PDA

View Full Version : Exam

10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I took the Civil Servant exam today at FIU north capmus, I think I did pretty good, but we were told that we will not know our test result until after Jan 23' 08. Does it really take that long to grade about 200 test that are all scantron?

To the 30-40 that showed up today with the sandles, gold teeth, huge jail house tats one guy even had a tear drop tat on his right eye. Clean yourselves up before orientation. It's really sad that you don't even take pride in what you wear to a potential job interview.

Miami Hopeful

10-24-2007, 11:22 PM
it doesnt take that long to grade the exams but they have to have all of the exams in and done for before they can evaluate who it is they are going to take

10-25-2007, 03:16 AM
I took the Civil Servant exam today at FIU north capmus, I think I did pretty good, but we were told that we will not know our test result until after Jan 23' 08. Does it really take that long to grade about 200 test that are all scantron?

To the 30-40 that showed up today with the sandles, gold teeth, huge jail house tats one guy even had a tear drop tat on his right eye. Clean yourselves up before orientation. It's really sad that you don't even take pride in what you wear to a potential job interview.

Miami Hopeful

In 1980 when I took my entrance exam while I was waiting in parking lot inside my car, the two guys inside their vehicle parked next to mine, where smoking a "joint" . These two idiots weren't hire.

10-25-2007, 04:11 AM

Miami Hopeful

Don't worry about the tattoo folks, deputy chief hates them so they can't be hired. And if the results are in in Jan 08, you might start in a class by june if lucky. A lot of stuff has to be checked and verified. Mucho paper work has to go and come back. Once the city would give the test and 700+ would take the test, now 200.

10-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I remember 2 years ago when I did it I was sitting in the lobby of the testing area and thought to myself wow, these are the men and women that are going to be backing me up. Needless to say it was a scary thought, I remember the person reading the test instructions had to read the instructions of "race" about six times because someone close to me didn't know if they were white, black, hispanic, indian or other.

Anyway right now they are checking your background so be patient and hopefully you started working out if you haven't then start because you have the agility around the same time of your orientation.

Good Luck.

10-30-2007, 01:52 AM
pass it

10-30-2007, 02:49 AM
i heard the city will be lowering its standards to get ppl on board...heard it from ppl in the dept...is that true anyone?

10-30-2007, 03:08 AM
Who cares as long as there are bodies in patrol to answer calls? I just hope there are no fine bit673s or they will be working inside right away.

10-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Well, I took mines on the 23rd of October and they advised us that the academy doesn't start till the summer. There were about 150 applicant taking the exam and about 40 were over-weighted. I haven't seen any officers at MPD that were over-weight.

10-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Well, I took mines on the 23rd of October and they advised us that the academy doesn't start till the summer. There were about 150 applicant taking the exam and about 40 were over-weighted. I haven't seen any officers at MPD that were over-weight.

It was the new diet plan that we have at MPD, not enough salary to buy quality food!

10-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey Ding Dong I'm over-weight and I've been here for 15 years. I think it's the fine cuisine in the MPD cafeteria.

Oye Tony is today Chili day?

Phaedrus11
10-31-2007, 03:47 AM

...we're doomed.

10-31-2007, 06:03 AM

Sorry dude, if you haven't seen any MPD officers overweight, you won't pass the eye test because your blind. try the county, they have lower standards for eye sight requirements.

10-31-2007, 08:26 AM

Sorry dude, if you haven't seen any MPD officers overweight, you won't pass the eye test because your blind. try the county, they have lower standards for eye sight requirements.

Well sir, I live up north and the hardly be in city of miami area unless visiting my friends. Again, I maybe wrong but the times I do come down, I didn't seen any.

10-31-2007, 09:40 PM

New recruit the word is mine not "mines", mines are explosives. 40 of the applicants were over-weighted. One word overweight, do yourself a favor work on your grammar and stop checking out the fat people.

Se7en

11-01-2007, 01:11 AM
[quote="New Recruit":1nhgy41z]Well, I took mines on the 23rd of October and they advised us that the academy doesn't start till the summer. There were about 150 applicant taking the exam and about 40 were over-weighted. I haven't seen any officers at MPD that were over-weight.

Well sir, I live up north and the hardly be in city of miami area unless visiting my friends. Again, I maybe wrong but the times I do come down, I didn't seen any.[/quote:1nhgy41z]

You do realize that police work requires writing skills right ? "the hardly be in city of miami area" won't cut it.

Phaedrus11
11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
Well sir, I live up north and the hardly be in city of miami area unless visiting my friends. Again, I maybe wrong but the times I do come down, I didn't seen any.

doomed... doomed, I say

11-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Guys, leave the new recruit alone! At least he is willing to apply to our department evens though we have so many issues of our own. Everyone is not perfect so a little spelling and grammar error will not kill ya. It can be fix! Just look at how many people in our department having so many spellings and grammar problems on there reports! New recruit and any other potential future officers, good luck thru the process and make sure you are prepared!

11-01-2007, 02:40 PM

doomed... doomed, I say

Phaedrus was actually being kind by not picking out "city of miami" Miami is capitalized because it's a name. I still have my copies of Ingles sin Barreras. I'll give them to you so when you retake your Civil Servant exam in six months.

Bolo Loco

Phaedrus11
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Guys, leave the new recruit alone! At least he is willing to apply to our department evens though we have so many issues of our own. Everyone is not perfect so a little spelling and grammar error will not kill ya. It can be fix! Just look at how many people in our department having so many spellings and grammar problems on there reports! New recruit and any other potential future officers, good luck thru the process and make sure you are prepared!

.....doomed

11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Kerr u forget "EVENS", though,L.O.L.
DOOMED! Yes,ever since T$ took over.

QSQUE?
11-02-2007, 12:11 AM
well i may be a fat Fk but at least on the rare occasion that i do catch an offender i can write an a-form that isn't embarassing. are they handing out apps in front of dcj?

Phaedrus11
11-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Kerr u forget "EVENS", though,L.O.L.
DOOMED! Yes,ever since T$ took over.

Nah, I didn’t have time to rip up the entire post. Not that I’m any kind of writer, but could we at least proofread our stuff once in awhile.

Guys, leave the new recruit alone! At least he is willing to apply to our department evens though we have so many issues of our own. Everyone is not perfect so a little spelling and grammar error will not kill ya. It can be fix! Just look at how many people in our department (are) having so many spellings and grammar problems on there reports! New recruit and any other potential future officers, good luck thru the process and make sure you are prepared!

Did I miss any? DOOMED

11-02-2007, 04:57 PM
i heard the city will be lowering its standards to get ppl on board...heard it from ppl in the dept...is that true anyone?

Are you making that statement because it's a good thing? Actually it's sad because as long as I can remember I wanted to be a MPD-LEO because of the respect I had for them, finally I had applied this past September 11. I want to be part of what I think is a badass bunch of LEO's. Now you read statements like this and you feel bad for the men and women that had to go through the real BS only to find out that standards are being lowered in order to attract more officers.
Maybe instead of lowering your standards you should raise them and give back the confidence and tools your officers need to do their jobs. Allow those officers to handcuff the bad guys and not handcuff the officers from being able to do their job "within the law". Most of all keep the officers salaries competitive with the national standard to the size and type city Miami is. Then you won’t have to lower your standards and you can remain among the top Police forces in the nation.
I know I am talking out of my arse but I don’t want to be part of a class that was accepted because someone lowered their standards so we can make the cut. I want to be part of the team that I can proudly say I busted arse to be like them.

Miami Hopeful aka Luis

11-02-2007, 06:27 PM
well "luis" thats nice of you to say but if they raised the standards there would only be about 10 of us left when all the vets retire. we're a lil too short to be choosy....its all up to the FTO's now

11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Miami Hopeful/ Luis looks like you’re lowering your standards yourself by applying at the City. Definitely barking up the wrong tree, if you want to go with a winner(MDPD) then drop that chicken dinner (MPD). You have to go to 92 ave and NW 25 st (MDPD Headquarters) for a real job amongst the best. You’re crazy if you think the men in blue are going to offer you anything other than a factory worker atmosphere.

Brown Bagger :twisted:

11-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Miami Hopeful/ Luis looks like you’re lowering your standards yourself by applying at the City. Definitely barking up the wrong tree, if you want to go with a winner(MDPD) then drop that chicken dinner (MPD). You have to go to 92 ave and NW 25 st (MDPD Headquarters) for a real job amongst the best. You’re crazy if you think the men in blue are going to offer you anything other than a factory worker atmosphere.

A real [police] job among the best? Get real! Miami might have a sot Irish leading them, but at least he is not an idiot who comes up with such a brilliant concept as "SAY NO TO ROBBING"! What a moron, I'll take Johnny Lexus any time! Besides, with all the annexation and incorporation that is to take over unincorporated Miami-Dade, MDPD will be in charge of just the port of Miami, the Airport, JMH and Northside [no municipality is going to annex that area!] NO THANK YOU!

11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Louie. it depends on what standards are being lowered. Certain things can't be changed due to state regulations. But certain things are flexible. In the early 70's you had to be at least 5'8", not enough people that tall wanted to be cops so they changed it. Another example was in the early 70's you could have used grass up to 3 months before hiring, coke and heroin had to be a year. By the early 80's, no drug use was allowed. From 65 to 75 cops were getting murdered by black terrorist ( I WON'T CALL THE MILITANTS) all over the country. Miami lost two officers to these killers (lane & butler). So, the good time charlies weren't becoming cops. and they had to lower the threshold just to get people. Many cops hired in the 1980 hiring frenzy it is said had lower standard (not true, work in personnel then) and that caused the river cops( they couldn't have used drugs at all in 1980). Yet many hired then, have had successful careers and are now retired. Most who get past the screening process and are screw ups', crash and burn quickly. And they have to pass probation. Don't worry about who is hired, you have no control over it. And Miami P D has been the leader in this state with new technology and techniques in police work. example? County just got a fingerprint computer NOW. Miami had/has the first one in the WORLD 27 years ago. Good Luck, keep your mouth shut in the academy and and get use to the smell of brasso, it's going to be your daily friend while there. And Luis, look at the a-hole from the county name, he IS a bagger. ASK him who saved his head quaters in 1980, saving 25 detective from death, when 3,000 angry citizens were trying to burn it down. No county cop had anything to do with it. AND we save the COUNTY criminal court house too. And in 80, everything north of the city on 27 ave, was looted and burned that wasn't black owned. WHERE WERE THESE SUPER COPS THEN? NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. ask the bagger when they got hand held radios. Ask him about their 50% disability pension. The brown gowned clowns have been a dollar short and a day late to every agency in this county. OH, ask him about the how much 1% money he gets when he retires, you will leave with around $250,000, at least. And that's without you paying a dime into it. And they are SO good, everybody is incorporating to have their own police dept. Besides, you want to wear a Nazi brown uniform?

11-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Louie. it depends on what standards are being lowered. Certain things can't be changed due to state regulations. But certain things are flexible. In the early 70's you had to be at least 5'8", not enough people that tall wanted to be cops so they changed it. Another example was in the early 70's you could have used grass up to 3 months before hiring, coke and heroin had to be a year. By the early 80's, no drug use was allowed. From 65 to 75 cops were getting murdered by black terrorist ( I WON'T CALL THE MILITANTS) all over the country. Miami lost two officers to these killers (lane & butler). So, the good time charlies weren't becoming cops. and they had to lower the threshold just to get people. Many cops hired in the 1980 hiring frenzy it is said had lower standard (not true, work in personnel then) and that caused the river cops( they couldn't have used drugs at all in 1980). Yet many hired then, have had successful careers and are now retired. Most who get past the screening process and are screw ups', crash and burn quickly. And they have to pass probation. Don't worry about who is hired, you have no control over it. And Miami P D has been the leader in this state with new technology and techniques in police work. example? County just got a fingerprint computer NOW. Miami had/has the first one in the WORLD 27 years ago. Good Luck, keep your mouth shut in the academy and and get use to the smell of brasso, it's going to be your daily friend while there. And Luis, look at the a-hole from the county name, he IS a bagger. ASK him who saved his head quaters in 1980, saving 25 detective from death, when 3,000 angry citizens were trying to burn it down. No county cop had anything to do with it. AND we save the COUNTY criminal court house too. And in 80, everything north of the city on 27 ave, was looted and burned that wasn't black owned. WHERE WERE THESE SUPER COPS THEN? NOWHERE TO BE SEEN. ask the bagger when they got hand held radios. Ask him about their 50% disability pension. The brown gowned clowns have been a dollar short and a day late to every agency in this county. OH, ask him about the how much 1% money he gets when he retires, you will leave with around $250,000, at least. And that's without you paying a dime into it. And they are SO good, everybody is incorporating to have their own police dept. Besides, you want to wear a Nazi brown uniform?

can't put it any better than that

11-04-2007, 08:09 AM

$250,000 in the 1% + $250,000 in the DROP = $500,000, not to mention 1,500 in sick time, vacation time, etc. paid at your highest hourly rate when you retire out the door, glad I chose the City over the County when I started out!

11-04-2007, 08:39 AM
For those of you interested in becomming Police Officers with our department know this the MAJORITY of us will take a hardworking, honest, good hearted recruits over grammer any day! We have lazy people with all types of education, there not worth the key board infront of you. You can teach sentence structure but, hard working honest people are far and few!!

11-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Thanks but no thanks Brown Booger I am happy with the choice I made to go with the City...work hard put in your time retire happy.

Miami Hopeful aka Luis

11-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Miami Hopefull careful because according to Kowalski he made the wrong choice, his newphew was much smarter for picking the brown gound.