PDA

View Full Version : THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

Greg Stout
10-12-2007, 03:15 AM
Dear Fellow Tampa Police Officers and PBA Members:

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 I responded to an anonymous post on Leo Affairs.com. At the end of the response I gave this quote: “This election is one week away and I fully expect our opponents to pull out the stops. We have not and will not roll in the mud with them or you, period.” I have said repeatedly that our group, Pat Lynch, Jim Meier, Chip DeBlock and me, Greg Stout are taking the high road, no matter what they say about us.

Today, Thursday, October 11, 2007, two days after my prediction, Kevin fulfilled my prophecy and a new blue handbill made its way across each district. Kevin and his PBA printing press have been at it again. The paper is titled, “The Facts Speak For Themselves.” That sentence is accurate, but most of the rest of the blue sheet is not.

We have clearly discussed all most all of his handbill issues on our website, www.takebackyourpba.com (http://www.takebackyourpba.com). They are addressed. Please feel free to review it. Kevin appears to believe that I am making anonymous posts on LeoAffairs.com. That is not true. Since June 25, 2007, I have personally posted thirty-eight times on LeoAffairs.Com. Each and every time I have used my own name. There is no need or reason for me to post anonymously because I have said every thing in the open to hundreds of Tampa Police Officers, at roll calls across the city. If Kevin doesn’t like what is said, he has every opportunity to register and post anything he likes on LeoAffairs.com as well.

Kevin believes that we have no plan in place to take back the PBA and then run it successfully. I invite you to look at our “100 Day Plan.” I know Kevin has and must like it because as I discussed previously, he has already begun to implement parts of it. That will make our job easier on January 1.

I was surprised to learn that I was the “co-author,” of the current constitution and by-laws. I had to call the real author, Jeff Stull, our PBA attorney, to see if I was in trouble for plagiarizing his legal work. As every one including Kevin knows, Mr. Stull was the only author of the constitution and by-laws. The entire Tampa Police Board of Directors certainly had briefings along the way during the drafting of the constitution. We all gave some input I’m sure, but if you believe I am the co-author of the PBA Constitution and By-Laws, you would also have to believe that the IRS is here to help you.

I do want to finish this post by taking the time to personally thank Kevin for trying to emulate my writing ability. On October 1, 2007, I included this in my open letter to all of you: “There is an old axiom that I picked up during some political science classes I attended. It goes something like this, ‘When you can’t talk about the issues talk about the candidate.’” Well today, fresh off of Kevin’s PBA printing press he concluded his blue sheet by saying, “In our business, it’s an ancient formula: If you can’t attack the accomplishments and achievements, attack the individual.” Kevin, I am available for more quotes, feel free to call!

The facts speak for themselves!

The true power of the PBA belongs to its members. Exercise your rights and vote October 16-17, 2007.

Till next time,

Greg Stout

10-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Greg here are a few questions for you, and not those softballs being tossed at roll call.

Is it true that you are personal friends with A.C. Castor?

Did she ask you to run for this office?

When you and Kevin had a falling out, is it true that other board members of the union tried to have you guys work it out at a sit down in Jeff Stull’s office?

Is the reason you and Kevin had a falling out because a phone call you made to Slater’s cell. A call she received as she was riding in Kevin’s car. A call in which you started to ***** to her about him and he was able to hear the whole conversation.

You did take a seven thousand dollar a year stipend as V.P. in the past. Why all of a sudden are you saying you won’t take anything now if you are elected President?

Is this attorney that you want to bring in a personal friend of yours?

One of the things you keep bringing up is the babysitter we have answering the phones. Well if we are going to look for the best employees should we not do it when it comes to finding an in house attorney?

What is this nonsense on your web page about a steering committee?

What kind of checks and balance are they going to offer when one of them is your child?

What makes you think that the members of this union want these people to act as a “steering committee?

Greg Stout
10-13-2007, 02:18 AM
Greg here are a few questions for you, and not those softballs being tossed at roll call.

Is it true that you are personal friends with A.C. Castor?

I like to think that I am friends with everyone at the police department, Jane Castor included. I would say that we have a professional business relationship. I have known Chief Castor since about day one at TPD when she was a corporal working for Carson Helms. I have never been to her home and she has never been to mine. When I worked directly for her while she was the CIB Commander, we attended an annual Christmas party along with everyone else in CIB, but that is about as far as it goes socially.

Did she ask you to run for this office?

No. We NEVER had a conversation about me running for this office.

When you and Kevin had a falling out, is it true that other board members of the union tried to have you guys work it out at a sit down in Jeff Stull’s office?

Nolan, There is much more to it than that. Kevin knows the entire story. Ask him.

Is the reason you and Kevin had a falling out because a phone call you made to Slater’s cell. A call she received as she was riding in Kevin’s car. A call in which you started to ***** to her about him and he was able to hear the whole conversation.

Nolan, should we go into the reason for the phone call in the first place? I don’t think Kevin wants to. It involves mud and I’m not slinging it. But if he does, give me a call and we will talk about it personally. I knew they were together in the car and when Kevin would not answer his phone Sharon did. Let Kevin tell you about the hole in the wall.

You did take a seven thousand dollar a year stipend as V.P. in the past. Why all of a sudden are you saying you won’t take anything now if you are elected President?

Asked and answered at www.takebackyourpba.com (http://www.takebackyourpba.com)

Is this attorney that you want to bring in a personal friend of yours?

No attorney has been offered a job. I would like to bring one in and Bob McCabe would be my first choice. I hope he is a friend, but again Nolan, Bob and I don’t hang out. We haven’t been to each others homes and our families have never met.

One of the things you keep bringing up is the babysitter we have answering the phones. Well if we are going to look for the best employees should we not do it when it comes to finding an in house attorney?

When you say “we,” have answering the phones, I must assume the “we,” means the people currently working in the PBA, Nolan are you saying there are better attorney’s here in Tampa that know this job like Bob McCabe knows it? I would have to see what “we,” produce in the way of better qualified applicants before making a final hiring decision.

What is this nonsense on your web page about a steering committee?

Nolan, this isn’t nonsense. The current PBA leadership has isolated them selves from the rest of us. We will not. We will govern by the people. A Steering Committee is a group where every one is invited to help us make tough decisions and find solutions to large issues facing us. I want to be all inclusive with our membership. I personally don’t care if 100 TPD officers step up to volunteer to serve. Just in the last few days Rick Cochran, Dean Uno, Yvette Flynn and LaJoyce Caldwell have all asked to serve on the Steering Committee. They are welcome and so is any other dues paying member. The Good Ole’ Boys days will be gone when we are elected next week.

What kind of checks and balance are they going to offer when one of them is your child?

Nolan, my “child,” is Mike Stout, a twenty-nine year old veteran Tampa Police Officer who has as much right to offer an opinion and advice as any other dues paying member.

What makes you think that the members of this union want these people to act as a “steering committee?

Because it makes good sense to have a cross section of the police department involved in the decision making process of the PBA. “These people,” as you refer to them are the PBA. They are the strength of this union. Our officers deserve nothing less. We will not be ruling from an ivory tower.

Well Nolan, that wasn’t so tough. I like your overall baseball theme. It reminds me of a Yankees fan I know.

Till next time,

Greg Stout

10-13-2007, 06:20 PM
A man who answers direct questions, uses his name has a plan and speaks elequently without daring union members to come out back and duke it out !! I can't wait until next week, thanks "Nolan Ryan" for helping me make my final decision with those fast pitches!!!

Greg,

I would call your response a "grand slam" in the bottom of the ninth!!

10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Don't have much to offer on most of the question but I can comment on Bob McCabe. Bob works for the current PBA through Jeff Stull's office. Bob is not some college buddy of Greg that he is trying to bring in.

While I do not know Greg I do know Bob. Bob is a great attorney who once was a police officer. He will shoot you straight and tell you like it is. If you don't believe it ask Travis Maus, it Bob who fought his fight and make the staff and their lackeys up on 10th look well let's say less than truthful! I too have used Bob’s services thru the PBA, and he took care of me. He is competent and will fight tooth and nail for you.

10-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Bob McCabe is the PBA attorney that slam dunked the City with the Travis Maus arbitration. He is awesome to say the least.

10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Well Greg you did answer to the hard questions and I respect that. I do think the PBA house needs to be cleaned and you now have my support. I regret the "child" reference that I used, that was low and uncalled for on my part. I should know better. Good luck with your campaign.

10-14-2007, 01:51 PM
If this previous post is really the original poster of the question I applaud you for comin back on here and replying to Greg. Along with that I applaud you for your apology about the "child" reference. You could have just left it at that and not come back on here and said anything...Kudos to you for your honesty.

10-14-2007, 11:21 PM
it seems as if Kevin Durkin has become Jim Thompson and Greg is the new Kevin Durkin. The question is whether or not this process repeats itself again at the next election as has happened before? Don't let us down Greg!

MOD 1
10-14-2007, 11:43 PM
Well Greg you did answer to the hard questions and I respect that. I do think the PBA house needs to be cleaned and you now have my support. I regret the "child" reference that I used, that was low and uncalled for on my part. I should know better. Good luck with your campaign.

I can verify that this is the "Nolan Ryan" who posted the questions. I just wanted to verify it to make sure that no one was "playing games."

I too applaud you for coming back and replying.

Mod 1

Greg Stout
10-15-2007, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your response Nolan. I appreciate your support and I will do every thing in my power to see that this administration is better than the rest. That is why we are instituting checks and balances and putting our plans in writing for all to see and hold our feet to the fire.

I look forward to serving each and every one of you.

Greg

Wyatt Earp
10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Dear Fellow Tampa Police Officers and PBA Members:

On Tuesday, October 9, 2007 I responded to an anonymous post on Leo Affairs.com. At the end of the response I gave this quote: “This election is one week away and I fully expect our opponents to pull out the stops. We have not and will not roll in the mud with them or you, period.” I have said repeatedly that our group, Pat Lynch, Jim Meier, Chip DeBlock and me, Greg Stout are taking the high road, no matter what they say about us.

Today, Thursday, October 11, 2007, two days after my prediction, Kevin fulfilled my prophecy and a new blue handbill made its way across each district. Kevin and his PBA printing press have been at it again. The paper is titled, “The Facts Speak For Themselves.” That sentence is accurate, but most of the rest of the blue sheet is not.

We have clearly discussed all most all of his handbill issues on our website, www.takebackyourpba.com (http://www.takebackyourpba.com). They are addressed. Please feel free to review it. Kevin appears to believe that I am making anonymous posts on LeoAffairs.com. That is not true. Since June 25, 2007, I have personally posted thirty-eight times on LeoAffairs.Com. Each and every time I have used my own name. There is no need or reason for me to post anonymously because I have said every thing in the open to hundreds of Tampa Police Officers, at roll calls across the city. If Kevin doesn’t like what is said, he has every opportunity to register and post anything he likes on LeoAffairs.com as well.

Kevin believes that we have no plan in place to take back the PBA and then run it successfully. I invite you to look at our “100 Day Plan.” I know Kevin has and must like it because as I discussed previously, he has already begun to implement parts of it. That will make our job easier on January 1.

I was surprised to learn that I was the “co-author,” of the current constitution and by-laws. I had to call the real author, Jeff Stull, our PBA attorney, to see if I was in trouble for plagiarizing his legal work. As every one including Kevin knows, Mr. Stull was the only author of the constitution and by-laws. The entire Tampa Police Board of Directors certainly had briefings along the way during the drafting of the constitution. We all gave some input I’m sure, but if you believe I am the co-author of the PBA Constitution and By-Laws, you would also have to believe that the IRS is here to help you.

I do want to finish this post by taking the time to personally thank Kevin for trying to emulate my writing ability. On October 1, 2007, I included this in my open letter to all of you: “There is an old axiom that I picked up during some political science classes I attended. It goes something like this, ‘When you can’t talk about the issues talk about the candidate.’” Well today, fresh off of Kevin’s PBA printing press he concluded his blue sheet by saying, “In our business, it’s an ancient formula: If you can’t attack the accomplishments and achievements, attack the individual.” Kevin, I am available for more quotes, feel free to call!

The facts speak for themselves!

The true power of the PBA belongs to its members. Exercise your rights and vote October 16-17, 2007.

Till next time,

Greg Stout

Best of Luck Greg
And Old Friend