PDA

View Full Version : The PBA answers are posted

10-11-2007, 11:31 PM
The PBA has done their resaearch on Morgan's claims and its posted on their website. It's long. Seems the PBA is filing some grievances as well.

http://www.nwfpba.org

10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Job well done PBA! The "real" answers! Bad on you David Morgan for slings lying BS!!!!!

10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
DOH!!!!!! :shock:

10-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Long indeed, but good job breaking it down. I can see smoke on the Horizon from the spinning going on at the Morgan camp.

10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
The silence in here is deafening.

10-12-2007, 01:38 AM
I posted this in the Morgan Videos thread back on 9/12/07. With the answers posted on 10/11/07 by the PBA, and contains supporting documentation, maybe now the public will realize how much Morgan and his campaign has misled them.

Does any one really believe that Morgan will take the steps to correct his mis-information campaign?

Posted: 09/12/07 23:27:52 Post subject:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=30729&sid=c8e06c49c816afd9895ee5397484215b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The following are statements you have made in your videos that we would like to see evidence of:

1. You have stated that last year’s Escambia Sheriff’s Office budget was $73 million dollars and that in July of this year (2007) the budget will be $120 million dollars. We would like to see evidence of those numbers.

2. You stated that the Escambia Sheriff’s Office is offering hiring bonuses. We would like to see evidence of anyone who was offered or received a hiring bonus at the Sheriff’s office.

3. You said that there have been 15 deaths at the jail by other than natural means. We would like to see a list of those who have died at the jail and by what means they died.

4. You have stated that 19 people at the Sheriff’s Office make more than the governor of the State of Florida. We would like a list of those names along with the salaries of those persons as well as what figures you have for the governor’s salary.

5. You have stated that the county gave the Sheriff $6 million dollars for raises but most employees only received 2.3% raises. We would like to see the evidence that the Sheriff received $6 million dollars and a list of any employees who received less than a 5% raise.

6. You have stated that the Sheriff is spending $14.7 Million dollars on a new garage. We would like to see any evidence as to how much the new garage is going to cost.

7. You have stated that “Road Deputies” are being sent to the jail to fill manpower shortages. We would like the names of any such law enforcement officers.

I dont think that Morgan can provide the documents to support his allegations. It is also my belief that Morgan will not issue a correction to his message letting the public know he has erred. Morgan is no different than the current sheriff and that is why I will not vote for either Morgan or McNesby.

10-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Those Morgan comments must have been from his CI's. Maybe he needs to pimp slap them ho's! I can't wait to see Morgan's reaction when the PBA lets the world, being Escambia County, know about all of his misleading/lies/crapola! He has lied to the citizens by providing them with false/misleading information in an attempt to make not only the sheriff look bad but also the deputies that are trying to make an honest living. Way to go Morgan!!!! You have my vote.......NOT :P

Now we know why Morgan didn't want to work with the PBA :shock:

10-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Well Done PBA....Thank you guys for taking the time out of your lives to make sure we are all taken care of.....

10-12-2007, 04:00 AM
I wonder how the Morganites will spin this one to make the man look better. I am sure they will come up with some lie or something. The sound of the crickets just got louder around here for sure.

10-12-2007, 04:34 AM
October 11, 2007

NWFL Chapter of PBA
163 East Burgess Road, Pensacola, FL 32503

RE: “Staff Work”

Dear President Custer:

I am in receipt of your “completed staff work.” Thank you for the Dissertation. However, it is woefully inadequate on several levels.

-The attachments I sent to you are from the Clerk of the Court. Beginning with the $80M for FY 2007. Are you choosing to completely disregard the LOST III funding beginning in July of 2007? It totals $47M, for a Grand Total of $127M. And you should also be aware that the Sheriff has requested $86M for FY 2008, raising the Grand Total to $133M. You may choose to believe that the LOST money is “not part of the Sheriff’s budget, but it is. Are you not driving patrol cars purchased under the LOST? Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to a Basic understanding of a Budget and Budgeting Processes is an “F.”

-Bonuses being paid to deputies. Please note that in the video’s we take care to make statements that are documented OR contain a “qualifying statement or disclaimer.” This was the case here. “We have heard or been told, and it is unconfirmed.”
Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Listening and Understanding the Spoken Word is an “F.”

-Deaths in the Jail. I have been unequivocal in my criticism of the Administration, not the rank and file. I believe that the withholding or denial of medical care is “un-natural.” Inmates dying upon finally being transported to a hospital are not natural deaths. Inmates dying after “begging for medical care,” not received, or delayed to just moments prior to their demise, are not natural deaths. Your grade for this portion of the Dissertation pertaining to Basic Medical Care is an “F.”

-19 People making more than the Governor. At no time have I stated that “the sheriff is paying.” What I have stated, repeatedly, is “make more than the governor.” Everyone (except the PBA) I have spoken with in Escambia County has understood this statement, as well as the insidious effect it has on local (ECSO) law enforcement. The people making more than the governor are those that have retired from the ECSO and then re-enter the ECSO with lucrative contract jobs. The proverbial “double-triple dip.” Want to retire and get called back for the cush job? Shut-up, play ball, don’t make waves. Many governmental agencies (especially federal service) prohibit this “revolving door practice.” And your use of the IN Article? And the statement that accessing public records is easy? The IN has been complaining for well over 6 months on the “stonewalling from the Sheriff’s Office over getting “public records” specifically “pay records.” They finally (out of frustration) accessed them through the Clerk of the Court.
Finally, this data on the number making “more than the governor” came from the researchers and “curmudgeons” on the BLAB weekly program Citizen’s Voice.
Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Cognitive Ability in Linear and Nonlinear Thinking is an “F.”

-Actual Pay raises. The PBA failed the membership in tracking the yearly Cost of Living Increases (CLI) and Consumer Price Indexing (CPI). When an organization fails to provide more than basic CLI’s and no offsets for increases in medical care, etc. it is an all too common management practice to “sell” the idea of a raise when the actual numbers are not there. The rank and file at the ECSO is well below in all of these areas. You grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for Basic Understanding of CLI and CPI and its Debilitative Effect on Annual Employee Salaries and Actual Take Home Pay is an “F.”

-Cost of Parking Garage. BOCC Meeting Minutes and LOST II and III budgeting address this very issue. Your posted document lists an NTP (Notice to Proceed), which in contracting allows the selected contractor to begin work up to $2.2M. The document that you have not listed nor provided is the all important NTE (Not to Exceed) amount. That is the bottom line to any contracting effort unless the contract is modified. Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of Contracting, Terms and Meanings is an “F.”

-Road Deputies working Detention. I had dinner with a deputy working these very duties, as well as speaking with a recent “ECSO retiree” that has returned who stated one of his reasons was so “regular road deputies could work corrections.” Again, in the video we made a qualifying statement that “we have been told.” Your grade for this portion of the submitted Dissertation for a Basic understanding of a Qualifying and Unconfirmed Statement is an “F.”

I share your concern for “truth.” I would not have made such statements offering a “background release” for the media had I not.

You are “concerned” about the effect my statements may have on voters in an upcoming tax referendum? And the effect my statements may (or has) had on your organizations ability to negotiate for the members? How laudable of you!

Now, let me give you a “reality byte.” Tax cuts are coming. For us all. Your organization would not be faced with “devastation,” in the form of layoffs, if you had any leadership. What you are facing are unique management challenges. Ones that cannot be ignored by refusing to face reality. Such as;
-55% in Administration, being paid exorbitant salaries.
-A sheriff that has had his budget increase each year by tens of millions. YET, your organization is one of the lowest paid in the state. AND, there are less deputies and correctional officers on duty today than when he took office.
-Un-needed material (numbers of helicopters, command trailers, sniper rifles).
-Un-needed land purchase and facilities.
-Taxes that have increased by 156% (since 2001).

But you are aware of all of this. I need not lecture any further.
I am sincerely sorry that our association has gotten off to such a rocky start. I just take offense when someone that I’ve never met, nor shared a cup of coffee with, or had civil discussion with floats a notice titled “The Problems with David Morgan.”

I can almost be assured that we’ll never see a meeting called entitled “The Problems with Ron McNesby.”

As I have stated in a recent response to MOD 353 on the leoaffairs website, I support the PBA as the legal bargaining unit.

I look forward to a positive relationship with the PBA membership as the next sheriff of Escambia County.

Yours truly,

David Morgan
Candidate for Sheriff

PS: And by the way, several retired officers are providing information on the “hemorrhaging of money at the ECSO” as are other government agencies.

"Political advertisement paid for and approved by David Morgan, Republican, for Sheriff."

10-12-2007, 05:09 AM
As an Escambia County taxpayer, voter, and employee of the Sheriff Office, I give David Morgan a big fat "F" in his overall truthfulness.

Morgan's reply to the PBA is an continued attempt to mislead voters. No matter how he spins his misinformation, it still misinformation. Having a liar like Morgan as Sheriff, will not improve moral at the Sheriff's Office.

I now have questions for Morgan -

1) If you didn't mean to imply that "the sheriff is paying" employees more than the Governor, why not state that you are counting the employees current salary plus "other" income?

2) Are you sure the Governor doesn't have another source of income?

3) If we are going to compare apples to apples, list be completely factual. Please tell us, the Governor's total income and which S/O employees earns more than him.

4) If elected, will you double-dip on salary? Or will you tell the Federal Government you no longer desire your military retirement?

5) I listened to the infomercial's. I have heard your comments. Your repeated statements, called into questions by the PBA, did not contain "qualifying statements". Your comments of "we have been told", or "we have heard", or "it is unconfirmed" really translates into nothing but rumors and innuendos. Should the citizens of Escambia County rely on you to lead the Sheriff's Office knowing you rely on rumors and innuendos?

Mr. Morgan, your actions and your posted comments tonight are distasteful. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your new slogan could be: Just another thug scamming the Escambia County taxpayer.

Your comments tonight continue to confirm why I will not vote for you. Escambia County will be a better place without you as a civil servant.

10-12-2007, 05:50 AM
Maybe you'll feel differently when Sheriff David Morgan retires after his second term in January 2017.

10-12-2007, 07:25 AM
You are sick in the head Craig.

10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
hahaha...Morgan you have no chance....give it up before you make your self look silly during elections....

10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow. He is seriously mentally ill. He can't admit the PBA even made one good point. He still doesn't provide any facts (like the 19 people who made more than the governor, the 14.7 million, the 3 people who died under the Lowman administration not counting). They are out of their minds. Shove it up their a$$ PBA.

10-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Are you all kidding? Let’s see, we turn to “the Deacon,” (you all remember, the man that talks for God?) that paragon of virtue, to sign a letter affirming “the gospel truth?”

Yeah, right. For those that have forgotten;

-This is the guy that stonewalls PBA negotiations

-This is the guy that “determines” spousal abuse” is over

-This is the guy that attacks a state PBA rep (sorry! Incidentally touches!)

-This is the guy that…..well, the list goes on and on.

And this is who Bain and Company turn to for “the truth.”

Great Representation!

10-14-2007, 11:12 PM
To the above poster, The PBA provided written documentation as to what is actually occuring. Until Morgan does the same I say he is a liar. He even put his little back spin on things to try to save face. He needs to show proof or admit he is wrong/lying. And no, we have no forgotten about McNesby and the chief's exploits and won't at election time. Again you Morganites think if we are not for you we are for Mcnesby. That is not the case.

10-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I think he should keep showing the public what a loser the sheriff is. Morgan is doing a wonderful job of that. He wants to get elected and debating with you about your PBA spin on his videos will only keep him off track. I like his messages and I believe him. There has got to be a reason why you don't want an honest sheriff. Maybe you should explain that to your members? In all of the posts the PBA has placed on this site and their website I never have heard them calling for integrity and honesty in the office of sheriff. What's wrong with that picture homeboy? I think you know the answer for that one. And it's not, " You are an idiot."

10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
I hope Morgan keeps showing his videos too. That way when the other candidates finally bring out the big guns he is going to look that much worse. The PBA has already spanked him and he has another big one coming when they break out their mdeia campaign on his a$$ for lying. The PBA has nothing against Morgan other than the fact that he has been lying to everyone.

10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
If I were him I'd sue the PBA if they do as you say.

10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
And what is he going to sue them over? For him getting called out on his BS lies? I think now Mr. wizard!!!

10-16-2007, 01:42 AM
If I were him I'd sue the PBA if they do as you say.

Quite possibly the funniest thing on here today. First off Morgan doesn't have the money to sue. The PBA has staff lawyers to defend. Secondly he can't sue if its true. Third, candidates don't sue allegations because it just draws more attention to the situtation. Imagine the headlines. "David Morgan Sues PBA for calling him a liar." Then an article explaining his claims and the public records the PBA used to base calling his claims a lie. Gimme some of that. That's the best thing that could happen.

The PBA has already proved Morgan is a liar. The dictionary defines a liar as one who lies. Lie is defined as

:NOUN:
1. A false statement deliberately presented as being true; a falsehood.
2. Something meant to deceive or give a wrong impression.

Find a jury that watches the Morgan Videos and then sees the real documents and they will decide he is a liar.

It makes me laugh all the slander Morgan spits about McNesby and now he's called out by the PBA and his supporter on here wants him to sue. :roll:

Look at ol' John Kerry and the Swiftboat Vets. They called him a coward.

Don't be concerned for the PBA. I'm sure the PBA lawyers will look over everything before TV and newspaper adds are run and give it their blessing. It will happen, I assure you. I look forward to it more than you can possibly imagine.

P.S. BTW, I hear the PBA is in contact with Miami Girl who wants to do an expose on Morgan's Lies.
:lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:

10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
So you are proud of making baseless allegations instead of opening up lines of positive communication? You act like loose canons in a mental ward and think it will garner the respect of your members or the tolerance of those you attack. Two words for you geniuses. It won't. Why isn't the PBA calling for charges against McNesby for covering up for (among many others) Sully who now stands convicted of evidence destruction? I guess it's easier to attack a man with a clean record and supportable opinions than it is to stand up to a sheriff that renders your entire local membership devoid of respect. PBA leadership should resign. You are a part of the problem at the ECSO.

10-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Well I'm sure the poll they sent out will support that. I'm sure them picking on Morgan will garner him a lot of sympathy votes. I'm guessing he gets around 90%? :roll: The PBA is doing what their memebership wants. You are not a member therefore it's absolutely none of your business what they do. I know you hate hearing that.

Right now its time for the PBA to eliminate candidates. Not only do they not like Morgan (Who they already took a look at last election) but they think he would make the absolute worst sheriff of the four candidates. It'd be like John Kerry complaining that we weren't letting him get his message out to the membership this election. There is no need. They already know what he is about from the last election

You already dared Bain to send the letter (your post was deleted by the Mod) and it was sent. Now challenges are being made about the lies going public. It will. I will laugh.

Does it still suck knowing your the only person who posts in support of Morgan on this board?