PDA

View Full Version : TRITECH

10-27-2007, 02:54 AM
The TriTech system as it stands is absolutely horrendous for officer safety. Try running a tag, scroll through the 4 messages, decipher that the first one saying the car is stolen is wrong, copy the registered owner, change screens, click on the DL box,paste the DL number in the new screen, press query, than read and decipher 4 new screens before learning the results. Does anyone see a huge Officer Safety problem with this?

Let's just get beyond the BullS!@t and call it like it is. No one is going to pull over, enter the information and determine the results while safely parked on the side of the road like policy says. That is a total CYA cop out by Staff. We can't catch bad guys by pulling over and running information. The bad guy would be long gone. Police work is too fluid of a profession to be stagnated by equipment that does not work properly.

Force TriTech to make the changes or file a LAWSUIT against them for failure to provide adequate services. Force them to streamline the product and add hyperlinks that solve these issues that everyone working on the street realizes.

Hey Chief and Deputy Chiefs, get out on the road and try this equipment on real live police work and than come tell us that this is acceptable technology. I think you will agree that it's not cutting edge material and in fact is quite archaic compared to what we had. Please force the issues and be aggressive at it.

The clock is ticking and it is a matter of time before the City pays big cash for the injured officer or the injured citizen due to TriTech. Three weeks later and the Stolen Car driven by Hernandez is still flashing on the screens every time you run a driver's license number. We better hope someone doesn't do a felony traffic stop based on that info.

Do the right thing and clean this garbage up.

You don't blame the Fighter Pilot for crashing the plane when the Avionic Equipment sucks and doesn't work properly do you?

And please, don't take this post as a normal period of resistance to change.

I understand change and know it is difficult at first and is often needed. I am just talking out loud to a forum that may understand that this is a big officer/citizen safety issue that must be addressed. Addressing these complaints through the proper channels have apparently fallen on deaf ears. The line employees don't feel they are empowermed to discuss and change these issues or this forum wouldn't be necessary.

10-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Agreed. It's only a matter of time before a system related issue causes someone to be injured. Guess who will be blamed.

11-02-2007, 12:05 AM
We just got it here at the S.O. and I think it goes into operation on the 14th. I did notice during our couple hour training that it does everything but take the call when it comes in. I just want to know if they expect us to onview for other numbers or do we still ask dispatch to do it for us. Just wait 'til someone takes multiple numbers on one call and clears them wrong and things get really jumbled up in ACISS. Gonna be interesting. Heck, we already have conflicts w/having to shut it down quick cause it grabs the GPS and when we fully log into the MDB some people can't get the GPS to work. Officer safety issues.