PDA

View Full Version : Contract Info.

10-13-2007, 09:17 PM
IF YOU CHOOSE THE I.U.P.A. AS YOUR UNION --
HOW WILL THEY ADVOCATE FOR BROWARD COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPUTIES AND SERGEANTS?
Here are some of the positions The I.U.P.A. plans to take:
• PAY RAISE: Our position will be to seek a pay raise that positions BSO as the highest-paid police department in the state. The administration tells us we are the best – now we need to get paid like the best!
• PROMOTIONS: Our position insists on a fair promotional system with an assessment center to supplement the written portion, followed by a rule of three from the eligible list.
• SICK TIME: Our position is that each deputy will be paid out 100% of his/her earned sick time.
• SENIORITY: Our position will be that the administration can not bump a deputy off his/her shift any any point .
• HEALTH CARE: Our position will be for better health care coverage options, secured post-retirement benefits and no increase in coverage costs.
• DISCIPLINE: Our position will be a fair discipline process where all employees will be treated and disciplined fairly with no favoritism or vindictiveness.
• COMP TIME: Our position is that each deputy should earn comp time for stand-by subpoenas.
• SPECIAL UNITS: Our position will be for assignment pay at a flat rate of 5%.
• EDUCATION: Our position is to encourage enhancement classes. All career development classes are to count as on-duty time.
• SHIFT PAY: Our position is that midnight shift should be paid 5% extra and afternoon shift 2 ½ % extra.
• LONGEVITY: Our position will be to include a third longevity step to include years 10, 15 and 20.
• QUALITY OF LIFE: Our position will be to encourage enhancements in quality of life issues for deputies; for example: night and summer uniforms, window tints, ball caps, better work tools, assignments closer to home, more access to time off, adequate equipment, etc. :D

10-13-2007, 11:03 PM
How about you stop posting this nonsense and actually start telling the Rank and File how you intend on accomplishing all these goals. Positions are just that Positions if you cant back up your positions with a plan of action then they are just empty promises. Please dont answer this by saying we have Mierzwa and he went to Harvard and hes going to get us what ever we want. We already know he has never negotiated a Police contract. So before you waste your time posting your "Positions" anymore, why dont you devote just as much time telling us your going to accomplish your goals.

10-13-2007, 11:08 PM
How about you stop posting this nonsense and actually start telling the Rank and File how you intend on accomplishing all these goals. Positions are just that Positions if you cant back up your positions with a plan of action then they are just empty promises. Please dont answer this by saying we have Mierzwa and he went to Harvard and hes going to get us what ever we want. We already know he has never negotiated a Police contract. So before you waste your time posting your "Positions" anymore, why dont you devote just as much time telling us your going to accomplish your goals.

Hey consultant dont call us "rank and file". You will never pass yourself off as BSO.

10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Remember a public service contract is just another contract. The fire departments are not that much different than police. The teachers are not but the PBA thinks police work is rocket science. That's why you can get hired with a G.E.D.. Oh, now I realize, most of the executive board of the PBA has only a G.E.D.. Enough said! VOTE I.U.P.A.

10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Don't get me wrong...it would be great if IUPA or any union for that matter could get all these things, but honestly it just doesn't seem realistic to me. It seems more like, "Vote for me for Class President and there will be no more homework!" The things that seem most unlikely to me are the sick time issue, getting comp time for stand-by subpeonas, and even the issue of BSO being the highest paid in the State.... I think we all want these things but whether or not the agency can afford them is probably quite another. Just my two cents.

10-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Just remember if you vote PBA, you'll get what you've been getting, Hollywood's left-overs!

10-14-2007, 03:42 AM
Vote for IUPA youll get lots of positions with little or no follow through. If you would have gone to their meeting you would know they have no answers on how their going to achieve all their "positions". All they can say is we have Mierzwa and he went to Harvard. Letting the Rank and File know what your actual plan of action is would be nice instead of just Rhetoric on what your positions are.

10-15-2007, 01:13 AM
IF YOU CHOOSE THE I.U.P.A. AS YOUR UNION --
HOW WILL THEY ADVOCATE FOR BROWARD COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPUTIES AND SERGEANTS?
Here are some of the positions The I.U.P.A. plans to take:
• PAY RAISE: Our position will be to seek a pay raise that positions BSO as the highest-paid police department in the state. The administration tells us we are the best – now we need to get paid like the best!
• PROMOTIONS: Our position insists on a fair promotional system with an assessment center to supplement the written portion, followed by a rule of three from the eligible list.
• SICK TIME: Our position is that each deputy will be paid out 100% of his/her earned sick time.
• SENIORITY: Our position will be that the administration can not bump a deputy off his/her shift any any point .
• HEALTH CARE: Our position will be for better health care coverage options, secured post-retirement benefits and no increase in coverage costs.
• DISCIPLINE: Our position will be a fair discipline process where all employees will be treated and disciplined fairly with no favoritism or vindictiveness.
• COMP TIME: Our position is that each deputy should earn comp time for stand-by subpoenas.
• SPECIAL UNITS: Our position will be for assignment pay at a flat rate of 5%.
• EDUCATION: Our position is to encourage enhancement classes. All career development classes are to count as on-duty time.
• SHIFT PAY: Our position is that midnight shift should be paid 5% extra and afternoon shift 2 ½ % extra.
• LONGEVITY: Our position will be to include a third longevity step to include years 10, 15 and 20.
• QUALITY OF LIFE: Our position will be to encourage enhancements in quality of life issues for deputies; for example: night and summer uniforms, window tints, ball caps, better work tools, assignments closer to home, more access to time off, adequate equipment, etc. :D

Sound like their trying to sell me a used car.

10-15-2007, 03:52 AM
PBA said IUPA doesn’t have an office in Broward and they will not get one. IUPA got an office. PBA said IUPA only has Mike Doddo on their leagal staff. IUPA then produced a list of attornys. It seems to me the PBA creates rumors out there to cloud the truth, for example, if IUPA is voted in all the money will be gone. IUPA has followed through on every thing; PBA has yet to follow through on one thing.

10-16-2007, 02:04 AM
Please tell or even better show us which PBA delegates said you dont have an office in Broward. And if one said it was it before you did, if so they were telling the truth at the time so I dont see your point as usual. Who the heck is Mike Dodo Ive never heard of him so what are you talking about??? The only attorney I ve heard IUPA talk about is Mierzwa the guy who has never negotiated a Police contract or knows what agencies IUPA represents. What Promises has the PBA since the beginning of this election promise that they did not come through on??? Inquiring minds want to know???

IUPA=Rhetoric
PBA=FACTS

10-16-2007, 02:23 AM
? Why is **** Brickman President of the PBA for life?
? Why can't we vote for the president, vice president, secretary and treasurer?
? Why do other agencies in Broward County support us going to The I.U.P.A.?
? Why does the PBA steal ideas from The I.U.P.A. and then bad-mouth them?
? Why do the PBA reps lie to you instead of letting YOU make the choice?
? Why does the PBA refuse to show us financial statements?
? Why did the PBA fight so hard to prevent an election?
? Why didn’t the PBA speak out against POWERTRAC?
? Why did the PBA refuse to speak against the previous administration?
? Why was the PBA not prepared for contract negotiations with facts?
? Why do some PBA reps want to deny deputies the right to participate in a PERC election to ultimately decide their union?
? Why is there nepotism at the PBA?
? Why did the PBA not take action against possible voting fraud in the board elections?
? Why did the PBA not post the election results for the recent board member elections?
? Why does the PBA refuse to listen to us?
? Why does the PBA think we work for them?
? Why stay with the PBA???

10-16-2007, 03:20 AM
Posted: 10/15/07 21:53:26 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brickman is not President for life hes goes for reelection every 3 years.

The State of Florida PBAs rules are set up so the Board Members elect the executive Board, its not just the Broward PBA. BSO can elect its own Executive Board and will if the members want it after the PERC Election.

Show me one Agency in Broward County that has come out in writing in regards to BSO going to IUPA, I have a Bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya if you believe that.

This one I love, what ideas did the PBA steal from IUPA, please present them in writing I would love to see the memo.

What members of the new PBA Board have lied to anyone, I would like to meet the Non IUPA Committee Deputy who was lied to and find out which Delegate did it and when???

You want to see the PBA finanacial statements go to the PBA and ask they are sitting on the front desk. If you dont understand them let me know Ill explain them to you.

THe PBA didnt initiate an investigation into Powertrac because everyone knew that there were dozens of members, Deputies and Sgts that were involved and could possibly be effected. I dont know if IUPA is aware of this but its the job of a Union to protect its members not start investigations that could go against them.

Why did the PBA fight to prevent an election? Thats easy to an answer, Why did IUPA fight so hard to have one, same reason Duh!!!!

What facts are you refering to that the PBA was lacking in contract negotations??? Since you werent there and I dont think you can read minds then Im going to dismiss this question as pure Rhetoric as usual.

What PBA Delegates and please name them other then that moron Vorrburg whos on his way out wanted to deny any Deputy the right to participate in the PERC election. I cant wait to hear this one. Make sure to post your name as well!!!!

What Nepotism are you refering to the fact that Brickman wife works there??? She was working there 7 years before Brickman was. I dare you to go home and tell your wife to quit her job!!!!

Who says the PBA wont take action against the three cheaters. Just because it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean that it wont. In fact I can tell you this its coming but those three losers just dont know when or where. Good things come to those who wait.

Maybe you need to update your address or email address because I got the results of the elections. Why dont you give me your name so I can make sure we have all the proper information???

What member of the new PBA Board has refused to listen to a member please list the names of the members and the name of the delegate(s) so it can be followed up on. Thanks!!!

IUPA has been repeating this same old tired Rhetoric since day one, as you can see above the PBA has been answering it with FACTS. I think we all know that no names, dates or any actual facts to back up their postions will be printed on here. Probably just more factless rhetoric and mudslinging. Vote for the new PBA!!!!

10-16-2007, 04:18 AM
YOU can't vote for a new PBA when it is still the same old PBA. Nothing has changed but 3 board members.

10-16-2007, 04:23 AM
From that whole list of facts thats the only thing that IUPA can attack, dam I must have done a really good job(LOL) And as far as why its the new PBA what about the 18 or so District Delegates that were recently added hmmmmm, we didnt have them before a week ago I would imagine most people would consider that new hmmmm.

10-16-2007, 05:05 AM
Questions for IUPA:

1)Where is your Constitution?

2)When are you going to have elections for the Executive Board and Districts Delegates?

3)How much will the Executive Board get paid?

4)Will the Board be in the Office or be on the Road?

5)Since you know about how much money your going to receive from National where is your perspective Budget?

Please dont respond we have 16 day to provide that information ok, thanks.