PDA

View Full Version : CANDIDATE FOR SHERIFF

10-29-2007, 09:40 AM
I hear things are not that great in Escambia and you guys might need help. If it's true let me know as I am in a position to back a solid candidate who has 25+ years law enforcement with extensive command experience.

This man has integrity and a flawless record with no skeletons in his closet. You will find no better man my brothers and sisters.

I am an outsider, he is not so you will embrace him as your own. He has a home in your county and a rich community history. This would not be a take over transition but rather a home coming. The good thing is he is removed from your politics and will rebuild your agency into one without racial divide in your community or internal seperation. You the deputies would be his first and most important priority.

He has spoken with me on this and is upset at your pay scale and he feels that you deserve more than what you are getting. He is concerned that things are not fair and may be under handed.

Rome was not built in a day, but leadership excellence will provide for a stronger future. I need to get him going soon, but want input from you the line deputy as to what you want.

If he can not be the deputies candidate he won't file.

This is going to need to happen within the next 90 days to be viable with campaign funding. I will be in Escambia late this week on a scouting mission. Please pass the word that I will be making contact with deputies I see to get your opinions. I am Law Enforcement and will show my credentials upon introduction. I will not speak politics while your on duty because I know that is against the rules. My intention is to show you this is real and you have a chance to change things for the better.

Please pass the word to the guys and girls in uniform so they don't feel uncomfortable.

10-30-2007, 12:52 AM
We need to know a little more than this. Care to elaborate? Sounds good so far though

10-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Plan is to be in Escambia Friday night through Sunday. Sorry to be vague but issues on both sides force this. To be sincere with you I am concerned for our security as well as yours.

Everything I have posted is documented fact and I feel the media will back my candidate. His integrity and experience are outstanding.

Please just be patient and give me a little time. I am not local so if you can suggest a few popular places where you guys eat or meet I will try to stop in.

10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Plan is to be in Escambia Friday night through Sunday. Sorry to be vague but issues on both sides force this. To be sincere with you I am concerned for our security as well as yours.

Sigh...another conspiracy kook?

10-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry to be vague but issues on both sides force this. To be sincere with you I am concerned for our security as well as yours.
Sigh...another conspiracy kook?

10-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Will you be traveling by black helicopters?...Or simply beamed in by a Starship?

10-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Well I see that it did not take long for some of you to become critics.

Again I can understand your doubt and humor but the fact is I am serious. I just don't trust some of the power players in Escambia and have a S.O.D. background so "kook" may fit me a bit.

I wanted to let you know that T.S. NOEL may set my plans back a week. I wanted you folks to know that I am sincere and not a local playing games. I look forward to meeting many of you in the near future. Please let the uniform folks know about my visit because they will be the agency members I can meet first. Again I will respect their privacy and not put them at risk with any internal affairs type problems. I will just identify myself and give a short introduction on a "FRIEND of MINE" who is an unannounced strong and credible candidate for Sheriff.

Keep Safe

10-31-2007, 08:17 AM
This race is getting scarier by the minute.

As much as I hate saying it, RMc is starting to look less scary than this BS.

10-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I had heard there was a guy who had come up to Mike while he was on patrol 2 or 3 weeks ago. He had cop ID and said he was thinking about running against McNot.me.again so my best is it's real.

I'll back him if what I heard was correct. The guy was an asst. chief or something with a really large agency. Said he was pro union also.

10-31-2007, 05:10 PM
This "super wonderful excellent saviour candidate" situation for whom who Buster is scouting will be remembered as the greatest joke Rex ever played.

It's a con, you dolts. :roll:

10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Holy Cow!....Secret Identity....Don't think it's the storm that will cause a delay..may be that release from your institution

10-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Did he have a de-coder ring on?

11-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh My God...... I heard rumor that James O'Hara was thinking of doing this..is this who you are talking about Buster?????? He does not have as much education as we would like, but I heard he does tell it like it is.

11-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope all this fuss isn't about Willis...

11-02-2007, 07:21 PM
I hope all this fuss isn't about Willis...

All the previously defeated candidates should enter the race. We would enjoy the returns of Johnson, Jones, Powell, Lowman, Davis, Roberts, Hudson, Seely and Nesmith.

Nevermind that last name because they're supporting Myrtle Grove's Scapecchi.

See yall at the Elk's Lodge.

11-02-2007, 11:43 PM
If we knew his name, we might be able to tell you nah or yea from here. Might save you a trip up here.

11-03-2007, 01:42 AM
As bad as some of them were, any one of them would be an improvement over what we have now!

11-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Instead of being concerned about who is going to be the next Sheriff, we better start worrying about what jobs are going to be cut with the tax revolt vote that is about to happen. When John Q Public votes to cut taxes, like he surely will, the predictions are Escambia County will lose close to 12 million in property tax revenue.

If any one thinks that the County Commissioners will make cuts every where else and spare the Sheriff’s Office they’re living in a dream world. Since the Sheriff’s Office is the largest budgeted department in the county, it don’t take no Einstein to figure we’ll be hit the hardest and salaries make up the largest part of our budget.

Morgan has already declared that the cuts he’d make if he’s Sheriff will be the appointed administrative personnel that McNesby has hired the last 8 years. As the election gets underway, the others will probably echo that posture.

That leaves McNesby. If he cuts out all the appointed personnel he’s brought aboard before the election, it might save him, but don’t look for him to do that. He’s indebted to much to most of them but the cuts will have to come from somewhere and the likes of the Stephens and such won’t even suggest that they’re positions or salaries be cut.

Rookie deputies and junior clerical personnel will be the first to go unless the commissioner absorbs the entire 12 million dollar cut and that “aint” likely.

11-03-2007, 02:56 AM
They say up to 300 Sheriff's Office employees will lose their jobs. Maybe less if the Sheriff fires most of his high paid admin staff (which isn't likely). Most will be deputies and office staff. We need more deputies on the street as it is to handle all of the crimes (mostly violent crimes) that seem to be plaguing this area.

11-03-2007, 03:38 AM
You're correct that deep budgets cuts are coming and the sheriff has a contingency plan.

The marine unit is about to be mothballed/disbanded and the Air Farce will follow in the Spring.

There will be no layoffs of deputies and non-essential clerical layoffs won't be done until the last minute if at all. It's an election year, remember?

Sometime between January and March every spare deputy will be reassigned to Patrol in an attempt to curb street violence and drugs. This will result in a reduction of positions receiving Assignment pay which, in turn, also saves money. Availability of marked cruisers may delay the plan a bit.
Hint...Warrant's cars only need decals and a light bar. Louie can have everything done in a couple of days.

There are spare deputies, you ask?
Yes ma'am there are in the specialized units. Some were created for political or sometimes just egocentric reasons. This has been recognized and admittedly a few luxuries must go.

And promotions are...eh...well....on HOLD.
10-9?
I said "ON HOLD"

This means you can now stop sucking up and trying to leverage your kid's college funds for that cushy desk job or stripes/bars.

The ESO will be better once the realignment is made and the dust settles. Some new faces in the Admin building would help as well.

11-03-2007, 06:53 AM
I agree McNesby is going to have to find a way to cut the budget by several million dollars and as the previous post wrote since most of the budget is salaries that’s where most of the cuts will have to be made.

If he was smart, and I not saying he is, instead of cutting the positions of all the less senior officers and clerical, he should eliminate the positions of the most senior personnel, especially those who are already retired and in the drop program. Those who are retired and who are still drawing a pay check or who are eligible to retire would not suffer near the economic hard ship as those who can not draw a retirement check

He could also find significant saving by reducing he salary of all those he’s hired in at inflated salaries and if they don’t want to work for the new salary tell them to take a hike. Most of them are not needed anyway.

By eliminating those high end salaried personnel such as Smith, Nix, Enquist, Stephens and many more drawing the 80-100,000 salaries would add up to a big cut much faster than laying off a bunch of $20- $30,000 employees.

If McNesby doesn’t make the right cuts to save the most jobs, I’ll be voting for someone else.

11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

That's what all the Counties are saying about the property tax vote and for big bloated County monstrosities the sky probably will fall.
The ECSO will feel it particularly because it is verrrry bloated.

Mcnesby will never get rid of his overpaid staff so give it a rest. If that's what you're deciding your vote on, just plan to vote for someone else. He will not lay off deputies either because he isn't career suicidal.

He will most likely begin with cuts to operating expenses. A little here, a little there and so forth. Areas with the largest budgets or burdens to the general fund will be eliminated first. The CFO provided a list to Mcnesby several months ago. Sources say he didn't want to implement these but Steve explained the urgency and he finally agreed but on his schedule.

The green ink will flow in 2008. :wink:

11-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know of the suggested total 12 million shoftfall for the whole county, how much of that cut will possibly be made to the sheriffs department budget?

11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Probably about 1/2.

11-04-2007, 10:48 AM
In order to trim 6 million from the budget it will require some hard decisions by McNesby. There are some of the operating costs that will be difficult if not impossible to cut unless the whole operation is shut town. For example, you can’t operate patrol cars without gasoline and as we all know gas prices are high and continue to rise

The sheriff is required by federal and state laws to feed, clothe and medicate the inmates leaving the cost as one of the untouchables. Trips taken out of town for junkets under the guise of training by the elite of the office can be eliminated at a saving of many thousands of dollars but that would still be a drop in the bucket of the 6 million deficits. Routine supplies such as flashlights, writing material, computer supplies such as ink, paper and replacement parts are essential if the records of the office are to be maintained.

The short of all this is only a small part of 6 million can be found but cutting operating materials which leaves only various programs themselves and as previously mentioned, personnel. The question on everyone’s mind is which programs and which personnel.

As previously mentioned it has been whispered that the marine patrol is on the chopping block and the air unit is scheduled to also be grounded. The air unit is rumored to cost a million or more a year including salaries which will put a big dent in the 6 million but not enough.

The School resource program is also little more than a baby sitting function provided to the school system. Eliminating that program would provide for several hundred thousands in saving.

Since most of the cars are fairly new, most don’t need a lot of frequent maintenance and the garage is staffed by twice as many greasers as is found in garages in the private sector that maintain a equal number of new automobiles, half of those positions could be eliminated.

The warrants section could be eliminated and that function absorbed by patrol by using the same officers now assigned to warrants. The difference would be when there are no critical warrants to serve; those officers would be available for routine call service.

After all this and more is accomplished, there would still be a need to cut high cost positions and there lies the rub and the question. Will McNesby bite the bullet and make the tough decision to make those personnel cuts that will be close to home for him? Time will tell.

MOD 353
11-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Reference the now deleted secret squirrel post, keep your secret squirrel crap out of the threads. Keep them on topic or don't post.

11-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm guessing if you ban the above poster all the pro Morgan bs will dissappear.

11-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Hey Buster, "cloak and dagger" BS ain't gunna work with the deputies, we've had enough of that over the years. If you are who you say you are and the integrity you boast about is there, then you need to cut the BS and let us know who your so called possible candidate is and not keep us in the dark! I speak for many when I say "we've had enough" you want our support then let us decide if he is worthy or not because I tell you, if you come around me "snoop n around" to get a so called feel for your mystery man, I'm going to tell kiss my #*%! because I for one would think that you are just another #*% kisser waiting to run back upstairs and tell the adman my opinion and add me to the list of "soon to be gone ones!" So Buster (if that's really your name), change your game plan or don't bother us, we are all tired of it!

MOD 353
11-06-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm sorry...........REX! 8)

11-08-2007, 01:25 AM
We both came to Escambia on Friday and met with several business leaders. I met up with a K9 Unit at a church and spoke with two patrol units.

I think we are gonna pass and let McNesby and friends fight it out. Too bad for you guys it would have really brought you ahead of where you are at now... BUSTER

Dr Pepper
11-08-2007, 02:38 AM
We both came to Escambia on Friday and met with several business leaders. I met up with a K9 Unit at a church and spoke with two patrol units.

I think we are gonna pass and let McNesby and friends fight it out. Too bad for you guys it would have really brought you ahead of where you are at now... BUSTER

yadda, yadda, yadda........
All talk and no action. What a waste of bandwith......

11-08-2007, 03:00 AM
O.K. Miami Girl... :roll:

11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
See "Busterrrrrr" (if that's who you say you are) we are not as stupid as you think!!! Nice try "nuggets!" see you at the polls!!!!!!

11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Kunert, you and Powell can stay right where you are. Things here are fine without you two. The conspiracy flavor is all so interesting for those who haven't heard your retoric before.

11-23-2007, 11:15 AM
Dubious notoriety

Escambia County has now attained dubious notoriety as far away as Minot, N.D.

I had to learn from a friend there that Sheriff Ron McNesby had pled no contest, on Oct. 24, to criminal misdemeanor charges stemming from an incident in February 2004 involving unlicensed hunting, possession of game and placing bait. The excuse that "I thought the company had licenses" doesn't hold up. Even most non-hunters are aware that baiting a field is illegal.

One wonders why two weeks elapsed before mention was made of the court proceedings. Was it not worthy of coverage? Given the deaths at the jail, lawsuits and staph outbreaks, what's next?

Wouldn't it be nice to have a sheriff who respects the laws he is sworn to uphold and enforce?
— Barbara Stables
Pensacola

11-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Sheriffs are sworn to, but really enforce very little, the laws of Florida. Instead they spend 10% of the time making decisions based on others recommendations. The other 90% is kissing babies and shaking hands. Their political careers are more important than the people whose paycheck they sign or the bvoters that put them in office in the first place. Ronnie Mac and Wendell are NO exception.

11-25-2007, 02:09 PM
In the spirit of Thanksgiving there are several things Santa Rosa County
should be very thankful for. Here is an opportune time to let those things
be known.

We should be thankful that the Santa Rosa County Government is not plagued
with as many problems as our neighbors to the west.
It is not to say there aren't some issues plaguing our county leaders, but
we are not beset with the strife of administrators, unreported conflicts of
interest, land issues, and the list seems to grow and grow.

As a county we should be thankful that we don't have to contend with the
same problems, or at least there aren't any we have to worry about just yet.

We should be thankful that we have law enforcement who follow the law and
that Santa Rosa County does not have a feeling of the wild west.

County law enforcement in Santa Rosa County will do everything in their
power to keep from having to use a weapon, while at one point the news was
filled with people getting tazed by law enforcement outside of the area.

Have county officials had to use a taser, yes.

But, they have been found justified following an investigation into the
matter.

Yes, there are complaints against deputies and police, but those complaining
are usually in the wrong and it is their way of diverting the attention they
are getting onto the official doing their job.

We should also be thankful that Sheriff Wendell Hall doesn't go out of state
and make the news.

A common saying among some is that ignorance is no excuse for breaking the
law.

Sheriff Hall, to our knowledge, has not gone anywhere and broken the law.
That cannot be said for his counterpart next door.

The only question left to ponder is if losing your hunting privileges in one
state causes you to lose them nation wide Mr. Ron McNesby.
We should also be thankful for the education system here in Santa Rosa
County.

Year in and year out the schools here rank as the highest in the state.

When you see reports about how bad education is across the nation, it is
comforting to know the schools here in Santa Rosa County are getting the job
done when it comes to education.

And we should be thankful for the quality of life.

Everything here in Santa Rosa County is not perfect, but there are a lot
more positives than there are negatives.

As a society we just happen to be more interested in the negatives than the
positives - just call it human nature.

But when you boil it all down: there are not very many killings; there is
crime in our communities, but it is not nearly as bad as some of the areas
surrounding us; and when you see someone in a community you are welcomed
with a smile and a wave or a handshake.

There are some places you are welcomed with a sneer and a different type of
wave.

So despite what you might believe we have a lot to be thankful for in Santa
Rosa County

11-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Escambia County is not as bad as you make it out to be! Yes we have problems with local government but those issues can be resolved at election time! Yes certain government officials have brought our county into a bad light nation wide, those too can be resolved at election time and will be! I'm proud to live in Escambia County and there is light at the end of our tunnel. Our school system is a good one and the education our children receive is as high as any standard that could be expected. Don't paint your Sheriff as a "saint" just yet, and if you don't like what's going on over here then stay your A#* in Santa Rosa County and address your own problems (which I must say you have a lot......mmm......tax collections maybe!). I will end by quoting..."don't throw stones!"

11-25-2007, 04:03 PM
tasers have always been justified? nice post Mr. Mundy. The sheriff commits no crimes? Sure he may not have shot illegal deer, but who has time when your driving your boat drunk and crashing it, then fornicating with your daughters 18 year old friends.. allegedly. oh, and lets not forget the huge meth infestation your oblivoius to. Your quiet town does have alot to be thankful for but lets not kid yourself.