PDA

View Full Version : CN, STOP! and do the right thing.......

10-29-2007, 08:24 PM
Hello all, I just want to make a simple observation: Has anyone noticed that CN has allowed a snitch and a spy to remain 20 feet from his office. Anyone that does not know that a certain TV personality is only up there to sabotage CN's progress is a fool. He is a little rat who will stop at nothing to get his godfather in charge of the ship. Politics are a nasty thing and if anyone doesn't see that they are blind. CN, I encourage you to make the buck stop right now. Remember the MBPD are all supporting you, oh wait a second, let me think that through. The manpower sworn is what? I think it's 378. OK that being said, 2 people that don't believe in you, and we know who they are, leaves us with: 2 is what percent of 378. 2 = x 378 So, the equation to solve then is: 378 x=2
Solving for x, we get x=2 /378
or x, we get x=0.005291
To make 0.005291 into a percent, we multiply it by 100, to get 0.529101%.
This means 2 is 0.529101% of 378 .
which leaves us with 100% minus .529% equals 99.47%. OK, lets continue, CN, know that 99.47% is behind you and if you cut the disease off at the head you should have no problems. We know you have tough decisions to make, but this is about your survival. They will set you up for failure.

Sincerely,

A retired friend....

10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Manpower is at the brink of being in a crisis state. Look at all the senior veterans who "COULD" have stayed a few more years or hung out in the DROP longer, but choose to EXIT ASAP. Leta wake up soon and find the solution.

We know hiring is a long and slow process, even if we hired 50 tomorrow it would be almost a year before they could help our.

What if we re-hired some of the recent retired officers just for a year or two, they could get us past this crisis period and they could step in and take calls tomorrow. I say we make them a sweetheart deal, swollow our pride and get some help ASAP.

10-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Before you say no, I think its a great idea. The bottom line is
"OFFICER SAFETY " and to go home alive.

At least we know what we are getting with a retired officer vs a new hire that we don't know if we can trust to do the right thing.

10-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Yeah, thats exactly what we need. Lets keep everyone here longer and longer or just rehire every retiree in perpetuity. Take a look around you. Retirees are all over the place. Just look at the school crossing guards, IT coordinator, backgrounds, executive assistant to the chief, etc...

I love the retirees as much as everyone else, but they are RETIRED. That word means something. There are reasons that they RETIRED in the first place, either financial or otherwise. We have got to break this cycle of rehashing people over and over after they retire. If they want to work, then they shouldn't retire, go into the drop, or leave the drop early, period.

10-29-2007, 11:23 PM
PLEASE dont call.

10-30-2007, 02:26 AM
The key here is temporary help and officer safety until more officers can be hired.

San Diego did this several years ago and it was successful in getting them over a hiring shortage.

10-30-2007, 03:53 AM
You have got to be kidding me?!!!! Re-Hire some of the cops that just left? So...how are you going to pick and discriminate from the others? Do you want Sunday back? Turner? Use your fkn head will you! Some of those morons that left here are the reason we are in the current state of affairs.

Let's look forward to the future, and not rely on the past.

10-30-2007, 07:03 PM
What is wrong with you people? Didn't you read the initial post. This thread is about the snake and his tail. They are setting up the chief for failure.

10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
What is wrong with you people? Didn't you read the initial post. This thread is about the snake and his tail. They are setting up the chief for failure.

10-30-2007, 09:05 PM

Yes we did. And guess what? We don't give a s_ _ _!

All these retirees do is tell you how much time they have until they get out of this "hell hole" and then you can't get them to leave.

10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
We don't need to re-hire retirees. It would be cheaper and more expedient to add overtime spots to each shift. We have more than enough people to fill the overtime slots.

11-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Anyone notice that this great idea never came up before. BJ has a plan for him and his Buddies. Remember you read it here first.

Let me see retire at 50. Get your DROP and 1% and then come back and work as a Temp.

America! What a Country!

11-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Anyone notice that this great idea never came up before. BJ has a plan for him and his Buddies. Remember you read it here first.

You can't seriously be that blind. Aside from the fact that you are now blaming everything including September 11 on BJ, lets take a look at the facts here. BJ does not hire or fire anyone. DD and the city mgr. hired the retired TM to be his "executive assistant" and then Quality of life coordinator. BJ opposed that from the start. DD and the city mgr. hired ex-cops and Lt's to be the school crossing guard liaisons. DD hired ex-Cops to work in backgrounds. DD and the city mgr. hired a retired Asst. Chief to work in IT. If you want to accuse somebody of doing something wrong, at least have the intelectual honesty to blame the right person. Your blanket accusations and rhetoric are growing tired Mrs. Anonymous.

11-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Like the saying goes, " it is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys."

In 2002 the Fire Department lobbied for a minimum staffing for their ladder trucks. The City Manager voiced his concern reference the extra cost to do this. Fire, taking advantage of the post 9/11 love for Fire and Police (this is called strategy BJ), showed up in full force to a Commission meeting and pled their case. Guess what? The Commission directed Mr. G to not do it.

Later that year, and in and attempt to lower the budget for Fire, Mr. G. attempted to Civilianize the Fire Prevention Unit. Once again, led by a true Union President Jack Richardson, Fire showed up at a Commission meeting and the Commissioners had Mr. G. scrap that idea and not Civilianize the Unit. The Moral of the story is to show you how a REAL Union President can get things done.

The first of many steps to Civilianize the Department began with the SRO's. Months prior, the Administration let it be known that they were planning this. (this is called a trial balloon) to see what resistance there would be. Other than BJ not agreeing with it (at least that what he said in Public) the SRO squad was disbanded and the trend continued.

Have you ever seen BJ at a Commission meeting fighting for any issue?

I hope this clarified the issue for you. It's really not that difficult to understand. And as far as the blaming BJ for 9/11. Is that when it will be ok to request accountability from our Union President?

11-02-2007, 03:14 PM
You can't have it both ways. You complain about him being around the command staff and the city administrators and now you complain that he is NOT around them enough. I'd like to know how many commission meetings you have attended and seen whether he was there or not. Also, how many FOP meetings have you been to and brought this up. I go to nearly every meeting and we are updated as to all on-going negotiations every time.

11-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Geeee...what Sgt would complain about a completely useless SRO unit being disbanded....hmmm...I just can't put my finger on it. The SRO unit was a joke and a waste of manpower (although quite frankly the cops that were SROs are still useless). Quit trying to stir crap! You can't blame BJ for all your short comings...sorry you had to work the road again. :P

11-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Geeee...what Sgt would complain about a completely useless SRO unit being disbanded....hmmm...I just can't put my finger on it. The SRO unit was a joke and a waste of manpower (although quite frankly the cops that were SROs are still useless). Quit trying to stir crap! You can't blame BJ for all your short comings...sorry you had to work the road again. :P

Good thing they did not have the F-CAT when you went to school. The reading Comprehension would have done you in.

There are a lot of other Units with useless employees. So should we civilianize them too?

11-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Hate to say it but YOU caused the civilianization of the SRO's. A few years back everyone was complaining about manpower and the chief decided to pull the SRO's to give us more bodies on the road. So be careful what you wish for. The reason we are hiring more civilians is because everyone continues to complain about manpower shortages. Well some day you may want a closet job that will no longer exist for a cop because of what we are complaining about today. Everyone should start to think things through instead of just blurting out the first thing that comes to their mind.

11-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Fire has been asking for more bodies also and they have not Civilianized at all. Looks like the one that is not thinking things out is you my friend. Funny how BJ's Disciples are doing their best to cover for the years of one way leadership.

When you have time, check Auto Thefts stats and see if they need to be Civilized also. Just ask them how many 22 arrests they made last year. Make sure you are sitting down when you hear what it was.

Later.

11-05-2007, 04:10 PM
What are you talking about? Do you think that Auto theft is being civilianized? Wow. You sound like a candidate for mandatory drug testing. Yeah, lets have them make citizens arrests everytime they close a case.