PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER REPORTS

10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm sure you guys write police reports on your computers. I was wondering if you had to attach any handwritten papers to your reports. Such as a cover sheet, an officer affidavit and a signature where the victim would want to prosecute or not. Or, do you just write your reports, send them in and that's the end of it?

I'm only asking because my department has us waste 3 sheets of paper for everY " paperless " report.

10-31-2007, 01:51 AM
It depends on the type of incident, but I'm willing to bet that we have to waste more paper than you guys do.

10-31-2007, 05:32 AM
WE do the same stupid thing. Pretty much clear about an acre or two of the rainforest ourselves with all the stupidity.

10-31-2007, 11:51 AM
Whats amazing is the computers were suppose to save paperwork? It just keeps the IT guys in a job, and the companies who make the program ... have expensive upgrades every 3-4 years..it is a self serving machine. We need to rethink the way we do reports all over S. Florida

10-31-2007, 01:55 PM
We have more paperwork now that we are paperless.

10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
i feel sorry for our quartermaster who has to order all that t.p. for all the izasswipes on the 4th floor.

10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
Will someone explain to me why we have to fill out a property report for the original written witness statements. I understand that the original is necessary for court, but we also need the original case filing affidavits. Where do those go? Why not keep the statement forms together with the case filing affidavits? I hate filling out a stupid property report for a piece of paper!

Now that I think about it, maybe this suggestion will only make it so that we have to fill out property reports for case filing affidavits!

11-01-2007, 10:22 AM
No making that sort of decision requires the formation of a committee.

11-03-2007, 11:27 PM
The answer is simple. We went to a supposed paperless records system, so records scans the forms and then throws them in the garbage. So we have to do a property report even if it doesnt involve actual property, i.e. a s/65.

Wasnt that a great way to streamline and make things easier. No they created more work.

Do things ever really change, "no".