PDA

View Full Version : VERY OLD 4 LIMA 40

10-15-2007, 09:28 PM
HELLO TO ALL MY OLD PLANTATION PD FAMILY FROM A VERY OLD 4 LIMA 40 AKA TONY B. I am alive and well up in JAX,Fl behind the mic @ FHP JAX comm center

10-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey Tony! Good to hear that you're still alive and well. There are still a few of us that remember you. I know that all of us wish you well. I don't know if you remember Bob Ellison, but he's behind the mic at St. John's S.O.

10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
HI TOM nice to know a few of you are still left and that your minds are still functional to remember an old timer like me :D I can't say that I remember BOB I retired PL7923 IN 1985 SOOOO I Think he came after I left. So who is still left other than the folks who have their MUG SHOTS on the web page. Oh well gotta go the radio is barking LATER!!!!!!

10-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Internet access in CDC ? What an outlandish idea !

10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Tony; Give me a call and I'll try to fill you in on what's been going on over the past 20 years. 954-797-2709.

10-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Tony; Give me a call and I'll try to fill you in on what's been going on over the past 20 years. 954-797-2709.

That will take at least 10 minutes. Then what will you talk about ?? lol.

10-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello, TONY!!!!!

How the hell are you??

How did you end up in Jacksonville? Last I heard you were heading to Tallahassee.

I left PPD soon after you did (1987). I am now teaching middle school in Gainesville.

You ever hear from Mel Waingold??

10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
HOW THE HELL ARE YOU :-) I was in TALLY TOWN for 12 years, got divorced, transfered to Palm Beach was there for 3 years, got remarried (I will never learn :D ) No she is GREAT :P and have been in JAX for 2 years now. Was back in FT. Laud over the weekend to celebrate the BIG 50, my wife had a suprise party for me at BAHIA CABANA!!!!!! I used to dispatch for Gainesville TROOP B however I am now working TROOP G JAX SOUTH. No I havn't heard a word out of MEL in YEARS. I was keeping contact with Mike Scott and a few others but that kinda fell by the wayside. I thought this would be a good way to catch back up with the OLD TIMERS who can remember GOLDEN TRIANGLE and KINGS DEPT STORE on SR-7 and when there were only 5 zones in the city. Tom I will be giving you a call ASAP

10-26-2007, 01:36 AM
Things sound great for you, Tony.

Tom is my contact for all things PPD, too. He keeps me updated on who is still there (fewer & fewer) and who has left.

Unfortunately, all things change and this is true for PPD, Plantation, and south Florida in general.

We escaped from northern Cuba 10 years ago and have never looked back. I tried my hand at a couple of things before landing in teaching about five years ago. I like it. The pay is horrible, but I haven't enjoyed going to work this much since I left PPD.

Give me a shout when you head over this way, sometime. We can get together for a beer and tell lies about the "old days". In the meantime, contact me at jlshotrod@hotmail.com

Take care, Tony.