PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Good day, everyone!

I am currently applying for a police officer position department here in Miami, FL. I was once an Investigative Aide with your agency, and wanted to list it an one of my stints of employment. Unfortunately, the agent who I was assigned to(Christopher Knight) has left the agency, and no one knows where he's gone. Can anyone here tell where I can go to get a hold on my employment info, such as time I served as an IA? Thanks in advance!

10-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Trying calling the ofice you worked out of.

10-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes, I already called the Miami office, but they told me to call the Personnel office in Tallahassee. Whenever I call, a loud, buzzing noise comes on and the call disconnects. :( .. This has happened on all several occasions when I call.

10-27-2007, 06:55 PM
You were never employed in any capacity by ABT.

You were a volunteer.

10-29-2007, 04:44 PM

You were a volunteer.

Even if I got payed for it? :shock:

10-29-2007, 10:53 PM

You were a volunteer.

Even if I got payed for it? :shock:

The fee is not considered pay. You were a volunteer. You received a flat fee for reimbursement and incidentals. That is a fact. So do not claim you were employed, cause you wasnt.

10-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Sad but true - you weren't an employee. I would also guess there are few records existing from the time you were an Investigative Aide. I would also guess that loud buzzing sound you hear before the phone disconnects means you have dialed a fax line.

10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Ok, sounds good. Would it still be ok for me to put down that I was a "volunteer" on my application with your agency since the departments ask for ALL work history, including volunteer positions? I just want to make sure I find out now so I don't omit something, and get chewed out for it later. :x

10-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Sad but true - you weren't an employee. I would also guess there are few records existing from the time you were an Investigative Aide. I would also guess that loud buzzing sound you hear before the phone disconnects means you have dialed a fax line.

Ok, sounds good. Would it still be ok for me to put down that I was a "volunteer" on my application with your agency since the departments ask for ALL work history, including volunteer positions? I just want to make sure I find out now so I don't omit something, and get chewed out for it later.

10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok, sounds good. Would it still be ok for me to put down that I was a "volunteer" on my application with your agency since the departments ask for ALL work history, including volunteer positions? I just want to make sure I find out now so I don't omit something, and get chewed out for it later.

11-01-2007, 01:22 AM
I would certainly reference your services as an investigative aide. Even though you were not an employee, you did spend time assiting with underage sales investigations. If you don't disclose it and they find out later - they may get the idea you were not proud of your contribution or were trying to hide something. Good Luck.

11-01-2007, 02:52 PM
I would certainly reference your services as an investigative aide. Even though you were not an employee, you did spend time assiting with underage sales investigations. If you don't disclose it and they find out later - they may get the idea you were not proud of your contribution or were trying to hide something. Good Luck.

Yes, I do plan on putting on the application that I was an "Investigative Aide," and not an employee with ABT. Like you said, I would rather list my services, instead of not listing them and have my BI give me the 3rd-degree. To all of the respondents on the board, thank you for your time and responses. Wish me luck! :)

11-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Most LE apps ask for previous employment as well as any volunteer service relevant to law enforcement.

While the above posters are right in that it wasnt employment, don't let their snide tones discourage you from mentioning it on an application. Its relavent and it might come down to you and another applicant with the exact same qualifications and that little bit might make the difference.

11-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Interesting blogs. Similar to LEO.
http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2006/12/ ... on_fo.html (http://blogs.tampabay.com/buzz/2006/12/holly_benson_fo.html)

11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Most LE apps ask for previous employment as well as any volunteer service relevant to law enforcement.

While the above posters are right in that it wasnt employment, don't let their snide tones discourage you from mentioning it on an application. Its relavent and it might come down to you and another applicant with the exact same qualifications and that little bit might make the difference.

Thank you very much, Guest!I really appreciate the helpful advice. If it's not too much trouble, could you please locate the number in which my BI can contact ABT in regards to my volunteer service? I contacted the Miami office several times, and they gave me the number to the Personnnel office in Tallahassee; unfortunately, it appears to be a fax line(I hear that buzzing sound whenever I call). Your help would be greatly appreciated. :)

11-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Here is the real problem - The personnel office in Tallahassee won't have any record of you. The only contact you can supply, would be for the Miami office. A background investigator will be able to figure it out from there. Good Luck.

11-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Here is the real problem - The personnel office in Tallahassee won't have any record of you. The only contact you can supply, would be for the Miami office. A background investigator will be able to figure it out from there. Good Luck.

Still talking about this???? He should have the job by now, move on....

11-07-2007, 02:11 AM

Hey this is ABT. The staff here are still talking about chiefs that have been gone 2, 3, 5, and 10 years ago. I have never seen such a group of people like we have here. Why did I ever leave my local PD????>?

11-07-2007, 02:17 AM
I suspect your question is rhetorical, but I am curious. Why did you leave your PD?

11-07-2007, 04:25 AM

Hey this is ABT. The staff here are still talking about chiefs that have been gone 2, 3, 5, and 10 years ago. I have never seen such a group of people like we have here. Why did I ever leave my local PD????>?

It this the truth or what?! Why is this?! GET OVER THEM...ALL OF THEM!

11-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Now that sounds like a good idea. I guess I can an end to this thread. Once again, thank you to everyone for the help. Have a good day, and stay safe! :)