PDA

View Full Version : Latest Negotiation on Monday Oct 29, 07

10-31-2007, 02:09 PM
The proposal laid out by administrators would bump up the salaries of officers beginning in 2009, staggering the pay increases based on the number of years officers have served.

Officers with less than two years' experience would get an annual raise of 1.5 percent of their current salary, those more than 2 years' experience would get 2 percent more, those with 5-10 years on the force would get an extra 2.5 percent and those with more than 10 years experience would get an additional 3 percent salary raise.

Am I reading this right? No pay increase until 2009?

10-31-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes that right !!!! I also hear that USF nor PBA are concerned with retro pay for this contract. So the longer this drags on the better for USF.

This is ridiculous.....retro pay is a must....IT IS ONLY FAIR. Klingibiel needs to fight for this as well, why would we not want to be paid for the entire year....bullcrap

11-01-2007, 02:29 AM
The proposal laid out by administrators would bump up the salaries of officers beginning in 2009, staggering the pay increases based on the number of years officers have served.

Officers with less than two years' experience would get an annual raise of 1.5 percent of their current salary, those more than 2 years' experience would get 2 percent more, those with 5-10 years on the force would get an extra 2.5 percent and those with more than 10 years experience would get an additional 3 percent salary raise.

Am I reading this right? No pay increase until 2009?

THATS RIGHT AND ITS FOR 2009 ONLY. THEN ITS BACK TO ROOM 2070 AND STARE AT SANDY AND HER HEAD TILT AND LOOK OF CONCERN.

ITS A JOKE

11-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I agree retro pay is a must. You cant tell me that an HR department for a "Research 1" school cant figure out retro for approx 15 officers. The % bumps are nothing considering that our precious parking passes will go up in price again next year so it will just go right back to the University.

Folks we need to stick together and remain focused. We have alot of eyes on this situation and we need to make sure that it doesnt die down. If salaries are a top priority for this University then eventually they will have to offer something closer to a real contract because you all know that once this is signed we won't see @#$$ for a long time or until there is a regime change.

11-02-2007, 07:37 PM
NO RAISE TILL 2009. PARKING PERMITS WILL DOUBLE IN PRICE IN VERY NEAR FUTURE. FOOD, GAS, EVERYTHING WILL GO UP BUT WE WILL ONLY GET A BASE LINE INCREASE IN 2009. SURE THROW THOSE BOUNUSES AT US, THEY DO NOTHING FOR ME WHEN I WANT TO RETIRE. BOUNUSES WON'T PAY THE BILLS IN MY LATER YEARS

MY PROPERTY TAXES WENT UP $75 BUCKS. WHERES THE BIG TAX CUT THATS ALLEDGEDLY PREVENTING WE LOWLY SERVANTS OUR RAISE???

2 SECURITY GUARDS WILL BE OUT THERE FINDING THE 3 OR 4 COPS MORE WORK, CHANGING IN OUR LOCKER ROOM, CALLING OUR SUPERVISORS FOR ASSISTANCE, WE'LL BE GOING OUT OF SERVICE TO GAS SECURITY GOLF CARTS.

BUT HEY , YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PAYING FOR PARKING IN THE TPD, TTPD AND HCSO LOTS.

JUST WAITING FOR THE COACH TO CALL THE USFPD BULLPEN FOR ANOTHER ONE OF US TO TAKE THEIR FIELD.

11-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Is USF working on a just a new starting salary or is your new contract going to have a step plan as well?
Outsider who is looking to apply

11-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Starting salary is going to be 38k, but its a far cry from the surrounding agencies pay and benefits. That will be your pay until at least 2010 when the contract expires.

But the way things are around here, a 3 year contract gets dragged out for 6 more months ( like whats happening now) and then USF will try to shove another 3 yr contract down our thoats.

So basically since a EDUCATIONAL FACILITY can't figure out retro money for one the smallest Departments on campus, USF gets a free ride on us for 6 months with no back pay, just for playing DUMB (Which they do very well).

Maybe Menigall has a C.P.A. friend she can hire for $80,000, to figure it out