fray.

03-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Thank you Mrs Nowicki for your support in this ...

03-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Some of you may familiar with the work I have done on behalf our our community for over 22 years. I was the resident who received the unsolicited email from Gary Shimun where he stated "facts according to Administration".

He began his email to me:

"You would be a far more more effective advocate if you actually took the time to learn the facts before you opened your mouth".

As many of you know, I ALWAYS do my homework before I address any issue.

What is most disturbing is not only that Mr.Shimun's "facts" wrong, but also that he represents our Town, and wrote to a property owner who has done their civic duty far longer than he has been in any management position. And, that as the employee who holds the highest position in our community which our tax dollars pay for, he addressed a member of the public in one of the most unprofessional, disrespectful ways possible.

Some of you may know me through the many years I have been trying to mitigate the ongoing problems with the Seminole Tribe of FL, their non-native activities including the horrendous noise as well as the increased serious crime resulting from the non-native activities occurring on their property and spilling out into our community. I am sure you are all aware of what they are.

As a community, it is all our civic duty to stand by one another because "A community is built from the bottom up and not the top down".

While we may not always share the same opinions, we have a duty to respect each other and to show the utmost integrity, care, compassion and understanding even in the most difficult situations.

This is the foundation of community and civic duty. I do hope each of us
are compelled to find a common ground to make and keep our residents, employees and business owners whole, so we can continue to face whatever may come our way united as a team and a caring community.

It's my hope I have made a small contribution toward that end.

quote="keith L"]I am the person that demanded they fire the Administrator. I have been upset by the way these officers were treated since I first read the story in the newspapers. I have a brother who is a firefighter in another state, and God forbid something like this should happen to him, I would hope someone in his community were upset and not afraid to speak up. I do work with the M.E.'s Office, and know officers from all over, that I consider friends. I would like to do whatever I can to assist in any protests that are organinzed, I would carry a sign, do whatever is needed. I just hope the Town Council listens and gets rid of the little As* Hole Shimun.
Sorry to impose in here, but if I can do anything to help Sgt. Necolletos(spelling?) just let me know. Keith[/quote]

There is a fine line between being a concerned citizen & becoming a Mrs. Gladys Kravitz type